• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NomNomNom - New Orleans, La - Lee Martin, Reflex, Gnes, Razer, Trela, oh my!

-Ran

Smash Master
Other Louisiana rules that didn't fit on the flier.
-Bring Your Own Controller
-Advanced Slob Picks
-Stage Striking for first pick
-Stage Bans: Each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: A player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in a set
-Suicide Rule: For Ganon and Bowser, it will always count as a win. For everyone else, a definite win or loss means a win or loss. Sudden Death means the person who initiated the suicide move gets the win.
-Team Color Rule: If a team has Lucario or Sonic on it, they get to be blue.
-Team ports will be 1221. Play R-P-S or flip a coin to decide if there is a disagreement.
-R-P-S for port priority.
-No infinites past 300%
-Ledge grab limit is 40

CODESETS:

The following SD Card codes will be used in these events and there will be a Custom Character Select Screen in order to be sure that the codes are working properly. Click the link below to access these code.

-No Tripping
-Infinite Replay

Louisiana General Melee Ruleset
4 stock
8-min. time limit
Items set to "None"
Best 2 of 3 games
Double Elimination Bracket -

Game 1 is played on one of the starter stages. At this time, both players stage strike, meaning that each one of you eliminates one stage until one is left, then you play on that stage.

Game 2 starts the counterpick system in a sense if you so choose. It goes like this: Loser of Game 1 chooses the next stage for Game 2, then the winner of Game 1 picks his/her character, then the loser of Game 1 picks his/her character. Game 2 then begins. The process for Game 3 is the same if the match gets to it.

When Game 2 starts, both players each get one stage ban, meaning whatever stage a person decides to ban, that stage cannot be picked for the duration of the match.

Extra rules

- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Dave's Stupid Rule is applied - A player may not pick a stage that he/she has already won on.
- Ties are broken by stocks, then percentage.

Facebook Event: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=133788153317775

Last event entrees:
Melee - 25
Brawl: - 31

Facebook Count:
Confirmed: 20
Maybe: 19
Not yet answered: 40

Brawl - 32
Lee Martin
Hyro
Vaughn
Battou
Jnig
Ran
Arcadia
Jiovanni
Mankosuki
Ruse
Rice
Skater
Kingdom Come
Ken
Cloud520
Savon [Maybe]
Kola [Maybe]
Reflex [Maybe]
Rocket Trainer [Maybe]
Player-4 [Maybe]
Xyro
Trela
Gnes
Ultimate Razer
Esca
Flounda
Fang
Nickels
Curlz
CJ
Fakegeorge
Zakosai

Melee - 31
Lee Martin
Ran
Ken [ISBS]
Tim
Ricky
Ryan
Vaughn
Wiggins
Kerry
Chadly
Pritch
Pierre
Everypower [Maybe]
Mankosuki
Ruse
Rice
Jiovanni
Wes
Patrick
Nick
Matt
Ben
Taylor
Freddy
John
DM
dilling
Velox
Cyphus
Zakosai
Tyler

States Coming?!
Texas
Florida
Alabama

Housing?
Jnig/Arcadia = Four People. First come, first serve.
Ran = Five, already taken. Xyro's Car pool.

Information about the Venue:
Dibbz is a Lan Center that has food [sells Dominos pizza], drinks, and video games. The prices are all incredibly fair for everything.

1 hour: $4.00
3 hours: $10.00
5 hour: $15.00 - $3/hour
10 hours: $25.00 - $2.5/hour
15 hour: $30.00 - $2/hour
Day Pass (11am-10pm):
Friday-Sunday: $20.00

Also, you can trade in games for money/time credit.
-Store Credit: 100% of used value
-Cash: 50% of used value
-Dibbz Time: 150% of used value (BEST DEAL)

Curlz

Smash Lord
This is the same day as a friend's birthday, so I'm not sure if Lafayette will be able to make it.

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
Ran lmao. Put the location in the title plz. NomNomNom just sounds crazy.

ex. Nom #3 New Orleans, LA Dibbz Pc Cafe or something.

-Ran

Smash Master
Okay honey.

I talked to Mike, and we'll probably be able to do a live stream or two if it doesn't effect their bandwidth. I'll run a few tests this week, I just need a splitter for my setup.

-Ran

Smash Master
Awesome Mankosuki, we haven't seen you guys in awhile. I need to get my hype machine running and try to get Melee to 30 people, and Brawl to 40. Do you happen to know who will be coming from what from Florida?

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Yo, I'm definitely coming to this. How many people usually show up to the tournies? And, how many qualify for the actual tournament and how many would you expect in the amateur?

Sorry if I'm asking too many questions. The idea of a tournament where I have a legit shot actually really excites me, the amateur tourny that is.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Lol you can't even make it to Hobos, how are you getting to an OoS tourney?

Anyways, I'm sure Houston would be interested in this. We'll probably have a pool coming down.

-Ran

Smash Master
Yo, I'm definitely coming to this. How many people usually show up to the tournies? And, how many qualify for the actual tournament and how many would you expect in the amateur?.
Well, everyone is going to be in the actual tournament. The bottom half of the bracket will be placed into the Amateur bracket. The last event had 31 Brawl, and 25 Melee players. This will be bigger.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol you can't even make it to Hobos, how are you getting to an OoS tourney?
kingdom come, you'd drive 6 hours for a free bracket? :o
I got some family that live down there so I might be down there anyway. Lol at y'all thinking I'm weird.

Well, everyone is going to be in the actual tournament. The bottom half of the bracket will be placed into the Amateur bracket. The last event had 31 Brawl, and 25 Melee players. This will be bigger.
Ok, cool.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I love the Amateur bracket. However, I'm not sure if everyone in it will be "motivated" to play in it since it's free.

In San Antonio we run these at every event now (we usually make the cutoff at 9th or 13th place from the singles bracket, giving the 4 ppl in that place the top seeds). However, we have a prize for the winner which is the entrance fee for singles. In this case that's $5. It may not seem much but for everyone who's used to spending money at tournies only to get knocked out early, the idea of making the drive back home and breaking even is very welcoming.

If the event is free, there's that chance that people just would rather play friendlies and forfeit. (that's not always the case, but I've seen it happen multiple times)

Still, Amateur Bracket is a very fun idea if there's time to run it.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Assuming I don't go to Apex, I would probably go to this...

-Ran

Smash Master
Fantastic. It also looks that Alabama [Reflex and Kola] has expressed interest in coming. NomNomNom is going to be amazing.

Ruse

Fox
Yo Pensacola was talking about attending this today.

Possible bada**es coming: Rice aka Too Good For Words, Manko aka The Cat Stroker, Skater aka Skater Sucks, and Ruse aka The F***ing Hurricane O-Rama Too Drunk Too High Tripping Balls Stepping On Balls B****-Mofo Cool Guy.

Probably all for Brawl and Melee, except Skater. He doesn't like to l-cancel.

-Ran

Smash Master
If this tournament continues to grow in size, ie if Gnes, Razer, and a few others decide to come from Texas. I'm going to up the Brawl entry fee to 10 dollars.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Ran, I wont be able to make it to this most likely, so advertise for Tasol while I'm not there. <3

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
You should puut the date in the title?

also i do suck But check me out in melee(sometimes)boyyyyyyy

put brawl singles at 10 and keep melee at 5 :D

Ruse

Fox
The only reason it should be $5 is to bring in scrubs, which I dunno if you guys are doing or not.

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Lafayette should have more melée players this time?
Ryan, wes, Patrick and I again for sure.
Possibly nick, Matt, and Maybe ben.
Whatever, I'm not letting that scrub lee Martin take 1st place again. <3

rice should bring drummuh with his pretty eyelashes

ChKn

Smash Ace
Put me down as a maybe. I'm gonna have to find a way to drag my *** over there.

-Ran

Smash Master
Guys, you have NO idea how hard I pimped this at Hobo. So far it looks like Xyro, Trela, Razer, Gnes, P4, RT, and others are coming. The tournament for Brawl will be increased to 10 dollars due to this, and the addition of Brawl teams will most likely occur.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
IM gonna go ahead and officially confirm myself for this until my mom says i cant go(which will be the night before lol)

seems like this will be pretty hype hmm.
Pcola comin in full force

IShouldBeStudying

Smash Apprentice
Rice has the perfect team combo with drummuh. He gets drummuh to stand there batting those eyelashes so rice's apponent can't concentrate on melée.
I know the secret to beating rice... Play him blind folded!!

Ruse

Fox
Rice has the perfect team combo with drummuh. He gets drummuh to stand there batting those eyelashes so rice's apponent can't concentrate on melée.
I know the secret to beating rice... Play him blind folded!!
I thought it was because Drumma gave him back massages during matches. He gets so excited that he just ***** everyone.

Curlz

Smash Lord
Lafayette will be there. So that's Flounda, Fang, Nickels, and me. We're all for sure coming and we'll have a setup with us.

Top Bottom