• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you a Yoshi...?, Aug 7th, Greenville NC

coralian

Smash Rookie
.....Can I ride you?

Alright fools, Greenville NC is having its first smash tourney courtesy of myself, G.Q. and Pizza Inn

Time:
Doubles 12pm - 2pm
Singles 3pm - whenever

Singles are going to start an hour after doubles are done so this is a tentative schedule.

Prices:
singles - $10*
Doubles -$10 per team*

*pizza inn is letting us charge and additional 5 bucks if you want a med 1 topping pizza and drink, with your entry into singles or doubles. So take advantage of the cheep food.

so if you wanna enter doubles, singles and get a pizza its going to run you $20.

Prize money:

For now its looking 60(1st)/30(2nd)/10(3rd) but this will varry depending on how many people show up. Remember, the more people you drag kicking and screaming with you the more money you can win.

Rules:

Doubles and singles will both be double elimination.

MLG rules are in effect

-3 stock
-no items
-team attack on
-8 min timer

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Final Destination
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island

Counter-Pick Stages
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

let me know if I'm missing any normal stages

pitskeyblade said:
MLG: stage striking rules. Top seed strikes three stages, then the other person strikes four stages and the top seed picks a stage from the remaining two.
or

-1st stage is picked either by random, both players agreement or players eliminating stages 1 by 1 until a neutral stage is agreed upon

If you both players want to agree to a different stage picking method that's fine as long as you run it by an admin.

-No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
-if a stage can not be decided upon, both players pick a stage and random is changed accordingly.
-loser may counter pick whatever counter pick stage they desire unless they won on it in the last match.
-If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
-Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
-DeDeDe's infinite standing chain grab is banned.
-Infinite Grabs Gentlemen's rule, we would prefer if you didn't, but do what you gotta do
-normal chain grabs must be stopped after 150 dmg
-BYOC, your responsible for providing your own controller, if it doesn't work thats on you. so bring an extra controller if you need too.
-if your controller is modified in a way that allows for some sort of macro or cheating you will be disqualified.
-No stalling, which leads into the next rule
-Japanese ledge grabbing rule, more than 35 ledge grabs leads to the match going to your opponent

thats it for now, let me know if theirs anything I'm missing, suggestions, comments anything

if your coming hit me up here or pm me, if you need directions or help getting their pm me
or shoot me a text at (252) - 367 - 9393.

EDIT 1:We want things to be as close to MLG as possible so the stages have been updated accordingly, If anything needs to be changed let me know

*please note, as copious amounts of pizza will be consumed, please keep the flatulence to a minimum, as the Safety rule will be in effect
-more than 3 safety in an hour all players reserve the right to jump you.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Eh. The stages aren't that bad. I'd come to this. I'll have to see though.

*CT*

Smash Lord
I'm CPing Pirate ship if I go to this....wait nevermind just looked at the date, I'll be in Florida during this.

coralian

Smash Rookie
its pretty close to the MLG stage set, and luigi's mansion is only for doubles, sorry if I forgot to clarify.

does anyone have a problem with the payout setup? Once again everything is open to suggestions. This is the first tournament in the area and the 1st one I have run so I'm still working out the finer points.

Its Gq

Smash Rookie
We are welcome to any suggestion's. MLG Format is being considered. Thanks for input positive or negative. its our first time directing and any advice is greatly appreciated.

RyutsNoir

Smash Cadet
Take out Pirate ship, add either Lylat or PS1 to neutral (1 of them not both)

and take out PS2 (hate that stage XD)

and it needs to be 1st 60/ 2nd 30/ 3rd 10 split

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Come on NC, behave yourself, this person is helping us with providing tourneys.

Coralian the 7th may not be the best date. A National tourney in NJ will be that weekend and a majority of NC will be there. The weekend after this date is unoccupied i believe. Thanks for the contribution.

and yes, usually for brawl we elect the MLG rule set. It's easy and will help when MLG rolls around.

the pay out should be 60,30,10.

Its Gq

Smash Rookie
Its on a fixed schedule. we are leaving out of town for Miami on 13th and wont get back until the 22nd. We know we cant compete with mlg and we cant schedule the tournament any sooner. So the 7th is a lock. we will add another neutral stage. Thats for sure. We will have the rules edited by July 20th. Thanks

coralian

Smash Rookie
well If I had known anyone in this tiny town played smash 7 years ago this would have been started a long time ago lol

Top Bottom