• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BISB 5: Nadoless Party! June 12th 2010, MOntreal, Quebec

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
BISB 5 : Nadoless Party!

GENERAL INFORMATION

Since Swordgard has rent the venue but cannot use it and have his money back. I will use the venue to make a tournament. I know this is last minute. Its still better than nothing tough. I would like people helping bringing tvs and wiis. Also there is no venue fee for this tournament for everyone entering an event since the venue was already paid. Bring People ! Swordgard and Holynightamre are not attending cuz they are going to be at Hamilton. Ally somewhere in the USA

Link to stream: No stream, no internet at venue(so far)

Date: Saturday, June 12th 2010
Time: 10:00AM to 10:00 PM (probably, still have to confirm)
Montreal Quebec

Tournament Organizers

KingKong

Venue rules

TBA

Entry Fees and Format

Brawl
Venue Fee: 0$
Brawl Singles: 10$
Doubles - 10$
Spectator Fee - 5 $

-Round Robin Pools if time permits (size and quantity to be decided depending on sign-ups); top players advance to a double elimination bracket. All matches are best of 3, except for Winners', Losers', and Grand finals, which are best of 5.

Prizes:
- Singles and Doubles: 60%/30%/10% for 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Schedule:

10:30 AM – 11:00 AM Brawl Doubles registration
11:00 PM – 2:00 PM Brawl Doubles bracket
1:00 PM – 2:00 PM Brawl Singles registration
2:30 PM - 5:30 PM Brawl Singles Pools
5:30PM – 9:30 PM Brawl Singles Bracket
9:30 PM – 10:00 PM Clean up

General rules:

-3 Stock

-8 minute timer

-Items are set to "off" and "none"

-In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

-Each set is best of 3 save for Winners, Losers and Grand Finals which are best of 5

-Team Attack is always on.

-Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

-In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

-If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

-If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

-Stalling is banned.

-If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).

-Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)

-If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.

-If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

- Metaknight has a 35 ledge grab limit.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce 1 stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral stages (will be on random select):
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium - Melee

Counterpicks (are not on random select, but are legal stages to be selected):

Rainbow Cruise - Melee
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Lylat Cruise
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes - Melee
Brinstar - Melee

Banned (can never be used under any circumstances):
Port Town Aero Dive
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirateship
Luigi's Mansion
Onett - Melee
Hanenbow
Corneria - Melee
Pokemon Stadium 2
Bridge of Eldin
Green Hill Zone
Mushroomy Kingdom
Mario Circuit
Rumble Falls
Distant Planet
Spear Pillar
Skyworld
WarioWare, Inc.
Summit
75m
Mario Bros.
Flat Zone 2
Green Greens - Melee
Shadow Moses Island
Temple - Melee
Yoshi's Island - Melee
Big Blue - Melee

ANY custom stages

Participants

South Shore:
Guard
samthedigital
Phen
Hells

Montreal:
Kingkong
Badsam
Game-Over
liloravioli
Frr
Mar1
Techiyo (maybe)
Negga(maybe)
Dhope(maybe)
Cruel (maybe)
Krewman (maybe)

Quebec everywhere else:
Stroumbert (maybe)

Equipment:
Obviously, a tournament needs a sufficient amount of equipment to run smoothly; this is where we as hosts put our faith in everybody for making this as efficient as possible. For all you generous people, please include your willingness to share your following equipments

TVs
Phen (1)
Kingkong(2)

Wiis
KingKong
Guard
Phen

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
thanks for putting this thread up Kkong. I hope some familiar faces will show up. Mar1 said he probably WONT go and Techiyo said that he works that day. (I think you knew that before me) anyway.....

I think we should contact DOM, I'm impressed that Samthedigital accepted too. I MIGHT be able to give a lift for a couple more people besides Kkong and his TV.

Ill tri comunicating with some friends too....HOPE THIS WORKS OUT!!!!!!!!!!

PS: confirm me for my Wii as well, and an extension (if we need it that is).

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
sure Phen no prob..... I currently have Kingkong, Phen, and MAYBE SamTheDigital (I think he needs a lift)

the only thing that SUCKS is that I have no GPS.lol I HATE using Map-Quest or Google-maps......but I'll manage.lol

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
ok guard do u have one more space in your car cuz I forgot to mention that my friend's brother is coming with me >.>

Also Frr can u ask agora if he wants to come ?

Frr

Smash Rookie
I asked Agora if he wants to come, but he has something else planned on that day, so he won't be coming.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
ok guard do u have one more space in your car cuz I forgot to mention that my friend's brother is coming with me >.>

Also Frr can u ask agora if he wants to come ?
I currently have you, phen, and (maybe) sam....

so do I need space for your friend and his bro too...... ???

if I do, then I must ditch someone....... unless we figure something out.

also, I would need a way to know where to go..lol is google maps best, and where do I pick you up. and phen too???

ps: hope the tv`s aren`t too big.lol

second PS (lol): Techiyo said he MIGHT come, but he`s really not sure.

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
I just need one more place not 2 its only the brother of my friend who is coming. I can find the way to go to the venue by my house but from your house to mine I cant help you tough call me whenever you can Ill send my phone number via message

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
I just need one more place not 2 its only the brother of my friend who is coming. I can find the way to go to the venue by my house but from your house to mine I cant help you tough call me whenever you can Ill send my phone number via message
sure, sounds good, I will gladly give your friends bro a lift. then that makes....
KINGKONG, your friends bro, PHEN, and (maybe) sam (I really need to speak to him.lol)

all I will need now is where phen lives, I don`t think he lives that far, I will discuss more with him and you Kingkong via MSN (as you stated). later tonight though.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
needs moar tvs and stuff. come on guys. <333

I`ll ask sam if he can. also, do you know anyone from school that can come. I`ll speak with Fayt. but It would be nice to have Hate (Gab) go too, Corey said he can`t and so did Chris.

ps: be online on msn tonight please.lol

Kirby1

Smash Cadet
I'm going to push my luck a bit, but did anyone gain a copy of Melee and lose a copy of Brawl at one of the BisBs?

I also lost a white memory card (not an official one) at another BisB, but that is likely not gonna show up. >_>

Dominic

Smash Apprentice
Oh so thats why you called me Stephen.

I hope i can come

david ou stephen vous avez des partenaire

cemo

white walker
1 kingkong (bowser)
2 mar1 (dk)
3 guard (fox)
4 dom (snake)
5 cemo :D :D D: D: (G&W)
5 samthedigital (MK)
7 badsam (diddy/mk)
7 frr (zss/marth)

i think this is right

Kirby1

Smash Cadet
Yeah, the tournament ended with MK dittos on Delfino Plaza. >_>

South shore won the crew battle also lol.

Top Bottom