• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stage list or characters?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Did any of you here pick up a secondary because of the stage list? Have any of you guys picked up a secondary because of a bad MU? Was it a combination of both? I want to hear why people picked up secondaries other than the fact that they find them fun. If you are one of these people please post up the reason and the character you picked up.

Luigi player

Smash Master
I play many characters as secondaries just because I play that much and only playing as few characters get's really boring after a while (I also like the characters that I 2nd, because of their games n sfuff...).

I main Diddy so I wouldn't really need to have a 2nd... but who knows, it can only help having more characters available, even if you aren't as good with them as your main...

So... didn't pick Diddy cuz of stages, and I don't have 2nds, because of bad MUs.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
@luigi player

Your name lies.

I picked up TL because I had just finished PH. Plus, he's just plain win.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
loool, this is too good.
Okay, to answer, read my username.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Trying to get evidence for his ruleset thread.
+1 thread thats stupid

Mikachiru

Smash Ace
Trying to get evidence for his ruleset thread.
o u Ill. <3

So this post isn't off topic, honestly, it doesn't matter who I use. MU and stages have nothing to do with my main. I chose Peach for the same reason I chose my other mains: she's girly. XD

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Picked up Snake to deal with MK, and a few other match-ups that I dislike as Marth.

There is no stage I'm not comfortable on as Marth, except maybe RC against MK.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
I picked up ROB to help with SNake, but have now found ICs better for it. I still play ROB on RC and whatnot though.

Veel

Smash Apprentice
I've never had a serious sub nor do I think I will ever. If I were to pick a sub it would more likely be in reaction to a bad MU than to a stage.

Justin Wiles

Smash Journeyman
I dropped Snake to pick up DK, then went back and picked up Snake again. I mostly play them because I like the characters, but I also think it's good to mix it up in a match-up.

I didn't pick either one up to deal with the other's short-comings. I will SOMETIMES pick one or the other if I know a bad match-up/stage is coming.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
The reasons you addressed SaveMe are the reasons people have secondaries. Nobody since Aizen in Melee actually plays more than two characters consistently well or really at all in tournies.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
loool, this is too good.
Okay, to answer, read my username.
you main Ness!? HIGH FIVE BRO:laugh:

being serious now, no not really. I just have 2 mains and 2 secondaries, each one being used depending on who/where i play

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
The reasons you addressed SaveMe are the reasons people have secondaries. Nobody since Aizen in Melee actually plays more than two characters consistently well or really at all in tournies.
so does ninjalink

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Atomsk begs to differ.
Lol he doesn't use Olimar that much any more and I think he's switching to MK now. He's had a pocket MK for the longest time. And to SaveMe, I think your just mad cause your other thread got locked. And ninjalink is incredibly good, but he's not winning any MLG's anytime soon. Not like anybody sans top players should ever say that though. He's 20 times better than I am, so no disrespect t him. And what is that, one person?

And to answer the thread, no. I main Marth now and Marth only. Never switched or picked up a pocket secondary since I picked him up like a couple months ago.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
No, I didn't pick up a secondary for certain stages. Everyone else said pretty much the same thing. You are wrong. Get over it and admit it.
how many people have posted here? there are only like 20 posts. not to mention that no pros have posted here. I'm also not mad that they locked my thread, I kind of lost interest in the thread after someone told me that all this community cares about is winning. They would obviously never use my rule set if that's all they care about.

EDIT: look at post #14

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
He's just whining. Lots of people have complaints about the MLG stagelist, and they need to get over it. And shouldn't this be in the general brawl discussion, now that I think about it? It has nothing to do with tactical discussion.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
He's just whining. Lots of people have complaints about the MLG stagelist, and they need to get over it. And shouldn't this be in the general brawl discussion, now that I think about it? It has nothing to do with tactical discussion.
Look what the stage list made him do though. It made him switch to MK and that was the point I was trying to make.

Top Bottom