• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 64 @ GSG Tourney - Concord, CA - Sunday, July 25th, 2010!!!

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
So, I managed to convince the guy running the melee regional, Good S*** German, to have a Smash 64 tourney. We're expecting a pretty good turnout, possibly a full 16-player bracket. Details are as follows:

Date:
Sunday, July 25th

Venue:
Fuddruckers, 2nd Floor
1975 Diamond Blvd #E260
Concord, CA 94520

Fees:
Venue: $5
Singles: $5
Doubles (if enough interest and time): $10 ($5 per person)

Prize Allocation:
Singles:
1st place: 60% of pot
2nd place: 30% of pot
3rd place: 10% of pot

Doubles:
Winner takes all.

Times:
10:30 am: I will be showing up to the venue to set up base, everyone is welcomed to show up at this time for some friendlies :bee:
11:00 am: Sing-ups begin
12:00 pm: Singles bracket begins
Doubles bracket begins right after singles bracket ends.
9:00 pm: Clean up
10:00 pm: Bounce

Rules:
We will be using Isai's tourney rules. Check this thread for details: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262081.
Doubles rules are the same as singles, but with team attack on.

Attending:
1. Myself
2. evilduky666
3. ballin4life (high possibility)
4. TigerbOmbz (maybe)
5. Onski?
6. Blade689 and some of his homies
7. blonde (high possibility)
8. s2j
9. sweetxignorance
10. metalreflectslime (maybe)
11. srbsburrito (high possibility)
12. Mr.BluntedBear (high possibility)
13. YoLeo
14. Isai
15. jsolo and two of his homies
16. Willsun

Since I'm the one pretty much in charge of the Smash 64 side event, I am going to need all the help I can get in terms of TVs and systems. Please let me know here if you can bring any of these.

Systems:
1. Myself
2. Blade689
3. Onski?

TVs:
1. Myself
2. Blade689
3. Onski?
4. jsolo

Contact info:
My cell (925.808.1986)

Results:

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
yeah dude, onski? is back from China or whatever place he went in Asia. he said hes super rusty but ill get him up to par by the time this tourney comes around since he lives in the east bay haha

evilduky666

Smash Rookie
i should be there jaime.. i need to practice though.. i haven't played in a hella long time

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
i should be there jaime.. i need to practice though.. i haven't played in a hella long time
no worries, you'll get all the practice ur gonna need next weekend :bee:

YO, mark me down for a system and a tv.
cool, thank you sir

Put me down for a maybe. Also what is your AIM SN and do you have cell phone texting?
cool, i'll put u down for a maybe and yes, i do have cell phone texting and that's prolly the best way to get a hold of me

blonde

Smash Cadet
me and benito and george will most likely be there..... need to romp some kids.

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
Haha, for a minute there I got pretty hyped that Lovage was coming after I heard he wasn't. But no worries s2j, I gots some nice controllers that u can choose from.

@ blonde: nice dude, this is gonna be sick! Most of socal is gonna be in the house! Mad hype!

dandan

Smash Lord
is there a way to record this tourney, i would love to commentate it :p

dandan

Smash Lord
the more you record the better it will be, but hearing something is going to get recorded makes me happy :p, can't wait to see them

jsolo

Smash Cadet
Me and my friend will be attending. I can bring 1 system (maybe 2) if you need it. If you guys can record the matches, that'll be awesome :)

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
I might be coming to this
tite! i was wondering when u were gonna say something lol

Do we get the venue fee waived for bringing an entire set up?
umm, unfortunately im not the one in charge of the venue fee. however, if u bring a full working set-up (TV, console, game) then ill pay ur venue fee for u :bee:

as far as teaming with people goes, smash 64 players usually decide who they wanna team with at the tourney lol, so i would ask people once ur there

Me and my friend will be attending. I can bring 1 system (maybe 2) if you need it. If you guys can record the matches, that'll be awesome :)
tite! welcome to smash boards. i think the only thing we might be short on are TVs. we have 3 so far, so we might be good.

malva00

Smash Master
k I should be coming 99% now unless I get hurt on the way there.

so you sure that guy is still allowing you to do SSB? you talk to him lately?

I'll bring my system only if someone keeps a close eye on it. My American system is too unreliable (might freeze the game) so I'd have to bring my japanese n64 with the converter, and if someone finds out it's Isai's then they will prob try to steal it right away

jsolo

Smash Cadet
I might be able to bring a tv. What kind of tv's are you guys bringing? LCD's? regular old school tv's? haha

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
I'll bring my system only if someone keeps a close eye on it. My American system is too unreliable (might freeze the game) so I'd have to bring my japanese n64 with the converter, and if someone finds out it's Isai's then they will prob try to steal it right away
Then label it "Not Isais" so no one steals it

jsolo

Smash Cadet
I can bring a TV, and I talked another one of my friends to come. So I'll be bringing two friends. I'll try and get there between 10:30-11am to help set up.

blonde

Smash Cadet
oh gee golly i totally want that lame kids 64 cause his 64 is special

Darth Rancorous

Smash Ace
If Jason is in charge of the venue and I pay Jason the venue fee for Melee, do I have to pay him the venue fee again for N64?
nope, u only pay the venue fee once for the whole event :bee:

k I should be coming 99% now unless I get hurt on the way there.

so you sure that guy is still allowing you to do SSB? you talk to him lately?

tite! drive safe haha

yeah, i talked to him yesterday and hes cool with it. so its on!

I can bring a TV, and I talked another one of my friends to come. So I'll be bringing two friends. I'll try and get there between 10:30-11am to help set up.
sounds good man. thanks alot! see u tomorrow.

Top Bottom