• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

problems with video and sd card

BBQTV

Smash Master
i just got an sd card and got a video from the wii. when i go to check content its there but when i try to open it on the computer i cant view it. why cant i?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Is this a Brawl replay? If so, you should know that replays are not saved as videos. What happens is that the game saves a log of all the stage events and all button and stick inputs and simply displays all of them.

By the way, I'm no computer expert. I'm just starting.

BBQTV

Smash Master
yes its a brawl replay. how can i view the video or put it in video format?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
You will need to get a video capture device. They can get pricey though, but that depends on your definition of pricey.

I can't guarantee this will work, but look at this and similar products:
http://www.amazon.com/Dazzle-Video-..._1_3?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1277070085&sr=8-3

What you'll have to do is plug the AV cables into either the TV or Wii and let it capture. Make sure you have nothing running or else you run the risk of frames being skipped. You could try to use a DVD recorder as well to record the footage and then rip it to the computer, but I haven't try that yet.

BBQTV

Smash Master
their is no way to do it for free? why do i have to go through all the trouble just for a video? what was Nintendo thinking when they made this feature?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think they were thinking of people exchanging their replays via online and offline. That and I want to say that's how most replays work. Sorry, but if you want to upload this, it's going to cost you money. Although, see if you can find some video capturing freeware. It's bound to exist; can't guarantee you high quality though.

Super_ness

Smash Journeyman
Because, the replays would take up an insane amount of storage space. If it just saves commands, then it takes up much less space.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i already did that. how long does it take? i put that thing on sunday and its wednesday

Top Bottom