• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

OUGA Going to Game 3! : August 20th,21st,22nd : NewSchedule!Brawl- ,SSFIV ,BlazblueCS

Status
Not open for further replies.

solecalibur

Smash Master
OUGA Going to Game 3!

Van Vorhes
Athens, Ohio

Problem reaching this destination please call me at 4405228102

Rooming :
We have never had any issues with rooming and will be able to room anyone in the class rooms! (I recommend a sleeping bag)

Schedule :

Friday Aug 20th:
Doors open 8 pm (Do not be early there are normally other classes or other clubs that might be in the room before)
Brawl Minus starts 9pm
After Winners Semi-Finals Of brawl - begins. Blazblue CS Registration begins and starts immediately after

Saturday Aug 21st :

Wake up call : 10 am
Doubles Registration : 11 am
Doubles Start : Noon
Singles Registration / Super Street Fighter IV Registration: ~2:30pm
Singles Poolz : 3 pm
Lunch / Dinner brake : 5 pm
Super Street Fighter IV Bracket Begins : 5:30 pm
Singles Brackets begin : 6pm

Sunday
Venue closes - 3 pm

Pay outs :
Brawl Singles :
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

Brawl Doubles :
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Brawl- Tounry :
1st. 60%-$1
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%
4th. $1

Prices :
Free Venue
Free Casual
$1 Brawl-
10$ Singles
10$ Doubles, ($20 Total for Team)

Brawl Rules :
Singles and Doubles
* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Nope's No Bs Rule : By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stage list :

Neutrals :
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Delfino
Pokémon Stadium 1
Castle Siege

Counter Picks :

Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion (pipes)
Port Town Aero Dive

It is OUGA tradition to keep these liberal stages, take it or leave it

Brawl Minus Rules and Stages :
TBA , but we are going to need homebrew wiis and SD cards to edit to go with them as we will be using custom stages like Saffron City ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0au70b0Vt20 ) , I also might be adding a pot bonus so hype this tounry a bit more

Street Fighter IV Rules
Winner must Stay character, but may change Ultras.
Best of 3 Rounds, 99 Seconds.
Simple enough lol

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
OKAY I MIGHT COME TO THIS SINCE I HAVE A PLACE TO STAY N WHATNOT : D
But I'm not sure yet.
But still. Epiccccc.

solecalibur

Smash Master
We can potentially have Super Street Fighter IV and Blazblue (the new one) on Friday since those tounrys normally go fast anyways

just to keep in mind for our casual =)

jkbbabione

Smash Apprentice
I STRONGLY doubt that I can make this but I'll see what I can do. I haven't been able to go to any irl tourneys yet, so a 3 hour drive may be troublesome. But then, I may have my license by this point which may make my attendance an actual possibility.

solecalibur

Smash Master
We do plan on having venue friday and saturday night and sunday til 3pm as usual (you can sleep at the venue for free)

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
lol interesting stage list

i might be able to come so subscribe for now

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Incredible name incredible stage list XD
would love to see more neutrals, though, especially with how big the CP list is :X

We'll see what we can do, making it out here

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Jkbabioneshamallamadingdong just linked me to this. I'll try to get work off and bring NW Ohio if they wanna go. Free housing is legit. :D

School starts on the 23rd for me though. *cries a river*

D

Deleted member

I may or may not be able to make it to this tournament.

Kel

Smash Master
Can someone copy and past or quote the OP? I have put sole on my ignore list due to his sig always making my browser run slow >=(

clowsui

Smash Legend
OUGA Going to Game 3!

Van Vorhes
Athens, Ohio

(Problem reaching this destination please call me at 440-522-8102)

Rooming :
We have never had any issues with rooming and will be able to room anyone in the class rooms! (I recommend a sleeping bag)

Schedule :
Friday Aug 20th:
Doors open 8 pm (Do not be early there are normally other classes or other clubs that might be in the room before)
Casual event starts 9pm

Saturday Aug 21st :

Wake up call : 10 am
Doubles Registration : 11 am
Doubles Start : Noon
Singles Registration : ~2:30pm
Singles Poolz : 3 pm
Lunch / Dinner brake : 5 pm
Registration for Brawl - : 5:30 pm
Singles Brackets begin : 6pm
Brawl- Starts : 5:30pm

Sunday
Venue closes - 3 pm

Pay outs :
Brawl Singles :
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%

Brawl Doubles :
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

Brawl- Tounry :
1st. 60%-$1
2nd. 30%
3rd. 10%
4th. $1

Prices :
Free Venue
Free Casual
$1 Brawl-
10$ Singles
10$ Doubles, ($20 Total for Team)

Brawl Rules :
Singles and Doubles
* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* Nope's No Bs Rule : By participating in this tournament you give the Tournament Operator and their affiliates the right to film, photograph and record your name, nickname, pseudonym, persona, picture, biographical material, voice and/or likeness and to use the same in any manner or media in connection with the Event to broadcast, reproduce, distribute and exhibit such photographs and/or recordings, in any manner whatsoever, by any and all means, media, devices, processes and technology now or hereafter known or devised anywhere in the universe at anytime in perpetuity.

* Iggy's Stupid Rule: You may not pause the match yourself. If you absolutely need to pause, it must be done so at the consent of your opponent.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental interference and delay for tournament matches.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stage list :

Neutrals :
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Battlefield
Lylat Cruise

Counter Picks :

Castle Siege
Halberd
Delfino
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Pictochat
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pirate Ship
Rainbow Cruise
Norfair
Distant Planet
Luigi's Mansion (pipes)
Port Town Aero Dive

It is OUGA tradition to keep these liberal stages, take it or leave it

Brawl Minus Rules and Stages :
TBA , but we are going to need homebrew wiis and SD cards to edit to go with them as we will be using custom stages like Saffron City ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0au70b0Vt20 ) , I also might be adding a pot bonus so hype this tounry a bit more
Sole, your sig is garbo.

10garbos

solecalibur

Smash Master
Can someone copy and past or quote the OP? I have put sole on my ignore list due to his sig always making my browser run slow >=(
Clowsui tell him I'm removing it now, He didnt tell me it was because of that

solecalibur

Smash Master
Incredible name incredible stage list XD
would love to see more neutrals, though, especially with how big the CP list is :X

We'll see what we can do, making it out here
That is what is up for discussion on OUGA
a lot of things are subject to change but I was wondering how many Setups COULD you bring with homebrew?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Our causal will be Super Street Fighter IV

We would like to ask what system would you guys prefer (who has most set ups)? Half of OUGA pretty much owns the 360 version and the other half the ps3 version

I've seen most communities have the 360 version and use their adapter (normally all have sticks) but its your guys call!

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
Aw, isn't the new Blazblue already out or going to be out by then? Someone should bring it.
And more starters!

solecalibur

Smash Master
who are you coming with th3 composer? we need some #s from everyone, we have a good amount of ppl coming so far but I need to get a number crunch to double check what we need

also
BRING SETUPS PS3 and WIIs

Tvs also

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom