• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pokémon Ancestral Tree Ver. 001

Spire

III
BRoomer
It's ver. 001 so it's not perfect. I can already spot a few points I'd like to change, but basically, this is based 95-99% on egg groups. Good luck in making much sense of it. Just try and cascade down starting with Mew and assume that the next row of Pokémon descend from those above. Maybe you'll be able to see the connections like I do.

Well, I already see a number of flaws. ANYWAYS HERE YOU GO:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Minor shifts here and there.

I'd like to explain how I got from Furret to Machamp:
Primates are actually part of the same order as rodents, related through lemur-like species. Furret is my placeholder lemur-like creature, or just pretend there's a species between it and Ambipom. Ambipom is a monkey, so it's the closest related, followed by Primeape which is an ape. Infernape is a humanshape ape, so it's related to the humanshape Pokémon (because we evolved from apes). Medicham is even more of a humanshape ape because Meditite is a little chimp, similar in design to Chimchar in some respects. Continuing along the 'becoming more humanoid' path, by natural evolution, it's not farfetched to think that Meditite could eventually become Tyrogue as they are somewhat similar, and both are fighting. Tyrogue could easily be a cousin to Mime Jr., Smoochum, and Machop, so there we go. Electivire is in there because it's an ape and Hariyama is forced to be in there even though it doesn't really resemble anything animalistic.

So let's look at the type path:
Normal > Normal > Fighting { a,b
a: Fighting/Fire > Fighting/Psychic > Fighting { Psychic, Psychic/Ice, Fighting
b: Electric > Fighting > Fighting { Psychic, Psychic/Ice, Fighting

Makes enough sense to me.

Also Cacturne should be up with the other flowers.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Just how long did you take to do this?
I've been working on and off for a long time now. You should see the planning draft. Oh boy is that a mess... I'll get it up soon. As for today, I spent a good 8 hours? The easiest part was what you see above. The drafting was what ate up most of the time.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why Corsola? Because it's a plant (I think...), I suppose?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Why is Magmortar with the Birds and Crobat with the rodents

Clownbot

Smash Lord
The two bottom right sections are by far the most confusing to me :S

Great work though.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire VII <33333

Why exactly is Nidoking listed next to Nidoran (F)?
Because Nidoqueen can't breed, only Nidoran (F). This is based on Egg Groups and since Nidorina and Nidoqueen are in the same group as the Legendaries... I decided to just omit them entirely. Again, it's not perfect and I will be doing some revising.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ahh okay. So then other Legendaries like Suicune, Entei won't be listed, then.

Perhaps Mewtwo needs to jut off of Mew. Not necesarrily an evolutino but whatever.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What are we basing Exploud off of? Because I see it grouped alongside Kangaskhan, Marowak, and Slaking.

Actually, I'm slightly confused with that as well.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Hmmmmm...

It seems solid for the most part on a quick skim. This isn't the way I wouldn't have done it though.

I would've based each pokemon with their real life counterparts and see where they come in, making pokemon like Wailord come in at the beginning as opposed to it being the last one in one of these branches.

But this way works as well I guess :)

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
For what reason is Rotom so early? Without any electronical devices to take hold of, for what reason would Rotom exist? Shouldn't Rotom come in corespondance with the appliece Pokemon?

Also, shouldn't Porygon be in its own separate evolution, separate from all others since its all man created without the basis of any other pokemon?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Rotom is based off one of two things.
1. Pulseman's helmet, if you don't know, Pulseman was a game made by Game Freak as well. It and Pokemon have lots of stunning similarities when it comes to graphics, such as enemies looking just like Pokemon.
2. The phenomenon of lighting balls in the sky, which are high in voltage and could potentially ruin electrically powered items, hence something in relation to possesing appliances.
The appliance forms were created later from Rotom having the potential to do the possesing, but it's quite possible that Rotom is actually very primitive, being formed from some sort of "Pokelife" Mew gave to some random lighting ball

Wrath`

Smash Master
Wow this is great, I like your first chart in the hidden more than whats on the OP, it's seems more like what you would find in a biological text book.

Nice work

Moozle

Smash Champion
I prefer the hidden one too. Couldn't Wormadam also be in the bug/plant spot with Parasect in that chart?

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
My friend says that Castform should belong with Porygon-Z because it was artificially made.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
So is there anything else we could possibly change to this, Spire? I assume the fact that it's v.001 means you have a lot planned for it. What kinds of changes were you planning on?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How non-mew legends fit into all this is one that seems obvious.

M.K

Level 55
Shouldn't Burungeru be something other than simply Indeterminate?
And Magcargo should maybe be with Desukan with Indeterminate/Mineral.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I agree. Burungeru is definitely based off of a jellyfish or something. Also, Gardevoir and Gallade don't get to be something like Humanshape / Fairy? And isn't Shishibudon or whatever (the Electric-type snake in Indeterminate) based off of an eel?

Wrath`

Smash Master
This a great re-vamp to this tree.

I am wondering on your reasoning behind The Garbage Bag Pokemon being mineral, he looks more towards compost in my thoughts. But would that make him a plant/monster? Or are you basing this solely on egg groups?

Ulgamoth/Urgurumuthu, should it be more than just bug? Like bug fairy? to accommodate it's legendary-ish status

If I am not thinking about this in the right way let me know.

Moozle

Smash Champion
I guess Zuruzukin does look kind of like a dragon, but it's based off of a hoodlum who wears baggy clothes. I'd put it in the humanshape category. or maybe humanshape ground. Also I don't think trash-bag pokemon (Dasu-whatever) should be in the mineral category, but I don't know where it would go.

Edit: Ninja'd about mr garbage bag.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Guys, I'm not making this up. The placement of every Pokémon is according to their egg group. Some Pokémon belong to egg groups that I just don't agree with, but that's how it is.

Once I get the time, I'll rework this into the format seen in the OP.

Top Bottom