• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Export #2 - Delfino Plaza

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Delfino Plaza

Pros:
-THE LOVELY SCENERY <333
-Platforms....and tons of them!
-Good camping stage
-One of Lucas' better stages

Cons:
-Walkoffs
-Getting Waterspiked
-Wall infinites ;-;

Counterpicks - No definite cp, go with whom your comfortable

Bans - :ness2: :ike: :ganondorf:

Rating - 8/10

Now we are moving on from the castle and heading to the sunny sands of Delfino Plaza. Take a flying trip to the many diferent points and places of Delfino Plaza. Be sure to study how you can be able to fight here instead of soaking up some rays. :laugh:

Stage Export #2 starts now ;D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Tokaio is amazing with this legit summary. =D

[collapse=New Summary]
The scenery in this stage is awesome :bee:. Delfino is one of our better stages imo.

Overall, there are 4 different platform arrangements. I love these platform arrangements. Thundersliding works on all of them except the _-_ arrangement. If you thunderslide on the outer platforms, you fall to your death.
The platforms also give you a "shield" from projectiles to an extent.
Unfortunately, U-tilt doesn't go through any of the platforms :ohwell:. But our D-smash goes through platforms.

[COLLAPSE=Platform Arrangements]

This one is always the beginning one.

Don't thunderslide on the outer platforms :p

Some pretty cool thundersliding on the outer platforms. It autosnaps to the ledge.

[/COLLAPSE]

Overall, there are 8 phases.

There are:
  • 4 phases with water (that you can swim in)
    1. River
    2. Rock Pillars
    3. Plaza
    4. Beach
  • 4 phases with walk-offs
    1. River
    2. City
    3. Stairs
    4. Rooftop
  • 4 phases with walls
    1. River
    2. Shine Sprite
    3. City
    4. Rooftop

Water isn't too beneficial for us. Water camping shouldn't be an issue for us at all. PKT1 works really well if someone happens to be water camping. Bad thing is that we have don't have a strong, reliable spike. Dair is weak, and Bair is awkward to pull off in the water.

Walk-offs are a big issue for us. If you don't already know, Lucas has one of the longest grab release break animations. (Thanks Sakurai) Stupid characters like Marf, and Squirtle can grab release chain us to our deaths. D3 is also a big issue for us with his down throw. Fortunately, all of them are avoidable except the Stairs phase. It is possible for characters to grab release us up the stairs. I don't think it's possible for D3 to chaingrab us up hill.

Walls are not too good for us either. Although you can pull off F-tilt locks, and pull off "infinite" D-tilt locks, most characters, if not all, can basically grab --> pummel --> release --> grab to rack up damage. You can thank Sakurai for that again. :ohwell:

[COLLAPSE=Phases]
River

Shine Sprite

City

Rock Pillars

Plaza

Stairs

Rooftop

Beach

[/COLLAPSE]

Bans: Ganondorf, Ness, Ike, Marth

Rating: 8/10
[/collapse]

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
I love this stage and I know pretty much everything about it. IMO, it's one of Lucas' good stages. I'll explain later why.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
The scenery in this stage is awesome :bee:. Delfino is one of our better stages imo.

Overall, there are 4 different platform arrangements. I love these platform arrangements. Thundersliding works on all of them except the _-_ arrangement. If you thunderslide on the outer platforms, you fall to your death.
The platforms also give you a "shield" from projectiles to an extent.
Unfortunately, U-tilt doesn't go through any of the platforms :ohwell:. But our D-smash goes through platforms.

[COLLAPSE=Platform Arrangements]

This one is always the beginning one.

Don't thunderslide on the outer platforms :p

Some pretty cool thundersliding on the outer platforms. It autosnaps to the ledge.

[/COLLAPSE]

Overall, there are 8 phases.

There are:
  • 4 phases with water (that you can swim in)
    1. River
    2. Rock Pillars
    3. Plaza
    4. Beach
  • 4 phases with walk-offs
    1. River
    2. City
    3. Stairs
    4. Rooftop
  • 4 phases with walls
    1. River
    2. Shine Sprite
    3. City
    4. Rooftop

Water isn't too beneficial for us. Water camping shouldn't be an issue for us at all. PKT1 works really well if someone happens to be water camping. Bad thing is that we have don't have a strong, reliable spike. Dair is weak, and Bair is awkward to pull off in the water.

Walk-offs are a big issue for us. If you don't already know, Lucas has one of the longest grab release break animations. (Thanks Sakurai) Stupid characters like Marf, and Squirtle can grab release chain us to our deaths. D3 is also a big issue for us with his down throw. Fortunately, all of them are avoidable except the Stairs phase. It is possible for characters to grab release us up the stairs. I don't think it's possible for D3 to chaingrab us up hill.

Walls are not too good for us either. Although you can pull off F-tilt locks, and pull off "infinite" D-tilt locks, most characters, if not all, can basically grab --> pummel --> release --> grab to rack up damage. You can thank Sakurai for that again. :ohwell:

[COLLAPSE=Phases]
River

Shine Sprite

City

Rock Pillars

Plaza

Stairs

Rooftop

Beach

[/COLLAPSE]

Bans: Ganondorf, Ness, Ike, Marth

Rating: 8/10

Chuee

Smash Hero
Don't ever go here against characters that you can't air release from their grab. Too many of the transformations have things that screw us over dealing with GRs.
Other than that it's not a bad Lucas stage :D
Definitely ban this against Ness & Ike.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Don't get in the water against Ness & Ike. :mad:

PKT1 people while they're in the water is amazing IMO.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I love Delfino ;D

I wouldn't cp Dedede, Yoshi, Falco, Ness, MK, or Ike here imho. However this still a really good stage for us ^_^. Probably an 8 in my book. Watch out for Water spikes, walkoffs (3 phases, The Dolphin Fountain, The Parasol place, and the one with the boardwalk walkoff *idk what to call this without referring to the orginal game by saying the place that connects the Amusement Park world and Ricco Harbor.*) You can camp on this stage which is good. Ill input more when I can think of more.

@Tokaio: woooow thanks for those pics!!! Ill add them to the summary.
@rPSI: yea PKT1 is amazing in the water ;o

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Oh, but Ness can put you in the water with his GR CG D:
Don't get grabbed, scrub

<I'm trollin' ya. Don't bring Ness here.

List of characters I'm comfortable CP'ing here:
Snake
Diddy
Ice Climbers
Wario
Olimar
Lucario
Gdubs
Pit
Kirby
ROB
Fox
Luigi
Wolf
Sonic
Mario
Captain Falcon
Samus
Jigglypuff
Zelda
Link
Ganondorf

O'chunks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrOchunks
One awesome thing about this stage is how Lucas can dtilt lock characters when they're in the water and you can finish it up an fsmash or a dsmash. It's a good kill setup, but risky with those that can spike easily.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody know if D3 can chaingrab us up the stairs, or Marth can grab release us up the stairs? I've gotten grab released up the slope of Distant Planet, so I assume the latter is true, but what about D3?

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Marth can GR CG you while going downhill if he is going downhill first.. i.e. backwards. Vex did it to me on the little hills of YI so i'm imagining it would work here.

I honestly don't recall if D3 can CG us while going up the stairs.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So what do you guys give this stage? Ban/CP?

I'd say 8, Ban against D3, Yoshi, Ness, Ike. CP, Ice Climbers uhmm idk who else.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Once again, why would I CP IC's here when I have stages that are way worse for them ._.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
its an option to cp them here. Also why use your ban on this stage if you can ban a worse stage?

ICs dont do good here against us.

Anyways who would you cp Chuee? I got rPSI's list even though its huge @_@

Chuee

Smash Hero
Uh yeah it isn't good for them, but Brinstar/Norfair/Frigate are all better CPs.
I would only ban this stage if it happened to be one of the characters best stages, and if it was a really good CP against us.
Who would I take here?
-Maybe Zelda
-Maybe Falco
-Maybe Snake
idk this isn't exactly a bad stage to CP it's just that we have better CP options than Delfino.

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, we have much better counterpicks such as Brinstar, Norfair, and Japes. It's just this is more of a counterpick for those who are less comfortable with the counterpicks I listed above. I think listing CP's is useless, unless it's clear to use it against that character, such as CPing Diddy Kong to Brinstar/RC.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
CP'ing characters to stages isn't as good as an idea as CP'ing players to stages. So I'd just make sure to include who to ban it against.

TBH, I CP quite often, because I do well here. :/ Other players find they do well at stages like Brainstar and Hotfair.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright ill get to work on the summary

Basically no CPs will be listed but bans will. =P

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
haha im sooo lazy with this but I cannot do any better than Tokaio did with his summary soooo yea thank him for this summary since that's all I can put ^^"

He summed it up quite perfectly. Anyways next stage and locking of this thread will be needed once the summary is up ;D

Edit:

Locking is in need now ^_^

Top Bottom