• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rock Paper Scissors :: Edmonton, AB :: June 12, 2010

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
Doubles Results
1: The Brohawks (SuPeRbOoM + Kildck) ($96.00)
2: We all support Diego (Arsenal + Fiji) ($48.00)
3: Eggz and Carrotz (Firefly + Frio) ($16.00)
4: Girls Generation (Victra + Lime)
5: The Scrotum Turds (Kuraudo + Zero)
5: 1 & 1/2 Asians (Dragonz + James)
7: Elbow to the Head (JAPAN + Yoshara)
7: Super Hensel Bros. (Chaos + Pyre)

Singles Pools
Pool 1
Alphicans
JAPAN
Zero
Chaos

Pool 2
Frio
Firefly
Lime
Yoshara

Pool 3
SuPeRbOoM
Kuraudo
Fiji
Pyre

Pool 4
Killock
Arsenal
Red Comet
Sally

Singles Bracket
1: SuPeRbOoM (Marth/Snake/MK)($96.00)
2: Alphicans (Falco/GnW/MK) ($48.00)
3: Frio (Olimar)($16.00)
4: Killock (Marth/Snake/MK)
5: Arsenal (MK/Zelda)
5: Fiji (MK/Snake)
7: Firefly (Yoshi)
7: Lime (Snake)
9: Kuraudo(Sonic)
9: JAPAN (Luigi)
9: Yoshara (Wolf)
9: Zero (Ike)
13: Chaos (Marth/Diddy)
13: Pyre (Wario)
13: Red Comet (Lucario)
13: Sally (ROB)

Mid Tier
1: JAPAN
2: Firefly
3: Yoshara
4: Victra
5: Lime
5: Chaos
7: Red Comet
7: Pyre

If I missed anybody's characters and listed a character you didn't play please let me know and I'll switch fix it ASAP. GG's all!

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
4: Girls Generation (Victra + Lime)

anyways shoutouts
Alphicans - you got ***** by dan.
JAPAN - that luigi is so japanese
Zero - best ike
Chaos - i never noticed how effing buff you are. like srs ur ripped
Frio - way to **** on brinstar. ending was amazing.
Firefly - good games jake. your as a cute as ever. that yoshi is so strong
Lime - girls generation
Yoshara - i now know your name is stephen
SuPeRbOoM - gay
Kuraudo - that sonic is like so technical
Fiji - tight battle in doubles!
Pyre - god dammit keith
Killock - mk
Arsenal - i can't tell you both apart yet so just check out fiji's shoutout
Red Comet - match with brandon was so hype
Sally - fun friendlies
Dim - aaaaaah Ness dittos were so fun. So was our link and ness games =p more plz
Victra - ****
David - get *****. play more loser
James - sup dawg

Limeee

Smash Champion
VICTRAAAAAA - <3. COME TO SEANS MORE PL0X
fiji- way to **** me in snake dittos >.< and **** me twice in doubles >.< gonna start using c4 now
arsenal - how come our matches are always so tight? i wanna play more against you <3
luke - i thought you were gonna finally dethrone dan. *** dude nice try gg
stephen - if you ever come close to beating me, i'll just learn to play D3 again lol
dan - **** off stop winning everything gg
jack - i want a rematch D: sick combo on frigate, and thanks for being cool about the name reset
firefly - i love you <3
BRANDON - good to see you back man!? good luck with lief bruh
JAPAN - luigi too good D: don't play fox pl0x
Adam - good set in doubles lol, always fun to play against you. also, RAAAAAPE IKE! <3
James - sorry about your getting rapedness, at least you had a good set against brandon lol
mike - your ripped like srs come to mcdicks more
keith - thanks for the ride bruh
Sally - do more u-turns LOL

T-block

B2B TST
SHOUTOUTS

1: SuPeRbOoM - didn't get to play you
2: Alphicans - didn't get to play you
3: Frio - didn't get to play you
4: Killock - didn't get to play you
5: Arsenal - didn't get to play you
5: Fiji - didn't get to play you
7: Firefly - lol you must suck
7: Lime - didn't get to play you
9: Kuraudo - didn't get to play you
9: JAPAN - didn't get to play you
9: Yoshara - didn't get to play you
9: Zero - didn't get to play you
13: Chaos - didn't get to play you
13: Pyre - didn't get to play you
13: Red Comet - didn't get to play you
13: Sally - didn't get to play you

good **** mark and luke

how was the stage list

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
To be honest? I don't mind the stage list and the huge list of "neutrals" too. Lots of different opportunities. Even if Meta Knight is pretty tough all the way through.

SHOUTOUTS

SuPeRbOoM • Good games. Thanks for the encouragement during my matches, and I had a lot of fun. ... xD More free for alls with items on.
Alphicans • Sooner or later I'm gonna pressure you into using Meta Knight once I beat your G&W too. Kick *** job though. Glad that Grad Prep went dece for ya, and hope your GF had fun watching everything. One of us will get Dan some day.
Frio • Dude. We need to play. XD; We had fun doubles friendlies though.
KillL0ck • homo fgt i'm gonna punch or kick you again next time I see you. Good to see you again. When my car doesn't suck, we'll go to Fort or something.
Arsenal • FJKSAHDS You have NO idea how badly I didn't want to lose to you. But you know what? I'm glad. I'm glad that our matches were that insanely close. Safe to say that our skill gap is close to even right now? With those kinds of matches they'd have to be. I'm glad that I lost the way I did to you. We'll play again and I'll pull out the win. The desperation/pressure move you used on Brinstar to seperate the stage was genius. I actually think it was a good idea that you left it to the last minute, because that was a great way to get me stressed when we were both at high percent on the final stock. You're Meta Knight and you dominate on Brinstar. I can fight back all I want but you took away half of my running game. Way to go, man.
Fiji • I FINALLY BEAT YOUR SNAKE. Oh thank god, it's still practically even, but...SHEESH. xD They were fun pools, and it was good to see you again. Your Snake is totally boss. I have lots of fun playing you.
Firefly • Tough break on Arsenal man. We were SO close to our hyped up money match within the bracket. Sorry for screwing up the bracket by beating Fiji. :p
Lime • When Continuum Shift comes out, we're gonna play lots. Oh, and more Sonic vs. Snake times. I still want retribution from the close set we had those months ago.
Kuraudo • ggz for not playing in months. no johns, I did my best, no regrets.
JAPAN • Dude, you're a freaking riot. It's so funny having you around. XD I wanted to play your Luigi, but we'll have to settle for another monthly or just hanging out. Good times man.
Yoshara • Still reppin' Wolf? Good. And thank you so much again for the help with the hax I still have on my Wii. Nice hair.
Zero • I had a great time. And I especially am grateful to you for letting me stay at your place before the tourney. My car sucks man, you really pulled through for me in a jam, and I'd gladly help you if something were to happen. We'll do better, I'm sure. You really gotta watch your anger though. I feel bad for you when it happens, but... Well. Nuff said. We had a good time and that's all that matters.
Chaos • MIIIIIIKE. THE WHITE MIIIIKE. lol We'll play next time for sure man. I missed a lot of people, wtf. D:
Pyre • Keith! I still stand by what I say when your match with Fiji was pretty intense! You had him at a decent percent on the last stock with Wario. You're moving up and improving bit by bit! And I'm sure it'll only get better from there. Thanks for the games and the sausage and the cheese blocks.
Red Comet • Dude, OUR set? Was flat-out epic too. Best part was the rocket combo on Pitcochat. God that was close. If it weren't for that air dodge into my FSmash, I would have been toast for sure. I had tons of fun, man. We'll play some more again, your Lucario is kickass and a joy to play. Glad to have you.
Sally • I haven't played against a ROB in so long, man. I had fun last time I played you. Gonna have to step it up and play with EVERYONE next time. Hope you had fun!

--

To those who didn't compete,

Victor • Good to see you, as usual. Shame you didn't enter singles. We need to play more, and it's cool to see Mr. Game & Watch busted out!
Mike Wong • Boooo.
Diminisht • Always good to see you, Ash. I dunno why, but the place seems to get cooler when you show up. Maybe you're that ******, who knows. XD

Dunno if I'll be back for next monthly, but if I do, fun times? yay

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
haha yes this demonstrated a good point against Yoshi's (Pipes), ima talk with Mike W a bit about removing it from the list.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
K well the fact that green greens is banned and pipes is legal is ********. I would've happily gone to green greens instead of pipes, but since it was banned I went to pipes. I am not convinced that my camping was unstoppable either. Dan could have thought of something better than counter camping >____>.

Frio

Smash Champion
It wasn't Lukes job to approach him though. Time was running out and he had the % lead.

T-block

B2B TST
i sure as hell hope you saved the replay.

because it's going to be hard to make your case without it. describe the camping?

circle camping has NEVER been brought up in a YI:M legality discussion... i hope you're not serious about banning it because of that -_-

Alphicans

Smash Hero
It wasn't circle camping considering Dan wasn't moving very much. Every time he tried to attack me, he came really close. If he tried more, I would have been forced to attack more.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
it was on a wii that didnt have infinite replay but i think keith was recording with his camera

luke kinda just jumped around. I don't know much about brawl or anything, but it seemed like dan had some problems getting around it. I dunno though. Luke is pretty pro.

jump limit rule? olloloololo

bundtcake

Smash Ace
jake i am pretty sure you are officially disowned now

new BC brawl PR:

1) clouderz
2) bundtcake
3) breez
4) DEFENDER
5-10) some other people

no need to come back to your currently non-existant apartment in BC, we're gonna be looking for a replacement yoshi

ooh, maybe that guy from the island?

brningpyre

Smash Lord
You guys are awesome.

Arsenal: You guys did great in doubles, and way to come back all the way through Loser's bracket. You played awesome.

Fiji: Again, awesome in doubles, and you did well in singles too, though I'm willing to bet you wanted more. I had a lot of fun playing you in pools.

Chaos: You suck.

Lime: You suck.

Cloud: Awesome~! Sonic da bess, mang.

Superboom: LOL. I was still cheering for you, mang~

Kildck: Also LOL, though I didn't get to play you as much as I usually do, unfortunately.

Victra: Dammit, Victor!

Jake: Your commentary was too quiet, dammit! You can't even hear it!

Frio: Your's, on the other hand, was awesome. Thanks for the commentary, and a fun match in pools.

Luke: Way to pull a Carl, LOL~ Jk, your matches were fun to watch.

Yoshara: This is probably the first tournament where I've never played you in bracket. *sad-face* Your DI and techs were amazing in the matches I watched, though!

---

About Pipes... Luke had a percentage lead, and camped it out on the left side, circling around the blocks, and retreating to the pipes at times. Dan didn't really have any options for approaching him, so he sat back with grenades.

He was probably hoping to catch Luke in some traps, by stripping the grenades in certain ways, but Luke managed to dodge it. At the end, Dan was getting desperate, and managed to push Luke back to the ledge by the pipes, but he had absolutely no options to get Luke when he was planking at the left edge.

I think Dan could've approached Luke, but it would've cost him some serious percentage, and/or a stock. MK has a seriously advantageous position on the left there, and it's hard, maybe impossible, to approach.

Green Greens should definitely be legal. Camping is a bit of an issue on it, but if you manage the blocks properly, it shouldn't be a problem. Being careful and timing your movement between the falling blocks is just part of playing on this stage, like how the laser and claw can mess you over on Halberd (a Neutral).

Not to mention, we should definitely legalize it if we still want to go to MLG in Raleigh and/or Dallas. It will be on the list there, and used quite often.

---

Videos are uploading as we speak. Stay tuned to:
http://www.youtube.com/brningpyre

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
i like how the term for bring your girlfriend to a tourney is now called "pulling a carl" ahahahah. I love it.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
You guys have to stop sandbagging and letting superboom win LMAO :p

Alphicans, congrats on the Back room, I'm jealous

Ugh, Frio is making it hard for me to get the title I want =/

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
superboom ***** at every game with the name "super smash brothers" in it.

luke is gay.

marks olimar is pretty clutch. One second he's down a stock at high percent, the next second I see olimars victory screen. <3

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
lmao you don't even try in melee either :< like, you bailed on singles then too =.= and im not hahaha. Though i did carry my team.

thats good ^^ he should come play more

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Shout outs if I feel like, but I love you all (though take away 70% of that love =D). I STILL think this game is a joke, but Ill come out more, as well to these smash fests Sean (or is it Shawn) hosts, maybe Ill make my own some day

TheCresent

Smash Apprentice
lol Dan I'll get you next time, that second match was way clutch on your part(and some bad DI on the first two kills on my part). I almost had you in that set i could practically taste the victory lol.

also luke, you're lucky we didn't meet in bracket lol you got off this time.

and mark, next time I won't use my ****ty mk on your olimar, you know that matchup too well and i play like a ****** lol! seriously my snake would of done better than my mk so watch out.

also ban pipes, stage is mad stupid for circle camping against snake. especially when snake is down in percentage, he has to double jump to try and punish you with an air move and that just puts him in a super bad position and sets him up for an easy counterattack which makes it stupid to make a come back

also stop listening to mike logic plz. he's all theorycraft

TheCresent

Smash Apprentice
jack... snake gets air camped and you blame PIPES?
snake gets air camped for 4:00 minutes

i blame pipes.

would never happen on a neutral because you'd have to touch the (flat)ground eventually and on a neutral snake can cook grenades and pressure the air camper till he gets him in a good position. with the two top platforms and side hills it makes it really easy to maneuver around without being hit, its like ultra aid to air camping

if G&W gets hit by snake on that stage from an air attack he's doing it wrong.

also pipes is gay. u mad mike?

Limeee

Smash Champion
yoshis pipes is everything, its all you ever wanted
you could win a match now, even if you've never won it
camping snake always wins, hits they ain't never gonna
you want it forever any snake is bad on it

aerial is neutral, press it while I'm jumpin' up
then hit nothing like i don't give a ****
i know you wait for it, but your out of luck
i can time you out every single time

Top Bottom