• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Share a Trick!

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
This thread is super easy, just pop in and throw in a one-liner of any trick you come up with. Any little known Peach fact, any little match-up trick. The most useful will be added to this OP. Only rule is that you have to format everything you post with this: DID YOU KNOW?

Inspired by this thread from the G&W boards: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=255023

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
DID YOU KNOW?
If these characters usmash your shield, you can drop your shield and usmash them back?

• Diddy Kong
  • Falco
  • Fox
  • Ice Climbers
  • Jigglypuff
  • Lucas
  • Ness
  • Squirtle
  • Shiek
You can also drop shield and usmash these attacks in return:

• Snake's utilt and third jab
  • Donkey Kong's Side-B
  • Ice Climber's Squall Hammer, Forward, Up, and Down Smash (they can't smash your shield without dying!)
  • Lucario's Forward and Down smash (at low aura)
  • Marth's Shield Breaker (yikes!)
  • Wario's Forward or Down smash

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
DID YOU KNOW?

In doubles, that if you the peach upthrows, and your partner footstools them somewhat after the throw, you get a free sweetspotted upsmash? =D

30...moar....posts

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
DID YOU KNOW?
That if you pivot grab with Peach, her grab range is extended? It's neat-o-rific! :D

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
DID YOU KNOW?

When you start at the very edge of Battlefields top platform, you are able to turnip cancel 2 or eveb 3 times in quick succession?

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
DID YOU KNOW?
That in case of a time-out emergency, on Battlefield from the top platform using jumps, float, Toad, and the open Parasol, you can stall for a full 15 seconds before dying (or ideally, before winning via time-out).

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
DID YOU KNOW?
That if Peach teams with a Pikachu, she has a guaranteed sweetspot u-smash off of his f-throw at any percent with just a bit of necessary timing?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
DID YOU KNOW?
That using a backwards Fair to followups is cool mix-up I made up for approaching opponents :p

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
DID YOU KNOW?
That Peach's jab clashes with Snake's jab/d-tilt/f-tilt/u-tilt and repeated jabbing will beat his next buffered tilt to the punch? In other words...she has a frame advantage against Snake with just her jab!

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
DID YOU KNOW?

If you Z-Drop and catch Turnips with Aerials rather than using Aerials while floating to keep yourself from using Turnips, you make your usage of Turnips and Aerials less predictable. This may help with approaches or maybe even just mixing things up.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
DID YOU KNOW?

That if you push backwards off a ledge and immediately toad, you will grab the ledge while preserving your float? giving you a different way of refreshing your Invincibility frames on the ledge for interesting edgehogs?

Metatitan

Smash Master
Did You Know?

Peach can hit yoshi out of an Edge Canceled Egg by running off the stage and N/Bairing? That is, if you're fast enough to do this before the egg comes out.

aaaaand

Did You Know?

That on Smashville if you find yourself stuck on the ledge you can full hop-> double jump onto the moving platform?

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Did You Know?

That holding your shield button while "crow hopping" and landing on the ground while a projectile reaches you will result in a perfect guard? :D (I do it on Falco haha)

DID YOU KNOW?
I know nothing about peach?

You can B-reverse toad after knockback to come back to the stage backwards so that you can use Bair.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
DID YOU KNOW?

that peach is probably one of the only characters with 4 trump cards up her sleeve? (Beam Sword, Bomb, Mr. Saturn, and Stitchface)

White-Peach

Smash Ace
DID YOU KNOW?

That there are 8 minutes in an official match, and yet it is very infrequent that all of the time is used? If you combine the negative statement "Peach can't kill" with the positive statement "Peach is very safe" and apply it along 8 minutes, you stay safe and kills come by "accident." Instead of thinking of it as timing someone out (STIGMA), think of it as "8 minutes of playing safely, which my character excels at."

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
DID YOU KNOW?

That on the Brawl Vault, Peach has the most pages of textures available for characters with a number of 11 pages? Thats roughly 25 textures per each page? Thats around 275 peach textures! Wow!

Nicole

Smash Champion
DID YOU KNOW?

- If your opponent is shielding really close to the edge, you can throw a turnip to knock them off the stage and they'll helplessly get hit by your fair/nair. I learned this from Snakes who nair while I'm near the edge - the first few hits of his nair will knock you offstage, even if you're shielding, and he'll hit you with the last one and ****ing destroy you 'cause he's snake. But Peach can do this too! Especially if you have a fairly strong turnip.

- Don't fight Sonics on Yoshi's Island. Just trust me.

- You can dair a fat character (such as DDD, ROB, etc) and miss with your last hit of dair. If they're trying to SDI out of your dair (as I suspect they are), you can take advantage of this. Miss with your last hit of dair and get to the ground as fast as you can. Then Usmash. They won't be prepared. Doesn't work on characters like Olimar who just SDI to the ground.

- Jab, wait for the spotdodge, and pivot grab. Run up to someone, wait for the spotdodge, and pivot grab. Doesn't work as well on characters like Marth/MK, who have UpB OOS, or Falco who just thinks, hurp derp, I'll just PHANTASM YAAAAYYYYY.

- Peach's edgeguarding is ****in' broken in Melee.

clowsui

Smash Legend
DID YOU KNOW?
That Peach's jab clashes with Snake's jab/d-tilt/f-tilt/u-tilt and repeated jabbing will beat his next buffered tilt to the punch? In other words...she has a frame advantage against Snake with just her jab!
wait a second

peach's jab is frame 2 and has same range/priority as falco's?

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
sonic on delphino is gay too. he'll just try to time u out.

hmm a guess a nice trick would be baiting dairs. a lot of the time when i hit w/ dair ppl expect the uair string so they just mash down hoping i screw up. if it's a floaty char that won't get too ***** by the string then u cud just shield and follow up with anything or space a charged fsmash.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
lol i just notice that when i dair ppl they expect the uair string so a lot of ppl with good dairs like ness/marth/oli just try to fastfall dair me and hope i **** up the string but now i guess i can just watch them whiff y'kno?

Xyless

Smash Master
Hold on, Meno. I can translate, I learned that language a while ago.

DID YOU KNOW?

sonic on delphino is gay too. he'll just try to time u out.

hmm a guess a nice trick would be baiting dairs. a lot of the time when i hit w/ dair ppl expect the uair string so they just mash down hoping i screw up. if it's a floaty char that won't get too ***** by the string then u cud just shield and follow up with anything or space a charged fsmash.
There. That took me, like, a month to translate to the DYK language.

And to FINALLY respond to that post, Sonic will try to time you out on any stage. It's Sonic.

Top Bottom