• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Souper Bowl 7/18 SUNDAY. Lowell, MA. Brawl, Melee, Brawl+. Melee now starting at 1pm

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
Date:Sunday, July 18, 2010
Time: 10:30am - 11:30pm
Street: 1733 Middlesex Street
City/Town: Lowell, MA

**Please note: Due to the high turnout for Brawl players, we need your help with additional setups. Please consider volunteering your Wii for the day. We will waive your venue fee! That is a zero venue fee for merely letting us use your wii for the duration of the event.**

ALSO IF YOU HAVE A WII SETUP MAKE SURE ALL STAGES AND CHARACTERS ARE UNLOCKED. VENUE FEE WILL NOT BE WAVED FOR A USELESS WII!

TVs too.

- $5 Venue fee (SPECTATORS FREE)
- $5 Singles fee
- $10 2v2 fee ($5 a player)
- Bring your own controller (Then keep an eye on it!)

1st Prize: 60% of pot
2nd Prize: 30% of pot
3rd Prize: 10% of pot

Double Elimination (winners bracket and losers bracket)
All matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of winners, losers, and grand finals which are best 3 out of 5.

---------Schedule :----------
Setup 10am - Setup begins and Registration begins for all tournaments.
Brawl Teams 12pm sharp - not waiting for people again. get there on time or else.
(note that rest will occur after previous event comes to an end)
Brawl Doubles / Melee Doubles
Brawl Singles / Melee Singles
Brawl + Doubles
Brawl + Singles

6 Great Events for all to enjoy and have a good time!

Brawl+ Wiis should go to http://www.smashmods.com/forum/page/bpdownload.html and make sure they have updated to the latest version. If you have not updated in a couple weeks, please run the updater. The easiest way to do this is to choose the automatic installation for Windows, and it will automatically install the necessary files onto your SD card.

Also due to many who came last time who were not entirely ready for brawl + i suggest heading over to that site and getting b+ set up. On top of that feel free to talk to the irc chat there or any of us if you have any question.

FACEBOOK LINK: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php?eid=133089023375808&ref=ts

I'm not going to post any rules since I'm lazy. If you have any particular questions about rules just ask. I'm technically not running the tourney so I don't know ALL the answers, but I'll try my best.

If all goes well I'll be running Melee though. Probably at the same time as Brawl. I might be able to up the singles fee to $10 if need be. I'm fine with $5 though.

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
i will be going again. i want to do better. darc must be beaten.
i mean that in the kindest way possible though...

:)

i havent played you yet...

:(

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
Lmaooo fyi first for the last brawl was like 21$ i think
if we get more people to come, the prize money would increase too! so hopefully these tournaments start getting more popular. i want to play melee with more people.

Allied

Smash Master
Confirm setups as soon as possible with darc. Btw this is Skippy hacking allied's account. Darc lets have at least enough setups exclusively for melee by the 10th?

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
darc hosting a tourney in MA? i guess maine used to be called MA so w/e

i'll be going!!

dazzy - kirby v fox mm?
Fun Fact: For a long time, Maine was part of MA. Not kidding. Look it up.

Also, assuming I have time (and $10), I'll be there.

Assuming that, I'll bring at least one Melee Setup (cause Brawl is no fun, and I'm not wasting money on a Wii for a game I'll never play).

Also, yayyyyyyyyy. :D

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
if we get more people to come, the prize money would increase too! so hopefully these tournaments start getting more popular. i want to play melee with more people.
duh... oh and 3 extra people wouldn't matter ;)

real talk yo I'll be going to this with a TV/Wii/Brawl+Melee copy

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
duh... oh and 3 extra people wouldn't matter ;)

real talk yo I'll be going to this with a TV/Wii/Brawl+Melee copy
my point is, if those 3 people get 3 other people to come, and those 3 people bring 3 more people, etc etc, it WOULD matter.
it probably wont get real popular real fast, but i just want more people to come, even if it's just 3 more people haha. there arent a lot of tournaments (or players) in/near Lowell so i just meet and play as much people as i can whenever they're around here.

glad to know you're coming though! hopefully we'll get to play each other!

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
glad to know you're coming though! hopefully we'll get to play each other!
I assume you're referring to Melee... I don't play Melee, unfortunately. Like, I played it with my little cousins all the time; but I never played competitively and didn't know about Melee tournaments until AFTER Brawl release. I never really practiced Melee and my techskill has been terribad in it. Since I play Brawl, my feeling for Melee would obviously diminish drastically... and has been diminishing.

But maybe I can learn the feeling of Melee at this tourney. I assume Jiggs is the easiest character to use that doesn't require wavedashing/all that ****? Marth + Shiek are probably easiest overall, but require tech stuff :(

Oh hi Darc

Edit: Btw if you're talking Brawl then sure we can play HAHAHA

Blanky

Smash Journeyman
I assume you're referring to Melee... I don't play Melee, unfortunately. Like, I played it with my little cousins all the time; but I never played competitively and didn't know about Melee tournaments until AFTER Brawl release. I never really practiced Melee and my techskill has been terribad in it. Since I play Brawl, my feeling for Melee would obviously diminish drastically... and has been diminishing.

But maybe I can learn the feeling of Melee at this tourney. I assume Jiggs is the easiest character to use that doesn't require wavedashing/all that ****? Marth + Shiek are probably easiest overall, but require tech stuff :(

Oh hi Darc

Edit: Btw if you're talking Brawl then sure we can play HAHAHA
awww **** yeah i play melee, but i actually started playing brawl competitively before switching to melee so i know a thing or two! maybe i'lll do a couple of brawl friendlies!

xHayatox

Smash Lord
you 1 2 play me or whoop my ars?! the last time we played you beasted me every game i did not win once :( lol hes goot.. hes reallll goooot.

Mokumo

Smash Ace
ill try to go, and at best i can bring two people. so if everyone else you pmed brings at least two people, we should have at least 60 heads! which is twice as much as 30 =)

and i got dat melee setup

thisll be good maybe i can get some darc practice

Allied

Smash Master
Skippy again, changes made.

---------Schedule :----------
Setup 10am - Setup begins and Registration begins for all tournaments.
Brawl Doubles 12pm sharp - not waiting for people again. get there on time or else.
Melee Doubles 1pm
Brawl Singles/ Melee Singles (As soon as their respective doubles event is done)
Brawl + Doubles
Brawl + Singles

Top Bottom