• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashCAP 3: Art Submissions

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
[SmashCAP 3]
Start date: 5/15/10
End date: --/--/--
Concept: The Zook Concept
Concept Assessment - More-or-less a sweeper-esque Pokemon, who can handle Blissey. Or at least be able to work around typical special sponges. Someone already suggested part Fighting-type to get STAB on Vacuum Wave to get around things, so you can further on that idea or come up with something new.

Type: Normal / ???

Writer said:
Special Note: The ability, whatever it's named, will function like a Trace for typing. Upon switching in, its secondary type will become that of the opposing Pokemon's primary type. In the event that it tries to copy a Pokemon of the primary Normal type, it gains no secondary typing and this ability functions in the same way as Adaptability. This activates just after switching in, so Stealth Rock damage is a constant neutral no matter what the secondary type becomes. Also, because there are no primary Flying-types outside of Arceus, it should be noted that this Pokemon will never become Normal/Flying when used outside of Ubers.
-----
Artwork can now be discussed / designed / posted for SmashCAP 3. Keep in mind the typing, and the ability.

All global forum rules still apply.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I've got a drawing done but it's more in the spirit of the idea than Zook.

Really I don't think this idea is much about Zook anymore lol

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well if it helps, I remember Zook saying on Facebook "I'm a semi-aquatic mammal that lays eggs." or something to that extent.

Lol.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Can someone find the pic of Zook in the crab hat? I can't find it :( (or did I imagine that in my head lmao)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Wow... never knew that Zook looked like that lol XD

Let's just get a Platypus and make it a pokemon

And in the spirit of CRASHiC, let's name it the Platypussy :laugh:

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Mine will be here tomorrow :)

(offtopic) also, I just noticed snakes have influenced my art a lot lately, that and dragonite.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Mine will probably also be submitted tomorrow, maybe even tonight if I work quickly enough.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
I'm working on something. Whether I submit or not is a matter of whether I like it.

Didn't take long, but admittedly I'm not gonna put a lot of time into something without some feedback whether it's liked or not. Hopefully we can all brainstorm what we want Zook to look like.

Anyway, it's an idea at very least.

ZOOK
Extremely rare, this Pokemon's tail holds mystical powers. Some remote tribes believe this tail has the power to turn a human into a Pokemon.​

So the the tail is essentially what transforms it's second type. Also I read something about him being a platypus? So yeah.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

The Mirror serpent pokemon

The mirror on its Back, Tail, and Arms Are said to give it the power of whoever opposes it.

Looks a bit Ubery, But whatevs...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I like it... if the line under his eyes is the bottom edge of his "head" and not a mouth.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
O yeah, that's just extremely rough. Did it in like 15 minutes. Tbh I love charmanders!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
[collapse="What's this? A submission?"]
[/collapse]

The Quicksilver Pokémon

A very simple idea, based on a pool of reflective liquid.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I still need to get the **** scanner to work so I can get my art on my computer.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Once again my lack of art skills will show here but you get the general idea.

My idea for Zookemon, Normal Forme.

The idea was that Missingno. corrupts itself in accordance to the foe, and changes the color, and Missingno.'s shape, fire for fire-type etc. Unfortunately, I was too lazy to art-up the 16 other types, and I doubt the spriters will pony up 68 sprites, so just the idea that this represents will have to do.

Obviously I drew this as a plain-looking Pokemon with a silly attachment, in the spirit of this silly SmashCAP.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
I like how the eyes on ultis look like "pokemon eyes"
Most fakes are too stupid to use those
and apparently Ken Sugimori For the B/W leaks, lol

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Everyone's looks good so far!

I think I might give this another shot. I'll draw up a sketch right now, might post it a bit later.

Should I try to use color this time?

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Well, that didn't take too long.

I guess it's a little different. Sorry about the lame coloring. I was kind of inspired by Ulti's drawing, so this guy has a little "thinking cap" that I guess allows him to magically change his typing.

Top Bottom