• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario's Week 39 Matchup Discussion: Ganondorf!!

Padô

Smash Lord
Sup Guys,
G-Unit **** getting in, this is:

Ganondorf

You'd better discuss me or u will meet ma **** dawg.

Last but not least.

And guys please, leave me some numbers on the last discussion topic.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I gotta say this. Even though he'll probably never hit you, don't give him the chance to. Always stay unpredictable even against Ganon. No chaingrab is worth dying at 50% for.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yeah if you want to take this seriously (and I know most of you have a hard time doing so) you should just camp. Get a lead (which isn't all that hard, really) and just camp him like nothing else.

If he jumps, you land and grab his landing.

If he remains grounded, you can safely dair him.

This may look kind of black-and-white (it is, teehee) but in the end the only tool he has against us is uair, uair = air = ololol he's dead. He's just a terrible character who happens to have grab release gimmicks on us, but with a slow and terrible, terrible grab like his, you should never get grabbed in the first place.

If you dò manage to get grabbed, shrug off the 25% damage which won't kill (after all, you won't ever get to kill percentages in this MU) and continue to take advantage of a silly MU.

Seriously though, play a few friendlies against good Ganons, understand why this MU is impossible for them and you'll have all the experience you need to never lose in tournament sets against Ganondorf.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Ganon's grab isn't slow, it's just the range which is terrible in standing and dash grab. In stages like FD Ganon can small-step grab release chain grab and after Dair Wario when he is on the ledge.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Supposedly Ganon's grab ends fast, but that doesn't matter. His grabs are TRASH. Easily punished due to bad range, and yeah. They start 1 frame slower than average.

This matchup hasn't given me huge trouble to be honest. I mean Wario of course has the advantage when camping, but it's not like Ganon can't hit him. It's just STUPID risky to approach (I get U-aired a LOT in this matchup more than anything). Although Ganon does have the luxury of knowing that Wario will respect his aerials. And I want to be clear that the chaingrab isn't the reason why Ganon loses at all. It's the fact that Ganon really depends on those grab shenanigans to have a fair fight. And by the way if the Ganon doesn't suck, he's only going to go for the F-smash kill when you're at 80ish%. He's got a bunch of other nice moves for racking damage, including some extra chip through release chaingrabbing.

Oh yeah and never recover low if you can since obviously Ganon can and will attempt to gimp you. But I think you already knew that, which could be a small issue if he F-tilts you...I guess. I'm just going to tell you I've gotten a lot of fun D-air spikes on my friend's Wario when he recovers low. =)

By the way, if the stage is BF, even though it helps Wario camp in some ways (and makes it harder for Ganon to do grab shenanigans), keep in mind that Ganon can feasibly avoid grabs safely on that stage. Fullhop U-air does autocancel on the platforms. In fact you should expect a lot of fullhop U-air from Ganon in general, which he will use for baiting and whatever he thinks fit. It's pretty solid overall.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
And I think Fair, Bair, Nair and Up b as well (lol Up b is suicide if Wario is at mid percents or higher).

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
70-30.

Ganon is like a super bad falcon to me, but still can kill you if you are put into a position he likes. Do it three times more than needed during a match with you getting pummeled with uairs and chokes, and you'll lose stock fast.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
btw, if you mess up the CG he gets a free fsmash lol

but yeah, ganon really has nothing besides grab releases and its actually impossible to land a grab on wario when you have the worst grab range in the game and no pivot grab.

IMO its about as bad for ganon as D3

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
It should never happen if you refuse to approach with the Bike leaving it onstage cause you still have lots of other options to shut him down, or just don't let him get any Tire.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
They Beam Swords and HR Bat don't force get-up, but the Tire does and at ANY percent because it has set knockback. Plus Beam Swords rarely appear with Peach and the Bat never appear in an itemless match. And with Bananas he can Gerudo to Glide Toss down to Fsmash Diddy. Gerudo has so many good uses with its amazing tech-chasing ability and uses with items, too bad it is used by a character who suck.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
How can you state we know nothing about Ganon with items, and consequently agree with the ONLY STATEMENT THAT WAS MADE, which was that in the long run it doesn't matter anyway.

Statement: All things Ganon can do with items are rendered null and void because he will never get to do those things in the first place.

That was all there is to it, drop the subject and move on discussing the other worthless aspects of this worthless matchup.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Winnable matchup!

Ganon has grab release to death, like everyone else. But he kills with his Fsmash, which murders you at around 100%.

Ganon has a pivot grab though. It's really good. In fact, it may be the most important thing for him against Wario after NAir.

You're going to want to abuse the crap out of Bike - if you really think Tire choke will never happen, anyway - because the thing is just annoying and screws up ground normals; and you're going to want to do crossovers constantly with that god**** NAir because Ganon can't nail you down for the difference in movement speeds.

It's not too hard to be safe from Ganon aerials; heck, you're even okay getting hit by them in some situations 'cause of weight. Wario is, though, among the easier characters to get rolling on if Ganon does hit you.

And ****ing Bite. Bite beats Choke. >_>

30-70 though unless I see some concrete knowledge of some cruel, cruel repeatable strat that has Ganon-No written on it.

And I would so rather be Ganny than Falcon in this matchup.

Bahamut777

Smash Ace
Winnable matchup!

People think Ganon can't do **** with anyone, but they're mistaken. NAir is a poison to a Wario's reckless approach. UAir is very hard to avoid if used right. Jab and DTilt keep Ganon safe on ground (but not shield grab safe). Pivot grab means death. Wario is easy to chain choke.

I would give this MU the 70:30 at most.

I've got one or two matches recorded against Padô. Will try to put them online next week.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
its unwinnable lmao

wario's know how to not get pivot grabbed lmao

also the 0-death only works on FD, good luck getting a wario to play wario there <_<

if my terrible 2009 wario beat micheal hey's ganon in his prime (the ganon that beat zex and took 5th at a regional) then its a pretty ****ing terrible matchup

literally there is nothing ganon can do to avoid the CG which gets him to 80+ percent and at that point, anything knocks him far enough off stage for a gimp

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Wario has a MUCH easier time grabbing ganon than ganon has grabbing wario. Srsly i dont even use the cg and i still beat all the ganons i play. I must admit Nair is annoying to get around but Ganon doesnt have the aerial moblity to make his uair as annoying as CF's. In fact i can punish ganon alot for using it more often then not.

Tbh the only character who wario should be pivot grabbed by consistly is ddd. And thats because he can actually bait us well. Ganon however has nothing that would make us fall for his pivot grab unless we are just being careless. As TBC said the infinate only works on FD. Every wario main knows to mainly attack by platforms in case we get grabbed to aviod grab release crap. Of course with some characters like snake it doesnt matter since he can uptilt even on bf platforms. Ganon however cant do anything when we release on a platform. Pretty easy matchup lol.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Dont get grabbed and use your ******** mobility to bait stupid stuff. Ganons uair can be annoying if you aren't safe, but w/e. You dont really have to do much to beat ganon, just stay on your toes and be patient, go in for the damage when its safe, which should be after just about any move he has lolololol

Top Bottom