• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[SA] Adelaide - Valhalla, November

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Brawl specifics.

this is a trial competition being run at Valhalla by Terra, although he will gladly turn it over to anyone with a keen sense of all things Smash Bros.

The prize for this Brawl 1v1 competition is a $50 winner takes all. Brawl doubles will recieve minor prizes pending demand. Success for this trial will be at least half a dozen players.

You will need to buy a $10 ticket at the door

Rulesets should be the same as used at Reloaded. If you'd like to have some input into this, please post on the Valhalla forums as well as here. at www.valhalla.net.au

As the poster says you will be able to get your tickets for half price. Tickets will be released early next week, but its expected that upon presentation of your student ID you will recieve half price for that ID only. One half price ticket per ID. Another announcement will be made here when they are available.

Other competitions not mentioned on the image, should include a potential trial for a Madden console competition (pending availability), possibly blazblue and other tournaments. The list is by no means final, and feel free to have your say in the relative input threads.

If your primary reason for attending is "leeching" then we will now be grouping you in a specific seating area to greater benefit everyone at the LAN.

Cash prizes for this event:
Counterstrike Source 5v5 - $200
Call of Duty 4 5v5 - $150
Tekken VI - $50
Superstreetfighter IV - $50
Starcraft 2 1v1 - $50
Smash Bros Brawl - $50

Other competitions can be nominated or suggested in the leadup to the event in the relative threads.
PC - http://www.valhalla.net.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20708&p=197099
Console - http://www.valhalla.net.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20709

Event timetable (preliminary) is here.
Seating reservation map and thread is here

Valhalla prizes are made possible thanks to our awesome sponsors at Allneeds, Engineering IT, Static Mammal, Thermaltake, Steelseries and Anyware. Valhalla events are made possible due to our awesome admin team. If you'd like to be part of the team please email committee@valhalla.net.au

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
To be fair, they're judging it a success if 6 entrants turn up. $50 prize for a minimum 6 man tournament is not bad.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
lol.

oh adelaide, with your bizarre ways. you know we love you.

...wait, who am I kidding?

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
bear in mind that Valhalla is about 1/3 the size of Relaoded (230 ppl instead of 800), with a total cash prize pool over ALL comps of $500 instead of the $4000 at Reloaded. This isnt aimed at people from interstate, this is something we're trying to run for smash people.

Think of valhalla as practice for the one big event of the year in SA and you get the picture. Im going to be more inclined to support major smash tournaments at future events if the local community supports it when we do smaller events.

If you spend $100 on food you're doing it wrong.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Nevermind the haters Wookie. Keep at it and try to get SA to grow!
SA had some great players back in the day and does now as well. Keep at it and help that community grow.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Yep I am coming to this, that $50 is definitely mine.

Not really, I'm happy to help pique interest for this and make sure things are running smoothly. But just smash.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
bear in mind that Valhalla is about 1/3 the size of Relaoded (230 ppl instead of 800), with a total cash prize pool over ALL comps of $500 instead of the $4000 at Reloaded. This isnt aimed at people from interstate, this is something we're trying to run for smash people.

Think of valhalla as practice for the one big event of the year in SA and you get the picture. Im going to be more inclined to support major smash tournaments at future events if the local community supports it when we do smaller events.

If you spend $100 on food you're doing it wrong.
Quoted the whole thing for truth.

I definatly see this as a good thing. Ill most likely be there.

If your spending $100 on food in 2 meals at the same event your actually trying to make money from your definatly doing it wrong. At Valhalla all you need is Lunch, Tea and snacks for 1 day.

tedeth

Smash Master
Jamage. You're dumb. Like super dumb. Like I can't even believe how dumb you are.

If I'm flying from interstate, I'd assume I'd be eating out alot, even if I was housed.

Assume I'm flying in one day, going to the tourney the next day, then flying out the day after.

AT LEAST 1 meal on the day I fly in (most likely 2).

3 meals the day I'm there.

AS LEAST 1 meal on the day I fly back (most likely 2).

+ all the other food I'd buy inbetween meals.

Easily gonna spend 100 bucks on food. And that's being lenient..

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
ok im a fat guy who eats a lot, and ive never spent $100 on food at a lan. ever.

In any case, smash will be run at august 21 val, and if you can make it great. iof you cant, we'll miss you

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Tedeth is trying to get at the fact that going to Valhalla means more than eating at the Lan. It's about budgeting for a trip to another state entirely.

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i get that. Again, this isnt a major event like Reloaded, and isnt aimed at interstate people but at building a decent local competition for the interstate guys to play against at Reloaded

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
building a decent local competition for the interstate guys to play against at Reloaded
See ted?
How hard is that to get.

Also wookie, is valhalla run like, DURING THE DAY?
That would mean the potential of actual YOUTH attending tournaments! No more "you aren't going to some creepy large warehouse you were invited to over the internet and staying there from x-pm to 10am the next day!"

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Yeah i get that. Again, this isnt a major event like Reloaded, and isnt aimed at interstate people but at building a decent local competition for the interstate guys to play against at Reloaded
Any help buliding is awesome. I know a few people at Relaoded who ive seen in Valhalla pics play smash but dont go to any other Smash events in Adelaide so dont play againstthe best playersand enter any tournaments outside reloaded but if the comps and better players come to them it can only help. Being north is also good as the other regular Smash tournaments are both south of the city.

Ted im sorry I wasnt clear enough that I was only considering food for the day not for anyone staying 3 days from interstate which as Wookie said this isnt aimed at interstate people and if someone were to come down for Valhalla just for Smash they could probly fly over here in the morning and leave that night or the next morning.
But yeah 3 days eating well, I spose you could easily wax $100.

zApollo

Smash Ace
Yeah the old SG times for brawl were pretty bad, but that's changed to more respectable hours now.

Then we can possibly start developing our own PR as further incentive for local competition.

And shaya my friend, it's a church. Big difference =P

The_Wookie

Smash Apprentice
Valhalla is a single day event. This competition will be run either early afternoon or evening. No competitions at Valhalla run after midnight.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
so jamage i see you got dave to attend last tourney
oli? suhayb? the rest? lol

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
so jamage i see you got dave to attend last tourney
oli? suhayb? the rest? lol
Were all supposed to be there as I spoke to a few of them about a week b4 and said they were keen to get back into Smash and help revive Melee in Adelaide. No idea why they didnt show. Dave attends about every Streetgeek anyway he just doesnt come on here no more :(

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
they probably didnt show for the same reason none of us showed lolololol

also jamage isnt just dumb, he's bad at running tourneys although he claims he's really good lol.

if by really good you mean "not being in the same room as the tourney for 9/10th's of the day and never able to be found, leaving the tourney to run by itself which is a bad idea, so luke comes in and runs everything and saves the day" then yes, your good at running tourneys.

zApollo

Smash Ace
It's not Jamage's fault that he volunteers to run several console and sport competitions at any one time. It's because people like myself cannot be motivated to take the role of running the smash tournament and lessen the load.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
however, when I offered to run the tourney for him, he refused, despite the fact that I am experianced and well known and had reccomendations, and even then I still ended up running it anyway lol.
so it is his fault, at least for that one tourney.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
It's not Jamage's fault that he volunteers to run several console and sport competitions at any one time. It's because people like myself cannot be motivated to take the role of running the smash tournament and lessen the load.
Thankyou Apollo. Nova did help out a fair bit this year and this ran a bit smoother than Relaoded 5 which Luke seems to be the only one complaining abaout anyway.

however, when I offered to run the tourney for him, he refused, despite the fact that I am experianced and well known and had reccomendations, and even then I still ended up running it anyway lol.
so it is his fault, at least for that one tourney.
Id never met you before and knew almot nothing about you at the time and from your bad attitude on the forums it just wasnt going to happen.
In future Id be happy for people like you and Shaya to pretty much take over with the on the day running of the comps.

Also weve already been through this and you did barely anything to run the tourney at Relaoded 5 I did all the work.
Funny how in person you were quite nice to me but now youve got your screen to hide behind.......

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lololol really? I wasnt particuly nice, I was just helpful but I'm sure I gave you the usual smartass quip treatment in person, you ask anybody thats met me and you'll soon findout how wrong that statement is.

also what do you propose running a tourney consitutes, since I was organizing and staying on top of the bracket, finding people and getting them to play their matches, managing and staying on top of everything, making sure setups werent being sitting idle, and I even did the seeding.

anyways I just tell it how it is, if you find it offensive then thats your problem, and if you find it overly offensive then thats funny.

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
Well it looks like you had some things to say to me but when I was there and you could have said them to my face you only had good things to say.
Next time be a man and come disscuss things with me about what could have been done better rather than whinging like a child on the internet ffs.

There is no need for this hostility which you started. We obviously have some different opinions. I can agree to disagree, can you?

Ill say this one last time helping do the seeding and finding a few people to get matches going is nothing compared to all the organising, planning, running etc that I did at Reloaded 5.

Can we get back on topic now plz?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol sure buddy, I should probably point out however that I did tell you right to your face what you were doing wrong and what you needed to be doing and you would always brush it off with "yeah yeah sure" and then dissapear again.
if your too ******** to remember that and would rather accuse me of being a coward then cool, go with that.

I'll say this one last time, I have way more experiance with tourneys then you and I know what I'm talking about.

besides, what can I say man, I love to hate

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol....
I didn't really help out much, Jamage.
I just disqualified half the bracket for being slow and stupid.
cbf waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom