• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krying Chopper. (New AT COMBO!!...maybe.)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
If it's old, it's whatevas.

I dont have a video, but the instructions are quite simple.

Throw a bike up in the air, have it set up to where you can grab the opponent in front of you, and d-throw. The bike will come down, bouncing on their head after they get tossed into it from d-throw (behind wario).

It's like this.

- - - - - |
- - - - --V
- - - - - B

O - W - _

O is the opponent, W is Wario, and the bike is obviously B. the little | line and V are the arrow, showing that the bike is bouncing from above, going down to the underscore _, it's landing.

Anyways, so Wario grabs like I said, d-throws, and the opponent gets hit by the bouncing bike. What happens next?

the opponent falls back into Wario's grab range, right in front of him...

So you're grinning now, right? Get the picture?

Regrab.
d-throw
BIKE SMACK
Regrab.
d-throw
BIKE SMACK
Regrab.
d-throw
BIKE SMACK
Bike is destroyed(?)
FART/FSMASH/UPSMASH/REGRAB+pummel+THROW.

Anything like that will result from somewhere along 60-80 damage. It's ****ing rediculous, I suggest you try it. If you d-throw perfectly, it will work. The d-throw ends prematurelly because they're being hit during the d-throw, so you have to time it right and keep doing it, it's like you're being interrupted by the bike.

I did this against Judge today at Showdown. It was quite the greedy combo. I finished it with Fsmash. Not sure if I killed him, I don't think I did, he was at 90... But it gave the game. I lost 1-2, but I was the only one in that little consolation prize pool that took him to game 3! (griiiiiin widely!)

But enough of that. I was just glad that I made progress, Judge whooped my *** back in Chicago. It was time I got a little pay back :) GGs Judge, I'll get you next time when I quit getting n-air'd and tornado poked.

(And I did get revenge btw: 3-0'd him at Rene's last tournament lol)

QueWhatHuh

Smash Cadet
good stuff kryz. the bike is a wonderful tool in racking up dmg. bike + tires for god tier.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's situational, but still nice. Sometimes people charge at you when you're holding the bike, and then shield when you start throwing it. I used to do a variation of this where I'd bite after the first dthrow b/c I thought it was lulzy that the bike hits while Wario is chewing on them :)

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
I've done something quite similar to this before on a DDD. I grabbed after the bike throw, and when it hit him, Wario let go of DDD, and I could grab him again-->bike hit-->regrab. I guess it's in the same essence, except you can d-throw and do it. AWESOME!

The DDD player now runs for dear life away from the bike whenever I throw it up, LOL.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
perfect for all those times people will run up to you and let you grab them after you throw the bike... oh wait :urg:
It is situational, but not to that extent, and it's certainly a lot easier and actually safer than some stuff you can do with the bike bouncing around.

In my opinion, the best times to set up for this (like for me) is between platforms like on BF, or right when it LOOKS like the platform on smashville is ready for the bike to land on it, but it won't. It tricks the opponent into thinking "Oh I'm safe I won't get hit, let's go for a dash attack/grab!" only to get grabbed and have a rude awakening right on top of their face.

I actually did that with the platforms on BF, you throw it just between the upper and lower one, and they think it's gunna land on one, so they approach your supposedly laggy throw animation...

Also, another good way for this to occur (albeit you won't get as many bike smacks because of how much HP the bike has left) is to throw the bike down off of a moving platform. Once it's moving, immediately chase your opponent with the bike, grab them just right in front of where the bike is about to land, the bike will hit their body in your hands, the bike will stop foward momentum and begin to bounce, and then just start the chain there.

It may be situational, but it can be set up. I encourage people to find the best areas of certain stages to do this on. (brinstar anyone?)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Wasn't this known already?

Frankly, it's another example of something that really shouldn't work on decent opponents since approaching a Wario with a TEMPORARY, powerful cover is just unwise to say the least.

I recall having seen Glutonny do it though, it's pretty fun, rewarding and satisfying.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I did it perfectly on Judge, planned it carefully enough and found that I could do it multiple times for sure, since I almost did it against someone else earlier. It's not that easy, but it's definitely not impossible to do on good players by any means.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
In my experience it only works once because they can smash DI out of of grab range after that.

Padô

Smash Lord
In my experience it only works once because they can smash DI out of of grab range after that.

You can just walk to where they are SDI'ing and regrab, it's not that hard, after you regrab him just keep pummeling and the bike will smack him 2 or 3 more times.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
@ pado actually no. You have only enuf time to buffer a grab. if they DI away they can roll away before you reach them.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I dont know if you can DI the bike correctly that fast if it's bouncing right on top of you. After 4 hits from it and 4 grabs from it, I'd think the opponent would have tried to DI by then. I've done it twice now, once against Judge.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
you MIGHT get another grab off if you are lucky. Definetely not 4 lool. if you are hitting an MK with it the MK is doing something wrong

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'd like to test this, and be sure. I'll do some level 3-level9 computer tests for now, maybe a wifi trial, and finally someone in real life to be sure.

I'm pretty **** convinced it's hard to change the knockback of the bike at ALL at ground level, especially when being interrupted from a throw like wario's d-throw. It's too close of proximity, and it's like the metaknight was just teleporting back into my hand. It was too frame specific in my opinion for it to be DIable easily as you say.

Not that I'm saying you're lying I just need to do some more extensive testing. Probly tonight.

level 3-9 computer test plus player 2 test = success.

On Dedede and Metaknight I've been able to accumulate a 118 percent combo with the full waft and this bike mechanic. It's not random, the DI from what I can tell. But we'll see when I truly put it to the test next tournament in friendlies. You have to throw the bike a certain way on certain characters. For DDD, the best way to throw the bike up is to have it thrown when the bike is facing its back tire against the screen and you are facing away from the opponent, or vice versa altogether (face the opponent, front tire facing screen you facing the opponent)

It differs among characters. This is just one example

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I'm starting to get fed up with almostlegendary. dude because someone might make a bad decision is no reason to do something. you could charge an fsmash in place and tell me that people run into it sometimes.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
From my experience so far the bike's hit spot determines your distance you fly away from being hit. Not DI. Like, if it hits you on the tip of the front tire during the d-throw, it just smacks the opponent back into your hands immediately. If it hits them before the d-throw begins properly, it smacks them too far away.

Also, as far as setups are concerned, you are not fishing for stupid mistakes here. You're limiting the opponent's options and by doing so pressuring them to move into one option or the other.

If you punish one option enough, eventually they move into another, and so on...

This isn't up for debate and why people run into ****. This is about strategy and pressure, which is what the bike is about. Just because you think you can avoid the bike all day doesn't mean you will everytime, same with every good/bad player. But I don't think a lot of people run into my bike outta the blue unless they've never played a wario.

That's why I practice it, to find more setups that will be helpful counters and pressure game as well as potential kill moves.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
im telling you the knockback MIGHT be set from a grab position.

But currently I've seen that you can DI it up... which is still makes you in grab position again... Ill keep trying. It might be DI-able away too, but if it is, I dont know why someone would get hit by it four times. X_X

Ohh, I get it now, you can DI it but you have to DI diagonally upward and away from the bike after you been hit. It's strict timing though still. You can probably get 2 hits garunteed... after that it's possible to DI.

I still wish it worked perfectly though. It might catch most opponents off guard if you get them caught in a grab like this, because you mix up the hits anyway by playing with the timing (I.E., they might get smacked toward you instead of away from you, thus their DI putting them in the same position as the bike anyways)

Sorry Fiction, but you know, there are no combos in brawl anyways XD

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Lol i know but the last thing you need is someone Diing way and then killing you last stock

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I looked at 28-30 and thats already a red flag, hunger. That's nothing to do with what I'm talkin about. It's a lot longer of a combo.

I'll show a video later. I can get a DIing Dedede with it 3 times, without correct DI I can get the full 5 times plus a a grab. If they happen to DI wrong I can use a finisher.

I wouldn't expect you to understand since you're such a doubles champ >.>

hunger!

Smash Champion
bike bouncing on top of em while i dthrow him into it twice. thought that's what you're talking about. or are you talking about throwing a bike up, grabbing them, bike hits them out of your grab, re grab? i dunno, maybe a vid will be nice =P

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
There could be a dedicated thread for this kinda stuff with informative pictures and video, that'd be tight.

Course like you guys have said most of this is situational in nature, but it's very rewarding and good to know in case you want to practice it and use it on a unaware victim :) Plus, you can mix it up, which Hunger seems to do a lot in his game.

If you have any ideas or want to spearhead that kind of topic discussion so that the main post can be filled with information like this day by day, that would be great. I'd like to do something like that.

Until then I'm gunna work on my combo video.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Even if it's situational it's good to know about these things since the more options we have the more mix's up are created and the more endless the possibilities. Although I thought the metagame development thread was supposed to be like that but that thread gets trolled and derailed so much.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Anything you've ever done, or ever thought of doing with wario, phantomx has already done it in a friendly

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not EVERYTHING. But a lot of it? Most likely.

Similarly, anything anyone discovers was one of Fiction's many secrets that he didn't disclose... or there are more aspect to the move/technique that he knows but doesn't share.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
I've shared anything that I felt was even semi-useful with people lol. Don't act like I'm just keep secrets or something. There are just so many little things you can do that have such obscure uses that you would never use them for a game.

Do you remember way back when I found out about self-tumbling or whatever we called it when you can make wario tech and create invincibility frames? Seriously is that even worth a post? lol

edit: it sounds way more useful than it is lol (plus i'm sure you guys have all seen it)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You guys are party poopers and should all feel bad.

just kidding I want to put this into an application testing phase before I rule it out. It's actually become really useful to me in matches if that makes any difference, but that's just me. I'm still waiting on my videos to be recorded by my friend.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It's very close to what I'm talking about, because the bike hit Kirby right on it's front small wheel. That second hit from the bike actually didnt interrupt your throw for some reason. D-throw would have been interrupted.

From this though, if you can interrupt B-throw perfectly, you could actually mix it up, and do bthrow->bikesmack->dthrow->bikesmack->bthrow-bikesmack+the actual bthrow butt smack for a good amount of damage.

Thanks for showing that Fiction.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
It can work situationally but the chances that you'll get to use it are incredibly low haha

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Ninja Link calls this the "Excite-a-Bike" combo. Awesomeness

Top Bottom