• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darklink and KiraFlax Presents "APRD2" Tempe, AZ July 24th

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Darklink and KiraFlax Presents:
"APRD2"
(Arizona Power Ranking Decision 2)

DATE

July 24th READ THIS CAREFULLY

REGISTRATION: 11:00pm (GET YO ***'GA *** HERE BY 11:45 !!!) I'm being strict on starting on time, FOR REAL THIS TIME.
Edit: YOU BETTER BE HERE

BRAWl DOUBLES: 12:00
BRAWL SINGLES (no pools) BRACKET: 3PM
BRAWL MK BAN! (no pools) BRACKET: 3PM

Darklink and KiraFlax's place
2131 E. 10th St #2
Tempe, AZ 85281

Please don't use a GPS navigation system (or Google Maps or Mapquest) to get to my address. It'll route you through a permanently closed gate.

From ASU: go east on University, turn right just before you get to Price Rd/101 (into the Jack in the Box plaza). The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back gate. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

From the 101: take the University exit and turn west. Turn left immediately into the Jack in the Box plaza. The condo complex is in the back corner of that plaza. Go into the condo complex and follow the road all the way to the back. I live in the building to the right of the back gate, in the back, away-from-the-gate corner.

Parking: Most of the parking are assigned spaces to residents, but there are a bunch of visitor spots around the complex. Here is a map of them. Pretty much any space marked "Visitor" (usually with a yellow curb) is fair game, as are any of the spots by the pool.

By Orbit: Take the Orbit Mercury line to Escalante Center (it picks up around College & 6th at ASU, I think). Head east a tiny bit and you'll see a gate closing off a condo complex to your left. There is a human-sized door in the left part of the gate that's usually open. If it's closed, give me a call

FEES

This time we are having one payment for an entry into brawl singles and brawl mk ban! This Strictly means u may not pay part of the price to get into one only, its all or none or get screwed over.

BRAWL SINGLES/MK Ban: $10

BRAWL DOUBLES: $10 A TEAM ($5 person)

POT SPLITS

BRAWL

1-10 entrants (1-5 Teams)

1st: 70%
2nd: 30%

11-20 entrants (6-10 Teams)

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

21+ (11+ teams)

1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%

GENERAL RULES

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. ***

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. ***

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match ***
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Additional Rules for Doubles Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

* Hanenbow may be moved from Ban to Counterpick for Doubles

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to the TO's attention.

* The semi-final and championship sets should be in at least best of 5 format.

* Drugs and Alcohol should be prohibited at most tournaments due to minor involvement and potential legal issues.

* Initiating ANY suicide move results in a victory for the person who initiated it

* Ice climbers infinite is legal up until 200%

* Be nice to KiraFlax.

* 40 Ledge grab Rule: You cannot grab the ledge any more than 40 times in any match. Breaking this rule results in automatic match lost.

* The Tournament Organizer has the final say period, and the right to kick anyone out.

STAGES (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)

NEUTRAL

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville
- Yoshi’s Island

COUNTERPICK

* Castle Siege
* Brinstar
* Frigate Orpheon
* Rainbow Cruise
* Halberd
* Delfino Plaza
* Pokémon Stadium

STAGE STRIKING IS IN EFFECT AND BOTH PLAYERS MAY BAN ONE STAGE

CONTACT

Chris- 602 -696 -7917 (CALL OR TEXT)

Kira- 480 - 294- 9440 (CALL or TEXT)

RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, KEEP AN EYE ON THE THREAD

PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cannot stress this enough we only have one brawl setup but plenty of tvs. We need them!

WII+BRAWL
1. Venue

TV
1. Venue
2. Venue
3. Venue
4. Venue
5. Venue

Tokyoinamerica

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tokyodown
No venue???!?!?!?!??!

One last thing is the MK banned tournament the same as the regular Brawl singles?
I'll be there with my bro hopefully. Might have work.

Duff0

Smash Ace
Too bad the rest of Glendale crew stopped playing smash so you can't carpool with them.

Like I said before, I won't be able to come.

Jane

Smash Hero
im not going either but im still gonna post in this thread and theres not a **** thing anyone can do to stop meh!

aarnone

Smash Rookie
The Glendale crew has not all quit! It's just that it's last remaining member is moving in a month :p I'll be there, I think. I'll see about getting Black Chrimson a ride, I'll just need to talk to him

k9.

Smash Ace
well i can attend this it fells like i haven't been to a tourney in a while lol

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
I also hope that it can be postponed to a later date, as I have overtime that day. If I can make it I'll bring my console+Brawl.

lonewolf537

Smash Journeyman
* Ice climbers infinite is legal up until 200%

* Be nice to KiraFlax.

* 40 Ledge grab Rule: You cannot grab the ledge any more than 40 times in any match. Breaking this rule results in automatic match lost.

lol kira

RaveRemix

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'm probably not much of a threat to the power rankings, but I consistently get top 8 in every local anime convention Brawl tourney I've gone to, so don't cast me off as a newbie either lol.

I'm no better than a Metaknight user- I projectile spam my way to victory. :(

Duff0

Smash Ace
You can't host on the 31st though because that's the Tucson Melee tournament.

Remix: I think I remember you from Comicon. Glasses right?

xxwolfwoodxx1

Smash Apprentice
welcome to the AZ brawl scene Rave, I look forward to seeing more of you

I Think I can make this rather easily, and I have a setup to boot. Since I'm so sure I can make this I really hope that it doesn't get resceduled.

is the power ranking and social thread down because this is for new PR???

what's this I hear about the glendale brawlers quitting brawl??

Duff0

Smash Ace
Speed and Burt just got bored and are playing other games. Real AI still might head to the tournament Saturday, but he's primarily a magic player. Arnone still wants to play smash but I think he just doesn't have a consistent way to get to Tempe

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Even though some people can't go this week, it's possible that it could only get worse.

Next weekend is the melee tournament, Weekend after is apex/school starts for some people, weekend after that school starts more more people, weekend after that is the 24th which I'm not sure could be when ASU starts, or at least I wouldn't make it ( :( ;D :p), and then after that is September and delaying a tournament for a month is stupid.

Top Bottom