• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake tactics. HELP!

HaXoR11

Smash Rookie
hey i main snake and i was recommended by a friend to use this site to ask questions about how to perfect my snake and to look for new tactics or strategies. :dizzy:

so for all you experienced snake users please help and post your favorite way to use snake.

hey i main snake and i was recommended by a friend to use this site to ask questions about how to perfect my snake and to look for new tactics or strategies. :dizzy:

so for all you experienced snake users please help and post your favorite way to use snake.
The best way to get started off I would say is to try to post a video of your playing someone human. That gives a great look at where you are. I assume by the fact a friend recommened coming here that you are able to play someone. If you cannot get the video up, then no big deal. It is just much faster and easier to give advice when people can simply look at how you play.

But apart from that, read up on the threads that have been sticked, and any questions you have in particular simply ask. Preferably in the Q&A thread. However, that doesn't mean you cannot pop a question into the other threads that are active.

Sync.

Smash Champion
I was fairly new earlier and all the sticky threads really helped me out.
If you'd like, check out the VR training thread to learn all of Snake's little tricks.
It's very comprehensive and has videos to help you out with too!

There's a lot of resources here and a lot of good Snakes to advise you if you ever need to be advised. Don't be afraid to ask questions in threads and welcome to Smashboards [:

Sake-Hato

Smash Apprentice
wanna get good with snake and pwn?
ill sum it up for you X]

1]Master your nade game
2]master Dthrow
3]learn to DI
4]only use uptilt for kill moves

your welcome

HaXoR11

Smash Rookie
okay i hae gotten into the habbit of when their near spamming Ftilt and then using nikita(rocket). is this a bad habbit?

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Yes, in fact all habits are bad, learn to play fluidly and mix up your options. Plus nikita is kinda bad, your better off lobbing nades or planting C4s most of the time, except when edgeguarding certain characters (Snake, DDD).

Limeee

Smash Champion
just a few tips

1. Don't ever use the second hit of ftilt on shield. you will always get punished
2. Nikita is generally bad, don't bother with it till you've mastered everything else.
3. Learn to d-throw chase on reaction
4. Recover High
5. Don't be predictable with camp game
6. Never dacus blindly
7. watch videos of ultimate razer, HRNUT, Mav, Ally, Havokk, Candy, to get an idea of snakes playstyle

napZzz

Smash Hero
dont use side b period, it has really limited uses and avoid abusing tilts, its a hard habit to break but you have to mainly use it for punishing attacks

HaXoR11

Smash Rookie
Thanks everyone for being so helpful. im gonna try to post a video so you can give me further adive. sorry if quality is horrible though

HaXoR11

Smash Rookie
sorry the quality is just to bad. the only way i could think of showing you guys what i can do is if we did a wifi match?

Top Bottom