• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ranbat 1.5 (Final) - Sun, Sept. 5th feat. DEHF, Lovage, HugS & Rich Brown

mio

Smash Ace
805 Presents: Oxnard Ranking Battle Season 1
Mio said:
Summer is here and it's time to get things going. Big tourneys are great, but casual training is just as important, and that's mainly what I'd like this series to be for: consistent competition. This is the first ever Super Smash Smash Brothers Ranking Battle, which is essentially the same format as SCSA's point system, but on a much smaller, more casual scale (and with a way cooler name). Ranking Battles will occur every other Friday, starting next week---June 18th.
Current Overall Rankings - as of Ranbat 1.4

Brawl
1st: Junk - 25 (+5)
2nd: DEHF - 20
3rd: Rich Brown - 15 (+1)
4th: Fiction - 10 (+10)
5th: SomeRandomKid - 8
6th: BarDulL - 7 (+7)
6th: ViceGrip - 7 (+1)
7th: Jordon - 6
7th: Zork - 6 (+1)
8th: Typh - 3 (+3)
9th: Curtis - 1 (+1)
9th: Dragulze -1
9th: Truth - 1
9th: Kevin Magic - 1
9th: John - 1
9th: Mio - 1
9th: Zack - 1
9th: Cecil - 1

Melee
1st: Lovage - 27 (+10)
2nd: DanteFox - 12
3rd: Helmet - 11
4th: Smoke2Jointz - 10
5th: DEHF - 7
5th: macd - 7 (+7)
5th: Kevin Magic - 7
6th: Replicate - 5 (+5)
6th: Craiger - 5
7th: Connor - 3 (+3)
7th: Mio - 3
8th: Jkun - 1 (+1)
8th: Psychomidget - 1 (+1)
8th: Fiction - 1 (+1)
8th: Strain - 1
8th: Crash Override - 1
8th: Andeh - 1
8th: S2R - 1
8th: Double D - 1
8th: Soren - 1
8th: LEV! - 1

Melee Rules (Pound 4)
•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed

Singles Stage List
Neutrals
FD
Yoshi's
Dreamland
Battlefield
Fountain of Dreams

Counterpicks
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Stage List
Neutrals
FD
Yoshi's
Dreamland
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks
Kongo Jungle
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise

Brawl Rules (MLG)
-3 Stock
-8 Minute Time Limit
-Items are set to "off" and "none"
-All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches, with the aforementioned Finals sets being best 3/5 games.
-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab, Marth on Ness grab-release, etc
-Ice climber infinites are LEGAL up to 250%
-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock): If a suicide move ends a match, the match will be reset with 1 stock each to both players on the same level. Time limit will be set to 3 minutes. Both players technically died at the same time, and that is why the match was a draw. Play out the one stock, and the winner wins that match.
-Players using a Wii-mote to play must take their batteries out when not playing. We can't be having wii's be interrupted because someone made a mistake. I will be enforcing this heavily, and there will be penalties if people do not obey.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. 1st Stage will be chosen at random unless agreed upon by both players. Each Player will be provided one Random Reset, with the lower-seeded Player given the option to use their reset first.**
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. The winner of the previous match may announce their Stage Ban selection
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
**If neither Player has chosen to use their Random Reset within 3 seconds of the match starting, the match must be played out on the stage generated.

Additional Rules for Doubles Play:
-Life Stealing is allowed
-Team attack will be set to ON
-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
-Chibo's Color-Blind Rule: If a player on a team is playing Lucario, Sonic, or Pokemon Trainer, either team can request for them to be Blue Team and the opponents must abide. If both teams have one of the characters, they must work it out between them.

Neutrals
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counterpicks
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Fees
Singles - $5
Doubles -$10 ($5 per teammate)
Venue - $5 (Bring a setup and you don't have to pay the venue fee, but if you bring a setup and still pay the venue fee, then you get 10 raffle tickets)

Ranking System (Singles Only)
Points will be awarded to the top 8 placers of each ranking battle, as follows:
1st = +10
2nd = +7
3rd = +5
4th = +3
5th = +1
6th = +1
7th = +1
8th = +1

Prize System
For each individual ranking battle, there will be a payout to the top 3 placers of the singles tournaments:
1st: 50%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

The remaining 20% of the entrance fees will go into a pot that will be kept for the entire season. At the end of the season, the player with the most points will be awarded:

-The title of "Ranking Battle Season 1 Champion"
-The entire amount of the accumulated pot from each ranking battle
-A brand new gamecube controller
-A brand new copy of either Melee or Brawl

Doubles will just be normal tournaments with no point system. The payouts will be:
1st: 50%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 20%

Raffle Prizes
There will be 2-3 raffles at each ranking battle for $1 per ticket. And if you bring a set up and still pay the $5 venue fee, then you get 10 raffle tickets, 5 free ones for being legit. The 1st raffle prizes are:

-Jack@$$ - The Complete Box Set (includes all Television episodes + extra unaired footage)
-Used Black Gamecube controller (fully functional)

Season Schedule
Ranbat 1.1 - Friday, June 18th
Ranbat 1.2 - Friday, July 2nd
Ranbat 1.3 - Friday, July 16th
Ranbat 1.4 - Sunday, August 6th
Ranbat 1.5 - Sunday, September 5th

Tentative Itinerary
11:00 am : Casuals and sign-ups
12:00 pm : Brawl Doubles
1:00 pm : Melee Doubles
2:00 pm : Brawl Singles
3:00 pm : Melee Singles

Melee and Brawl will occur simultaneously, but with a lower expectancy of entrants, we should be able to stick to these time frames pretty easily. I don't expect these to ever go past 7 or 8 pm.

Café on A / Rudy Acuña Art Gallery
438 S. A Street
Oxnard, CA 93030
(805) 487-8170 <----The Gallery's # that we will be using on tournament day
Google Map

Places nearby:
Plaza Stadium Cinemas 14
Capriccio's
Subway
Cold Stone Creamery
Starbucks Coffee
Thai Peru
Café Escobar
5th Street Steak & Seafood

mio

Smash Ace
The only thing I haven't really decided upon is whether I'm going to have rankings for doubles. There's 2 ways I could do it if I did. I could either:

-Award points to each doubles team (meaning the top team gets the accumulated pot)
-Award points to each doubles player (meaning the top teammate would get the accumulated pot)

With the 2nd option, you wouldn't have to stick with the same team in order to win the overall rankings. Which option sounds better? Or should I just not worry about rankings for doubles?

Lovage

Smash Hero
looks good, let's see if we can strum up 818 interest

btw, for melee doubles i suggest 50/30/20 payouts with no season rankings, just payout on the spot.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
i'm interested if i can get a ride there from the 818

edit: i could use public transportation to get there in 2.5 hours, but a ride would still be preferred.

mio

Smash Ace
Important update: the authorities (my dad and his business partner) want the venue fee at $5 to help with the electric bill. I hope this isn't too much of an issue. As usual, the venue fee will be waived if you bring a setup.

Hey Strain thanks for the support, glad you can make it out! I don't know who you really are tho... Brendan, Gurbir??

Strain

Smash Apprentice
Important update: the authorities (my dad and his business partner) want the venue fee at $5 to help with the electric bill. I hope this isn't too much of an issue. As usual, the venue fee will be waived if you bring a setup.

Hey Strain thanks for the support, glad you can make it out! I don't know who you really are tho... Brendan, Gurbir??
It's Brendan :bee:

mio

Smash Ace
There will be raffles!!!!! Tickets will be $1 each. And if you bring a set up and still pay the $5 venue fee, then you get 10 raffle tickets, 5 free ones for being legit. The first set of raffles for Ranbat 1.1 this Friday will be:

-Jack@$$ - The Complete Box Set (includes all Television episodes + extra unaired footage)
-Used Black Gamecube controller (fully functional)

So bring a few extra bucks!

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
hey strain, not sure if i can go to the first one, but would u be able to take me to the later ones? also we need to smash again, havent played since two always gamings ago i think.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I'll come if it looks like theres actually going to be a turnout. Plus theres brawl lol

WHA?

Smash Ace
need a ride from the 818 also =/
if someone in the 818 has a drivers liscence is or is known for being a careful driver, and is down to pitch in gas $$$$
i might be able to have my parents let us borrow a van

Top Bottom