• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ATHF presents: Battle of the books, Eldersburg, Md July 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Located:
6400 Hemlock Drive
Eldersburg, MD 21784

This is a library so keep the noise level minimal. After 5:00 pm it is closing and they're letting us use it till 11:00 pm.

Pricing:
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles
$10 Venue Fee*
*= $5 will be waived for every setup brought in

Doubles
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Singles
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Schedule: *subject to change based on entrants*

July 24th, 2010
12:45 pm People should start to arrive and bring setups.
1:00 pm: Doors open and registration for doubles/singles begins immediately
1:45 pm: Doubles Reg is closed and seeding is done, doubles begins thereafter
4:30 pm: Singles Reg is closed, seeding is done, and singles begins thereafter
10:30 pm: Everyone packs up and gets ready to leave while room is cleaned up
11:00 pm: Everyone leaves

Rules:

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise
Pictochat
Norfair

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

*All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, higher seeded players have the choice of controller port. If there is a question of who is the higher seed, let the TO decide.

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port or to save on time you could just agree to something on your own. If there is a conflict in singles, RPS will come into effect as well.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* The winner of a Bowsercide is decided by whatever the game says the winner is.

* You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* If you pause a match for anything other than an emergency, the opposing player has every right to report you to the TO. If the TO deems it worthy, he/she may give you a game loss for the game you paused on. This is at the TO's discretion.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Ganon/Dedede/Kirbyciding- This results of this happening is whatever the game says. Even if the Ganon/DeDeDe/Kirby dies first.

* Sudden Death will not be played out. In the event of a sudden death the winner is determined by stock, then percentage. If the sudden death was initiated by a suicide KO- the players will have a 1 stock, 4 minute timer game to determine the winner. If a 2nd sudden death is reached and it is also a tie, then another 1 stock, 4 minute timer game will be played. If this game ends in tie, the player that did the most damage overall will win the set.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* There will be a 40 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 40 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 40 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

* There will be a combined 85 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 85 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 40 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed

Wii Hack Rules: Wii hacks are allowed, provided they abide by these rules:

1. Tripping must still be on
2. Stage Textures are off
3. Unapproved character textures are off. Approved ones are: Red/Green Sonic, Red/Green Pokemon Trainer pokemon, Red/Green Lucario, Blue Dedede.
4. Music hacks must have songs that aren't a hinderance to the game sounds. If a game has to be reset because the players ears are bleeding from the music, then the SD card will be removed.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

Additional rules for this establishment:

*This is a library and we have been given a big room away from the books and people. We are not to leave that room to go into the actual library. Doors in this room must be shut. There are doors that directly lead to outside if you need to go eat.

*We will have one projector and many outlets for setups. Please bring as many set ups as possible. This area is surrounded by MANY fast food restaurants including Kfc, Wendys, Taco bell, Qdobas, McDonalds, and Dairy Queen

*We will have restrooms and vending machines (till 5:00, than they shut them off). You may use the bathroom, but don't go into the door next to the bathroom because that leads into the actual library books part.

*After 5:00 pm, no one is to go into the library area and the library itself will be closed, but still keep the noise level to a respectable level.

*Be respectful of people in the library when walking in and if you go to the vending machines.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Inui, this is not an expensive event, both singles and doubles are 5 bucks. Its not for you sharks!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Oh, I thought I just read singles as $10 and doubles as $5 per person. My bad.
Ah, another fire put out by me, splendid. See Seagull, these are just the kinds of emergency's I deal with on a daily basis.
My friend works at the bk nearby, maybe i can get a deal setup.
Someone working the fries probably won't have much pull with management.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Sorry Seagull Man I really want to come to this, but I'm going to King's Dominion on the 24th. Hope everyone else has fun at this

CTL17

Smash Lord
I may come help run it, considering I might be in charge of my club in CP's fundraising tourney later on. I need to learn these things.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
me and Donna would be here but we got double booked x_x

Sorry Seagull and Caitie =/

KageMurphy

Smash Master
10 dollas to be loud in a Library? Why not!? xD

It's gonna be a good event, after the hype from yesterdays tourny it'll just be more relaxed, I like the fact that the entry fees are lower to make up for the high venue the library is charging. Everyone go~! :)

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Eh, I'm taking a break from brawl (not that I'm already practically on break.)

I'll enter the next one you two host.

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Noid, I wont be here much longer.... I don't think I can host another one.... ;_;

Please come to this one

If that's too cheap, isn't that a better reason to go? O.o

M

MysteryTigerTeen

it ends by 11:00

it's from 1:00-11:00, you can leave anytme you want before than lol

CTL17

Smash Lord
This occurred for Graphix (the Melee tourney I went to before heading over to XANADU): the TO made the entry fee $5 to try to get newer players to come (which they did). However, this discourages older players from far away to come (like Hax and Nando) as they wouldn't get as much out of it by trekking this far. Plank said it would be more beneficial to the community to have better people so newer people could learn from getting beat up. Just Plank's 2¢.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
1) I go to a tourny every sat, so yes I will be here

2) them coming or going means nothing, I've been banned from there house cause sin got salty one day... and this have not returned and rarely travel with them

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
1) I go to a tourny every sat, so yes I will be here

2) them coming or going means nothing, I've been banned from there house cause sin got salty one day... and this have not returned and rarely travel with them
Sounds good Anthony :)

More attendance the better.

Attending so far from my knowledge:

1. Seagull
  2. Tiger
  3. Lie
  4. SnakAttack
  5. Tantalus
  6. Logic (Ps)
  7. Bert
  8. Korn
  9. CTL (He bringing Project M and helping me out)

If time permits would people want to have a side tourney of some sort? Project M/Brawl-/Low tiers/Mid tiers/All Mk/All Falcon/Ganon?

I would like people to confirm if they're coming please. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom