• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

World Cup of Brawl. Round 2 is up! Due... sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Q77

Smash Apprentice
It's Time for the World Cup of Brawl!

To celebrate the FIFA World Cup, I have decided to host my first tournament as a World Cup for Brawl. It will take a lot to win this tournament so be prepared to give it your all. Also, hope your game doesn't finish like this...

I will do my best to clearly lay out the format of how this tournament will work if you are unfamiliar with the World Cup.

Format

Preliminary

For every 4 people that sign up for the tournament, a group (labeled A-?) will be added to the preliminary stage of the tournament. There will be as many groups as people who sign up. So if 32 people sign up, we will have 8 groups.

In the group stage, each entry will play a best of 3 set against all other entries in their group. If the game is to laggy to play, and both players agree not to play it, the set will end in a draw. If neither player makes an attempt to play their match, they will both be given a loss.

Tournament Stage

To advance to the tournament stage, you must place in the top 2 in your group. If there is a tie, the higher place will go to the person who won their set in the group stage. If it was a draw, then there will be a best of 3 set to determine a winner. This will be done in the event that there was a tie between either 1st and 2nd, or 2nd and 3rd.

The top 2 advance to a single elimination tournament bracket. In the case that we started with 5 groups, meaning 10 players would advance, the 2 highest scoring players will be given byes.

Ruleset

- 3 stock, 8 minute timer, Items set to off and none
- All matches will be best of 3's excluding the Grand Finals Match
- No character will be banned
- You may use as many characters as you want, and I will just add them as you go
- The use of Meta Knight's IDC glitch is banned and will result in an automatic loss of that game, not the entire set
- The ledge grab limit is 35 on all stages except Norfair, which will be 45. The ledge grab limit only applies if the game is timed out. PLEASE take a photo of it so that I don't hear any dispute.
- Infinite Chain Grabs and wall infinites are allowed up to 300%, in which they must end immediately after to prevent stalling
- If the game ends in a dededecide, kirbycide, bowser klaw, ganoncide or any other suicide move that kills both players at the same time and results in sudden death, the sudden death is not played, but rather the person who used the suicide move is given the win.
- Johns are ok, but you still lost :p

Hosting Disputes

We all know that there are people who will refuse to host. If neither player is willing to host, then the lower (as in 1 being the lowest) seeded player must host. If it occurs in the group stage then the "home" player must host. You'll see what I mean when the groups are up.

Stage Rules and Selection

The first game of a match must be played on a neutral stage. This can be done one of two ways. The first way is to do alternating strikes, with the higher seeded player or "away" team will strike a stage first, then the other player, and this goes until there is 1 stage remaining. The other way is if both players just agree to a stage without striking, this happens with Smashville all the time.

After the first match, the winner gets to ban 1 stage and then loser picks from the list of either neutral or counter pick stages. If the set goes into game 3, the same thing occurs. You may not counter pick a stage you already won at.

Neutrals
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 1
Yoshi's Island Brawl

Counter Picks
Delfino Plaza
Norfair
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Port Town Aero Dive - Your Welcome Jimmy
Castle Siege
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar

There will be 2 weeks for sign ups. I can only do this tourney in increments of 4. If I have to, I may make a few groups of 3 to compensate, but I don't want to. I will assign the groups randomly.

GOOD LUCK

Q77

Smash Apprentice
Because I fail at using bracketmaster.... I shall write out the bracket here.

SonicStorm vs thegreatkazoo (CF-kazoo)
Darktoon vs SpiritX (CF- Darktoon)
Zensei vs _proxy_ (CF- proxy)
Sh33n vs RayRobo (Sh33n wins)

Boo13 vs dvon21 (CF-dvon21)
Sunnsunny vs kewl (kewl wins)
Aibou vs Bnzaaa (Bnzaaa wins)
Q77vs Rangerike (Rangerike wins)

Round 2

kazoo vs Darktoon
_proxy_ vs Sh33n
kewl vs dvon21
Bnzaaa vs Rangerike (Rangerike wins)

Sorry i didnt give notifications. I'm moving in about a week to jersey city and im overwhelmed. I dont know how long it'll be before i have internet again after i get there so try to run the tournament, and i'll update when i can.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Port Town Aero Drive - Your Welcome Jimmy
Green Greens & Yoshi's Island (Pipes) - why thank you Q!

I'd sign up if I had noticed a format to sign up with.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Yet you have both RC and Brinstar there (d)

Sure sign me up. I'll just have to play like a psychic here.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
i want to sign up for this tournament because you have the EPIC fail of England pic. Once I heard that I could not stop laughing. (even though im from England ;o)

Sadly I can't sign up this time. I am going to be away by the time this starts.

Q77

Smash Apprentice
As of right now we have 4 even groups, but we're not stopping at 16. Join it up people. Sign ups end the instant Saturday arrives. Then the groups will be posted along with the deadlines

bump

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I'll take a crack at this one.

Tomato/DAN/4124-4686-835

First online tourney in a year or so. Hope to rep Ness & Yoshi well. :D

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
Sorry for the long wait Q but I'm here and want to sign up. =P This looks fun! Tag is ~Ray~

Q77

Smash Apprentice
It'd be awesome if I could get one more person to join so that we would have 7 even groups of 4. Otherwise there will be one group of 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom