• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queensland Reform -> Threads and Personnel

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
While I've got a few spare moments, I thought I might get people up to date with what's what. Because of how busy I've been, I haven't been very clairvoyant with what I've been doing behind the scenes.

There are a few things I'd like to do with this thread.

• Propose a reform of all Queensland Threads
  • Re-evaluate everyone's position
  • Inform you all of future plans

Sometimes something like this is necessary to put things back into perspective. And making people feel like they're invested with responsibility both encourages people to take their own initiatives and leads other people to be enthusiastic as well. (Something Cao does all the time ;))

Thread Reform

It's pretty simple. Given the permission of the DORF clan, I'd like for the Gannondorf thread to become a General Queensland Meetups thread. Whilst the Tournament thread will only relate to tournament planning/discussion/trashtalk/ego stroking, the General meetups thread will relate to setting up meetups/discussions/trashtalk/ego stroking.

So QLD tournament threads will remain limited to:

1x Tournament Thread
1x Meetups Thread

The only other reason we should have another thread is for a major.

General Personnel

LanSmash & New Initiatives TO - Vyse
QLD Smash Contact Person - Vyse
Smash Secretary - ????

Brisbane TO - Syke
Brisbane TO - Hotdog
Brisbane TO - ????

Gold Coast TO - R4VEN (Kaion)
Gold Coast TO - ????
Gold Coast TO - ????

Besides myself I want 6 dedicated tournament directors. I think if 3 people share the responsibility, can feel like they can talk to each other and get things done when the others can't, then I think things can work.

The tournament directors from each region will collaborate and assist each other in everything from deciding dates, booking venues and relating information as appropriate.

The Smash Secretary will just assist me with things I find I don't have time for. But I already have somebody in mind for that, so stay tuned.

Future Plans

This morning I had a very interesting meeting with Orientation Week organisers for QUT representing QUT's ragtag gaming club 'OMFG Club' and if I have my way not only will we be at O-Week this and next semester driving for new members, we will also be having fortnightly club nights, meaning we could be running a smash tournament every 2 weeks at zero cost.

Now this is probably not feasible since the club does more than play video games. They will probably not want to facilitate a smash tournament every two weeks. So it will be up to us to organise grass roots tournaments on the off club nights.

Preferably it would go:

OMFG
Week Off
Brisbane Tournament
Week Off
OMFG
Week Off
GC Tournament
Week Off
(Repeat)

Other initiatives

Mark "Slapper Joe" Richards and I have worked out a deal with the Manabar to run a tournament for both Smash and Street Fighter IV on the 21st - A Monday.

That along with HawtSoike and Game Traders should cap off 3 days straight of smash tournaments.

- - -

End of report, I'm gonna get back to work.

CaLibUr_1337

Smash Lord
Is that job worse or better? :p Jokes, I don't mind. So is there any word of a possible sponsorship from Gametraders?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
When am I able to host DC3? :colorful: I don't know how Queensland calendar operates, or when there is a void which can be filled.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'll give you some dates on the remaining LanSmash's, Gencon and Animania this year. Those are the only dates you'll need to worry about.

Pantsmann

Smash Lord
reform ideas sound good to me.
As for brisbane TO, i'm going to have a lot more free time next semester, so after my exams finish I'll be able to TO for brisbane easily enough, especially with hugh's help =D

course if there's somebody better for the position then they can go for it.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I'd still prefer DC3 to be organised around Animania/Gencon. Important or not, it's still a clash.

@Dif: I'll talk to you soon.

Hughalicous

Smash Apprentice
If dif and I can get round to a UQ games club being set up. And it'll be a million times better then anything QUT has. That said I also volunteer to do whatever difs doing. Stop him difailing as a TO.

Not sure if this is relevant, but I'm hoping that starting at tempest, and continuing at every other tournament I help host/attend, I'll be able to start a nice little excel spread sheet of everyones placings, and if its not to much hassle, the results of each match(eg 2-1, 2-0, remaining stock, etc). It'll obviously be available to whoever runs the power rankings as objective placings stuff.

I'll be much more active once exams end. I have 3 exams in as many days. Some serious study going on here. + a 4th a week later, but noone cares about that yet.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Tournament thread, meets thread and a pr thread IMO. If that's too much, tournament thread can have pr in it and probably should.

Titles and first post always covers the multiple pages of spam. Important info is always found in them. Spam happens in every thread in qld these days, no point having 5 threads of spam, hard to tell which is the important one these days. The ganon thread has been more "important" than the main thread.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
nothing seems to be changing.. only a subtle way of getting rid of ganon thread XD
replacing it with another qld meet thread...

yeah the first page is the important one and should be updated regualy.

Top Bottom