• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion Thread #6[Pokemon Stadium 1]

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Pokemon Stadium 1​

Summary
A short summary about how G&W performs on the stage and any particularly useful techniques/tactics on the stage. Also highlight a general strategy for this stage.
Rating
1-10
Character
List any characters that does really well or really bad on this stage, to alert you of which stages to ban or counterpick. An explanation would also be nice.

GoGoGo!

Mr. Fire

Smash Rookie
I think Ganon is very bad on PS1, be cause GW can camp better than Ganon.
He is to slow.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
Ganon is bad everywhere lmao

but this isn't really the best stage for G&W simply because other characters are better on it.
I strongly suggest striking this out if it's in your neutrals list. Snake,oli, diddy, and ZSS do preettty well here because of the small blastzones and some of the formations. I'll add more later :o

Splice

Smash Hero
I don't know why, but this is probably my favourite stage against Snake.

Why am I wrong? :S

Apart from Fire formation I think this stage is good against Snake (I camp on the rock one and that can work out well). The Grass is awesome for GaW if he gets Snake in the air, and the Waterfall is really just better for whoever is higher percent, and if Snake camps from in there and you cant approach it's safe to just sit on the water platform.

And for the main stage the platforms are spaced well to Bair Snake, especially if they ever roll to drop the grenades lol. I also like to plank here xP

Why else is it bad? Just against Snake I mean. I know the roof is kinda low but ???

Joe_Cool

Smash Cadet
8/10 for me.. I actually like this stage alot. I get GW's up B stuck under occasionally, but I love using the random stages as tactics.

iamjason8

Smash Journeyman
Summary
I actually really like this stage. The lip is always a problem but we should remember that GaW's recovery is significantly better than a lot of the casts' so they will be hurting more than you most of the time. Just aim high when recovering since GaW's Up-B offers incredible distance anyway and air dodge onto a platform or D-Air to land. As I've mentioned the lip is pretty ******** but that means a lot of the time characters will be very cautious when they're recovering. So edge-guarding with D-Tilt (it has freaking incredible range) becomes even better here. If it doesn't work then chances are opponents will get caught under the lip. You can also use chef if you really want to, to be honest.

There isn't that much room around the stage but it is pretty big so I would take campy characters here. The original stage is neutral (the two platforms) but GaW can really take advantage of that. He can just jump all over the place and camp. Seriously its ridiculous. In my opinion it works in a similar fashion to Rainbow Cruise except not as good obviously.

Rating
7.5/10

Character
I'm actually comfortable fighting pretty much every character on this stage with the exception of Snake for obvious reasons (he can plant his C4's everywhere and you may not notice because of the stage changes and the blast lines are close). Marth can also be a problem, just because he's Marth and his aerials are so gay. But keep in mind both can still be gimped with edge-guarded D-Tilt, although it really does depend on how comfortable your opponent is.

Everyone else is basically fine.

Top Bottom