• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange Glitch - Phantom Hit Tornado?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I've stage spiked someone with tornado when they appeared to be significantly out of range of it

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I've never seen that before. I didn't know phantom hits existed in Brawl.

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Or have any knockback.

I believe in Melee, we had phantom/ghost hits where there was knockback and no damage or vice versa.

I rested with no knockback once, but the fire effects and damage were still present. :/

Triple R

Smash Lord
I guess I'm going to be the first person in the thread to say they have seen this. There is already a video of this on youtube somewhere. Kirby just hangs on the ledge and meta glides over him with nado and kirby just takes damage while still holding edge.

Edit: Ok I found the video, but I was mistaken. This has kirby nado against meta on ledge, but I wouldn't doubt they're related.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3X5yuyOByxk

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
spiked a dk on the edge just now on wifi with like the tiniest part of the nado, that ****s funny as hell

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I spiked... someone. I almost want to say it was ROB, with tornado once. But it was ROB, so he lived. I was still in shock though. This one, however, I've never seen before. The kirby video was pretty cool. I hope someone reproduces it with MK sometime soon.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Was kirby hanging on the ledge in the end?

There are frames between invincibility and normal state.
Such as if you do an attack over 100% on ledge, you are not invincible but still counts as a hit, yet no damage or knock back. Sometimes multiple hits can just freeze the other players animation.

have snake drop a grenade, and see before 100% and after 100%.

Hope that helps.

Top Bottom