• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECSS2 Results - 7/24 Eau Claire, WI

yoshq

Smash Master
Melee Doubles

1: team bowserbomb 2.0 (bil, cosmo) ($24.00)
2: sago + fade (sago + fade) ($12.00)
3: amanze, rrr (amanze, rrr) ($4.00)
4: deek squad (spikes, deek)

Melee Singles

1: cosmo ($40.00)
2: spikes ($20.00)
3: amanze
4: sago
5: RRR
5: moe
7: deek
7: bil
9: lokeloki
9: mrblack

Brawl Doubles
1. Moe+Nappy :metaknight: :snake:
2. Sago+Fade :metaknight: :falco: :metaknight:
3. YoshQ+Near :metaknight: :luigi: :snake: :toonlink:

Brawl Singles

1: Drizzy Drake ($96.00) :metaknight: :marth: :falco:
2: sago ($48.00) :metaknight: (forfeit)
3: yoshq ($16.00) :metaknight: :luigi: :snake:
4: nappy :snake: :metaknight:
5: RRR :kirby:
5: amanze :pit:
7: breezy :ganondorf:
7: santa :falco:
9: nearZzz :toonlink:
9: MAC
9: fade
9: darth
13: lokeloki
13: duo
13: ROLO
17: M0nkunit

Brawl- Doubles
1: sago+yoshq ($36.00)
2: mother****ing mother****ers (breezy + santa) ($18.00)
3: nappy+near ($6.00)
4: loki+amanZe
5: bil+cosmo
5: m0nkunit + 1+1=?

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Shoutouts:

1: Drizzy Drake ($96.00): Dabes. I need to play you more, it makes me notice all the stupid habits I have.

2: sago ($48.00): Really fun and close games in singles. The quad MK on RC in dubs was too fun lol, good seeing you again as well, your MK has gotten alot better.

3: yoshq ($16.00): Thanks for teaming, We did petty good IMO. Snake vs tink MM was fun too, your snake is so weird lmao.

4: nappy: DA DON, this was just a warmup tourney, you got this at misty.

5: RRR: Randall! Really fun friendlies/dubs set, I miss you :(

5: amanze: Those arrow kills on nappy, ugh, so good.

7: breezy: Ganondo-.....Falco!?!?!?!?

7: santa: Fun games in brawl minus.

9: nearZzz: You're terrible get better

Everyone else: Fun games and stuff

Good/fun tourney, wish I played better though.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts:

1: Drizzy Drake ($96.00) - Good **** bro.
2: sago ($48.00) (forfeit) - :( Since when did one of my favorite WI players think it'd be cool to forfeit?
3: yoshq ($16.00) - Nice job on third Ed :D
4: nappy - Nappy sucks.
5: RRR - I'm going to play you at MMMB, and I'm going to win. Miss you man :( Come back to MN like now.
5: amanze - Sorry I couldn't come, the Nigerians would have gotten 1st in Dubs :(
7: breezy - Falco? Da ****?
7: santa - Merry Christmas Eau Claire ;)
9: nearZzz - Son, I am disappoint.
9: MAC - Play diddy.
9: fade - Um... hi?
9: darth - Read above.
13: lokeloki - Ugh Loki, what happened? Also, if you're coming to MMMB, we should like Yoshi MM or something XD
13: duo - You said you did well?
13: ROLO - RRR's LITTLE BRO REPPING DAT YOSHI FROM WHAT I HEAR! Do what I couldn't man, please.
17: M0nkunit - I heard you were packing soda. Good man. Sorry about not getting any Byes though :(

Other shoutouts:

Wario: Where were you this tourney? I am disappointed with the lack of you at this tourney.

NearZzz: Son, I am disappoint.

Og: Great job working, you made like $43.50 instead of going to a Smash tourney. You coulda made much more on these scrubs (smikl;,./

Everyone: Go to MMMB. It's my last MN tourney for a while.

MJG

Smash Hero
Code:
say what boyy (2:10:27 PM): I'm done with a few snake matchups 
say what boyy (2:10:29 PM): too much work 
say what boyy (2:10:34 PM): I need banananananananananananas 
Black Dwag7 (2:11:31 PM): nappy 
Black Dwag7 (2:11:38 PM): you are gonna get 4th in WI

I so called it nappy.

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
RRR u choked pretty hard in melee cause you were seemingly confusing melee and brawl kirby's moves :[
made me pretty sad cause you were beasting otherwise

shoutouts to sago for his teams play

shoutouts to melee zelda's nair

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
That was a fun tournament. I'll make sure to bring drinks again if there is a ECSS3. Too bad there wasn't enough time to do Brawl Minus singles.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shout outs -

Cosmo - I’m going to assume you’re giving me the Cosmo Low Tier Seal of Approval! Yeah, I did choke in melee. I haven’t played melee with anyone since May, so I think I did ok considering (johns). Your Zelda is so good. You’re just a smart and patient player in general. Good job in singles and doubles, hope to play you again, maybe in singles next time.

Sago - Good job in brawl. From what I saw you got better, even though you deny it lol. Melee set was really close, but I choked. Maybe next time there will be a proper ending.

Amanze - Thanks for teaming with me in melee. I thought we were going to take Cosmo’s team out in losers to be honest. You have gotten so good in melee. I need to step up my game if I’m going to be able to beat you again.

Spikes - Thanks for helping me when I messed up the melee bracket. I don’t even know how it happened. ‘-_-

Deek - We had some pretty close matches in melee. It’s too fun to take Samus’ power. It’s the only way I feel I have a chance.

Moe - I think that was the first time you’ve 3 stocked me in tourney, at least that I can remember. I got so lazy second match, it was kind of a lost cause for me by the end of it. Hopefully next time I’ll give you more of a challenge. Keep up the good work.

Loki - Melee? Was that just for fun or are you seriously thinking about playing it lol? Fun matches though.

Mr. Black - Fun matches. Keep practicing. Melee can be kind of hard to get into this late into the game, but it pays off once you get to a certain level. Hope to see you destroy people in the future.

Nappy - You got too down after losing to Sago. Other than that you were doing pretty good. I was catching on to some of your patterns during or match, but I realized I had one flaw. I was concentrating to hard on dodging the patterns I saw instead of punishing them. Hopefully next time I’ll at least take you to the third game.

Yoshq - I only played you in doubles I think, so I didn’t really play against you at all lol. Thanks for hosting though, it’s always appreciated!

Near - I have to tell myself to stop sleeping on you when I play you. I still sit pretty comfy when I play you. You keep getting better and better, you’ve definitely improved. Maybe next time we’ll play in bracket. Keep it up!

Breezy - Like I said, I never like playing you in bracket. It’s always kind of bitter sweet no matter the outcome. I think your Ganondorf has gotten better though. Just don’t be careless around ledges lol, especially around 0%! Looking forward to teaming with you at MMMB. Like you said earlier, this was practice for MMMB. Don’t worry about letting me down. Remember, a team is two people, not one.

MAC - Wow, you have definitely gotten better. I actually have to be careful when I play your Peach now.

Duo - Fun friendlies and bracket match. Keep up the good work. Get Kspam better if he still plays lol.

Rolo - You never check this site.

M0nkunit - I don’t really support Balanced Brawl, Brawl -, Brawl + etc. I don’t really supporting hacking in fighting games. But I can’t blame you for what you are trying to accomplish: making a fun and balanced Brawl game. Thanks for bringing the cooler too.

Ogbot - Wow, giving shoutouts when you weren’t even at the tourney, pretty classy I must say lol. We’ll see if you beat me at the next tourney. I don’t even know who you play anymore. Oh and Rolo is older than me. I’m the youngest of 7 kids. Rolo’s a year older than me. He doesn’t play smash that much though, so Yoshi’s probably not going leaps or bounds lol.

Mnpeeps - You guys gotta stop missing me so much. I’ll be back in Mn for a long while once September rolls around again. Much love and keep getting better.

Wipeeps - Get better, but no love :p Naw, what am I saying, I’m from Wisconsin.

Triple R

Smash Lord
I just saw the amount of mk that was at this tournament
**** right, we need even more then he can get banned.
You realize there was basically only two metaknights there right.....

You both don't really have stellar metaknights and you can't deny it. I think everyone can agree after watching you guys play one of the most boring meta dittos I've ever seen. You guys are just dumb.

yoshq

Smash Master
what, you're pissed or something? i don't understand. and yes we suck. i'm just saying the more the top placings are filled with mk, the more he gets banned.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
I still stand for a 6 month temp ban.

We had to deal with mask-wearing bat-kirby sword carrying douchebag for 2 years, so why can't we get a break now <_<

yoshq

Smash Master
well it doesn't matter anyway. i don't really care that much that mk won't be banned, i'm still gonna play him and try to be as gay as possible, and encourage everyone i know to do so.

unrelated: someone's phone-looking-charger was left at the venue, so i suppose i'll be bringing 2 phone chargers to mmmb...

yoshq

Smash Master
well it doesn't matter anyway. i don't really care that much that mk won't be banned, i'm still gonna play him and try to be as gay as possible, and encourage everyone i know to do so.

unrelated: someone's phone-looking-charger was left at the venue, so i suppose i'll be bringing 2 phone chargers to mmmb...

Triple R

Smash Lord
I'm not mad. I just think it's laughable saying metaknight should be banned because their are 4 metaknight symbols in the top 4 when only two really main him and the other two don't have enough balls do go their mains. The problem isn't metaknight, it's scared people thinking metaknight will get them the win when all it does is provide the boringest dittos ever...

Moe is right though, the placings aren't really different from what they would be normally anyway.

I still don't see the point of a 6 month ban either if metaknights just back afterwards. It's really not suppose to be a 6 month ban. The proban people just hope to convince people during the 6 month ban that this is the way to go and get meta permabanned.

yoshq

Smash Master
I'm not mad. I just think it's laughable saying metaknight should be banned because their are 4 metaknight symbols in the top 4 when only two really main him and the other two don't have enough balls do go their mains. The problem isn't metaknight, it's scared people thinking metaknight will get them the win when all it does is provide the boringest dittos ever...

Moe is right though, the placings aren't really different from what they would be normally anyway.

I still don't see the point of a 6 month ban either if metaknights just back afterwards. It's really not suppose to be a 6 month ban. The proban people just hope to convince people during the 6 month ban that this is the way to go and get meta permabanned.
the point of the 6 month ban is to see the results when mk isn't present. and seriously, have you tried the mk luigi matchup lately? how would mk not be the best choice in that matchup?

Teh Future

Smash Master
the point of the 6 month ban is to see the results when mk isn't present. and seriously, have you tried the mk luigi matchup lately? how would mk not be the best choice in that matchup?
isn't there more than two characters you can choose?

lol

seriously you guys need to stfu about this mk thing, mario is the real problem anyways

Triple R

Smash Lord
have you tried the mk luigi matchup lately? how would mk not be the best choice in that matchup?
I can imagine meta destroys his recovery. But i don't really know the matchup that well. Next time we can we should do some friendlies with my luigi and your meta, then you can show me what you are talking about and we get me to understand it better.

Top Bottom