• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamingetc Tourney #3 - Results 7/3/10

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Singles:

1: Ninjalink
(split)
2: Ling Ling
(split)
3: Bizkit

4: TeeVee

5: Vinnie

5: Will

7: Bloodcross

7: Prawn

9: Tymer
9: Tempest
9: Kiwi
9: Cheese
13: Hotdog Turtle
13: Soray
13: Vermanubis
13: Cnl
17: Pro

Bracket Image:

Doubles:

1: TeeVee + Blackanese
2: Anti + Fire
3: Will + Ninjalink
4: Bizkit + Ling Ling
5: Tymer + Kiwi
5: Cheese + Vinnie
7: Pane + Nightmare

Bracket Image:

Thanks to NY for coming. Could have had a better attendance though, more people need to enter instead of just showing up. Livestream was pretty fun, so was Duchess and smashfest at Nacho's after the tourney, had a lot of fun. Will do shoutouts way later.

Pretty sure character usage is right, tell me if it's not. NL used probably Diddy/Wario/Lucas, so I just put random for now in case he used other characters that I didn't see.

Tourney matches available on the livestream page: http://www.justin.tv/NEBrawl
Pics: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=75848

Prawn

Smash Master
you can throw that mk icon up there too i used only him in 2 sets rofl

shoutouts:

cheese- get *****(ily <3)
new england - we too good
ling ling - you too good

had way more fun talking to aileen here then actually playing :]

pce bros

etecoon

Smash Hero
good **** prawn beating cheese

good **** verm for actually showing up, I thought about coming but then was like "4 hour drive for a brawl tournament? FFFFFFFFFFF that", and verm lives like half an hour further away too lmao

ANTi_

Smash Hero
I left before singles because there wasnt much money in the pot and i wanted to get home :]

GGs in doubles though.

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I had Bizkit first match....... *sigh* Well atleast I did pretty good fighting him.

Shoutouts to Tempest, Bizkit, CnL, and Pro for great games.

Cya guys at the next Gect tourney. -SoRay

Ling Ling

Smash Apprentice
Why the mk picture?? I only used him in one match the whole tourney I don't even know how to use him :(

Bizkit- You did all the work in teams, I should've went D3 :/ ggs.

Ninjalink- you really know how to use all the characters at high level :O ggs

Vinnie- I never though G&W was that good, I've never seen one at that level. btw I think you would have lost the last match anyway because 40 ledgrab rule. ggs.

Cheese- ggs lol

Tymer- ggs camp more with TL!!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
I had a bad day, ugh.

Good **** to Ling for making me fall for the same thing a million times.

Good **** to Prawn for stealing my jump, somehow.

Good **** to Frigate for not letting me see C4s and having Vinnie fall through the stage.

Good **** to NE for not showing up to your own tournies, NY won't be back.

etecoon

Smash Hero
It's closer to NY than like 90% of NE players.
thissss, I might be able to make something further north in CT but this is closer to NY/NJ than half of us to begin with LOL

google earth'd it and it's about the same distance for me as someone from south NJ, wtf cheese -_-

TeeVee

Smash Lord
lol yea, gamingetc is closer to ny than almost EVERYONE else in new england other than southern ct people and central ct people (aka bizkit lolol)

ninjalink - fun doubles set, good **** winning singles (you know too much about this game O_O)
ling ling - nice nice nice placing, fun doubles set. good **** vs vinnie that **** was HYPE
bizkit - fun doubles set. im still salty about buffering that dair with zss when i had the lead game 3 but meh, good set as always :]
teevee - get good plz
will - always a pleasure to see you. fun doubles set, good **** ****** me in our singles set (THAT TV WAS LAGGY THOUGH ._.)
vinnie - lolol fun singles set, LMFAO at how bad you ***** me on rc. it seemed like you didnt know the diddy matchup though
bloodcross - i learned how to mk ditto :D
prawn - good **** beating cheese mah du...and good **** getting it in :p
tymer - always a pleasure to see you, fun friendlies at the smashfest after :D
tempest - same as above :D
kiwi - same as above :D
cheese - you're in a slump bro, you'll get out of it soon keep your head up
HDT - happy birthday (you dont look 21 lol)
soray - didnt play you :[
verm - best ganon
cnl - fun friendlies
pro - who?

anti - get this ***** an icyhot patch for his back PLEASE. we gotta team someday
my ***** blackanese - good **** coming through and carrying me to first :D, LOL sorry for not telling you that doubles was 5 per person i forgot :[ still had fun chilling with you and rest of ny
fire - good **** in dubz, just learn to not sd and you'll be fine

my rob is fine in doubles to compete at a national level, but in singles its not ready yet. im gonna keep working on him and when i feel ready ill go back to all rob,

So Fatal

Smash Master
Lmao who goes to this expecting a big turnout? cheese does. It's 3 hrs away from me exactly, how far was it for you cheese? 123 is what you woulda got winning singles and doubles. this place needs to step it up =/

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
Verm is the best Ganon

As for me, I suck now. But, still an amazing weekend. Amazing smashfest + ihop. Loved it all. Shoutouts:

1: Ninjalink - You're just too good haha. Really fun set, I didn't think I would come as close as I did with MK of all things. GGs... hope they were fun to you too
2: Ling Ling - Good ****, you're starting to figure our region out now. Pretty soon you'll hit Top 4 on the PRs... but you gotta go through me (which you already did in PRs LOL).
3: Bizkit - I still believe you should learn RC and ban Brinstar instead. Eh, that's just me. Anyway, good that we finally didn't play... and because of that look how you placed ROFL (h)
4: TeeVee - I'll be straight honest... that was a bull**** set. But no johns as those SD's + input failures were my own fault. You finally overcame me in the ditto and I give you props. Really intense set.
5: Vinnie - I will MM you someday LOL
5: Will - Sucks how you always get Bizkit... good **** beating Teevee (sowwy Tylah). ****ing amazing DK haha
7: Prawn - You did better than me today haha. That set vs Cheese was too fun to watch
9: Tymer - GGs bro, nice seeing you again
9: Tempest - WOW WE NEVER PLAY... WE MUST PLAY AT DNA
9: Kiwi - I am NE's best troll... just remember that ;)
9: Cheese - Pleasure seeing you as well.
13: Hotdog Turtle - Really good to see you as well. Fun 5 hour friendlies and most importantly Happy Post-Birthday
13: Soray - **** I didnt see you **** any fools this time D:
13: Vermanubis - Carpool was really fun; we are so weird LOOOOOOOOOOL. Also, amazing Ganon. Seriously, you trashed all my Low Tiers :(
13: Cnl - GGs, pretty good Ness. You'll get there eventually
17: Pro - Tempest's friend? If so, pleasure seeing you RANDOM :3

Blackanese: Real talk yo, it was really fun commentating with ya LOL. Always a pleasure, you're mad funny.
Nacho: Really fun smashfest; it ultimately saved my life. No way I would have made it back home with the 4 hours of sleep I got. Many thanks Jeremy
Zao: ustillmad
Emmy: Always a pleasure ;)
Duchess: Please die in a fire as your food is horribly bad.
ihop: Please be praised for eternal life, as your food is amazing.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
This was an extremely last minute tournament for me, and I haven't played in a while. It shows that I can still do well if I clear my head and not play Brawl for a while, I think I just need to work on a few more mindgames and I'll be able to do better overall. I had a lot of fun though!! More people need to come to CT so I can come through more often, this was only my second ever CT tournament D= (SNES doesn't count) Anywayz here's my shoutouts:

1: Ninjalink - Good **** for winning on minimal sleep/headache johns. Impressive xD

2: Ling Ling - Heard a lot of excellent things about your D3, wish we could have gotten a chance to play at least. I'm not afraid of D3 haha. Great job on second place!!

3: Bizkit - Sigh, I swear you can make your grenades explode at unpredictable times no matter how much I try to avoid them. It doesn't help that DK is fat as hell xD Sorry for being really pissed at the end of our set, it was definitely very stressful. It seems I have a ways to go before figuring out how to pressure snake when he is camping me that hard. I look forward to another terrifyingly campy set next time around =P You beat me again haha, good stuff. Until next time!!!

4: TeeVee - Good job beating Vinnie man! And I secretly really wanted to play you in bracket since it had been forever since we even played. I put a lot of effort into learning that matchup after getting ***** by you and Chibo at SNES lolol. Way to bring it back to 4th place =)

5: Vinnie - Yay LI ties for 5th! Look at it this way, you had an amazingly close set with Ling Ling. I'm still mad at you though for empty jumping at the end instead of punishing him when he jumped over you for the d-air that finished it lol. Keep it up, and yay at us not having to play for once!

5: Will - Step it up son, top 5 isn't good enough. You can do so much better...

7: Bloodcross - Haven't played you in a long *** time. I watched your set vs NL, that was almost a ridiculous comeback with MK at the end of game 2!! Keep it up yo, and we should def play or MM sometime soon =)

7: Prawn - Way to beat Cheese yoooooo!!! xD And in IC dittos too rofl I guess that could have gone either way but you had a nice comeback to seal the deal. Taking down his MK round 1 is ironic as well... lol

9: Tymer - Fun doubles set haha. You guys did well!! Don't just assume it's over before it starts lol. Me and NL had really bad chemistry to start off and you guys took advantage of that =P

9: Tempest - Fun friendlies!! Glad you got to play a DK that knows the matchup. I was going for all out gimps that I know that work on link so you know what to look out for. Even if... I might be the only DK that actually does stuff like that to Link lmao. Ask Kirin how to fight DK, I'm sure he can write a book if he hasn't already.

9: Kiwi - Hii! First time we ever got to play, even if it was doubles. See ya around Cheese slayer ^_^

9: Cheese - Tying with your arch enemy.... lolz.

13: Hotdog Turtle - Game and watch right? We didn't get to play...

13: Soray - Sup.

13: Vermanubis - I was very, very impressed with your ganon dude. I really took you for granted in brackets bc of the character you use, but you showed me that you definitely know what you are doing!! We had some awesome friendlies lolol probably the most fun of the day for me right here =) Best ganon?!

13: Cnl - Hi.

17: Pro - Yo.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Vinnie's Shoutouts:

1: Ninjalink (split) - Nice seeing you Randall, and GJ!!

2: Ling Ling (split) - Really intense set. I can't believe you daired THROUGH that plaform XD that was amazing. You're a really great player! Also:
LingLing said:
btw I think you would have lost the last match anyway because 40 ledgrab rule. ggs.
I actually did count the ledgegrabs, I had 33 or 34. GGs though, I look forward to our next set.

3: Bizkit - Bleh, game 1 would have gone either way since we were both above 120% and last stock. Sucks it had to end that way though. BTW you should ban Brinstar next time :-P .

4: TeeVee - LOL @ RC MATCH. Game 1 was so close augh, game 3 you ***** my **** though. GGs and good **** in doubles.

5: Vinnie - Learn to win last hit matches! D:. Step it up in doubles, too. No johns.

5: Will - We avenged each other I guess, beating people each other lost to. Let's start practicing on RC more. Good stuff vs TeeVee. We're 4-3 in doubles now =.=

7: Bloodcross - We didn't really talk. We should next time. See you next time.

7: Prawn - MY ZELDA DAIR SPIKED YOUR SHUTTLE LOOP, 'NUFF SAID. Nah it was awesome seeing you this weekend. Good stuff. Come to the LI tourney on 7/24!!!

9: Tymer - hi

9: Tempest - Sorry for that 9 D:. Fun friendlies and tourney match. First time I've ever played on RC match 1! ggs.

9: Kiwi - As I told you, we didn't talk much D:, see ya next time though.

9: Cheese - get out of that slump, no juans. Thanks a lot for taking me, though. I appreciate it.

13: Hotdog Turtle - Tough break playing Cheese lol, he ***** gw with ICs if you don't know the matchup XD

13: Soray - hi

13: Vermanubis - Best ganon. 'nuff said.

13: Cnl - hi

17: Pro - hi

Blackanese: fun car ride, good stuff in doubles. See ya next time ;o

Anti: nice seein ya.

Fire: gj man. See you soon probably

Pane: nice seein ya

knightmare: ^

Hopefully I'm not missing anyone. I DEFINITELY am. D:
Also I lost my white hat at the venue -.- Prawn said it wasn't there when I called him. If anyone found it, please contact me on aim at vCannino93. If not, oh well. Nice seeing NE again!

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
1: Ninjalink - We've still yet to play in singles xd.
2: Ling Ling - Yea, that's why I said you should try DDD instead but you didn't seem confident with DDD so I didn't wanna push it on you to switch. And dirty CPing in singles >.> I'll be ready for it next time.
4: TeeVee - I would be salty too at that. But you didn't kill my first stock until you were down to 1 anyway so even without the SD you probably wouldn't have had the lead by end game. Yet another example of why you should stop switching characters mid set.
5: Vinnie - I was at like 0-12% last stock game 1, don't you remember? >.> All I had to do was utilt you but instead I Fair off stage and die. Was gay, but oh well. I'm switching up my CPs for next tourney cuz of how many people tried to CP me to Brinstar.
5: Will - Yea, like I said, you're one of the very few people I play that gay against. So it's expected to get frustrated by it. PS1 probably wasn't a good CP, but you're like me where if your main CP is banned you run out of ideas, since your CP isn't common. Honestly, I thought you'd take me to Brinstar too, I was gunna rage lulz.
7: Bloodcross - Just cuz you beat me once out of 10 sets on a laggy flatscreen doesn't mean the reason I got 3rd was us not playing. Just sayin.
7: Prawn - Good stuff with the upset in beating Cheese.
9: Tymer - Nice seeing you
9: Tempest - Thx for livestream once again, was fun to commentate.
9: Kiwi - We always seem to play no matter what I do bracket wise now. Oh well. Doubles friendlies were really fun though.
9: Cheese - Well thx for coming anyway.
13: Hotdog Turtle - Nice seeing you.
13: Soray - Ggs. Next time ask me for tips right after our set so I don't forget.
13: Vermanubis - Fun friendlies, still a really scary Ganon xd.

Yea, so I dunno about turnouts what can be done about it. It's hard for NE to make this venue due to how much south it is for the majority of the players. It's seriously twice as close for a lot of NY players than it is for most of NE. Any ideas are welcome. I'll be willing to up doubles prices to $10 per person if it'll attract more NY and NJ players. The other problem is people who go but don't enter too. We easily should have had 25ish at this or more.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
If he practices MK more I think he could. Not if he tries to go Snake, it's too tough to pick up Snake in this region without a lot of practice.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Bizkit said:
5: Vinnie - I was at like 0-12% last stock game 1, don't you remember? >.> All I had to do was utilt you but instead I Fair off stage and die. Was gay, but oh well. I'm switching up my CPs for next tourney cuz of how many people tried to CP me to Brinstar.
vcannino93 6:37 pm
(6:37:41 PM): post this
(6:39:01 PM): No, I specifically remember making a lot of % comeback. I was at 1 stock 161%, you were at at least 120%. It could have gone either way. I shielded your ftilt at the edge and you fell off and buffered fair and died. As I said IRL, I got lucky and that was ********, but don't you remember grab armoring my dsmash on your last stock kill % at poly and ended up winning that match? >.>. Either way it was a fun set for the most part, it ended up being pretty close game 3.

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Hmm, that's weird. Was the replay saved? If so it's on NL's Wii. And yea I remember that at Poly lulz.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
7: Bloodcross - Just cuz you beat me once out of 10 sets on a laggy flatscreen doesn't mean the reason I got 3rd was us not playing. Just sayin.
I was kidding.

But you're a smartass anyway and like to assert your little Smash ego of yours. Just remember that the majority of my losses to you are to luck and Snake himself. You almost never outplay me, but you only win because you main Snake and Brawl is bs. Oh and you're still not better than Fatal. "Inferiority complex" ftw. Just sayin

Bizkit047

Smash Lord
Just like you weren't joking about how you said you'd beat TeeVee. xd

etecoon

Smash Hero
You almost never outplay me, but you only win because you main Snake and Brawl is bs.
can't fault him for playing a character you personally do badly against, it's not like you can blame losing to snake on falco or MK having bad matchups with him so that being a bad MU for you IS part of your overall skill. just use it as a focal point for getting better, work on the snake MU more, no point causing additional drama and probably just stressing yourself out more as it is. brawl is already aggravating enough without getting all bitter at people for it lol

Top Bottom