• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zeno's Bar: Weds Weekly Smashfests + More - Columbus, Ohio

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Supz folks.

I have been going to the Zeno's Bar Gatherings every Wednesday for about 2 months now. This group usually does other fighters, but they encourage people to bring setups for whatever they want.

So me and Frenchman have been bringing Brawl and have even gotten a few people interested in it.... thus the Smashboards Thread was made!

(Cool Made picture coming soon)

Zeno's... What?

http://www.zenosbar.com/
One of the SRK community has rented out the place every Wednesday from 5 till close (2 am).
We get the whole basement during this time.
The link above has the pics of the room which are under the "Promotions" tab. The bottom two pictures are where we are.
Space wise, there is more space than Wings and Brew (roughly the same as Delta Upsilon).
Even though it is a bar.... people under 21 may come. (A few players form SRK are 15-16 years old)

When?
5 pm till 2 am (Or as long as you can)
I usually have to work the next day, so I'm there till 9:30ish.

Where?
Zeno's: Good Food-Cocktails
384 West 3rd Avenue
Columbus, OH 43201-3318

PLEASE PARK AT...
BEHIND THE RESTAURANT
IN FRONT OF THE OUTSIDE BASEMENT STAIRS
THE LOT ACROSS THE STREET
OR ACROSS THE STREET ON 3rd GOING TOWARD NEIL (Watch the signs).
Anywhere else requires a "Harrison West" parking pass.

Again we are in the basement, which can be reached in either the outside stairs OR the first door on the right when you walk in from the Street Corner exit.

How do I get there?
COTA BUS ROUTE
For those on Campus or car less....
There is a COTA stop at Niel and West 3rd Ave. About 2 blocks from the venue (walk west, away from High Street)
I for the life of me cannot figure out the bus schedule on the site (due to never needing to us it)
If anyone is able to, let me know so I can post it here.
I do know that the Local (Blue one) Route: 7 goes through there....
BUT the map says it does on Weekdays, but the Route page says Sundays... IDK.

DRIVERS
Frenchmen can also give rides (I can sometimes, will post when I can/can't), however he usually leaves early like myself.

FAQ
How much is it?
Venue is only 2 dollars, but if you bring a setup... it's free just like tournes. If a lot of people don't come however, be prepared to pay the 2 bucks anyways (I think they need something like 25-30 in order to pay for the day). Some people, like myself, pay up to 10 just to cover it for awhile, but try to help out if you plan on coming to more. No pressure though.

Food?
Zeno's has a pretty decent menu (known for their Pizza, but I haven't tried it myself)
Also free Pop comes with the Venue fee.
I think most people eat beforehand. I usually get something or bring leftover lunch.

Who comes?
For Smash, it has been Me and Frenchmen. Sometimes Tako.
If you haven't seen me before, I'll be the only one there with a Shirt and Tie (I come straight from work)
The local SRK scene (mostly plays SSF4 on 360, with some PS3 setups... including mine) usually shows up in bulk around 7.

Setups?
Right now I have a TV that stays there (labeled "Keist"). This will always be for Brawl, unless I say otherwise.
There are also 3 other TVs there to hook up stuff, but please ask first. Otherwise, just bring your own!

I walked in and saw a ton of people doing Karaoke... am I at the right place?

Wednesday nights is Karaoke nights in the upstairs part of the bar. We are in the downstairs part of the bar. But feel free to go sing too! (I might sometime in the future... heh)

I want to go but I'm under 21....
Not a question but...
Age doesn't matter here. I have seen from 16-32 year olds. ONe person even brought their "little brother" who was 10.

I want to play _________ but I don't have a controller, what do I do?
Just ask! The players at SRK are just about as friendly as we are and can lend out controllers. I will always have 2 PS3 controllers (and soon a PS2 controller that works on 360).
Please pay them the same respects by bringing extra cube controllers/wiimotes!

I want to play ___________ but it's not at Zeno's, should I bring it?

Yes and Yes. From what I have seen, if two - three people start a game others will want to join or at least learn about it. This group usually switches up games per week. (One week it was Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, last week it was Virtual Fighter 5 and the new Blazblue)

OTHER REGIONS/CITIES ARE WELCOMED!!!!!

Post here if you need rides/have any other questions.

This thread is part of the Columbus Smashfest Series

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
Lots of good info in this thread. I'll probably make it there this Wednesday. Life took a huge dump on me this past week, but things are finally starting to calm down.

For people who may be looking for rides there or back: I drive to Zeno's from around 161 and Cleveland Ave, if you're on my way I can probably pick you up (Westerville, Worthington, and Campus areas. Extra consideration for people who are a bit out of the way if they offer occasional gas money or bring a setup that might be used).

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
You can count me in, but due to a schedule problem, I will be there around eight or nine that night.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I sadly have to do a night install for work, so I will not be here this weekend.

My TV will still be so feel free to still go and bring a wii or some more setups!

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
I sadly have to do a night install for work, so I will not be here this weekend.

My TV will still be so feel free to still go and bring a wii or some more setups!
Bringing my console and computer.

Man, but I really wanted to see you again. Oh well, I can see FlyingFrenchman again. =-D

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Oh nooo, my (fight) ride moneeeeyyyy!

That being said, possible ride from someone - de arimasuka? I've got a full setup with me.

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
If you're not showing up until that late Fort, I think I may have to call off for this Wednesday as well =\. Finally getting back to work this week, so I have to be up at 5:30. I'll be wanting to leave right as you get there.

Lucina Clash

Smash Apprentice
More problems have officially arisen. I severely doubt I will even be able to go until September since college class is on Wednesday.

Duckman

Smash Rookie
So how long do you think you guys will be doing this? I'm going to OSU (but not taking summer classes right now) so I could make it starting fall quarter.

No one near me brawls at home :(

I really need to find smasher at college though

QUIVO

Smash Master
If my new roommate lets me, I'll still hold these. The problem is that people would need to commute to grandview, which is probably a 15-20 minute drive from campus. That's with traffic.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Second thought, probably won't be here. Smashed at Quivo's for like 12 hours yesterday. Gonna do something else today.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Juu just reminded me what day it was today. Maybe I'll be there later on - if I'm not there by 8:00pm, don't expect me to show.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Yeah, I made it out there. I got to meet MX and play against him. Was awesome. Remember guys, possible smashfest at Quivo's on Sunday.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Aye, if anyone wants to possibly play tomorrow during the day (after 230 to like, 6-7 maybe? I'm down... ESPECIALLY IF ITS BRAWL MINUS : D )

Seriously, Brawl Minus is AMAZING. I could play that **** all night. Toon Link Minus *****

TheKiest

Smash Champion
It's that time again.

I'll be able to stay a little later than usual, BUT I'm taking my TV for the OUGA tourney this weekend.

Top Bottom