• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl 3: The Finale | Results/Shoutouts/Videos | June 26th, 2010

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Original tourney thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276802

Singles: 20 people entered

$15 Entry fee

1: Holy ($180) - :metaknight:
2: Swordgard ($90) - :popo:/:snake:
3: Hype ($30) - :metaknight:
4: King Ace - :metaknight:
5: Silver Doc - :diddy:/:metaknight:
5: Toronto Joe - :metaknight:
7: Mikey - :metaknight:/:marth:
7: Tin Man - :olimar:/:rob:
9: Runawayfire - :falco:
9: Techiyo - :marth:/:metaknight:
9: Guard - :fox:
9: Mar1 - :dk2:/:metaknight:
13: Sheep - :rob:/:metaknight:
13: Pho - :diddy:
13: SRTM - :diddy:
13: Fashoomp - :dedede:
17: Looftwaffles - :marth:
17: Ryan FW - :zerosuitsamus:
17: Hells - :toonlink:
17: Inle - :marth:

Doubles: 10 teams entered

$10 Entry fee (per team)

1: Untouchables ($120 split) (KingAce + Toronto Joe) - :metaknight: + :metaknight:
2: Swordgard+Holy ($60 split) - :snake: + :metaknight:
3: PrincessYiff ($20 split) (GUARD + Techiyo) :fox: + :marth:
4: Hype+Mikey - :metaknight: + :metaknight:
5: Dr Mindgames (Silver Doc + Runawayfire) - :diddy:/:metaknight: + :falco:
5: Hells+Mar1 - :metaknight: + :metaknight:
7: SRTM+Fashoomp - :diddy: + :dedede:
7: Inle+Skyler :marth: + :kirby2:
9: Looftwaffles+Marik - :marth: + :metaknight:
9: Mike+Alvin - :kirby2: + :metaknight:

- If i put your character incorrectly (or if u have a :random: symbol for a character) please tell me who you used so I can adjust the characters accordingly. In addition, if you main multiple characters, you get 1 character regardless of wins/losses, however if I am to add another character beside your name, you must have won at least 1 game with that character IN BRACKETS, or several games with that character in pools. Please tell me if I should adjust your characters

- VIDEOS ARE UP (everything I got is now uploaded): http://www.justin.tv/nekonekoxd/b/265902386

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Brawl+ Singles: 19 people entered

$5 Entry fee

1: Holy ($57) - :rob:
2: Dist ($28.5) - :toonlink:
3: TinMan ($9.5) - :rob:/:olimar:
4: 5ive - :pikachu2:/:lucario:/:snake:
5: Eugene - :falcon:
5: Minus - :charizard:
7: Guard - :fox:
7: Marik - :yoshi:
9: Doc - :metaknight:
9: Fonez - :random:
9: Fashoomp - :random:
9: Carter - :samus2:
13: Inle - :marth:
13: Han - :random:
13: Swordgard - :random:
13: FiZZ - :lucario:
17: Skyler - :random:
17: Joe - :random:
17: SswiZz BbeatSs - :random:

Super Street Fighter 4 Singles: 11 people entered

$5 Entry fee

1: FilipinoBalrog ($38.50)
2: Pho ($11)
3: Minus ($5)
4: Mikey
5: Alvin
5: 5ive
7: Alex da JEw!1
7: SswiZz BbeatSs
9: SRTM
9: Eugene
9: Ryan

- If i put your character incorrectly (or if u have a :random: symbol for a character) please tell me who you used so I can adjust the characters accordingly. In addition, if you main multiple characters, you get 1 character regardless of wins/losses, however if I am to add another character beside your name, you must have won at least 1 game with that character IN BRACKETS, or several games with that character in pools. Please tell me if I should adjust your characters

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Rock-Paper-Scissors: 12 people entered

1$ entry fee

1: Han
2: Hells
3: Marik
4: Minus
5: Fizz
5: Hype
7: Tin Man
7: SkylerSilver
9: Swizzbeats
9: Guard
9: 5ive
9: Techyio

Hype

Smash Lord
Overall really fun tourney. The bracket was really stacked especially for how few people showed up.

1: Holy: Congrats on winning. GGs you ***** me really bad. I need to get better and change my playstyle.
2: Swordgard: Good job getting 2nd, no Iliad to know you out of winners bracket this time ;) . We ALMOST got to play again.
3: Hype: ballin'
4: King Ace: good games, I finally beat you.
5: Doc: ggs. I already said everything to you on msn.
5: Joe: Chocolate rain, some stay dry and others feel the pain, choclate rain. Good luck with you're threesome in the lake.
7: Mikey: not one, but 2 Wendy's drinks.
7: Tin Man: god job beating mikey. You owe me friendlies next tourney BEFORE the bracket.
9: Minus: Nice seeing you again. Haven't played you in a while, I remember when we would get matched up against each other like every tourney lol.
9: Techyio: good matches, it took me a while to adapt. Try not to rage so much, it (probably) makes you play worse. good job in teams too.
9: Guard: nice meeting you, good job in teams
9: Mar1: nice meeting you.
13: Sheep: nice seeing you again.
13: Pho: I hear you're a beast at SF
13: SRTM: lol japes
13: Fashoomp: We should play soem friendlies next time.
17: Looftwaffles: i don't think we played...
17: Ryan FW: already said everything in the car ride home
17: Hells: fun doubles matches
17: Inle: I don't think we played...

Hype

Smash Lord
Tinman I don't like the rule about you must have at least 1 win for a character to be counted. I know this is kinda subjective but imo a better rule would be to count a character if they think using that character was in their best interest or if they used the character in important matches.

I probably shouldn't have falco next to my name I used him once in 2nd round cuz SRTM counter picked japes. But Doc should definitely have diddy besides his name, he used him 2 matches vs Swordgard and 2 vs myself. Mikey should also have falco even though he didn't win with him becuse he used him in important matches.

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Yo, my teacher said her husband was once ranked 9th in the world at RPS. **** you not.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Tinman I don't like the rule about you must have at least 1 win for a character to be counted. I know this is kinda subjective but imo a better rule would be to count a character if they think using that character was in their best interest or if they used the character in important matches.

I probably shouldn't have falco next to my name I used him once in 2nd round cuz SRTM counter picked japes. But Doc should definitely have diddy besides his name, he used him 2 matches vs Swordgard and 2 vs myself. Mikey should also have falco even though he didn't win with him becuse he used him in important matches.
I took falco off u and added diddy to doc. Iunno about mikey tho, imma keep it the way it is.

8Bitman

Smash Master
*checks random tourney results

NICE STUFFZ TINMAN!!!! =D

Mikey7

Smash Lord
1: Holy ($180) - :metaknight: - gj coming back, good to see you again
2: Swordgard ($90) - :popo:/:snake: - i love u man ur actually not a douchebag, which is extremely hypocritical becuase over the boards you are, but eh i guess ur ok in person
3: Hype ($30) - :metaknight: - 2nd drink freer than my match vs tinman -_-
4: King Ace - :metaknight: - ull do better once ur not rusty
5: Silver Doc - :metaknight:/:diddy: - sorry about ur money good seeing you again
5: Toronto Joe - :metaknight: - fox vs kingace did you not learn anything about the power of pressing b from that one pownz -_-
7: Mikey - :metaknight:/:marth:
7: Tin Man - :olimar:/:rob: - thx for the tourney, gj beating me ur getting good
9: Runawayfire - :falco: - i was thinking about it, 2-1 set count for you but if you think about it TIME wise, the one set of falco vs marth lasted more than 10 minutes! -_-
9: Techyio - :marth: - nice marth
9: Guard - :fox: - how do you fight a fox? ur good though
9: Mar1 - :dk2: - gj in doubles
13: Sheep - :rob:/:metaknight: - mk is what its all about now lol : (
13: Pho - :diddy: - fun friendlies in ssf4, one of best parts of the day. add me on xbox live and hopefully we can connect because my xbox live has an issue of failing connections with people - chant and mikey is my tag
13: SRTM - :diddy: - psn scrub! ssf4 is def amazing : p but fuerte is not!
13: Fashoomp - :dedede: - sorry for the bbbbb treatment in doubles
17: Looftwaffles - :marth: hope you had a good time
17: Ryan FW - :zerosuitsamus: - scrubtacular, scrubzilla
17: Hells - :toonlink: - should have pikced mk before this tourney, and been prepared this is gta we know 1 character and 1 matchup - mk and mk dittos
17: Inle - :marth: - didnt remember seeing you or i woulda said hi, hope u had a good time

ssf4
swiss - all that trash talking i was expecting more. ur good though : p
5ive - i luv u
worst seeding ever me vs minus round 1 lol

SRTM

Smash Ace
1: Holy ($180) -nice talking to you as always. friendlies next time.
2: Swordgard ($90) - finally got some games in with you lol. gg's.
3: Hype ($30) - **** japes, never picking that again lmao
4: King Ace - friendlies next time.
5: Silver Doc - Don't worry, we'll wreck some nubs over PSN
5: Toronto Joe - Nice seeing you again.
7: Mikey - Fuerte is awesome, my skills are not. Im gonna buy a stick and get serious soon.
7: Tin Man - Crazy difficult bracket. :(
9: Runawayfire - Add me on PSN. SRTM-86
9: Techyio - Amazing marth dude. GG's.
9: Guard - My skills weren't up to par, you ***** me. gg's
9: Mar1 - Fun games.
13: Sheep - didn't play you.
13: Pho - You owe me gas money lol.
13: SRTM - wtf
13: Fashoomp - We did horrible. enough said lol.
17: Looftwaffles -didn't play you.
17: Ryan FW - Sakura is too good
17: Hells -Nice seeing you again.
17: Inle - Brawl+ is awesome

Swiss - thanks for hosting ssf4
Alvin - thanks for the venue and friendlies, i'll be buying that stick soon.
fones- lolol. your cviper is too good.
balrog player - pro.

everyone else - gg's

Cruxis

Smash Lord
:metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight:

i thinks its sad that brawl+ had basically the same number of entrants as brawl

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Alex shut up bout' 20 mks, you don't even go to tournies bruh >_>

Ayo tho', someone stole money from me which is why I left angry, I only stayed cause' I thought I'd get back SOMETHING, but tough **** haha.

Here's my situation now:

I will not quit, but I will try hosting tournaments, most likely won't enter them..

IF NOT, and you don't end up hearing for me, if I consider you a friend I'll keep in touch with you, I have made some really amazing friend's in this scene, but brawl just isn't me anymore, cheers GTA/MTL.

Self Distructo

Smash Apprentice
Here's my situation now:

I will not quit, but I will try hosting tournaments, most likely won't enter them..

IF NOT, and you don't end up hearing for me, if I consider you a friend I'll keep in touch with you, I have made some really amazing friend's in this scene, but brawl just isn't me anymore, cheers GTA/MTL.
I'll give you a week.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
your guys' rock paper scissors tourney had more attendants than alberta's brawl monthlies.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Just wondering who here is interested in my Brawl+/Brawl-/SSF4/RPS tournament which willl be sometime July/August?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Shootouts from the megabus wifi.

1: Holy ($180) - :metaknight: Its been a long time since I haven't taken a set off you. I guess I finally managed to close the gap between our skill levels. Ironically, competing with you makes me wonder more and more about whether ics should be legal too. Either way, good games, mad respect for your skill as usual. You play a gay character, but so do I for sure. Thanks again for carrying me in doubles, though living to 210% multiple games in a row was epic.
2: Swordgard ($90) - :popo:/:snake: Grand finals curse, it never stops.
3: Hype ($30) - :metaknight:We didn't get to play again. I guess I should say I am going to play you in losers more often, I swear I jinxed holy somehow. Either way, still a great player, see you around.
4: King Ace - :metaknight: Great job repping in doubles with TO joe, you guys were so good. We still never played in tourney.
5: Silver Doc - :diddy:/:metaknight:I seriously did not expect diddy. Either way it seems you have terrible luck at tourneys, gl with that. Great player, don't quit now!
5: Toronto Joe - :metaknight: Sexy MK as usual. Aggroknight doesn't work so well vs ics though >.<
7: Mikey - :metaknight:/:marth:Your funny irl too.
7: Tin Man - :olimar:/:rob: Great tourney, you did a great TO job, I think people need to know sometimes that its not just the TOs fault when a tournament is not perfect. This tourney on the other hand was run pretty close to flawlessly.
9: Runawayfire - :falco: No ics curse this time it seems!
9: Techyio - :marth:**** more, rage less. Still you did good overall, especially vs hype.
9: Guard - :fox:GJ vs kingace. Thanks for driving everyone.
9: Mar1 - :dk2:/:metaknight:I frankly expected you to place 1 spot higher, but then again I guess Mtl johns were legit this time around. No sleep sucks.
13: Sheep - :rob:/:metaknight: ???? I don't even recall if we played.
13: Pho - :diddy:Same.
13: SRTM - :diddy: Hasaki bro, I know you can place higher than that. Get back into the game and start repping again.
13: Fashoomp - :dedede:Great Dedede, fun friendlies during the day.
17: Looftwaffles - :marth:
17: Ryan FW - :zerosuitsamus: 6-4 ZSS eh? I truly think its the other way around.
17: Hells - :toonlink: Sleep johns too eh? Sleep deprivation is a *****.
17: Inle - :marth:Same as pho.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Just wondering who here is interested in my Brawl+/Brawl-/SSF4/RPS tournament which willl be sometime July/August?
You know I'm there. :yoshi:

Fun tournament. Too bad Brawl- never happened.

5ive, you did exceptionally well in brackets. Sorry I was so negative and pissed off after our set.

It wasn't the fact I lost, but because I played terrible and not at my full potential.

Shoutouts later. Maybe.

Self Distructo

Smash Apprentice
You know I'm there. :yoshi:

Fun tournament. Too bad Brawl- never happened.

5ive, you did exceptionally well in brackets. Sorry I was so negative and pissed off after our set.

It wasn't the fact I lost, but because I played terrible and not at my full potential.

Shoutouts later. Maybe.
Stop johnning you little ****er.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Distructo, don't make me 3-stock you in Brawl- again you scrub.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
shoutouts soon

so im just gonna adress some stuff about this tourney and things that bug the **** out of me in our scene

1. its kinda annoying not having anyone high up on the PR to friendly,like this seriously dissapoints me, im always friendlying lower skilled players and putting in REAL effort to get them better and improve,im not talking 2 or 3 games i sit down and ****ing play..offline or on wifi...how many of you can say the same? if you dont believe ask the handfuls of people i play with EVEN when im ****ing dead tired(lucky i love you tinman)..take some pride in doing favors for the sake of helping others and stop being so selfish, how come the favor is never returned?honestly stop being so bad about this stuff i actually want to get good before apex,i dont give a **** about winning locally i want to do well outside of here,winning here basically just means your good at 1 or 2 matchups so congrats if you take pride in that

2.PICK UP YOUR ****ING TRASH,I HAD TO BE HOME WELL BEFORE THE TOURNEY ENDED AND WE SPENT ****ING 40MINS CLENING UP THE **** VENUE BECAUSE YOU SLOBS LEAVE YOUR **** LYING AROUND,alvin was nice enough to let you use his venue and you repay him by making him pick up your trash off the floor? this isnt the only tourney ive seen this at,but since i actually had to pick up your **** this time i brought it up...GET UP AND WALK 5 EXTRA STEPS TO THE TRASHCAN..noone even stayed back to help clean,****ing embarassing. then we have the audacity to complain about a lack of tourneys

3.get A.C in that venue please,i spent atleast half the time in the rain outside because i couldnt handle the extreme heat and stench, christ that was horrible

4.brawl+ had 2 setups..why werent tvs taken from brawl cause we had about 6stations of just brawl friendlies going on,as a T.O you need to realize when you gotta get rid of brawl stations for the sake of a better run B+ tourney,if there wasnt enough SDs cards brought,B+ community needs to be more organized regardless..i woulda won that tourney too btw da bess

tl;dr stop being selfish and think about people other than yourself,just because were playing a videogame doesnt mean you cant act like a regular human being

Last edited:

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Original tourney thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=276802

1: Holy ($180) - :metaknight: grats on first, bringing it back vs SG in 2sets was beast,thanks for actually trying to friendly me (L)
2: Swordgard ($90) - :popo:/:snake: good **** beating holy on brinstar in winners and ****** me badly when we played,i really need to change my playstyle vs ICs, r.i.p aggroknight
3: Hype ($30) - :metaknight: good stuff beating Doc and Phil,really impressive,look what not practicing gets you :p!
4: King Ace - :metaknight: good **** in teams, we work really well together, GTAs last line of defense vs MTL in doubles was successful:p
5: Silver Doc - :diddy:/:metaknight: sorry to hear about your money being stolen
5: Toronto Joe - :metaknight: <---nair oos
7: Mikey - :metaknight:/:marth: legend of mikey lolol good **** getting 7th your as good as tinman
7: Tin Man - :olimar:/:rob: good job hosting,despite the lack of order you did a good job man
9: Runawayfire - :falco: nice seeing you again,DUDE YOU GREW IDC LOL, gimme project M broski
9: Techiyo - :marth:/:metaknight: grats on top 10,nice meeting you,really good player!
9: Guard - :fox: awesome fox,canadian tkd right here,GGs throughout the day,the theory that all fox players are cool still holds stong, -humps leg-
9: Mar1 - :dk2:/:metaknight: that doop walk is legit lmao, ggs your really good
13: Sheep - :rob:/:metaknight: your placings are improving good stuff
13: Pho - :diddy: ggs in bracket
13: SRTM - :diddy: nice seeing you again YOU DIDNT SEE OR HEAR ANYTHING
13: Fashoomp - :dedede: nice seeing you
17: Looftwaffles - :marth: ggs
17: Ryan FW - :zerosuitsamus: good zamus man,**** riddler
17: Hells - :toonlink: nice playing you and meeting you
17: Inle - :marth:
and thanks alvin for driving me home and hosting...even though you ***** my curb LOL jks <333

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
B+ community needs to be more organized regardless..i woulda won that tourney too btw da bess
No disrespect to anyone but the Brawl+ setups are always provided by 5ive and myself, both of use bring 2-3 TVs each tourney and 1 Wii with Brawl+. We also get help through some people such as Marik, Looft, Fashoomp, Swiss, etc. as they bring their Wiis when they can. This tournament both of my TVs were taken for Brawl because the brawl community wasn't organized and brought like little to no TVs so as a result Brawl+ suffers (Tin Man steps up though :)). Joe if you want to be mad get mad at the Brawl community not the Brawl+ community cause we step up all the time (I even being a Brawl+ player host Brawl tourneys <_<).

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i wasnt mad at you guys,im sayingbe more organized if you didnt bring SD cards was the reason more setups werent used and if that wasnt the case then the tvs the brawl community provided should have been given to the brawl+ tourney once we were done,how did you manage to misread that into me being mad at the b+ community?

oh and another thing,you guys took a 1hour lunch break,and BLATANTLY didnt listen to tinmans orders, and GL telling me otherwise,your own member distructo even said when he called you and said tinman told you guys to hurry the **** up you all responded with and i quote "we dont care"

i have nothing against anyone in this scene,but im gonna start calling people out on **** that bothers me now cause its just irrating after a while

oh and i brought two tvs and wii,so i hope you werent referring to me as part of the whole brawl community needs to step up thing

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
shoutouts soon

so im just gonna adress some stuff about this tourney and things that bug the **** out of me in our scene

B+ community needs to be more organized regardless..i woulda won that tourney too btw da bess
Guess I misunderstood you, w/e.

Shoutouts later and Joe is right about the AC lol.

Top Bottom