• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Insane Triumph 1: Houston, TX RESULTS

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Insane Triumph 1 Results---Congratulations to Wobbles and D'oH/Darkrain for their wins in singles and doubles, respectively

Insane Triumph 1: Houston, TX -- 7/10/10

Singles:

1: Wobbles ($138.00)
2: Darkrain ($69.00)
3: Broly ($23.00)
4: D'oH
5: JesiahTEG
5: Jake13
7: Fro
7: Cloud
9: Velox
9: JF
9: MT
9: sethlon
13: Sybawave
13: Blitz
13: Tarzan
13: TSC
17: ankur
17: Pawl
17: Will
17: dilling
17: Emporer Ceaser
17: Dawn
17: Mikey

Doubles:

1: D'oH + Darkrain (D'oH + Darkrain) ($84.00)
2: The Magical Misadventures of Malvern and Malvark, Wizarding Brothers: Magical Battle for the Gulf, Part 3 of 3 in the Epic Magic Trilogy, by Bluezaft and Wobbles (Bluezaft + Wobbles) ($42.00)
3: Team JF (MT + JF) ($14.00)
4: Easy Eyes (Cloud + Broly)
5: Team ***** (Sybawave + Jake13)
5: Mikey + Fro (Mikey + Fro)
7: Physical Chemistry (Velox & dilling)
7: Dawn + Tarzan (Dawn + Tarzan)

Grand Finals (1st set): Wobbles (ICs) vs Darkrain (Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sthUK9iM-Fo

Grand Finals (2nd set): Wobbles (ICs) vs Darkrain (Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=-cWSdTpgdqA&feature=channel

Winner's Finals: Wobbles (ICs) vs Darkrain (Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxcbfPYlZ8k

Loser's Finals: Broly (Marth) vs Wobbles (ICs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_spIjz1ZlEI

Winner's Semifinals: JesiahTEG (Marth/Fox) vs Darkrain (Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzlkzx4sUkQ

Loser's Semifinals: D'oH (Peach) vs Broly (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Hd0sawQzIE

Jake13 (White) vs Cloud (Green)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QOwe7EAdgs

Thanks for coming out and making this a respectable first tournament that blitz and I hosted. Keep on the lookout for the next installment. We're thinking August 21st, but we'll see.

Pawls to the Wall

Smash Journeyman
1: Wobbles- Loved the friendlies. We've gotta play more so come back to H-town!
2: Darkrain- Same as above. Keep wreckin' sh**. As if you were planning on stopping, haha.
3: Broly- You'll pay for what you did to me! PAY I say! Lolol jk, you're too good. Much respect.
4: D'oH- Always fun playing your peach.
5: Jake13- You played really well, keep it up.
9: Velox- didn't play, but good to see you there.
9: JF- Did you ever catch up to that chick? Teach me how to talk to girls JF. Lol, jk I've gota wife and kid.
9: MT- Great matches, you started to figure it out :O
9: sethlon- Your Roy is still really scary :(
13: Sybawave- Thx for the drink
13: Tarzan- we need your commentary at every tournament.
13: TSC- You are very good at techchasing. Just grab more!
17: ankur- Had some close matches.
17: Pawl-Quit sucking noob
17: dilling-Thanks for organizing everything!
17: Dawn- You seemed like a shadow in the background the whole time. Say something!

Velox

Smash Ace
To everyone at the tournament.. That was really fun :) :) :)

Oh, also, Derek, we were thinking a full 3 months at least till next tournament, but we'll talk about it. Also, I've decided that yeah, I'll go with you to the L.A. tournament, that will be fun!!!

The_Smash_Champ

Banned via Warnings
3 months chris? dude i like the idea of having it august 21 better....

cool matches everyone, gj dereck and philip for the tourney. hopefully we can do more smashtourneys more frequently once we get a hold on the taub basement :ohwell:

Velox

Smash Ace
heh, but it doesn't matter what me, you, or Derek want ;) All that matters is what date will get the most people, and history shows that it's the most non-monthly date :D

well, if Derek and Phillip talk to RGV, Dallas, and L.A. on an individual basis, and if they are okay with an August 21st tournament, then I wouldn't object to it at all, because everyone else wouldn't have come to the last tournament, and so it wouldn't at all appear to be a monthly to them <<

K1T3

Smash Lord
This sounded so fun.

Good shiz Broly taking DoH, finally put down the brawl long enough to remember your melee roots.

Just curious, have you ever marth ditto'd Arc? Last time I saw you marth ditto was FS1 and you were crazy **** in the matchup so I kinda thought you might beat Arc too so thought I'd ask.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Too bad Arc lives in Kansas now. Anywho, fun tourney, even though my performance was less than I would have liked. Once again, I shined in teams but failed in singles... though I have to give props to MT. When you get back to Austin, we're gonna tear **** up :)

Good **** to broly for beating me (next time I'll go sheik, so be ready) and for beating DoH to place 3rd. A lot of people give you ****, but you've always been cool to me.

Houston people: nothin but love for y'all. Paul, I did catch up with her :) Jake, thanks for the housing and helping me find my car. Guys who ran the tourney: thanks for trying to keep melee alive in Texas, also a HUGE thanks for helping me find my car xD

Dallas people: y'all are way too good. Dallas is where it's at for smash now, I guess. Maybe I'll take a weekend off if I can have a smashfest with y'all. Would love the practice, and I definitely need it :) Sethlon... why do you hate me? :(

No matter when the next tourney is, I'll be there for sure. I wouldn't mind going on a monthly basis. Also, what's this about a tourney in Louisiana? That piques my interest... someone get at me about it.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
JesusFreak: He hates you because you smell like asparagus and rotting cedar wood. Real talk.

Thanks for hosting gentlemen, and GGs to all I played :)

Can't wait to look at my videos so I can go ohhhhhh **** son.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
Something doesn't make sense. Darkrain sent Wobbles to losers by beating him in the Winner's finals. Wobbles won the loser's finals and came back and beat Darkrain in the grand finals. Aren't their names in the bracket one time too many? The bracket looks like Wobbles beat Darkrain twice in the Winners, unless its just implying Wobbles had to win two sets, which he had to since he came from losers and you just put his victory in the first set on the bracket.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I lose to him in Winner's, so I go to loser's where I play Broly. The bracket in turn shuffles me back over to the right side because we're the only two people left. Since I win, I play him again.

Looks good to me?

MT_

Smash Ace
Wobbles - fun friendlies man, and thanks for the advice. i just realized i forgot to do our money match, but that's ok...haha. good **** on first. I'LL START MOVING LESS AND MOVING MORE AT THE RIGHT TIME... and next time we'll come closer in doubles!!

Darkrain - nice seeing you again and ****** me in bracket...lol good **** in doubles. let's play again next time

Broly - SUPER good ****s man, i know everyone was doubting you/underestimating you (myself included) but you showed all of us up. seriously, good stuff beating D'oH. unfortunately we didn't get to play friendlies or marth ditto but let's do it next time.

D'oH - fun friendlies! good stuff in doubles. let's play more next time, and hopefully then i won't be just a random scrub that no one wants to play lol

JesiahTEG - unfortunately i don't think i got to play any friendlies or anything with you but i did want to. haha

Jake13 - CLOSE set man, and serious GGs. (I WANTED TO WIN IT SO BAD, but i would have gotten ***** by Cloud haha.) tough luck on D'oH twice, but next time we need to rep houston harder!! and ggs in doubles lol

Fro - ggs in doubles and friendlies!

Cloud - fun friendlies at the end, man you **** me hard haha. CLOSE set with jake, man! i was on edge and i wasn't even playing lol. ggs in doubles too, i was pretty sure we lost but JF pulled it out at the end haha. RGV too good

Velox - don't think i really played you unfortunately

JF - go team JF!! haha we did great in doubles. singles was unfortunate... you were SO close to beating D'oH. really unfortunate. let's tear **** up when i get back to austin, and next time we'll rep austin hard!

sethlon - don't think i played you unfortunately

Sybawave - lol

Blitz - ggs man and thanks for hosting this tournament. it was hella fun, and lol sick combo on my fox in that friendly if you remember.

Tarzan - nice meeting you and fun friendlies! sorry if it seemed like i wasn't playing as good against you lol, i just seem to play better in tournament setting than friendlies. let's get together sometime this summer and smash it up

TSC - fun friendlies and nice falcon. and that subway was NOT closeby... we fcking drove there and driving distance is NOT close =P

ankur - ggs in bracket man

Pawl - lol you were owning me pretty hard in friendlies; it looks like you had a stacked bracket which is unfortunate, but fun friendlies regardless. GREAT ganon man

Will - lol u must have been that drunk guy

dilling - hey good stuff hosting the tournament and fun friendlies. thanks for the doubles 3rd place compensation thing lol

Emperor Ceasar - don't think i played you? i don't recognize this tag but maybe i met you under another name lol

Dawn - hey man we should have played some friendlies. hit me up this summer and i'll see if i can play with you

Mikey - don't think i played you

Bluezaft - hey you guys need to stop ****** us so hard in doubles...lol all those missed rests on both sides were just ridiculous. i really wanted to get some friendlies in with you but maybe next time. you should have entered singles!! haha nice seeing you again

Velox

Smash Ace
is broly the legendary marth who doesnt wavedash?
I think he can actually though I'm not sure.

What I will say though is that if you think that is what's special about him, you don't even know a quarter of it G-reg, heh, the dude's flat out astounding. I see a lot of shows by people like CNN, NBC, etc. on overcoming adversity, but I can comfortable say that Broly's skill at melee, if people knew around the world what we knew about this game and stuff... He would be world famous..

I've seen him at 3 tournaments now, and I still find myself watching the TV, then glancing at his controller, then watching him play, then back at the controller and then back again and again and again just in amazement. Then I just think to myself, "man, I really suck d*** at this game... I don't even know what I'm witnessing right now..."

Broly

Smash Lord
Basic story:

I played for four years without the L or R buttons. I used one finger to control the stick while i played the buttons with my face. and I did amazing, but not enough. just recently i began to hold the remote with one hand and just play with my face. Control stick, buttons c-stick, everything except shoulder buttons. however, i can now reach the R button with my finger allowing me to l-cancel, shield, grab and tech. this change gave me great options and ultimately made me a better player. this post isnt for bragging rights or w/e. im just telling everyone how i play and ****

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
Basic story:

I played for four years without the L or R buttons. I used one finger to control the stick while i played the buttons with my face. and I did amazing, but not enough. just recently i began to hold the remote with one hand and just play with my face. Control stick, buttons c-stick, everything except shoulder buttons. however, i can now reach the R button with my finger allowing me to l-cancel, shield, grab and tech. this change gave me great options and ultimately made me a better player. this post isnt for bragging rights or w/e. im just telling everyone how i play and ****
The Definition of Insane Triumph. Right here.

I thoroughly approve.

defsithe

Smash Ace
Basic story:

it was much easier to beat u back then. stomps allll day with falcon. :laugh:

now i have to work for the win laaaammmeee

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
At UT we had a player with only a stub for a left arm, yet his fox was still pretty decent.

I commend those with disabilities for still trying, cuz I know that I wouldn't, haha.

dilling

Smash Apprentice
Videos are on their way. I've run into some technical difficulties while converting them, but I've sorted them out and now all I have to do is crop and upload them. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. Once I have the system down, it won't take nearly as long.

I remember him. Goes by the tag Stubs or something. Yeah he was ok.
I believe it was Nubz or Nubs.

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I believe it was Nubz or Nubs.
Yeah it's Nubz. He has pretty good control considering his lack of a left hand. Moral of his and Broly's story: pursue what you love, keep trying even in the face of adversity, and you can succeed.
Hooray for optimism

Videos are on their way. I've run into some technical difficulties while converting them, but I've sorted them out and now all I have to do is crop and upload them. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. Once I have the system down, it won't take nearly as long.
Yeah there's a little learning curve to recording/editing/uploading vids but once you figure out the process, you can get pretty efficient.

Jake13

Smash Lord
shoutz:

One of the most fun tourneys i've been to in a long time. so much good hype and good play from everyone. chyeah buddy!

Wobbles: too good srsly

Darkrain: fun set before chilis

Broly: where the **** did you come from since last hobo? you did baller son

D'oH: maaaan you took me out twice :) super good ****!. btw i think you left you're towel at my house.

JesiahTEG: awesome meeting you! good times in the car lol too much fun. oh and ****ing nice placing

Jake13: what up sexy

Fro: good **** talking

Cloud: foreal the best tourney set ever. **** fd lol

Velox: dude nice placing we should totally have played singles. fun teams tho!

JF: always fun smashing. i think we played like 5 matches the entire night at my house lol we suuuuck

MT: really good sets in teams and esp in singles. you're gonna be better than von soon lol

sethlon: we didn't play at all lol but chili's was delicious

Sybawave: quit complaining about lasers in teams scrub. oh yeah and nice 3 stock 3;)

Blitz: good **** on the tourney! did you ever end up going to get another tv? lol i don't think we played
after that

Tarzan: srsly thanks for all the cheering man **** was tiiiiight. more falcon dittos later

TSC: didn't play :/

ankur: didn't play :/

Pawl: always a pleasure and we never ever end up playing anymore

Will: drunkdude? you're hilarious lolol

dilling: good **** on the tourney :) better **** on the videos loljk oh and fun teams matches!

Emporer Ceaser: You're link was super fun!

Dawn: dawg you know we da illest.

Mikey: didn't play :/

anyone that went and didn't enter: weakkkkkkk

cept my boys from gtown cuz they cold

next time lets get us some commentaryyy i have a usb mic that's illa than vanilla

Top Bottom