• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVAMAN & BMX Presents: BrawlMania! $5 VENUE! Woodbridge, VA August 14th

BMX

Smash Lord
WELCOME TO BRAWLMANIA!

This will be a fantastic event, one that people will always remember! Also!

$5 DOLLAR VENUE FEE!

Aside from a basic tournament, BrawlMania will host something magnificent!

This will be our special event, but the twist is that we will let the smashers decide what type of match it will be! it can be either:

Brawl+
Brawl-
Melee
Project M?
Low Tier
Random Partner Doubles
Or whatever is the popular choice!

Address
13105 Quick Place
Woodbridge, Virginia 22193
703-586-0502 BMX's Numero
571-201-4871 K-9's Numero

This is a house tourney, so young smashers who need parent's consent will need to double check with them about BrawlMania.

This is Kenny's venue, so it's not too much of a drive. This place is excellent because it is located near so many places for good food like:

McDonalds
Dominoes
CHINESE!
GIANT
TACO BELL!

Pricing
$10 Singles
$10 Doubles
$5 Venue Fee

Payouts

Doubles
1st 60%
2nd 30%
3rd 10%

Singles
1st 50%
2nd 25%
3rd 10%
4th 7%
5th 4%/4%
7th and below: Join Muhammad Hassan

Rules

SBR Recommended Ruleset: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

Starter
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

Schedule

11-12 PM- Registration for Doubles/ Singles Begin
1 PM- Doubles Begins
3-4 PM- Singles Registration/ Singles Begin
8-9 PM- MONEY IN THE BANK BEGINS

BrawlMania will be run smoothly and efficiently and tardiness will not be accepted. If you are late, you cannot enter. We will need set-ups for BrawlMania to be successful, so please confirm if you are coming with a TV and Wii!

There will also be another event held during doubles and/or singles:

$5 Entree Fee

2/3 Rounds, 2/3 Games, Double Elimination, 99 Seconds, No Handicap
Xbox 360
If the players do not agree on a stage within 15 seconds, the match will be random stage select.
Winner must keep the same character, but can select a new ultra in game 2 or 3, but has to pick the ultra before the opponent picks theirs. This does not apply to blind pick.

Set ups will be needed, as well. We have my set up.

Our pre-event will be...

FRIDAY NIGHT

People can come over at 10 PM and can sleepover, Smackdown will be an amazing prelude to BrawlMania, so please come!

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
This is at my house. The first time I had a smashfest here in January, it was pretty successful, with the likes of Candy, Takeover, Korn, Tant, Sovaman, Oath, Bolt, Coney, K9, and other md/va smashers attending. It was short notice and I didn't have time to make room or clean properly, but this time we will be able to fit at least 8 setups, and have much more room for just chilling/sleeping. We'll also most likely have at least one setup for SSF4 friendlies/MMs.

Everybody attend!

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Of course I will be there

I hope bolt goes playing brawl FFAs with him and Danny all Friday night was amazing

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
I should be able to make it, my girl is out of town for most of August so.. yeah. Lil B, Friday Night FFA's ftw! haha

BTW... The Title for...

Will be up for grabs if I show.. Candy.. I'm coming for your Best Titles!

Plus I'll be on that STREET FIGHTA FO! SUPAH!

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
I should be able to make it, my girl is out of town for most of August so.. yeah. Lil B, Friday Night FFA's ftw! haha

BTW... The Title for...

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, this made my night

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
You need a shirt that has Wolf and the above picture of Pulse, and he's saying "What's the matter, scared?" and Wolf is like "OH GOD YES"

SOVAman

Smash Hero

BTW... The Title for...

The best pulse match is going to be on the ICies stage all items and you must go marth

also me, candy bolt and ______. Will be playing in that match.

I want it recorded but idk if any video peoples are coming :(

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
The best pulse match is going to be on the ICies stage all items and you must go marth

also me, candy bolt and ______. Will be playing in that match.

I want it recorded but idk if any video peoples are coming :(
There can only be one Pulse, when he is not at his throne, his title remains. XD

Also, I will edit my music to something EPICILY EPIC! for the ICies Stage. Pirates of the Carribean maybe? Or something from Lord of the Rings.. I shall search for Epic music now. Any suggestions are much appreciated. :chuckle:

BTW, if you haven't played "The Manliest Match" with Lykieos and I yet, then I suggest you participate come this event. Captain Falcon Ditto FFA, on Pirate Ship to the theme of Pirates of the Carribean. Knees and Spikes are welcome for drowning foes.

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
There can only be one Pulse, when he is not at his throne, his title remains. XD

Also, I will edit my music to something EPICILY EPIC! for the ICies Stage. Pirates of the Carribean maybe? Or something from Lord of the Rings.. I shall search for Epic music now. Any suggestions are much appreciated. :chuckle:

BTW, if you haven't played "The Manliest Match" with Lykieos and I yet, then I suggest you participate come this event. Captain Falcon Ditto FFA, on Pirate Ship to the theme of Pirates of the Carribean. Knees and Spikes are welcome for drowning foes.

SOVAman

Smash Hero

LOL

Just put the guile OC remix theme in the background of ICies stage

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
i can bring a wii. also, idk what "money in the bank" is, but if its a side event of our choice, i suggest brawl minus or draft crews.

also, ps1 or lylat need to be added to the starter stage list so stage striking can work.

B0NK

Smash Lord
also, ps1 or lylat need to be added to the starter stage list so stage striking can work.
Naw, you can just have top seed strike first and pick. It's up to ben and taj on what they wanna do though.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I'd say thats a pretty massive advantage for a "neutral" game 1, lol.
Like you said though, it's up to them.

B0NK

Smash Lord
I'd say thats a pretty massive advantage for a "neutral" game 1, lol.
Like you said though, it's up to them.
The only thing about the massage advantage is that the neutral stagelist itself is so conservative that there is really only one stage that you may want to avoid. It gives more of an advantage to certain characters more so than the player, but then again I haven't seen a stagelist ever boost a character in placings whether it is predicted to or not.

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
Stage list will be fixed, I think that was just a small error, BMX will edit it when I get ahold of him. Thanks for pointing it out. We're just gonna stick with MLG rules since Raleigh is 2 weeks after this event anyway.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Stage list will be fixed, I think that was just a small error, BMX will edit it when I get ahold of him. Thanks for pointing it out. We're just gonna stick with MLG rules since Raleigh is 2 weeks after this event anyway.
"There you go Family!"

Good call on the MLG rules.

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
We've added SSF4 as a side event to take place during singles and doubles. It will most likely be on 360.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I'ma let you know right now...if coney goes then he is winning brawl minus

also I'm coming to this FOR REGIONLESS!!!

stream?

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
Yes we definitely need a stream. TKO show would be welcome.

As for the money in the bank event (there will be a small pot bonus most likely) we're going to decide the event a couple weeks before the tourney, depending on what people want. It probably won't be minus this time around since not everyone plays it.

So everyone speak up and let us know what you're most interested in.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Yo SOVAman, do either Low Tier singles (which lloD or I will win) or Brawl- (which lloD or I will win).
Personally not a fan of either of those events

I was thinking Draft crews or even regular crews

But, like Taj said lets wait and see what everyone wants

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
Regular crews would be nice, but obviously that depends on who shows up. Draft crews is something everyone can participate in, but it wouldn't be for nothing, money will be involved, but since there are so many events I know some people will be spent, so don't feel like you have to enter everything.

Ultimately, we won't really know what people will be entering til the day of the tourney, we're just taking opinions and trying to get an idea of who is interested in what.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
if Sano/SG/LLOD/Nilik are coming, i'll be here

with that said, I've always wanted to see an event that just does doubles and crews, crews makes singles more fun and hype. Thats just me.

If you're looking for a third event, i dunno. I hate low tiers and minus and plus, i would vote have an event d-bottom tier (meaning s-c is not allowed) which is pretty fun.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
if Sano/SG/LLOD/Nilik are coming, i'll be here

with that said, I've always wanted to see an event that just does doubles and crews, crews makes singles more fun and hype. Thats just me.

If you're looking for a third event, i dunno. I hate low tiers and minus and plus, i would vote have an event d-bottom tier (meaning s-c is not allowed) which is pretty fun.
The current D tier ***** the tiers below it, that would be pointless.

I vote for draft crews, although 3rd events never happen anyways.

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
Believe me when I say, the side event WILL happen. This is a regionless event, not MD/VA taking 2 hour breaks before singles, or showing up hours late to the tourney. BMX, Sovaman, Tant (if he comes) and myself WILL make sure it happens.

Top Bottom