• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MD/VA) $up@ N0v@ Presents: IT"S OVER 9000! Brawl Tourney OCT. 9th

$up@ N0v@

Smash Journeyman
Ok people, this is my first tourney, so without further ado,
This place is about 10 mins from Fedex Field, and is even Metro accessible (Cheverly)!

Oct. 9 (weekend before MLG DC)
Columbia Park Community Center
1901 Kent Village Dr
Landover, MD 20784

$7 Venue (First 5 full setups get this waived)
$10 Singles
$20 Doubles ($10 per person)

Payouts:

Doubles
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Singles
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 10%
4th 7%
5th 4%/4%
7th and below: A Hug
<3 Omni

Times:
10:30am--venue opens
12:00pm--doubles begin
4:00pm--singles begin
10:00pm--you don't have to go home but get out

If this thing works out, we can have it here annually. There is a school here but the center is behind the school. Food around the venue includes a Pizza Hut, Subway, Popeyes, and a Chinese food-place all within walking distance. If you decide to drive there is a McDonalds and KFC down the street. 7-11 is also right up the street Dominos delivers as well (599 2 top pizzas; get on it) and I'll make a delivery call. If you are interested, let me know when you arrive there.

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Kind Dedede's standing infinite chaingrab is banned.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:

Delphino Plaza
Castle Siege
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Rainbow Cruise
Jungle Japes
Pictochat

For the first stage, top seed strikes two stages, then lower seed strikes three. the top seed chooses from those. The CP stages include Pictochat and JJapes, two stages I want to try out.

- Championship set is best of 5.

- Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

- Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock then percentages. If the percentages are the same then a 1 stock tie breaker match will be played with same characters and same stage. At no time will sudden death be played.

- There will be a 40 ledge grab rule in this tournament for singles. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a person has over 40 ledge grabs, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both players have over 40 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

- There will be a combined 85 ledge grab rule in teams PER TEAM. This will come into play if the time runs out. If the timer runs out, and a team has over 85 ledge grabs combined, they will lose regardless of the outcome. If both teams have over 85 ledge grabs, it goes back to normal sudden death procedures for time outs.

-Wiimotes and classic controllers are allowed but we would prefer if you used gamecube. You are responsible for your controller. Take any necessary actions to prevent interference such as removing batteries. If we find your wiimote has interrupted a tourney set, you may be disqualified from the event.

- Important one: If you are 10 minutes late to a match you are DQ'd from winners and losers bracket. We don't have the time or setups to put up with this. DON'T BE LATE.

- Doubles Rules: Team Attack ON, Life Stealing is allowed
Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON

- Wii Hack Rules: Wii hacks are allowed, provided they abide by these rules:

1. Tripping must still be on
2. Stage Textures are off
3. unapproved character textures are off. Approved ones are: Red/Green Sonic, Red/Green Pokemon Trainer pokemon, Red/Green Lucario, Blue Dedede.
4. Music hacks must have songs that aren't a hinderance to the game sounds. If a game has to be reset because the players ears are bleeding from the music, then the SD card will be removed and the player who brought that wii will lose their venue fee discount.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Players pick character. Double blind pick may be called
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned from counterpicks or neutrals for the set
4. The first game is played on a stage that both players agree on through striking. If both players agree to a stage and wish not to strike they may start on that stage.
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

This again is my first tourney and I'm really new to the tourney scene, but I hope you can make it here to show some support. And remember, the better the tourney turn out, the greater chance I can make this thing annually. Thanks!

Only SOVA would say something like that...smh...

CONFIRMED LIST (- means will be there for B -):
Lobos
Takeover -
SOVAMan
The Tantulus
EE
Logic
Lie
Pink Fresh
Coney -
Kenrawr -
TKO -
Korn
NeverKnowsBest
Matador
Freezewish
BMX -
Powerhouse -
Erk -
Taco -
Luckay4Lyphe
J.
LuigiKing
GIMR
Aposl
Kawaii Poyo
ChuDat
Junebug

Tenative List (confirm in thread plz):
Inferno
The Dashing Knight
Speed
Seagull Man

CONFIRMED TV/Wii (Need moar plz):
Nova (TV/Wii)
Lie (Wii)
Lobos (Wii)
Taco (Wii)
Powerhouse (Wii/TV) (-)
Takeover (Wii/TV)
GIMR/Aposl (Wii)
Coney (Wii/TV)

SOVAman

Smash Hero
You should post the pay-outs you are using and stuff and put location and date in the title to get more attention

i will see about coming and such though :)

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I plan to be here if I can get a legit controller since I couldn't bring my wii to college. I'd rather not get a crappy gamestop controller. Btw it would be wise to make an AIB link. It will attract more people.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
I'm going to walk to this tournament. *smirk*
Might as well. It's just about down the street from you :p

I plan to be here if I can get a legit controller since I couldn't bring my wii to college. I'd rather not get a crappy gamestop controller. Btw it would be wise to make an AIB link. It will attract more people.
Yea I understand. I just got a "new" one from my friend since she hardly uses hers anymore. And I have an aib account but I'm not familiar with how to set things up on there. I did post it on there but knowing me I probably did it wrong.
http://allisbrawl.com/calendar/event.aspx?id=9564

Metro accessible????

Yea, I'm here. Good **** Nova.

I try :chuckle:. I'll look up the nearest bus that comes around there as well in case I can't get a carpool system working by then.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
So I just realized that it's gonna cost me like $50 just for a round trip bus ride. Anybody willing to give me a ride?

EDIT: The AIB link is fine.
You should try posting in the MD/VA thread and asking. It may be kinda early to ask now, but I'm sure somebody can help you out. And thanks ;).

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
This will be a great warmup for MLG DC. I'll be focused on playing here. Nova if you have any questions or anything I'd be happy to answer them TO wise but i'll be focusing on the matches.

Nova9000

Smash Lord
This will be a great warmup for MLG DC. I'll be focused on playing here. Nova if you have any questions or anything I'd be happy to answer them TO wise but i'll be focusing on the matches.
I probably will, but it's good to know I have help with doing so. ;)

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Yo Brandon hype this shiz son,
I really think this tournament can get an awesome turn-out.
Ohh yea, also add "MD/VA" in the OP to add some interest to players that aren't aware of tournaments around the area.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just found out I can't make it, unfortunately. I got scheduled to do a server installation this weekend.

Good luck all.

Top Bottom