• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iRJi's Tournament Ruleset (Complete)

iRJi

Smash Champion
So when everyone in the community says the stage is dumb bull****, you talk about stage control, but when somebody close to Pierce says it's dumb bull****, you automatically concede? Cyanide brought in a ****load of "testing" evidence yesterday, complete with charts and ****, but merely WORDS from RJ are enough to sway you instantly?

Lol. To be honest about all of that, I don't condone any swaying of the sort on my behalf. Doom is right inferno. the only thing I did was just retest everything to see how accurate it was. It was not like the information was not brought up before, nor denied of proper testing prior. I just take responsibility for almost everything I say, and I go through everything possible to back it up. which is the reason why I stated I will test everything again to see if anything was perhaps missed or looked over. Don't let my own words just sway your beliefs about anything.

Moving on now.

The stage transformations are what make PS1 a counterpick. -_- Some characters can set up unbreakable walls on the transformations, use the windmill for massive combos, utilize wall infinites, screw opponents over with the weird ledge shape, semi-shark, etc. The stage is PLENTY "CP-like".

PS2 is flat out ********. The spacies CANNOT recover to the left side of the electric transformation. You thought PS1 had "campy" transformations? Try fighting Wario or GW on the flying transformation. The ice one is just...flat out ********. lol at the idea of MK SLIDING THE **** AROUND doing ultra safe moves. There's so much more nonsense that goes on on that stage that I don't feel like listing because you'd have to be some kind of ******** not to see it. Before you open your mouth about testing garbage, that stage was legal WAY back before you existed. It and Pictochat (along with Norfair, Japes, etc.) are banned for a reason.
Oh how I like this one. I am thanking you for not using the word "D3" in any of this because using D3 as an excuse is normally not valid. However, the difference between PS1 and PS2 is that PS1 you get to choose weather you want to do something on the transformations, and PS2 you can't. PS1 works as a neutral because you always have a choice on weather you want to be put into that situation on terms of "Wall infinite's" or trying to approach a increased wall that is deemed "unapproachable". The windmill is not a valid excuse to dismiss PS1 because every character in the game can do the same thing to one another almost evenly. Only a few characters suffer from the windmill due to their size, and since the windmill is on the end of the stage, they still have almost 3/4th of the stage to not go near the windmill. As for the ledge part, you will only get messed up by it if you actually do not aim for the ledge on recovery. Everyone is use to the auto-snap the game provides, and for PS1 is limits the use of it. Honestly that is not really an issue. As for the semi sharking, You can do that on even the basic 5 neutrals. Lylat is the perfect example.

PS2 on the other hand should not be legal. It creates situations that you have no real control over on avoiding "IE the wind transformation" which is why I didn't even bother bringing it up as a stage.

Edit 1: Also, just in case you didn't know this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266006

It's about the windmill. Normally people look that over, or don't know that little tidbit.

Edit2: Also, please try not to use picture spam in this thread.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
RJ, all of those aspects are what make PS1 a counterpick over a neutral on most stagelists. On a liberal, 7-neutral list, it's fine. It's not broken at all, and you basically were pretty much backing up what I said. It's not as neutral as something like Battlefield, but it's still alright.

I wasn't criticizing you on the swaying at all. You did your part and that's fine.

iRJi

Smash Champion
RJ, all of those aspects are what make PS1 a counterpick over a neutral on most stagelists. On a liberal, 7-neutral list, it's fine. It's not broken at all, and you basically were pretty much backing up what I said. It's not as neutral as something like Battlefield, but it's still alright.

I wasn't criticizing you on the swaying at all. You did your part and that's fine.
Kk, that's cool =].

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Just because I'm not good doesn't mean I'm stupid. Stage control is simply using the stage to your liking/advantage. When I attempted picking up Wario, I had a simple strategy on BF. I'd get a lead then camp the platforms. I used the stage's 3 separate platforms in combination with Wario's amazing aerial mobility to keep a lead through a simple use of stage control. I could use that same strategy on parts of pictochat (many lines, ferris wheel, tree(s), etc).
thats not a viable tactic vs good characters anyway. you have no way of apply damage or pressure and wario is limited to 2 jumps. even with his ridiculous horizontal mobility i can read your landing and punish accordingly. or vs character w/ projectile throw stuff

So when everyone in the community says the stage is dumb bull****, you talk about stage control, but when somebody close to Pierce says it's dumb bull****, you automatically concede? Cyanide brought in a ****load of "testing" evidence yesterday, complete with charts and ****, but merely WORDS from RJ are enough to sway you instantly?.
this
Fair enough. I can accept this through his testing.

With Pictochat now out of the way, how about talking about PS2? It's like PS1 but the stage changes make it more CP-like than PS1
wow really lol

iRJi

Smash Champion
Updated OP with Brinstar and RC as a either/or selection. I will get into detail as to why I am doing this a bit later.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Updated with a few minor touches, and Op redone for legibility.

Overall, I think the ruleset I outlined in the OP is almost done. Anyone have thoughts, suggestions, or comments?

iRJi

Smash Champion
Will you be watching for scrooging for every character? or just mk?
It is a universal rule, so for everyone. If you in a match and you see someone break the rule, call a TO to come over to watch the match.

iRJi

Smash Champion
So if a TO isn't watching they can get away with it at least once lol.
Can't make every rule perfect man xD. If there is another way to go around it, I will find out. Until then, replays is the only solution for the first time. I did have the rule at first set to just a warning, but obviously that leads to a loop hole far greater then what we have now.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Updated OP with tournament ready ruleset. The reason for this bump and update is because I might be hosting a tournament soon, so I am getting all the rules down.

Top Bottom