• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ichi-Kakuto-Gemu: Worthington, Ohio (July 10th)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
BLAZBLUE
6 Entrants
1. TheKiest (Ragna, Hakuman) $20
2. Crum (Jin) $5
3. Zach (Jin, Rachel)
4. Sole (Arakune, Tager)
5. Paul Soth (Jin)

BRAWL
20 Entrants
1: Fizzle ($57) :metaknight: :bowser2: :dedede: :rob: :wario:
2: DJ_Skribble ($28) :metaknight: :peach: :falco:
3: Z ($10) :metaknight: :peach:
4: Sil ($5) :rob:
5: Sole :zerosuitsamus:
5: Tako :rob:
7: Juu :falco: :pit: :mario2:
7: TheKiest :dedede: :kirby2:
9: Sleep :metaknight:
9: Crow :link2:
9: Dark 3nergy :dedede:
9: Auspher :wolf:
13: Demon of Shred :snake:
13: Hungry ?
13: Hamis ?
13: French :snake:
17: X2 :diddy:
17: Rikku :lucario:
17: Kreggins :toonlink:
17: SMW ?

Bracket:

MELEE
6 Entrants
1: Sil - $25 :fox:
2: KZEZ - $5 :fox:
3. ShadowPhoenix :yoshi2: :shiek: :zelda:
4. Fizzle
5. SneakyTako :jigglypuff:
6. Kreggins

No entrants for Tekken :( :( :( :( :(

NEXT TIME
Brawl
Brawl Doubles
Melee
Blazblue: Continuum Shift
(PS3)
Super Street Fighter 4 (System will prolly be 360, but I'm going to double check with the SSF4 scene)

On deck: Marvel Vs Capcom 2 (or 3... if it's out by then).

Please let me know characters not listed here!
@Melee: I don't recall most of the pool results and would like them, if you remember please let me know!

Next one will be sometime in September (have to plan around Nope's Monthly plus Lake Erie Slam)

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
You should switch the order of characters for me, Keist. I went Mario for all but two matches. One match win with Falco (Sleep) and one loss with Pit (Iskascribble). Otherwise, my damage was caused by Mario.

Shoutouts:
To my OUGA people, I'm glad that you all came out! It's always nice to see you.
Rikku, you'll get better with your Lucario. NEOH will help.
Auspher, I didn't get to run into you for matches, but I'll play you next time.
Kreggins, you've improved but making reads will help you alot.
Sole and Crow - Good jobs, I didn't get to play you this time.
Sil - I will figure out R.O.B and give you some better matches. I think I'm getting better every time we've played, but so have you.
Keist - Thanks for running this! I'll be looking for them in the future!

Dayton:
Iskascribble - I don't know why the hell I took you to Rainbow Cruise... or really why I didn't just play your Falco with my Mario. Still, good games. Was fun playing against you, I'll play you some more later for MK experience.
Fizzle - Again, if I would have known, I would have brought some Palmers for matches. You were right, my Mario was off a bit, having to go the whole time with a shaky GC controller.
Demon of Shred - Hope to see you at more events.

Columbus:
Z - Glad to see you come out, always a pleasure. I'll play you for sure next time.
Zzzz - Fun set, you've improved. I was nervous enough to start with Falco and even then you had opportunities to beat me. You'll improve even further.
Crow! - It's always an experience being outcamped, but Link managed to do it in our friendlies. I kept going the wrong way on my SJP, lol.
Dark 3nergy - Nice to see you come out, was fun playing against you in friendlies. You'll get over the hump against Tako!
Frenchman - Awesome first match! Thanks for putting up with me searching for my controller before our set. I'm so glad I decided to work on my counterpicks and they worked! We'll have to play more in the future.
SneakyTako - That Jigglypuff in melee, lol. Glad to see you come out and was fun talking to you, Scribbs and Fizzle at venue about some stuff. Like with Sil, I'll figure out R.O.B. and you'll see a scary Mario coming you way.

To everyone else that I hadn't met/played:
I hope to see you all at more events and hang out with you!

D

Deleted member

French also went DK against me.

I'll post some shoutouts later.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Dark 3nergy - Nice to see you come out, was fun playing against you in friendlies. You'll get over the hump against Tako!
heheh, he took me to game 3 son. I need to work on my mix ups when someone breaks the cg, not make bad mistakes and tighten that cg. Comes with more tournament experience

why didnt you play your mario against me >: (

guess i'll do my shout outs;

Rikku - def look up trela's lucario and read up on the lucario boards about him. You'll learn alot. If you have questions ask them in the Q&A thread.
Auspher - hope that 1hr and 1/2 training helped you! Wolfs a fun character and once you figure out a character for his bad MUs you should be fine
Kreggins - i actually asked jash about how to fight TLs projectile game :p As far as our bracket match went i think the stages we picked were fine for TL esp japes cuz DDD doesnt do well at japes. Keep doin work!
Sole - i wanna play ur zss >: (
SneakyTako - Noticed the problems i was having in our bracket match, so imma fix those. Wasnt the lag on the TV cuz its a LCD monitor, and ive been playing on it all week so, wasnt the TV. Was totally me not focusing when i was CGing. Your ROB is fun to fight though lol ggs
Crow - yay link dittos, camping and playing bowser <3 always a pleasure
Z - i'll get that mk mu down sooner or later. ggs
kiest - thanks for hosting, let me know if theres no AC so i can dress better next time. lol thanks for watching my bag

@ ppl i didnt get to play/talk to;

come play me :(

Silhouette

Smash Lord
3. ShadowPhoenix
^^ He used Sheik/Yoshi/Zelda on me in bracket

also will there be an AiB for this?

edit: My Melee Pool Results,
Defeated Tako (Jiggs) 2-1
Defeated Kreggins (Jiggs) 2-0
Defeated Fizzle (Marth) 2-0
Lost to EZZE (Fox) 1-2
Lost to Shadow Phoenix (Sheik, Yoshi) 1-2

Bracket:
Defeated Shadow Phoenix (Sheik, Zelda, Yoshi) 3-0
Defeated EZZE (Fox) 3-2

This should also help you work out what characters people used.

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
It was fun even with the few melee participants. If there is another one I will be there for melee. Also wouldn't mind some brawl minus either that looked fun. :)

Crow!

Smash Lord
Fun times. I'll do shoutouts later.

BTW, I'm Link/Yoshi. In fact, I think I played Yoshi one more game than I did Link this time out...

Rikku~

Smash Apprentice
This was great, so much fun!

Alright, time for some shoutouts...

To my lovely OUGA peeps <3 :
I'm so glad I got to see so many of you this weekend, I've missed you all dearly!
Kiest- My favorite T.O. in the whole wide world! Good work on hosting another amazing tourney :D
Juu- Its always a blast playing with you. And I think its great that you are working on playing so many different characters...keep it up!!
Sil- Nice work placing 4th, way to rep OUGA! And thanks for helping me pick stages :)
Kreggins- FLIGHT OF GANNON!! haha you crack me up! but seriously, you're toon link is gettin scary...keep up the practice!
Sole- I swear your ZSS got even better since the last time we played. Awesome job, also fun times playing friendlies!
Auspher- So glad you got to ride down with me, and also nicely done in the brackets too!

And to the other awesome people I met:
Dark Energy: It was amazing talking/playing with you, and thanks for all of the advice! I would love to play wifi with you sometime. Also, congrats for doing so well at MLG :D :D
Crow: Good games! I had a blast chatting with you and playing...especially those Yoshi dittos! Way to show that Yoshi love :D
X2: Good games, those matches were intense. I hope to see you again soon and maybe get a rematch!

To everyone else I didn't get to play:
Hopefully I will see you all again soon...great job to everyone!

Silhouette

Smash Lord
Shouts:

1: Fizzle ($57) - Best ROB in the MidWest and best F*cking car ride ever.
2: DJ_Skribble ($28) - Fun chillin afterwards, MKs dumb.
3: Z ($10) - D*mn janky stages, but idk what you were worried about your peach would have done just fine ;]
4: Sil ($5) - B*tches don't know bout my Robot.
5: Sole - Is it Sheik? Maybe G&W??
5: Tako - Haz Mad Jiggs Combo Skillz 1/4 Stocks In Melee. It was a blast hanging as always
7: Juu - RC was a TERRIBLE CP against ROB, next time try something less air based, You've improved tho, keep it up.
7: TheKiest - Best TO as always, had fun hangin, thanks for Hosting and Recording.
9: Crow - Good Yoshi man, fun hangin
9: Auspher - Didn't talk much, but from what I'm hearing youre improving.
17: Rikku - Nice seeing you again
17: Kreggins - Fun hangin as always

1: Sil - scrub
2: EZZE - Grand Finals were d*mn close man, good sh*t
3. ShadowPhoenix - Your Yoshi surprised me big time, good sh*t

Kreggins

Smash Cadet
Sil - WHY ARE YOU GOOD AT MELEE! GET A LIFE! lol jk but srsly. I haven't played you in a while. That needs to change.

Sole - Keep it up with Snake. I'm already getting pissed off at it.

Tako - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM_zrV3Dt_I

Juu - I didn't even play against your Mario and I was getting mad at it. Good job against that snake. I was getting way too nervous. Also, stop gimping yourself at 0%.

TheKiest - Always a pleasure to be in your presence. I am really looking forward to the next one of these. Good stuff.

Dark 3nergy - Good job in our match. I gotta work on the D3 match up some (and pick better stages). Also, Marth dittos are literally the dumbest thing in the world lol.

Auspher - Way to go. You were doing good from what I saw between you and Kiest. Keep it up. Wolf is pro.

Rikku - I dont even know what to do with you /facepalm. Jk. You are getting better though. Like srsly. I'm pretty sure you won more games than I did. You went to game 3...TWICE! Also, Japes is for real winners.

Kreggins - Get your poop together, son! Stick with Marth for a while until you get out of this slump. STEP. IT. UP.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Various People said:
Juu - I didn't even play against your Mario and I was getting mad at it. Good job against that snake. I was getting way too nervous. Also, stop gimping yourself at 0%. - Kreggins / Mario da bess~. I'll try not to gimp myself at 0%, it still happens some times, lol.

Juu - RC was a TERRIBLE CP against ROB, next time try something less air based, You've improved tho, keep it up. - Sil / Yeah, I'm starting to get a hang of it, lol. I'll figure out my CP's more later, it's one of the things I've steadily been working on. Got too greedy game one and was down a stock early, lol

why didnt you play your mario against me >: ( - D3 / I don't even know, lol. I guess I'm hesitant against the possibility of DDD. I gotta get over that. I'll play you with him next time I see you, I promise.
Responses in bold.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
yea i mean its not like im gonna infinite you or anything just play no biggie

Dark 3nergy - Good job in our match. I gotta work on the D3 match up some (and pick better stages). Also, Marth dittos are literally the dumbest thing in the world lol.
once you get inside ddd use utilt, to bair strings at low % and nair is great for getting inside or finishing combos. idk the kb on bair, but i know TLs bair strings very nicely and is a very safe poke tool i dont remember you using it much. Fair..eh it can kill at higher % it has abit of frame delay like uair/dair does. I tend to use TLs fair in WTF situations or for edge guarding. Once you can figure out how to mix up arrows/bombs/boomerang/zair and how they'll work with making approaches or to force openings-- you'll be good.

idk stage wise, i think japes was a excellent pick because DDD cannot CG well there since he doesnt get room too. You got a high ceiling so you wont die from utilt. I believe for TL i think he mostly enjoys wide open spaces like final D or sv.

Kreggins

Smash Cadet
once you get inside ddd use utilt, to bair strings at low % and nair is great for getting inside or finishing combos. idk the kb on bair, but i know TLs bair strings very nicely and is a very safe poke tool i dont remember you using it much. Fair..eh it can kill at higher % it has abit of frame delay like uair/dair does. I tend to use TLs fair in WTF situations or for edge guarding. Once you can figure out how to mix up arrows/bombs/boomerang/zair and how they'll work with making approaches or to force openings-- you'll be good.

idk stage wise, i think japes was a excellent pick because DDD cannot CG well there since he doesnt get room too. You got a high ceiling so you wont die from utilt. I believe for TL i think he mostly enjoys wide open spaces like final D or sv.
I made it a point during the tournament to work on my item play a bit more, quick draws and bombs and zair, into my combos. Now i just need to add up tilt to the mix. I do remember nairing you a crap ton too.

D

Deleted member

Some shoutouts:

Fizzle ($57) :metaknight: :bowser2: :dedede: :rob: :wario: - Great job, man! Pretty cool that you played some Bowser as well.

DJ_Skribble ($28) :metaknight: :peach: :falco: - I faced you at MLG. Didn't get the chance to play you this time around, but I'd like to again!

Z ($10) :metaknight: :peach: - Your Meta Knight is awesome in the air. I couldn't touch you(though I hadn't played Brawl for 3 days and only played a couple matches prior...>_>). Good stuff.

Sil ($5) :rob: - Reppin' the Robot as always. Nice!

Sole :zerosuitsamus: - You don't seem to have much confidence in your playing, but I think you're an amazing player. Keep up the good work, Sole!

Juu :falco: :pit: :mario2: - Picking Pit back up again I see. Didn't get to play you, but I watched some of your friendlies with Rikku. We'll play together in Cincinatti?

TheKiest :dedede: :kirby: - Ahh...DeDeDe...my most feared matchup with Wolf. Right after I fought you, I learned some moves to use against D3 from Dark 3nergy, so I'm looking forward to another match soon!

Crow :link2: - I love how this light just dawned on me during my match with your Link. "Ooohhhhhh!! I know who you are!!" Cool to see a backroom member playing low-tier characters. Great to meet you!

Dark 3nergy :dedede: - You know, back when I was looking at the attendance for this tournament, I wasn't looking forward to seeing another DeDeDe main, but man...I learned a lot from you. You taught me so much, not just in the matchup of Wolf vs. D3, but some ATs with Falco and Pikachu, and much more. I feel like I've improved already just from that practice session we had. Thank you so much!

Auspher :wolf: - Come on, STEP IT UP!

Hungry ? - Didn't meet or play you, but I saw you playing Wolf. Keep at it! He's a great character.

French :snake: - The game lied. I didn't have 3 KOs on you. I'm pretty sure two of those belonged to Clap Trap. Little ******* got me as well!

Rikku :lucario: - You HAD that Diddy! Keep trying! Thanks for the ride down to Leesburg, the tourney, and back again. Fun times were had. And don't worry, you'll be winning matches soon enough with Lucario. Take 'em to Japes!

Kreggins :toonlink: - KREGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGINNNNNSSSSSSSSSS COOOOMMMMMMBBBBOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I respect your courage in entering Melee. I had none.

SMW - You'll do better if you stop rolling. Most of my kills on you were just punishes because of that. Just don't give up and be sure to break those bad habits.

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
Here are the matches I played in the results. Thanks for hosting I had a great time.
(oh if you get a chance can you fix my name from EZZE to KZEZ somehow it got messed up)

Pool Results from Melee:

Sil 2-1 (me)
ShadowPhoenix 2-1 (me)
Fizzle 2-1 (Fizzle)
SneakyTako: 2-1 (me)
Kreggins 2-0 (me)

Finals

Sil 3-2 (Sil)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Cant wait for the vids.
thanks to you guys for helping get my mind off of my missing father (thats why i was in cbus) i had lots of fun shoutouts later maybe if i find time

TheKiest

Smash Champion
@KZEZ: Sorry about the name thing, I forgot to hit save on TIO (thus I had to sign you up again, heh). And I am the worst person when it comes to remembering names....

@DJ: Sorry to hear that...

I'll do my shout outs after work.

KZEZ

Smash Cadet
@KZEZ: Sorry about the name thing, I forgot to hit save on TIO (thus I had to sign you up again, heh). And I am the worst person when it comes to remembering names....

@DJ: Sorry to hear that...

I'll do my shout outs after work.

No problem, thanks for running the tourny I had a great time and will try my best to come to future ones. :)

TheKiest

Smash Champion
BLAZBLUE
6 Entrants
1. TheKiest (Ragna, Hakuman) $20 - Wasn't expecting to win this... until the day of, lolz.
2. Crum (Jin) $5 - You definitely learned a little more about Jin after our pool match, heh.
3. Zach (Jin, Rachel) - You won't be reading this.
4. Sole (Arakune, Tager) - Prolly could have beat me if you stayed Arakune the whole time. Against Jin, it's better to just wait and counter than to go on the offense. Luckily Arakune can air camp retreat.
5. Paul Soth (Jin) - You won't be reading this.

BRAWL
20 Entrants
1: Fizzle ($57) - Grats on first, number 10.
2: DJ_Skribble ($28) - Glad you made it! Get that city of Dayton out to more tournes!
3: Z ($10) - Glad you made it in time... though I had to stop a few matches... Give me a ringer next time if you are going to be late, :p
4: Sil ($5) - Grats on winning Melee and coming. Get up to that PR list!
5: Sole - Didn't see you play ZSS, one more place till 4th!
5: Tako - "You knew it would come to this....". I'm going to blame my mistakes on that line... heh.
7: Juu - Glad you could make it. I think you are trying to learn too many things/characters at once. You sadly have to just cut off some people for like 4-6 months then go back fresh.
7: TheKiest - Learn how to CG people off the screen.
9: Sleep - Glad you could make it, I haven't played you yet.
9: Crow - Thanks for helping me setup/tear down. Let me know if you want to use that building for something.
9: Dark 3nergy - Thanks for coming! I honestly didn't know about the AC not existing until I got there that day. Next time I'll have fans. More below.
9: Auspher - You definitely got better from Lake Erie. You made me go D3. I know it wasn't at this event (but prolly will be in the next one...), but you should try Pictochat or even Mansion as wolf as you CPs. Also LEARN THAT DACCUS!
13: Demon of Shred - Glad you came, snake vs D3 ain't easy. Just remember to use your explosives (as in all of them) to cover yourself as you land back onto the stage.
13: Hungry ? - Thanks for coming, sorry I don't recall your main.
13: Hamis ? - Thanks for coming, hope you had fun!
13: French - Snake and DK eh... we'll have to get you some more practice.
17: X2 - Glad you could make it.
17: Rikku - Glad you had fun, what other tourne did I host besides this and Zeo that you were at?
17: Kreggins - Thanks for helping me setup. If you plan on going to more tournes, you should play them Cinci people/carpool with them to improve your game/save money.
17: SMW ? - Hope you had fun!

MELEE
6 Entrants
1: Sil - Those were some good Melee fights I saw between you and KZEZ in pools. Good stuff.
2: KZEZ - Glad we had some Melee only rep... hopefully the rest of the scene SEES THAT THEY NEED TO COME!
3. ShadowPhoenix - Glad you made it! You were so close to getting in the money too.
4. Fizzle - Heh, you entered Melee, and still came out on top money wise.
5. SneakyTako - Why am I not suprised you picked Jigglypuff...
6. Kreggins - KREGGINS CCCCOMBO BREAKER! (That's like 3-4 SDs within 30 seconds.)

@Auspher + Dark3nergy: I apologize for stopping your match in the very middle. I sadly saw an alternative solution about an hour later. My reasoning was that, if I put Z in where matches were not played, he would have faced Fizzle round one (one of them would lose... prolly Z would have lost.). That player would then wreck EVERYONE in losers instead of putting players closer to each others skill level in the loser's bracket. This is something I only do if its a smaller tournament with mostly locals (like this one). Any other case and the late players would have been not able to enter (unless they called in a spot BEFORE we started).

@Sole + Crow: See above.

Thanks for coming all!

TariqX2

Smash Rookie
Man that tournament was really great tho i felt salty losing to bowser but then
when I saw the results , i was slightly relieved when i saw Fizzle at the LOL

and that one metaknight I think it was Z is a beast

Im learning my metaknight match up wit diddy so hopefully i can make it farther !
cause hes the only character i have trouble wit !

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
7: Juu - Glad you could make it. I think you are trying to learn too many things/characters at once.
This is hard. If you don't have a lot of time on your hands or constantly scour the net for small things you can improve on, your many secondaries could stop getting better.
You sadly have to just cut off some people for like 4-6 months then go back fresh.
This works and when I just can't seem to get a new character up to my usual standard. I'll give it up completely for a few months, improve at the game, and then when I try him out again (because I know the tricks, strategies, ect. of the character from the months prior ) am suddenly good with that character.

edit: Edit button. What's that?

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Both good points, Keist and Fizzle.

I know who I want to bench at this point, actually. I knew that DK wasn't ready from the outset and there's some sort of mental block I have with Falco, so I'm going to chill out with him for a while, too.

Pit is honestly the closest to my tournament secondary (as he used to be my main) and I know I've improved with him quite a bit, but he's not even close to where my Mario is at (which is rather average in the state overall, lol). That being said, I'll stay Mario and go through the hyperbolic time chamber for Pit (and maybe Falco).

solecalibur

Smash Master
1: Fizzle ($57) :metaknight: :bowser2: :dedede: :rob: :wario: - Need to work on them MUs against you =X
2: DJ_Skribble ($28) :metaknight: :peach: :falco: - Hey fun friendlies wish I recorded some with some of the things I do , but dont worry your 8 day falco is as good as it gets for 8 days still wrecking me =D
3: Z ($10) :metaknight: :peach: - Peach? lol , Interested playing your MK sometime
4: Sil ($5) :rob: - meh scrub get better :laugh:
5: Sole :zerosuitsamus: - Didn't you enter as Solecalibur? Oh yeah Tager is a beast, wouldn't you agree?
5: Tako :rob: - <- Better player I just won the MU, Im sure you'll beat me next time
7: Juu :falco: :pit: :mario2: - Nice job on placings , Didnt see you that much but thats how tounrys are I suppose.

7: TheKiest :dedede: :kirby2: - You used kirby? and nice set vs Fizzle thought you where gonna take him out for me :laugh:
9: Sleep :metaknight: - Good games , Wish I punished more then I could have in the matches but eh that is life
9: Crow :link2: - fun matches , stinks they reset us but gave you a better chance , keep up the good work with link and your secret weapon :)
9: Dark 3nergy :dedede: - Interested how I'd do vs you in brackets , in good time I suppose
9: Auspher :wolf: - Didnt really see / talk to you as much as I wanted to , and yes I DO suck at this game with the time I've put into it
13: Demon of Shred :snake: - Didnt see / reconize you nice to see more people coming maybe i'll see you in brackets
13: Hungry ? - Didnt see / reconize you nice to see more people coming maybe i'll see you in brackets
13: Hamis ? - Didnt see / reconize you nice to see more people coming maybe i'll see you in brackets
13: French :snake: - Didnt see / reconize you nice to see more people coming maybe i'll see you in brackets
17: X2 :diddy: - Didnt see / reconize you nice to see more people coming maybe i'll see you in brackets
17: Rikku :lucario: - Getting better I see. Keep up the good work with Auspher and hope to see you two soon, Oh yeah thanks for inviting me to dinner and not telling me when you left :rageface:
17: Kreggins :toonlink: - JIGGS? Oh yeah thanks for letting more borrow that $10 or I couldn't have payed for the pizza at the time I guess I lost mine lol
17: SMW ? - Didnt see / reconize you nice to see more people coming maybe i'll see you in brackets

Rikku~

Smash Apprentice
17: Rikku :lucario: - Getting better I see. Keep up the good work with Auspher and hope to see you two soon, Oh yeah thanks for inviting me to dinner and not telling me when you left :rageface:
awwww I'm sorry Sole!! :(
...but if you weren't so into playing, maybe you would have noticed when we left... hahaa

solecalibur

Smash Master
awwww I'm sorry Sole!! :(
...but if you weren't so into playing, maybe you would have noticed when we left... hahaa
I guess Im use to my friends (at home I suppose) just ***** slapping me and then say "where going" , so I guess you could practice that ???

Top Bottom