• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM FAQ Master Hand: How to play and How to Use.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Legal Declaimer: Nintendo Inc owns The SSBM rights. I do not. Please, do not sue me Nintendo as this FAQ is used for informational purposes only. Please do not E-mail me about weather you can use this FAQ or not as long as it remains unchanged and you give credit where credit is due it is my answer is automatically a yes. Those rules also goes with posting this other web sites as long as meat those two conditions it is a automatic yes, but if you can not give credit to me, or leave it unchanged, or both. My answer will be a resounding NO.

Section 1 Table of contents
Section 1 Table of contents
Section 2 Master Hand FAQ intro.
Section 3 Reduce freezing and Glitch info.
Section 4 Master hand’s pro’s and con’s
Section 5 Master hand’s move set (names not official)
Section 6 Stages to avoid and other stage info
Section 7 you’re so crazy. (Combos with crazy hand)

Section 2 Master Hand FAQ intro.
Master Hand was never intended to be playable in the final version of super smash melee, however though the use of a glitch (http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Hand_glitch) he can be played like most other characters however he has many unique qualities some even freeze the game (See next Section) this guide is intended to help with the (when compared with other characters) aforementioned unique qualities. Also Smash Wikia and the smash boards are my friends/where I got most of the info however just to make certain I double checked about 90% of it. It is my first FAQ but I hope it helps.

Section 3 Reduce freezing and Glitch info.
All right there are many many things that freeze the game. For organization purposes I will list the glitches as they appear as if you where to start from the top of the SSBM menu and work your down. Glitches/problems that are stage related are in Section 6.

§ In first player regular classic you are unable to play as master hand the game freezes as soon as I perform the glitch.

§ In first player adventure mode you can enter mushroom kingdom you spawn some were on the left side of mushroom kingdom inside a hill.

§ In first player all-star I can do the first round but when you get to the rest area the game freezes when you attack.

§ Event mode occasional freezes but it should work for the most part. (Though, sense master hand makes browser look like a speed demon, do not use him for time.)

§ Well…you can use him for the home run contest, but it is not all that useful seeing how he spawns on the right hand side (pun intended).

§ Works for all the Multi-man melee modes (however him being completely invulnerable Endless melee and cruel melee go on forever.)

§ Useable in training mode but if you press reset the training he will appear as if he spawned on the left had side and landed adjacently to were he would normally appear when he spawns from the right hand side.

§ Okay for some the vs. modes some of them he is as broken as Meta Knight and for others he is makes Pichu look like a little monster. If he wins the game always freezes.

1.Coin mode he is semi-invincible here because he never experiences knock back so you cannot KO him, however he CAN be defeated because hitting him does cause coins to come out. Also Master Hand has issues when it comes to collecting the coins.

2.Time mode is still broken.

3.Stock mode is still broken.

§Camera mode should work just fine other than some of the battlefield glitches.

§One of Master Hand’s worst modes if tournaments worked of this mode then he would be right below pichu on the tier list. If Master Hand dies in stamina mode then it is game even if there are more people still alive

§Giant and Tiny melee affect him accordingly but he is still Broken ether way.

§Invisible melee he does turn invisible but Master Hand is still broken.

§Super sudden death Master Hand is still broken.

§The Fixed camera mode for some reason no longer becomes a Fixed Camera.

§He seems unaffected by single button melee.

§Lighting melee and Slow motion melee do seem to affect the speed of his attacks. No glitch that I can see though.

In game non-stage related glitches

§I read some where you can play a Zelda against master hand and while the game froze more recently (at the loading stage area) I did not really encounter problems more so than normal, can some please help me out with this part.

§If you “no contest” in the middle of a vs. round the game reads you as shiek.

§For the Master Hand laser glitch go here http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Master_Hand_Laser_glitch

§More than one person can be Master Hand but only the 3rd Player can control the Master Hand(s)

§I have experienced more freezes with in the game in team mode (I mean the loading screen) however it should for the most part work out just fine.

§Though there is always a chance that the game will freeze the chance increases when a person other than player three picks the stage.

Section 4 Master Hands pro’s and con’s
Pro’s
+ He never suffers knock back
+ He always in the air
+ In a scrolling stage he moves with the stage
+Some of his attacks do LOTS of damage
+Good Hit boxes
+In certain modes he is about as broken as Meta-Knight in brawl.

Con's
-A huge target
-The Glitches
-Some stages he can't use
-Some stages mess up his attacks
-Horrible Horrible Lag
-He can not move at all (all movement comes from his attacks)
-He auto targets his enemies (so you do not get to decide it is normally first player though with hitboxs like Master Hand you might be able to catch them non the less)
-Very Very easy to read and punish
-No Wave Dashing
-No shielding
-No crouching
-No L-Cancel
-In some modes so weak Pichu could win the round half asleep.
-A huge target.

Section 5 Master Hands move set

Note on Controls: Master Hand does not use the joystick he uses the arrow pad.

B-Button moves

B = Nothing

Up B = Lasers (For Master Hand Laser Glitch See previous section)
Damage: 9% per hit
Description: Lasers come out of all five fingers and he moves his fingers around.
Notes: Only the ends and start of the lasers can hurt the enemy. They are effected by platforms so on a stage were master hand has a platform really close to him and he is above it, it loses the its usefulness

Down B = Nothing

Right B = Nothing

Left B = Bang! Bang! Bang!
Damage: 10% or 6% damage (see notes)
Description: Master Hand takes his ring finger and pinky finger curls them up in his palm, and his middle and index point strait out while his thumb sticks strait out after a time delay he will ether fire three or one (see notes) sets of fire figures.
Notes: He fires one fire figure (10%) if below the 150% mark if above it he will shot three fire figures (6% each)

R button moves

R = Nothing

Up R = Drill baby Drill!
Damage: 1-60% damage
Description: He moves up and then comes down on the enemy in a drill like fashion (It would be really cool if this were a spike.)
Notes: most of the time it does 1-48% however at an enemy with 0% it has gone up to 60% before.

Down R = Explosion Slap
Damage: 24% damage (if hit directly)
Description: Master Hand goes into the background, flies from the heavens slap the battlefield and a really nice hit box erupts.
Notes: none

Right R = Pushing buttons
Damage: 7-34% damage (see the notes)
Description: He hover over the enemy for a moment and then pokes the enemy three times
Notes: The third poke does the most damage, and the third poke normally (if they had there shield up) causes the shield to break.

Left R = FALCON wait! … I mean PUNCH!
Damage: 24% damage
Description: Mater Hand hovers over his target for a few moments and then he FAL…no I mean … PUNCH!

L Buttons moves

L = Nothing

Up L = Shoo! Shoo!
Damage: 25% damage
Description: He makes a Shoo-ing motion across the stage.

Down L = Air Walking
Damage: 10~30% damage
Description: Master Hand walks across the stage using his middle and index figure. (In some stages he will walk where he would normally walk where the Final Destination platform would be but because it is not there it looks like he is walking in the air)

Right L: nothing

Left L = Brush aside
Damage: 25%
Description: Master Hand moves across the stage in a single slap motion hitting anything in his way.

A button moves

A= nothing

Up A = Rocket
Damage = 10%
Description: Master Hand curls up his middle and index fingure while his pinky and Ring fingure extend, fire comes out then he moves into the back ground then Rockets into the forground hiting the target in the process.

Down A = nothing

Right A = nothing

Left A = Casstle Ram
Damage: 34%
Description: He forms a fist and then speeds across the stage

Master Hands grab = Up Z or Left Z
Damage 13% at first but increases by about 18~20% after words
Description: Master Hand Grabs the poor sap and start to crush him.
Notes: where you throw them changes based on weather Up Z is used or Left Z is used. (More often than not I recommend Up Z.)

Frame Data
Can not find it any where! if you have info on frame data please let me know, thank you in advance.

Section 6 Stages to avoid and other stage info
Coming Soon (this will take a while)

Section 7 you’re so crazy. (Combos with crazy hand)

Master Hand and Crazy Hand have combonation moves though I have an Action Replay version 1.2 (meaning I can not play Crazy Hand) I will just have to go to smash wikia and turst that it is accurate (It most likely is.) However if any body notices something wrong please let me know.

This Chart and move set come directly from Smash Wikia my only modification is the / to seperate the notes frome the inputs and the names.

"MH (Master Hand) and CH (Crazy Hand) must both press the input shown to trigger the combination attack.These only work in Melee.

MH input CH input Move Notes
Y< /Y>/ Applaud / A shockwave is released that puts the player to sleep, then the two hands clap together five times.
Y^ /Y^/Double Punch/ The two hands punch together.
Y^/ Yv/ Catch/ Crazy Hand punches across the stage and is caught by Master Hand. A shock wave that deals shadow damage is released at impact."

You can do some of this moves in event 50 with crazy hand once you kill master hand, the computer sees you as an enemy so you still take damage, but it is fun to do.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
i'm working on a master hand guide with someone else. you must have stage info on how every single moves acts on the stage. That and his only known advance tech attack buffering.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Quite a few grammar mistakes... but thank you for the info lol.

Also, about this:
Time mode is still broken. However I had something really wired happened and I can’t find a record of it so it may be a new Master Hand glitch, but I doubt it. So here it is I had Items off and it set to time (2 minutes) Player two and player three were master hand (to accomplish this have player three perform the name entry glitch while player two has no character selected.) let time run out once it enters sudden death after awhile bomb-ombs started raining from the sky, I did this experiment at pokemon stadium.
Bombs always fall from the sky when you're in sudden death. Just wait like 30 seconds or so, and they start appearing. This won't happen in Super Sudden Death mode. It only happens in regular sudden deaths.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Also, about this:

Bombs always fall from the sky when you're in sudden death. Just wait like 30 seconds or so, and they start appearing. This won't happen in Super Sudden Death mode. It only happens in regular sudden deaths.
I did not know that, in the regular sudent death, that happenes. The matches I have go so quickly. (The suddent death ones anyway my brother does a lot of camping >_< .)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
really I lay down how it should be and gave a lot of details at 1st I don't know I may play as master hand at a tournment or something and tell you how it when.

but yeah grims was pretty legit it could have used a little more details on moves but still amazing.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
You say that as if Jiggy is that broken. :confused:
You saw my post as if Jiggy was broken. I'm not one of the people who believes that she is broken (but I do think she should be moved up). My phrase was just referring to the fact that MH's best match-up is against Jigglypuff hands-down, so if we want to get him recognised the best option is to CP against his best match-up.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
maybe but I think it would mostly be spikes or a metal fox in training mode at 50% that you get a 2 hit combo on from a move that doesn't alreadly combo.

hey don't call it a combo video unless it has combos in it. but but yeah I want to see you d-throw someone off the edge :) start playing against those puffs man.

oh a bunch of LOLs would be cool for it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
maybe but I think it would mostly be spikes or a metal fox in training mode at 50% that you get a 2 hit combo on from a move that doesn't alreadly combo.

hey don't call it a combo video unless it has combos in it. but but yeah I want to see you d-throw someone off the edge :) start playing against those puffs man.

oh a bunch of LOLs would be cool for it.
Well yeah. I was thinking more of a "good gameplay" video than a combo video.
You could showcase pretty good prediction, spikes, etc...

One of my favourite things to do is spike with walk when they are behind me :p

Top Bottom