• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So DJ Nintendo... 6 months passed by, so far $0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
To start this post off, I would like to say that KevinM gave me permission to repost this 6 months ago. Please leave the spam out, this is also to keep the community informed.

Apex is around the corner, so I think I should bring this up again.

DJ still hasn't payed a cent of what he still owes me from pound 4. I've been talking to him in PM, said he was going to get a census job, didn't happen. He got into training for another job, and he lost it blaming that his manager was an ***. I've seen he's been going to events still just from name searching him in the tournament results forum. Job hunting really hasn't been that hard yet I don't see how you can keep affording to be going to tournaments. I also see your team won around $90 too, congratulations man. The question is... Where are you getting the money to go to an enter this stuff? What about all of your debts with other smashers? From what it seems like, in every one of your PMs I'm just hearing excuses and excuses to stall and not pay your debts off.

As from my previous thread from about 1/2 a year ago, I shall now list the debts you probably still owe everyone.

Me: $210.32 from you and your friends, which you said that you guys only needed credit card on record for the room, but never gave me the money that was charged on my card for said room.

Lovage: "DJ owes my friend in socal (the great leon) like 250 for a plane ticket to pat's house"

HBK: "dj owes me like 200 for a ticket to fast. or i think it was tipped off. "

Skidadle: "He owes my friend 50$ (Lamugi)"

toasty: "For the record, DJ owes me $320.20"

(previous thread I am referencing to: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=262734 )

I don't know how DJ keeps getting out while being jobless and doing all of this stuff. But from what i've gathered, I've counted he owes $1030.52 just from what people posted in the previous thread (which closed pretty quickly)

Alex Strife mentioned that he was going to ban you until you've payed stuff up, but have any of these people gotten a cent back yet? I sure know I haven't gotten anything, while it seems you've lost a job really quickly after having a poor manager.

I am calling him out again, I don't want this happening to someone else at APEX just because DJ is a well-known figure in the smash community. Even if it's a top, or very popular player asking you, never let them bum things like money off of you.

Warrior knight, I know he's your VERY good friend. I know DJ is a cool guy when you're hanging out with him. But when you have to deal with the money issues, oh god... You told me to give him a bit after Pound 4. I believe 6 months is more than a bit.

I'm not out to trash him...it's about information.

After Tipped Off 5 in September of last year, when I was not paid upon his arrival, as promised, or even during his visit to Georgia, if I made a public thread about that the following would have never happened:
- G$ would not have gotten him a ticket to Florida quite soon after TO5
- The Great Leon would not have gotten him a ticket to Pat's House in..November?
- Rei would not have been inclined to "help him out because they needed a credit card" [iirc] for the hotel at Pound...only to be left hanging...and then make THIS thread...TWICE.

So like it's been said several times, this is MAINLY so no one else has to experience something like this.

People also need to understand that banning someone from an event like Apex isn't as much a punishment as it is a preventative measure. Attending Apex will require money, no matter which way you look at it. This is money he does not have. These unavoidable costs [fees/food/travel costs] will either be fronted by someone else OR they will come from whatever money he MAY have [though by simple virtue of owing others, that money is not "his"].

Basically it's just adding on yet another debt to an already-outrageous tab.

Like I said, everything that happened with PBnJ didn't directly result in everyone being paid back. It didn't necessarily motivate him to right his wrongs, either. Over a period of time, direct and unrelenting communication were major factors in "motivating" him, aside from his own personal struggles with whatever problems/barriers that got him in that position.

I'm pretty sure this situation will have to follow a similar path.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Rei, thanks for doing this (again).

I've been left just as, if not more, frustrated as you in my efforts to collect...****...even INFORMATION on being repaid, let alone the money itself. He just stopped responding to my PMs altogether.

I tried asking NY players to step up and at least help him get his act together, but nothing got through to him so they just gave up and, instead, decided to enable him by taking him to tourneys [/letting him enter] to avoid drama/conflict.

Certain people also made certain "promises" about action to be taken against him, which have since been withdrawn. <---You need to man the **** up. Don't be a p****.

@DJ:
I've tried to be as nice as possible about this. I just don't understand. I originally had a lot more typed up...but really what's the point?

For the record:
Obviously, he still owes me the $320.20 for his ticket to Tipped Off 5...in September. 10 months ago.

And, as far as I know, he still owes G$ for his ticket to Gigabits [or Florida Gaming, or whatever the **** it was in FL...you know...just a short minute after Tipped Off 5.]

Why do we have to go through all this nonsense again?

Do I have to write your mom a letter like I wrote one to PBnJ's?
[speaking of which, good **** PBnJ for paying everyone back, though that **** was like pulling teeth LOL...at least you paid the major debts back]

D1

Banned via Administration
Oh wow after hearing PBnJ was clean, I didn't know DJN still owed cash. He's definitely still jobless...well we'll see what happens now that this resurfaced.

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
Toasty, you might as well write that letter now. I doubt he's putting any effort into paying people off. It's been 6 months for Rei, and he's the most recent DJN creditor on the list. I would guess that he has no intention of paying any of you folks off any time soon.

Aside from hassling DJN himself, the best way to get him to pay up is to make sure everybody knows about this ****.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
See the sad truth is I STILL don't know if that kind of thing would do any good.

Honestly 5-6 MONTHS went by after everything with Evan became public [or at least since his family was informed]...and then I STILL had to call Evan to ask him about the money. Then I kept calling and calling and, basically, gently harassing until I not only got my money back but, eventually, The Great Leon's.

So we really have no choice in the matter but turning into creditors who keep calling ALL. THE. TIME.

It's not worth it to go to small claims court and all of that nonsense.

Reioumu

Smash Lord
I'm not just doing this as trying to bug him to get his **** together and get my money back, but to try to keep other smashers informed so they don't have to go through what I had to.

No matter what, don't believe people when it comes to money unless they have it up front. Saying that "we only need a credit card." instead of "We have no money to pay for our room."

HugS™

Smash Lord
DJ Nintendo is a coward. When he's confronted with something he should respond to, he avoids it like the plague and tries to pretend that he's somehow above the "drama". In reality, he's just a coward.

He owes my friend, The Great Leon, well over 200$.

To make things worse, he just recently offered MIMI, a female smasher from Las Vegas, a PAID plane ticket to Apex. With tickets running at a minimum of 300$, it seems DJ is down to spend other people's money just to get some *****.

Needless to say, she declined his offer, as no female alive wants to get with a broke down, broke ***, limp ****ed, tournament losing, dry **** having, money robbing coward.

Good thing there's smash, he could certainly make some money off of that to pay back these debts.
Oh wait...

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
DJ I wont say bad things about but if he does not pay he is not coming to Apex or Saffron or any tournaments I or Crismas is running.

I am not asking for him to pay all of it by apex but at least make the attempt to help these people. I am beyond pissed to what he did to Rei. He is more of a friend to me than most smashers and Id do anything for him , seb, EE and others.

Talk to him, show us you know what you are doing and leave it at that.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Honestly, as funny as this thread is to me I do feel it's unnecessary. He did something wrong to many people, yes, but in reality even if you think this is the right thing to do, call him out on it publicy...In fact, we are all ultimatey responsible for our own actions. It's DJ's fault for making you trust him, but it's also everyone's fault for lending him money.

I've lent people money and never been paid back, and from that I've learned, whenever I make a decision, I think of the consequences.

"If I lend this person 200 dollars, will they pay me back? If they don't and I'm out 200 dollars, will I be in a financial rut?" And, if they don't pay me back I'm already prepared for what's going to happen. I promptly stop talking to that person, wish them the best of luck, and move on with my life and learn from the situation.

Even if it wasn't your intention and I don't think it was, this is a public humiliation to DJN. It's obvious he has responsibility problems, and that's going to cause him enough problems in his life. Is it necessary to destroy his image in this community as well?

Just sayin.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
ill write it right now LOL thank you...btw dude i just wanted to let you know i was very very impressed with playing you @ mdz's house. You're super good.

Pi

Smash Hero
Honestly, as funny as this thread is to me I do feel it's unnecessary. He did something wrong to many people, yes, but in reality even if you think this is the right thing to do, call him out on it publicy...In fact, we are all ultimatey responsible for our own actions. It's DJ's fault for making you trust him, but it's also everyone's fault for lending him money.

I've lent people money and never been paid back, and from that I've learned, whenever I make a decision, I think of the consequences.

"If I lend this person 200 dollars, will they pay me back? If they don't and I'm out 200 dollars, will I be in a financial rut?" And, if they don't pay me back I'm already prepared for what's going to happen. I promptly stop talking to that person, wish them the best of luck, and move on with my life and learn from the situation.

Even if it wasn't your intention and I don't think it was, this is a public humiliation to DJN. It's obvious he has responsibility problems, and that's going to cause him enough problems in his life. Is it necessary to destroy his image in this community as well?

Just sayin.
It's called consequences

DJ messed up, and these are the consequences.

Are you suggesting that if you get ripped off you should just keep it to yourself and not forewarn others?

If you buy some merchandise from a store, and it turns out to be ****, and they don't refund your purchase or compensate you in any way, don't you think it's only fair to warn others before they make the same mistake?

Inevitably the accused is going to take some **** for having screwed over the person(s), it is the natural order of things, you screw someone over, get caught, and suffer the consequences.

PB&J went through a similar thing, but has since paid people back and has shown effort in becoming a respectable member of the community.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I spoke with him Friday so hopefully that helps.

We have to remember this is not him paying all his money back before a major tournament but just the attempt is what I am asking for.

If he makes the attempt and some money is given I would let him enter since he should be paying them back in general.

I hope I am not disappointed in that decision.

toasty

Smash Hero
LOL exactly HugS

Edited my previous post.

Though from reading your posts in the other thread, it seems like you've still afforded him a gray area in which he can sit pretty, go to Apex, and still be deep in debt.

I don't think he should be allowed any levity in the situation given how much he has already received since this all became public almost 6 months ago.

He's made the same tired speeches and posts before..."I'm gonna turn my life around...I'm gonna fix my priorities...I'm not gonna go to tourneys anymore...I won't be playing Smash much anymore"

He'll say whatever it takes to get by and to not be bothered about it.

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
well in that case maybe we should not let him enter at all then. Although if he places in teh money we can just take his winnings towards helping paying for people.

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
Why would you let someone earn there debt through a video game? also gambling?

Looking out for your sake, but he shouldn't get the chance to repay debt by winning or placing in a tourney.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol this **** again.

come on DJ you got this, don't let everyone down. you don't really want to be that guy.

good **** on MIMI's part tho lol.

@jbm-it doesn't matter how they get the money, as long as it doesn't involve stealing from other ppl. its not like its some scrub, dj has ability to win money off smash. he obviously isn't applying his earnings to the people he owes.

people trusted him and its assumed he has viable means to pay them back.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
djn owes me $158!

lol jk

djn HAS been ****ed over by the economy. he lives with his mother desperately looking for a job. he only goes to tournaments as an escape from his life. literally to quit life.

i cant really defend him because i dont know the full extent of his situation. the only people that do are him and maybe chops. theres no reason why this should be made public imo because it doesnt involve the entire community.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
he lives in nyc. theres jobs.

sell ****ing crack and seriously make paper doing it if you have to.

no excuse for not getting a job in nyc, my homeless (literally homeless in nyc) friend just got a job at a drug store, djn has the benefit of living with his mom not a dark alleyway.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lets not forget that he borrowed this money, he didn't just get in a bad situation and interest accrued putting him deeper into the hole.

he made a conscious decision, NO JOHNS!

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
mana- y is your homeless friend getting a job at a store full of drugs...dont u think thats a lil contradictory...just sayin

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
he lives in nyc. theres jobs.

sell ****ing crack and seriously make paper doing it if you have to.

no excuse for not getting a job in nyc, my homeless (literally homeless in nyc) friend just got a job at a drug store, djn has the benefit of living with his mom not a dark alleyway.

Couldn't help myself

Hax

Smash Champion
me and dj are friends but as far as jobs go i don't wanna hear it, getting a minimum wage job is easy as **** in NYC. as undesirable as a minimum wage job may be DJ has no excuse for not paying his debts after half a year.

on a side note, Eggm where's my $500 you piece of ****

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
i thought ironic is the opposite of what is expected, which wouldn't be ironic at all cuz of course a homeless guy is going to get a job at a drug store.

toasty

Smash Hero
lets not forget that he borrowed this money, he didn't just get in a bad situation and interest accrued putting him deeper into the hole.

he made a conscious decision, NO JOHNS!
<3
djn owes me $158!

lol jk

djn HAS been ****ed over by the economy. he lives with his mother desperately looking for a job. he only goes to tournaments as an escape from his life. literally to quit life.

i cant really defend him because i dont know the full extent of his situation. the only people that do are him and maybe chops. theres no reason why this should be made public imo because it doesnt involve the entire community.
I wouldn't condone something like this if I didn't know the situation.

My source is as close to reliable as it can get.

I don't know all of what you heard or from whom, but I'll only go so far as to say that your description of his "plight" is inaccurate and misleading.

oh wait...I'll address this one:
he lives with his mother desperately looking for a job.
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Jonas

Smash Champion
ManaLord,
If he starts to deal drugs, things will lead to other things, and he'd soon owe money to people from that enviroment instead of smashers. It's a terrible advice, Mana. Getting an honest job is a much better way of paying off your debts.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
you're all a bunch of ****ing drama llamas

it's just money

in unrelated news, i don't see how talking **** about a dude all over the internet will inspire him to pay you back any faster

the truth is, there's maybe two or three people on this entire ****ing website that know the dude well enough to judge whether or not he's having a legitimate hard time trying to pay people back, or if he's just being a lazy douche.

also, even more unrelated news, did you cumrags ever consider that maybe the most important thing in his life isn't finding a minimum wage job as fast as possible to pay off his smash bros debt? maybe he's qualified for a much better job, which a few of you mongloids may be able to reason out takes longer to find.

i could go on for hours about all the idiocy in this thread, but it boils down to this: mind your ****ing business. just because some ****** decided to talk on the internet about how some guy owes him money doesn't mean that you, an innocent bystander with no previous knowledge of the situation (who's been told everything about this situation by someone with a no doubt rather skewed point of view), should hop in and immediately start criticizing.

but I'm rambling now. stop being ******s

Reioumu

Smash Lord
one of the main reasons I made this thread was also as a 'friendly' reminder to other smashers.

Also, I've been talking with him in pms for the last few months, but each time it's the same story over and over again. I'm getting pretty tired of it. Not everyone enjoys their jobs, but they need them to make money and continue living (somewhat) comfortable. So what if getting a minimum wage job isn't ideal? The fact that the guy is broke and has no job, I'm pretty sure that getting a job (even a minimum wage one) should be near, if not, the top of his priorities instead of just playing smash.

Also, it's gotten to a point where he's been "borrowing" money from a lot of other people, his debts have accumulated to over $1000 and it seems like it's only getting worse.

Jonas

Smash Champion
also, even more unrelated news, did you cumrags ever consider that maybe the most important thing in his life isn't finding a minimum wage job as fast as possible to pay off his smash bros debt? maybe he's qualified for a much better job, which a few of you mongloids may be able to reason out takes longer to find.
There's no reason he shouldn't just take whatever job he could get (legitimate job, not drug dealing), because it would allow him to pay off his debt.
Getting a job doesn't mean your job search stops. You can just quit once you find something better. Everyone starts out with ****ty jobs, no matter what their qualifications.

Besides, getting a job and becoming debt free is so amazing, no matter what the job is. He can't do it fast enough.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
mana- y is your homeless friend getting a job at a store full of drugs...dont u think thats a lil contradictory...just sayin
well, he might just work the counter at a pharmacy or something

it's not like he's a pharmacy technician or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom