• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game Underground Music and Gaming Festival results

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Brawl

1: Fatal
2: Cheese on bread (koolaid)
3: Soma
4: Fats
5: Julius
5: zorn
7: Lammy
7: Svfrey
9: Powah
9: Mafia
9: Shatz
9: Smo!
13: Jerry
13: Chase
13: Aids
13: DTCB
17: Patrick
17: jamess p
17: Jaffffey
17: naed
17: Tom L
17: Breeman
17: Mike
25: Morgan
25: Argot
25: Sean Moelk

Melee

1: Jman
2: gmoney
3: Th0rn
4: D1
5: djnintend
5: Banks
7: Jinjo
7: Dudutsai
9: Kyupuff
9: Tiiger
9: Solar
9: Slox
13: Diesel
13: DrTrent7
13: Doom
13: Wisp
17: Ted Khal
17: Spam
17: Zakk Hart

D1

Banned via Administration
Melee-I'm copying and pasting some of the shoutouts from SOTP cuz I'm lazy.

1: Jman-2 tournaments in one weekend good golly miss molly. Thanks for all the practice and the tips. Definitely appreciated it, and why are you so **** good w/ one move? F*CK! LOL @ you and Gmoney throwin your bills all over the parking lot after you guys left.

2: gmoney-yO you definitely beasteded at the tourney dude, thanks for the ride, the laughs, and more this whole weekend. Bumpin to mad music from the ride back from the tourney was mad fun. I wish we coulda stayed longer during Power Glove's performance.

3: Th0rn-Yo everyone was talkin about ur Falco on the ride back, we love your style of play man, its deifnitely mad fresh, and something new. Usually alotta ppl like to bite off of the FL Falcos, but you just bring your own style to the table and show that you definitely can be a contender with it as well. Such a smart player ggz btw! Thanks for all the friendlies yesterday, definitely was a pleasure playing w/ ya! Oh yeah and ggz!

4: D1-you did aight, but just keep practicing and you'll do better.

5: djnintendo-no more choking! I know you're beast, things just happen brah, at least the weekend was hella fun!

5: Banks-You're style is wild! Definitely a cool cat and great player as well! Banksyayogame50 in the FLESH! Yo when we were driving by the Maine car on the way to the other tourney when we heard, "Yo who's that white kid in your car?!" (referring to IrishMafia) we all started ROFLing mad hard. You definitely mad cool pplz. Thanks for playing Brawl and Melee friendlies w/ me as well!

7: Jinjo-We didn't talk much, but thanks for passing me my Black Yoshi! @ Mafia's!

7: Dudutsai-thanks being a cool cat regardless of me hating your style of play

9: Kyupuff-Stop lookin so mad all the time dude! Smile! Ggz as well! Don't worry about not doing well, just keep on practicing mang, some players take a while before they become **** trust me.

9: Tiiger-UPPERCUT!

9: Solar-Flare! You're definitely mad chill, ggz... I don't remember if we played in singles but ggz in friendlies though. Thanks for lettin me share the bed w/ ya no homo! Watchin u vs. Mofo @ Mafia's was hilarious too, Mofo's so nasty w/ Ness.

9: Slox-ggz in bracket bro! You're definitely mad cool too!

13: Diesel-Ganon/CF main? I believe we played in bracket before! Ggz yo!

13: DrTrent7-cool name

13: Doom-I thought you were the Brawl player

13: Wisp-y woods!

17: Ted Khal-I ran out of ideas.

17: Spam-Hey it was nice meetin ya! Plus your NY fitted was pretty ****! I respect all the girls that play this game, cuz there are guys out there that act like b*tches and complain Melee's too technical so they play Brawl instead. Well these girls are hardcore cuz they apparently aren't scared of tech skill.

17: Zakk Hart-didn't mean but yeah venue was pretty beast eh?

Shoutout to Solid Jake for letting me and DJN do commentary. Shoutout to Fatal and Koolaid ****** Brawl. I wanted to enter Brawl, but y'all ain't ready for that 08 Falco w/ a lil DEHF inspiration XD.

IrishMafia mail me my Yoshiiiiiiii or we can meet at a tournament and you can bring it ^_^_^? Thank sfor the housing dude! You da bess!

th0rn

Smash Lord
GGz everyone, pretty fun tourney.

Also, I'm pretty sure you are required to fill out a w-9 form for prize money only when your prize is over 600 dollars.

After experiencing GameUnicon and all, I felt pretty uncomfortable yesturday having a random guy, that no one knows, in my face telling me I need to give him my social security number or I couldn't get my grand total of 50 dollars.

Black Jinjo

Smash Apprentice
Wow, sounds like a scam to me. Wouldn't be surprised... lol. People like to do that kind of ****. I hope you didn't give him any information...

As for the tournament, the whole weekend was awesome, I had lots of fun. It's too bad we didn't have more of these back to back events going on... I'll post some shoutouts later on this week. GGs to everyone though!

So Fatal

Smash Master
sigh. Playing video games for money is consided Gambiling in Massachusetts which is ILLEGAL , so the money was guaranteed by showcase live. so to make it legal, they had to be taxed and stuff

S l o X

Smash Champion
good **** i love everyone.

lol i played jman in bracket at SOTP and this 2nd round and in pools at sotp

<3 jman. (i want to 1$mm your shiek / marth one of these days even tho you won't see this and i'll tell you the next time i see you)

The Irish Mafia

shoutouts looool:

All of NY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU1l8_ZpQbU
G$: good times in the g whip
DJN: thanks for friendlies etc
Jman: lol 2222good
DEE ONE: fun matches, we gotta play more next time. get at the kid

Th0rn: good friendlies, thanks for the advice, I feel moderately better at the game now
Bank$: herp derp fun playing you
Diesel: POPEYE COMBO
Solar: We didn't play much, I promise no one is ****ting on your ballsack, no need to ask about it so much
Maine in general: ****

Sai: **** you and your last 10 second rests, peach camping the ledge *****
Andy: dat ain't camping, good ****
Jinjo: lol marf
Slox: FAWXXX

idk good **** other people

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I'm not trolling, I think I actually made about the same amount of money. 6 hours @ 8.50 an hour = $51.

Yo Sai shutuplol

Also I haven't played since MM20. That's a month ago now?

D1

Yo Fatal besides you, and Kool-aid, who else was a threat? I was contemplating entering Brawl singles ^_^.

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much for coming guys! It was incredible! I hope we can do another one in the Winter!

They made the bands fill out W-9s as well I think they were just making sure everything was legit... Don't worry Showcase Live is a huge, huge company and are on the level. I will see if I can do something different next time. I kinda wanted them to have me fill out the W-9 for me and then pay everyone but I'm not sure.

I thought this was an awesome event! I am so happy so many players came out.

Any suggestions for the next event there?

My goals:

Bigger guaranteed pot- likely a $10 venue fee + entrance for individual tournaments... people seem to like this better. I would like to say there is $500-$1000 in the tournament already and have some or all of the entrance going toward it.

Less Bands- 4 was too many... I think the next one we may have either no bands and do 1 major tournament with huge money and 1 with bands OR have like 2 bands instead.

What do you think?

Thanks again what a great day!

S l o X

Smash Champion
Melee
1: Jman :fox:
2: gmoney :marth: :falco:
3: Th0rn :falco:
4: D1 :fox:
5: djnintendo :fox: (other characters)
5: Banks :shiek:
7: Jinjo :marth:
7: Dudutsai :jigglypuff:
9: Kyupuff :popo:
9: Tiiger :falcon:
9: Solar :fox: :peach:
9: Slox :fox: :falco:
13: Diesel :ganondorf:
13: DrTrent7
13: Doom
13: Wisp :falco:
17: Ted Khal
17: Spam
17: Zakk Hart :mario:
characters. not even sure if G$ played Falco in bracket.

Unzorn

Smash Rookie
So Fatal and Koolaid, you guys are on a completely different level from me...
Still, I'm pretty glad at my placement :bee:

Banks

Smash Hero
shouts

1: Jman - we have the same hand injuries
2: gmoney - if you hadn't practiced on that cpu bowser you wouldn't have done this good
3: th0rn - nice brah
4: D1 - close set, i hate fox. next time i'ma have to go wild with the cp shiz
5: djnintendo - **** too good with too many chars. gotta play more
5: Banks - top 5 dead or alive
7: Jinjo - goood job beasting, keep up the ****. 7th place is p. chill
7: Dudutsai - thanks for not camping, fun friendlies. i gotta stop grabbing
9: Kyupuff - peach sucks, you got set up by the peach lord
9: Tiiger - hope you had fun and keep going to stuff. pretty good falcon so far
9: Solar - yayuhz, good stuff with the pecha at dis
9: Slox - fun friendlies, i like playing people who use lots of diff stuff.(chickin fingers 4 lyfe)
13: Diesel - u keep getting better broseph, the ganon and falcon are deadly, and the fox is getting rowdy
13: Doom - good set, that **** was cash
17: Spam - nice to see you, we should play

fatal - thanks for playing me in brawl, your snake is a blazing flurry of death
irish mafia, thanks for the housing and fun friendlies <3

GU/Jamie - thanks for running this. aside from not being able to leave even to the parking lot without a chaperone (lol), this was a **** good time.

GREENTHUMB

Smash Apprentice
will dj nintendo ever break 5th even in small local tourneys!?!?!

doubt it

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
Thanks a lot for holding this Jamie. For the next one it would be nice if we were more spread out if possible (I know the venue looked pretty full already). There were enough set-ups, but only two people could fit at each set-up and it felt kinda cramped along that wall.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
I think that's on facebook only. I just tagged you.

When I get a chance i'll put it on Youtube in HD

I'm really backed up on things right now though, I apologize!

GameUnderground

Smash Journeyman
Thanks a lot for holding this Jamie. For the next one it would be nice if we were more spread out if possible (I know the venue looked pretty full already). There were enough set-ups, but only two people could fit at each set-up and it felt kinda cramped along that wall.
Cool thanks for coming!

I will try to work on it for next time! I think I may spread the Setups to the floor if we don't have any bands next time.

Top Bottom