• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lake Erie Summer, June 26th 2010, Parma, OH

King~

Smash Champion
Thanks for coming out guys

Singles:
1: King Beef ($93.50):peach::shiek:
2: Blue Rogue ($51.00):wario::popo:
3: Pops ($25.50):fox::dk2:
4: Jiffy:ness::warioc:
5: Sole:zerosuitsamus::snake:
5: Links24:toonlink:
7: Crum:marth:
7: The Keist:dedede::metaknight:
9: King~:pikachu2:
9: Vocal:olimar:
9: Harmonic Tunes:link2:
9: Auspher:wolf:
13: Virt:olimar:
13: Travis
13: Admiral
13: Tokarth:toonlink:
17: Gizmo:toonlink:

Doubles:
1: CANTON!!!(Blue & Jiffy) ($55.00)
2: SPAM!!!(Sole & Links) ($30.00)
3: Cinderela and the masked Rat(KB & King) ($15.00)
4: Team asian
5: The Furious Furries

fun times

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Good Stuff... KB...Keep it up pimp...

It takes a God Kai to bring down a God Kai...

Also, Where is the bracket image for this?

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
cool tourney.

Never got any money back for that WWF game ($1 lol) they never got working and UMK3 took over an hour to get working. I don't even know if they even got it working right. I said screw it and left. That's $5 right there for that.
Next one of these I'll just play Brawl.

King, the payout on teams was 60/40.
You gonna put pool images up as well?

Shoutouts maybe later tonight.

D

Deleted member

Some shoutouts:

1: King Beef - dude, your Peach was awesome to watch! That final was pretty **** intense, but you pulled through. Great job! Also, it was great having dinner with you and Lisa at Olive Garden!

2: Blue Rogue ($51.00) - Second, but still, you did pretty awesome. Your Wario is scary good, and I think the only thing that held you back from winning the Final was just nerves. Keep calm, and you'll win the next one!

3: Pops ($25.50):fox::dk2: ****, Pops. I knew I was screwed when I saw I had to fight you, lol. I need more practice against you one-on-one. Maybe at a future NEOH smashfest?

4: Jiffy:ness::warioc: It was good seeing you again! You should have come out to Olive Garden with us! Hopefully I'll see you again at a smashfest and we can play each other.

5: Sole:zerosuitsamus::snake: - You keep on getting better, Sole! Great job! I need to play you more for some Zero Suit experience.

5: Links24:toonlink: Nice to meet you! I'll see you soon at a smashfest?

7: The Keist:dedede::metaknight: You were pretty tough to fight, at least with my Pikachu and Lucas. I probably should have just tried using Wolf against your DeDeDe. The match-up is bad, but I probably could have put up more of a fight.

9: King~:pikachu2: Fierce fight on Pokemon Stadium! I could hardly touch your Pikachu. Good job!

9: Vocal:olimar: Dude...this was your first tournament? REALLY? Your Olimar is pretty awesome! I'll look forward to seeing it at the next tourney!

13: Virt:olimar: Wiehe! We all cheered you on! Good to see you come to this tournament! I had no idea you even lived up here, haha!

Team asian - PIRIN!!! Good to see you!! Also, I'm still bitter about your partner killing me with a BOMB. REALLY?!?!? Haha, great matches, though!

The Furious Furries - Rikku...we sucked. lol

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Thanks so much for coming out guys! Harmon and I really hope you guys liked the venue and had a great time. Let us know what else we can do to hype Smash up next go around. Thanks for making the drive out.

For the curious -- rest of the results:

Super Street Fighter 4 (60 players)
1.) Wolfkrone
2.) Carl "Perfect Legend"
3.) Jake "Toi Yet"
4.) Josh "Dark Raven"
5.) Brent "cheezface Immortal/Vega"
5.) Chat Thunder
7.) ShinLad
7.) Zack "Katamari"

Street Fighter II: HDR (16 players)
1.) Brent "cheezface Immortal/Vega"
2.) Brian "Pimp Sir Richard"
3.) Clem "Deadpool135"

Arcade NBA Jam (16 teams)
1.) Chris "Ghaleon" / John "Nash/sflegend"
2.) C-bus Tony / Nick "Lucky Day"
3.) Jason "Dandy J" / Brian "Pimp Sir Richard"
3.) Darren / Admiral Beeyotch

Tekken 6 (15 players)
1.) John "Nash/sflegend"
2.) Troy "Sakura Hotdogs"
3.) Ed "Sazabi/50 yen"

Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (10 players)
1.) Jake "Toi Yet"
2.) Alan "MvC2Fanatic"
3.) John "Nash/sflegend"

Arcade Super SF2 Turbo (8 players)
1.) Brent "cheezface Immortal/Vega"
2.) Chris "Ghaleon"
3.) Clem "Deadpool135"

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 (8 players)
1.) Chris "Ghaleon"
2.) Marques "Professor Rouse"
3.) Ed "Sazabi/50 yen"

Super SF4 Teams (22 teams)
1.) Jake "Toi Yet" / ShinLad
2.) Wolfkrone / Chat Thunder
3.) Parry All / FenGuard

Everything that was on the stream (non-Smash) was recorded and will be made available soon -- that includes SSF4, Marvel, SF2:HDR, UMK3 and even some NBA Jam.

Shouts later -- thanks so much everyone for coming, Harmon and I had a lot of fun running it. Fox&Hound is baby Momos.

btw since many people asked -- we love the venue, they loved us, and we will think about doing another in Sept. possibly (between C-bus Bar Battles 3 and Season's Beatings 5)

D

Deleted member

Ghaleon, it was great to see you, too! By the way, I stopped at P2W on the way home and Extreme was fixed.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
@Auspher: D'awwww thx lol :) I'm looking forward to seeing you as well, you have a way to Pittsburgh by any chance? I'm prob going to a tourney there on the 10th, it'd b sweet if you could make it

And thanks 2 everyone else, you're all cool people. Gotta say the experience was a lot more chill than I was expecting lol, hope I see some of you in the future (especially YOU Sole - soon as I learn that ZSS matchup you're in for it :laugh:)

Also: thx Keist and ~King, you guys were a great help at understanding how things actually work and helping me get acclimated, i really appreciate it

Rikku~

Smash Apprentice
Great job everyone, this was a blast! Though now I am really regretting bailing out on singles...

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!! :D

D

Deleted member

@Auspher: D'awwww thx lol :) I'm looking forward to seeing you as well, you have a way to Pittsburgh by any chance? I'm prob going to a tourney there on the 10th, it'd b sweet if you could make it
I don't think I'll be home. I'm going to Disney World in mid-July, and I might be leaving then.

I'm not sure what the tournament I'm gonna hit up next is....I am considering MLG Raleigh, though.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
@Auspher: Mad jealous, Disney is the place 2 b. Have fun!

And Keist used MK some, used him against me in the first round of matches

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Good **** KB!
Vocal good stuff for your first tourney, I failed hard my first tourney lol

Virt! Great to see you're still playing! Hopefully we'll make it to the same place sometime :D

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS!

Singles:
1: King Beef ($93.50):peach::shiek: --good stuff KB, you were really on top of your game in singles. I could tell in my match vs you. Congrats.

2: Blue Rogue ($51.00):wario::popo: --Shame you didn't win it. I was cheering for you. Everyone likes the underdog though. Always fun teaming with you.

3: Pops ($25.50):fox: :dk2: --I really was hoping you'd go Falcon on me again like you did in game 1 of pools. Always fun since you are so good with many characters.

4: Jiffy :ness2: :wario:

5: Sole:zerosuitsamus::snake: --GGs. Too close. If your Snake had more of a grab game you probably would've won. I had no fear of getting grabbed after the first game because they never came.

5: Links24:toonlink: --Hope to play you next time. We really only played those late "don't care much" friendlies.

7: Crum:marth: --Didn't speak much to you. We will have to play next time.

7: The Keist:dedede::metaknight: --Always a pleasure playing you. First game was too freaking cool. I have a tendancy to bring it back and win on you in game 1 scenerios it seems.

9: King~:pikachu2: --Thanks for hosting this. Hope to see you around soon.

9: Vocal:olimar: --Didn't get to play you. Welcome to offline tournies though. Hope you had fun.

9: Harmonic Tunes:link2: --Fun matches in pools. I underestimated you at first. That was a mistake that won't happen again. :p

9: Auspher:wolf: --Next time we see each other, we need to make it a point to play some friendlies. Nice seeing you.

13: Virt:olimar: --Didn't get to play you but I'll see you around.

13: Travis :peach: --GGs, your Peach will get there.

13: Admiral --Thanks for coming out, hope to see you again.

13: Tokarth:toonlink: --Didn't get to really talk to you :(

17: Gizmo:toonlink: --GGs, you seemed new to competitive smash but I hope you had fun.

DIDN'T ENTER SINGLES BUT SHOULD'VE: Rikku~ :lucario::yoshi2: --I hope to see you soon and like I said, Ness and Lucario is a fun team. Think about it. :p

Doubles:
1: CANTON!!!(Blue & Jiffy) ($60.00) CAN TON!!!
2: SPAM!!!(Sole & Links) ($40.00)
3: Cinderela and the masked Rat(KB & King)
4: Team asian
5: The Furious Furries (Auspher and Rikku)

Ghaleon

Smash Apprentice
Auspher, good seeing you too man. Keist, thanks for your feedback on the SRK thread.

If you guys have comments about improvements you'd like to see in the venue or in Smash, please post up -- we want everyone to be as happy as possible and improve the event as best we can. Thanks!

solecalibur

Smash Master
1: King Beef ($93.50):peach::shiek: - I saw you beat pops snake. =3 does that make my dacus happy snake better? You love my unorthodox play style and you know it
2: Blue Rogue ($51.00):wario::popo: IC dittos on RC ftw!
3: Pops ($25.50):fox::dk2: Didnt see you much but you beat crum .... with DK, I have so much more respect for you then you will understnad
4: Jiffy:ness::warioc: close games but you know zss and ness are better on teams =D
5: Sole:zerosuitsamus::snake: - oh looked your placing ok this tounry, should have probly beat jiffy but no johhhnnsss
5: Links24:toonlink: (- carried me most of the way as much as he didnt want to admit it, oh yeah dair is still banned!
7: Crum:marth: Happy birthday! (today) gratz on beating kyoshi and virt and beating me in a MK ditto :laugh:
7: The Keist:dedede::metaknight: Should probly get into tekken or at least get good at it so you can have a spar partner, see you the 10th of july
9: King~:pikachu2: Should have went metaknight against crum, if its that bad I dont understand but its your call >.>
9: Vocal:olimar: - improving after our pools match in bracket, you got more potential then me but I gotta give you some pointers with olimar because that character is a pain to learn on your own (im sure hilt will be of better help)
9: Harmonic Tunes:link2: - your toon link was better dont give me that >.>
9: Auspher:wolf: Nice seeing you and Helen at more tounrys, hopefully I'll get my place to host a tounry b4 we go back
13: Virt:olimar: Happy Birthday (today), Sorry for not rooting for you vs crum but the guy basicly lives with me in the summer, he would never stop bothering me about it
13: Travis - Good pools match
13: Admiral - dont think I remember seeing you
13: Tokarth:toonlink: - dont think i saw u
17: Gizmo:toonlink: - dont think i saw u

now back to playing pokemon ....

oh yeah video will be uploaded at
Youtube.com/solecalibur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFzKnYJbubA
thanks for the 100+ views already links

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Its neoh, we have soles?

Shoutouts later
rofl!! I love puns, and I actually made this same one in a different situation this past year :)

Good **** KB!
Vocal good stuff for your first tourney, I failed hard my first tourney lol

Virt! Great to see you're still playing! Hopefully we'll make it to the same place sometime :D
Thanks Hilt! I wanted to text you and let you know how things were going but my phone died before singles even began :ohwell:

Great job everyone, this was a blast! Though now I am really regretting bailing out on singles...

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon!! :D
You better enter next time, I'm expecting it! And you and Auspher oughta give the Furious Furries more real life practice lol, even if you switch up the team I'm sure you guys'll get better once you start playing more in person battles :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Thanks everyone for the props and stuff. <3

1: King Beef ($93.50):peach::shiek:
2: Blue Rogue ($51.00):wario::popo:- Great games in WF and GF. You really push me to be a better player and I appreciate it. :3
3: Pops ($25.50):fox::dk2:- Fun hangin out with you Pops; we need to get some smashfests going soon while you all are still here!
4: Jiffy:ness::warioc:- Thanks for the compliments bro. :)
5: Sole:zerosuitsamus::snake:- I still think your Snake is weird...xD
5: Links24:toonlink:- Keep that Toon Link up man, it's looking great.
7: Crum:marth:- Nice seeing you again.
7: The Keist:dedede::metaknight:- Keeeeeeeeist, love ya man!
9: King~:pikachu2:- Thanks for teaming man, I know our styles kinda clash but it was still fun.
9: Vocal:olimar:- It was nice meeting you. Great job at your first tourney!
9: Harmonic Tunes:link2:- Thanks for coming out.
9: Auspher:wolf:- It was awesome meeting and hanging with you and Helen. Good times were had, lol.
13: Virt:olimar:- GGs in singles.
13: Travis Thanks for coming out.
13: Admiral- Thanks for coming out.
13: Tokarth:toonlink:- Thanks for coming out.
17: Gizmo:toonlink:- Fun friendlies. Keep it up and I hope to see ya again.

I knew king beef was good in our friendly but not THIS good.

Great stuff kb. ;)
Thanks Lee. <3 We need to play some more at our next tourney.

I'm curious, how much Sheik KB?
Only in my second match against Jiffy against his Wario. I would've used her on Blue Rogue too but he has those pocket ICs... xD

Good stuff KB!

I need to see your Peach now! xD
Definitely! We need to hop on some wifi soon or something haha.

황미영

Smash Champion
Definitely! We need to hop on some wifi soon or something haha.
Yeah! We had an online tourney the other day on Gaia it started at like midnight and ended at 6AM! xDD It was redunkulous but fun. xD (I got third out of 7, losing to K9 and DC. He's soooooooo good now!)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah! We had an online tourney the other day on Gaia it started at like midnight and ended at 6AM! xDD It was redunkulous but fun. xD (I got third out of 7, losing to K9 and DC. He's soooooooo good now!)
That's cool, I'll have to pay a visit on there soon. It's been a long time lol.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Nice Job KB. Now I don't feel so bad for losing to you last weekend. Although getting timed out by a peach does feel like getting kicked in the nuts.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Top Bottom