• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink! 4 Results - 6/19

Kirk

Smash Champion
Don't Blink! 4 Results Thread
Tournament Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=272528

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brawl Doubles - 17 Entrants

1: BigGuy and FatBoy ($90.00)
2: Lain+LCancel (Lain, LCancel) ($45.00)
3: My ***** Enrique ($15.00)
4: We Stink
5: We Kill at Zero
5: MagicJosh is DLA's Slave
7: Robsmiles
7: Team Gimmick
9: Alfred and the Fettuc
9: Black Shark
9: Max+JP
9: Spongejordan is awesome
13: Space Knight
13: Deerfield
13: I don't care
13: Jike
17: Team FRIENDSHIP

Brawl Doubles Bracket

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brawl Singles - 39 Entrants

1: Lain ($228.00)
2: L Cancel ($114.00)
3: Grimace ($38.00)
4: Kain
5: Ook
5: Quik
7: Green Beast
7: YoshQ
9: Akashi
9: Shugo is an illiterate black ****!!!!!!!!!!!
9: JJ Rockets
9: Arty
13: BOX 7
13: DLA
13: Kappy
13: Metroid
17: Marshall
17: Shade
17: Xyless
17: Alfredo
17: Meneil
17: Scythe
17: Buuda
17: Geno
25: Koose
25: Les Golrock
25: Indifference
25: Ethan
25: Chompy
25: MagicJosh
25: Raid!
25: Tetsion
33: Amane
33: Spongejordan
33: Logan
33: Six
33: Juggz
33: Jordan
33: Bill

Brawl Singles Bracket

Melee Singles - 10 Entrants

1: ORLY ($30.00)
2: Scythe ($15.00)
3: Sephiroth Ken Hoang ($5.00)
4: Metroid
5: Ramon
5: Robin
7: Half Demon
7: Me14K
9: Xyless
9: Quaz

Melee Singles Bracket

Brawl+ Singles - 22 Entrants

1: Arty ($66.00)
2: Kirk ($33.00)
3: Metroid ($11.00)
4: Quik
5: Bzoo
5: Kappy
7: YoshQ
7: Blind
9: Scythe
9: DLA
9: Lain
9: Rell
13: Sothe
13: Spongejordan
13: Ook
13: Foo
17: Quaz
17: Amane
17: Ian
17: Buddha
17: Xyless
17: Kidd

Brawl+ Singles Bracket

Brawl- Singles - 19 Entrants

1: Shugo is an illiterate black ****!!!!!!!!!!! ($57.00)
2: Marshall ($28.50)
3: Raid! ($9.50)
4: YoshQ
5: Scythe
5: Metroid
7: Bzoo
7: Arty
9: Kirk
9: Grimace
9: Ook
9: Quik
13: Spongejordan
13: Kappy
13: Amane
13: Xyless
17: Koose
17: Quaz
17: Akashi

Brawl- Singles Bracket

Good **** once again everyone! Was a lot of fun. For now, just one thing to say:

You're all jealous of my short shorts.

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
1: Lain - Didn't get to play :(
2: L Cancel - Didn't get to play :(
3: Grimace - Fun friendly, we need to play more next time, nice job getting 3rd!
4: Kain - Didn't get to play :(
5: Ook - Didn't get to play :(
5: Quik - Didn't get to play :(
7: Green Beast- Didn't get to play :(
7: YoshQ - Fun matches in bracket, Weegee is too good! Next time I wont drop all my grabs...
9: Akashi - Teams matches were great lol, soooooooo close. We will get you next time D:
9: Shugo is an illiterate black ****!!!!!!!!!!! - 9th!? What happened??!
9: JJ Rockets - Me
9: Arty - Fun doubles matches, we need to do some friendlies next time though
13: BOX 7 - Didn't get to play :(
13: DLA - Didn't get to play :(
13: Kappy - Our match was really close, owned my Diddy pretty bad D:
13: Metroid - We gotta play next time!
17: Marshall - Didn't get to play :(
17: Shade - Fun friendlies, glad you could come. Did pretty good for your first legit tourney too
17: Xyless - Didn't get to play :(
17: Alfredo - We got teams next time
17: Meneil - That almost comeback was sick. Also teams matches were alot of fun!
17: Scythe - Didn't get to play :(
17: Buuda - Didn't get to play :(
17: Geno - Didn't get to play :(
25: Koose - Didn't get to play :(
25: Les Golrock - Didn't get to play :(
25: Indifference - Thanks for the ride!
25: Ethan - Who?
25: Chompy - GGs, I hate that we had to play eachother right away in loser's twice in a row now...I don't like knocking out a fellow diddy :(
25: MagicJosh - Didn't get to play :(
25: Raid! - Didn't get to play :(
25: Tetsion - Didn't get to play :(
33: Amane - who?
33: Spongejordan - Didn't get to play :(...wished I could've seen you two stock Arty, that sounded intense lol
33: Logan - who?
33: Six - YESSSSSS!!! YESSS YESS YESSSSSS!
33: Juggz - Who?
33: Jordan - GGs
33: Bill - Who?

Thanks to everyone who ran the event also.

One complaint is that with all the tournaments going on I didn't get to play many friendlies :(

Other than that it was really fun, as usual.

hunger!

Smash Champion
shoutouts later.

i had a bad day. meh w/e,now i shouldn't be due for one for a while =) minus is always a blast.

good shiit to grimace ahead of time.

Akashi

Smash Lord
1: Lain - GG's, and I'm glad I did better against your D3 this time.
2: L Cancel - You're a pretty chill guy :] I'm glad we finally met. Come to more of these!
3: Grimace - Grats on 3rd sexy! XD We need to learn the Olimar MU
4: Kain - ENRIQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I love you Daddy :O
5: Ook - Ooooooooooook, grats on 5th, you pwned this tourney ;p
5: Quik - I didn't watch any of your matches but grats on 5th;D
7: Green Beast - Grats on 7th! Wow, you came out of nowhere and owned hard. I'll learn how to play you next time, I really want a set off you now lol. :p
7: YoshQ - I love how relaxed you are during tourneys. Keep that attitude, and grats on placing well.
9: Akashi - Woot, I beat some reputable players and made my goal (top 10)!
9: Shugo is an illiterate black ****!!!!!!!!!!! - Lol, you'll do better next time Jacob<3. But nice talking to you like always :]
9: JJ Rockets - Grats on 9th broski, your Diddy is ever improving, and I'm excited to play you in a bracket match.
9: Arty - You got bracket f*cked, I'm sorry :\.
13: BOX 7 - Gg's, your ROB is intense. I told you I'd get you next time though ;P!
13: DLA - Grats on 13th!
13: Kappy - I already congratulated you last night, but grats nonetheless!
13: Metroid - Keep playing vbrawl Brian! Your Ike's sick, and you look so cool in B- lol
17: Marshall - Our games were super close, and thanks for being a good sport afterwards.
17: Shade - idk you :/
17: Xyless - Hey sexy<3
17: Alfredo - You're JJ's brother, right? Nice Snake, learn the Snake ditto MU :p
17: Meneil - You are the most amazing cheerleader ever, and I couldn't ask for anything more during a tourney match. The fact that you watch all my matches so intently and congratulate/support me afterwards seriously helps me keep mentally stable. Thank you <3. Also gj against Hunger&JJ, you'll get them next time :].
17: Scythe - RAWR
17: Buuda
17: Geno - Gg's in our 1st match, sorry we had to face each other immediately :/.
25: Koose
25: Les Golrock
25: Indifference - Gg's man
25: Ethan
25: Chompy - :( I think you got bracket f*cked, I'm sorry
25: MagicJosh - MagicJOHNSON
25: Raid! - Thanks for being so chill w/ Meneil and I about B-, you taught us a lot and all-in-all it's a pleasure to talk to you. Your matches against Grimace were entertaining, and I love the fact you were laughing through it all. Good sh*t in B- too! 3rd place WOOTWOOT!
25: Tetsion
33: Amane - Nice seeing you finally :] grats on your win against me in B-
33: Spongejordan - I love you Jordan ;o
33: Logan
33: Six
33: Juggz
33: Jordan
33: Bill

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
****, I way to represent, MI Lain and L! You'll have to let me know the next time you go OOS so I can tag along. You know I love driving :p

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
2: L Cancel ($114.00) - You make Olimar look so interesting =o I've been meaning to pick him up, I just think I'm really overthinking him.
3: Grimace ($38.00) - 3rd? Good **** dude :D Nice chatting with you.
5: Ook - You have some of the funnest matches to watch.
9: Akashi - I love you too.
9: Arty - Though I hate getting these brackets all the time, I have to say, I couldn't have a more fun person to play every tournament. Keep being awesome. Oh, and GET 2-STOCKED ON RC BIATCH :p
13: DLA - Hope you liked that Warlock Punch. I know I did.
13: Kappy - You're awesome. That set against MagicJosh was way too good.
17: Marshall
17: Shade - I really want to play your Falco again. That third game, my heart broke when I up-B'd the wrong way. It BROKE.
17: Xyless - Fun doubles :p Team Gimmick ftw. Also great to hang out with you, hope you start coming back to tournaments again soon.
17: Scythe - Man, B- Samus is way good. That Zair *****, just like in regular Brawl T.T
17: Buuda - Scrub. Who plays PT, I MEAN REALLY.
25: Koose - MK dittos. Do it up.
25: MagicJosh - Get a controller and money for entry fees, scrub.
25: Raid! - I SOOOOO had your B- Lucario on wraps. Frigate ftl :p
33: Amane - I haven't played B+ before outside of like, 3 games a long while back :X
33: Six - Nice Side-B sweetspot :p

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
One thing is for sure.. I choked hard. I just stopped caring after the first round against Grimace. lol I eat too many Ftilts.

1: Lain- UAIRRRRRRR
2: L Cancel - Glad to finally meet you.. good stuff man.
3: Grimace - MLG gave you an upgrade. Good stuff man
4: Kain - You keep getting better and better. You didn't have to **** Greenbeast like that man haha.
5: Ook - I hope I made you proud in me and Dajay's Ook dittos. =3
5: Quik - Biggest Procrastinator ever. lol but eh good stuff in doubles with 7FO
7: Green Beast - You made some upsets this tourney.. good stuff beating marshal
7: YoshQ - Good stuff man, fun low tier friendlies xD You won't beat me with falcon (I took ally to grand finals) xD
9: Akashi- I let you down. wasn't at my A game 1st and 3rd round. I'll get you back. We are now rivals
9: Hunger- Im so sick of facing you and kain first round. but eh, I know I got you scared of my wario :3
9: JJ Rockets Godd stuff man, you're getting better.
9: Arty D: 9th? DANG YOU L CANCEL. Also Read what I said about quik
13: DLA I guess Im saying goodbye to Ganon now, huh D:
13: Kappy It was fun teaming with you.. we could have done better but eh. I'd team again. But Im teaming with 7FO for this time on now.
13: Metroid- You're a freaken beast at Brawl+ dude. I gotta play you.
17: Marshall- It's the haircut.
17: Shade GGs man Link me to the matches ok.
17: Xyless I can't wait for my textures. :D
17: Meneil We didn't talk much. D:
17: Scythe I swear that wasn't me that hit you in the shoulder.
17: Buuda Your PT surprised me dude. o.o
17: Geno Keep coming to tourneys man, you'll cause some upsets sometime =)
25: Les Golrock Chillest ****** ever whaaaaaa
25: Chompy Wut happen? D:
25: MagicJosh Stop disgracing rob!
Fwamane: It was nice meeting you. =3 Hope to see you again sometime.

Quik17

Smash Ace
LOL wtf at Hunger's name

and sorry Bo, we'll get that MM next tourney promise ;D

I'll do shoutouts tonight or tomorrow

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
Oh, if you have a replay saved of me can you please either upload it to Youtube and send me the link, or upload the file of the replay? Thanks.

I always use the tag "dlolb" so if you have a replay with that tag its me.

ORLY

Smash Master
Too bad Melee didn't have a recording set-up. There were some beast combos in winner's semi and winner's finals.

See ya'll at POE3 and MAS!

grimacetpp

Smash Apprentice
1: Lain ($228.00) - good stuff, hopefully i'll get you next time.
2: L Cancel ($114.00) - g**** i do not know that match up, regardless good stuff.
4: Kain - good **** enrique
5: Ook - i still love you ook
5: Quik - good stuff beating hunger
7: Green Beast - everyone in IL needs olimar practice... but never the less good stuff
7: YoshQ - good **** dude
9: Akashi - lain :(
9: Shugo is an illiterate black ****!!!!!!!!!!! - sweet name
9: JJ Rockets - the friendlies were fun, and i still need help with that matchup so we'll play again
9: Arty - I wish we would've played i think it would have been close.
13: BOX 7 - thanks for the compliment, our matches were fun.
13: DLA - your and yoshq's match was so weird
13: Kappy - good stuff dawg
13: Metroid - minus was hella fun, don't know how i dropped the first game with the 0 to death
17: Marshall - next time.
17: Shade - didn't get to play
17: Xyless - cool seeing you again
17: Alfredo - didn't get to play
17: Meneil - wish we would've played nachos were fun though
17: Scythe - good stuff in minus dude
17: Buuda - the friendlies were fun
17: Geno - didn't get to play
25: Koose - nice hair
25: Les Golrock - didn't get to play
25: Indifference - didn't get to play
25: Ethan - didn't get to play
25: Chompy - didn't get to play
25: MagicJosh - I believe in you majicjosh
25: Raid! - should've stayed d3, regardless fun matches
25: Tetsion - sorry i forgot your name
33: Amane - didn't get to play
33: Spongejordan - brawl+ bracket was hilarious!
33: Logan - i don't think we played
33: Six - i don't think we played
33: Juggz - i don't think we played
33: Jordan - i don't think we played
33: Bill - i don't think we played

Sago

Smash Lord
goods hit gorman, maybe i really are gonna be good at this game now ???!?!?!?

jake....is that third in teams i see :3

L cancel- dam didnt know you had it in you. very nice

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
goods hit gorman, maybe i really are gonna be good at this game now ???!?!?!?

jake....is that third in teams i see :3

L cancel- dam didnt know you had it in you. very nice
Lol I'm sad that the tourney I finally made it out to, you couldn't come to. =(

But thanks. ^ ^

Arty

Smash Lord
Good stuff everyone. Thanks for hosting Kirk/Blind/Oro
Shoutouts to the two new Olimars I met, L and Green Beast. You guys are both cool and very good. IL needs more Olimar experience so come to more tournies :)
Sucks that Lain got DQed and put me in a tough position bracket wise, but oh well. I almost had him :)
It was fun teaming YoshQ, although pulling off those bucket shenanigans were almost impossible.
Good stuff ****** me on cruise Jordan :colorful:
And Brawl+ and Brawl- were fun as usual. Good stuff to everyone I played there especially Metroid and Kirk. I almost pulled a 3 game sweep on you Metroid but you got me in Minus :)

yoshq

Smash Master
arty - fun teaming, maybe luigi is just bad and i should use mk, or also the fact that i'm bad at wario. still fun as hell though

jjrockets - yea work on those icies and nice meeting you

kirk - amazing house + tournney

ook - i hope i play you every tourney, it's sooo fun

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
God, did I perform badly at this tournament. Next time, you guys should tell the workers to bring a fan or put on the air conditioners. I literally couldn't concentrate because of the heat >_>

metroid1117

Smash Master
I almost pulled a 3 game sweep on you Metroid but you got me in Minus :)
Dude you totally trolled me on Saturday :mad:.

I know I say that every tournament I've been to was fun, but this one in particular was awesome - I got in a BUNCH of games, played more great sets, got more match-up experience, and met a ton of new people. I hope to see you guys again in the future!

Shoutouts:

Lain: We didn't get to play each other, but great job winning the tournament! MI is too good.
L-cancel: It was great to finally meet you in person after playing you in Wi-fi about two years ago haha. I can't believe that I met your friend at Northwestern... it's a small world after all.
Grimace: Great job getting third in vBrawl! Brawl- was so wacky, I'm still in disbelief that I pulled through after that 0% - death. We need to play some vBrawl friendlies, even though it won't be much of a challenge for you haha.
Ook: DK- is so crazy, but Ike- is crazier :laugh:. We need to play more friendlies next time, it was too fun playing you and your DK.
Quik: Your Wario was too good, it was a lot of fun playing you in Brawl+. I want a Ganon ditto in Melee next time we play each other =O.
Arty: You're such a troll. Gah, I'm 0-3 against your G&W+ now... too good, I need to play you more so I can even out the score.
Green Beast: Great job getting 7th! You shouldn't have to be scared of Ikes, you totally dominated me in that game :laugh:.
YoshQ: Your Luigi- is too good, I have to see your Luigi in vBrawl now haha. Fun games in minus, we have to play again sometime.
Akashi: We didn't get to color match again... even though you'll probably win anyway :laugh:. I actually had more fun than usual playing Brawl, too bad I didn't get to play any vBrawl friendlies with you :( (or anyone, for that matter >.>).
Meneil: Again, we need to play friendlies... you should enter in more than just vBrawl, same to Akashi too! It was good to see you guys again, I hope to see you at the next Don't Blink!
Hunger: "Ehh, Squirtle is okay..." what bull :laugh:. It was so much fun seeing and playing you (and seeing you get wrecked by Raid shortly after :p), I have to play you in vBrawl again next time. Great job coming back and beating him in Loser's Finals and winning the tournament!
JJRockets: It was good to see you again, but it's too bad we didn't get to play any friendlies :(. That's my fault though, I'll be sure to play you again next time I see you.
Bo X7: Awww.... another person I didn't get to play :(. It was great to see you again; we really need to play vBrawl or Brawl+ next time, it's been way too long >.>.
7F0: It's unfortunate that you gave up Singles, but it's totally understandable >.>. Would you be willing to make an exception for friendlies next time? =D
DLA: Brawl+ free-for-alls were fun, I'm surprised to hear that you don't like it though :confused:. Oh well, it was great to see you again. I want a re-match against your MK in Brawl, last time was just embarrassing haha.
Xyless: It was so good to see you again. Your Lucas+ is so tricky, great PK Thunder combos >.>.
Geno: Wow, your Samus was quite a shock to play, I haven't played anyone who used UAir quite like that. Great set, it's unfortunate that Lylat screwed you over so many times :(.
Koose: I totally lucked out with that last-second DAir spike, that set was too close. Great games, I hope to see you at the next tourney!
ORLY: Your Falcon is too good, congrats at winning the tournament! The problem with entering so many events is that you never get to see the matches that you want to see, I was pretty excited for Melee Finals >.>. Great games, thanks for those fun friendlies before we started the round robins!
Scythe: Your Fox is so ridiculous, I'm glad that 4-stock on Dreamland wasn't recorded haha. Great Link too, it was fun to play you during the round robins. Good games, I need to learn how to play the Fox match-up better haha.
Brightside: Your mindgames with Roy are too good, those matches in round robins were too fun.
Ramon: That last match at Mute City was ridiculous, I can't believe you survived past 200%! It was fun to play another Peach user, I hope to see you again next time.
Robin: It's so funny that you know Micheal Yao too haha. We should definitely Smash together, although it might be a little far for you >.>. Great games in Melee, you should definitely get back into it!
Kirk: Your Bowser is almost as sexy as your running shorts. Great games in Brawl+ and thanks for not playing Ike dittos with me the whole time >.>.
Blind: BAir -> FSmash is so overrated :p. It was fun playing friendlies with you after the tournament, I'm glad I didn't have to face you in the bracket because you probably would've destroyed me haha.
Oro: Nooooooooooooooo, you were supposed to take out Arty so I wouldn't have to play him :(. I want to play you again in Brawl+, last time I played your Falcon+ you absolutely destroyed me haha.

To Kirk, Blind, and Oro: Thanks for being such amazing TOs! The event was a lot of fun and run very smoothly, I had an amazing time and appreciate your efforts to organizing this.

To everyone I mentioned and everyone I played: Great games!

Here are some photos I took during the tournament:

(bah this one came out particularly blurry)

I didn't take that many partially because I was too lazy, but also because I was too busy playing matches :laugh:.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Needs moar ME! I was actually considering bringing a cam next time and recording our tourneys. Everyone has such unique personalities, and tbh that's one of the main reasons why I come to these tourneys: you guys. I'd upload the content on my channel too :O.

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Needs moar ME! I was actually considering bringing a cam next time and recording our tourneys. Everyone has such unique personalities, and tbh that's one of the main reasons why I come to these tourneys: you guys. I'd upload the content on my channel too :O.
It's definitely the only reason for me. I'm not big enough of a fan of the game to do this very often, but the IL/WI smashers that make me WANT to come and get better. Everyone's so cool XD

Top Bottom