• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A$'s Smash Videos

DMoogle

A$
*Newest Additions* (last update: July 30, 2010)
A$ (Bee Ness) vs. Mahie (Red Ness) Match 1/4 1080p FINALS
A$ (Bee Ness) vs. Mahie (Red Ness) Match 2/4 1080p FINALS
A$ (Bee Ness) vs. Mahie (Red Ness) Match 3/4 1080p FINALS
A$ (Bee Ness) vs. Mahie (Red Ness) Match 4/4 1080p FINALS

Youtube channel URL: http://www.youtube.com/user/amoneymoney

Here's a list of all the videos on my channel, plus a few videos that aren't on my channel. If anyone knows of others, please tell me so I can add them.

In the future, I'm planning on adding a DI technique video, but I'm lazy and I don't have a video camera, so who knows when that will be.

Any comments, suggestions, and constructive criticisms are appreciated. I can give you my thoughts on a particular match too, if you're interested. Just ask!

Tournament matches:
A$ (Pikachu) vs. SuPeRbOoMfAn (Captain Falcon) FINALS Match 1/4
A$ (Pikachu) vs. SuPeRbOoMfAn (Captain Falcon) FINALS Match 2/4
A$ (Kirby) vs. SuPeRbOoMfAn (Captain Falcon) FINALS Match 3/4
A$ (Kirby) vs. SuPeRbOoMfAn (Pikachu) FINALS Match 4/4

A$ (Blue Ness) vs. ImNotPro (Bee Ness) Match 1/4 1080p
A$ (Blue Ness) vs. ImNotPro (Bee Ness) Match 2/4 1080p
A$ (Blue Ness) vs. ImNotPro (Bee Ness) Match 3/4 1080p
A$ (Blue Ness) vs. ImNotPro (Bee Ness) Match 4/4 1080p

A$ (Bee Ness) vs. Mahie (Blue Ness) Match 1/3 1080p SEMIFINALS
A$ (Bee Ness) vs. Mahie (Blue Ness) Match 2/3 1080p SEMIFINALS
A$ (Bee Ness) vs. Mahie (Red Ness) Match 3/3 1080p SEMIFINALS

A$ (Pikachu) vs. Kabal (Samus) Match 1/5 1080p
A$ (Captain Falcon) vs. Kabal (Samus) Match 2/5 1080p
A$ (Link) vs. Kabal (Samus) Match 3/5 1080p
A$ (Link) vs. Kabal (Samus) Match 4/5 1080p
A$ (Pikachu) vs. Kabal (Samus) Match 5/5 1080p

A$ (Link) vs. Zenyore (DK) Match 1/3 (not my channel)
A$ (Luigi) vs. Zenyore (Yoshi) Match 2/3 (not my channel)
A$ (Mexican Luigi) vs. Zenyore ("Aqua" Luigi) (not my channel, no sound)

Friendlies:
A$ (DK) vs. YoshiBeStuntin (Link) (not my channel, no sound)
A$ (Blue Link) vs. YoshiBeStuntin (Green Link) (not my channel, no sound)
A$ (DK) vs. YoshiBeStuntin (Link) (not my channel, no sound)

blaze3927

Smash Ace
ok...
dont read if you dislike .. an honest opinion

the ness ditto's were incredibly boring, your di was interesting and effective though.
the boring part is (i hope) probably the tournament factor, a lot of times you'll see one uair goto a dair for an attempted (usually failed) tech chase. in a lot of these cases in would be 10x more interesting to at least see an attempt at a nair/fair chain. or even a usmash etc. thrown in there before an attempted dair chain/tech chase.

DMoogle

A$
Requesting thoughts on the matches you just posted at least
Match 1:
Pre-game thoughts: I didn't feel like I was at the top of my game going into this set, but don't think I was playing poorly by any means. I didn't have too much difficulty beating Mahie in the semi-finals, so I wasn't too worried about this set. He started playing without any warm-up matches.

0:15 Arguably my first mistake. Instead of grabbing, a DJC u-air or d-air (follow up with either another u-air or an u-tilt if it hits, d-airs if I need to break shield) would have been better. I'm not very good at rapid DJCs though, so I'm not sure if I would have been able to follow up after one or two attacks. Either way, better than the 16% from the grab. OTOH, the grab directed the battle toward the **** tent, which is where I think I have the largest edge.

0:29 I d-aired here, because I think other options generally have less possibilities. I figured he would either tech stand up or tech left, since nearly everyone would do that, but I guess Mahie's thinking one level above me. :(

0:36 I could've n-aired -> u-aired here, but I doubt it would have killed him. I like my d-air, since I think it opens up a lot of easy pressure situations.

0:58 Hmmm, I don't like this d-air at all. Since he's used his second jump, I should be able to juggle him around quite easily. Of course, since he's going to DI right, I probably won't be able to connect more than 3 or 4 hits, but I think that's better than a d-air.

Something to keep in mind here that's particularly important for tech-chasing; if you know what direction your opponent is going to DI in, then they're going to be tech-rolling that direction probably more than 95% of the time.

1:08 I n-aired here thinking that he would be over the edge for me to spike, but obviously he didn't go nearly as far as I thought he would. I'm going to blame the delay on d-airing anyway. Without the delay, I think a b-air would've been best.

1:43 I rolled left, which was an input mistake. I meant to jump out of shield and d-air, which would set up some easy **** tent juggling.

1:49 **** you, u-air, and your ridiculous hitbox.

2:43 Should've grabbed, obvious. I don't know why I'm even pointing it out. I make so many input mistakes it's not even funny. I'm not sure if this was one, but, well, I should've grabbed.

3:04 When Ness recovers by sliding across the edge, his landing lag is much lower than it is when he falls down, so I knew I had to think fast. I figured a d-air might kill him, but I probably should've gone with any other -air (except f-air). Positioning with the tornado is a pain.

3:10 I'm guessing he was trying to get a higher angle, and try to land on one of the platforms, but I don't really like that choice either. I think his best option is to fall and try to time his fast fall/d-air so that he doesn't get hit by my u-air. Honestly, all of his options kind of suck here.

3:28 Small misjudgment on his part. Up-smash is my intuitive choice, but a DJC b-air would've been optimal, I think. He could try a u-tilt -> u-air, but I think the u-tilt would send me too high and I'd be able to recover.

3:45 Oh, glorious u-air, how I love you.

3:51 Positioning error. I like my choice of using a n-air though.

4:00 DI can really change the game in the **** tent. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about his grab. Usually in the **** tent with Ness, you want to get into a position where you can juggle your opponent around both sides with a combination of b-airs, n-airs, and f-airs, but I think I'm at too low a percent to do that immediately. The u-air he does afterward carries carries too much lag to follow up with those moves.

Actually on second thought, I think his best choice would've been to grab me a second time, then I'd be at a high enough percent to start the pinball juggling.

5:06 What a *******! Preventing me from one final spike...

Post-match thoughts: He made a good comeback, and I feel like he's tougher than he was last time I played him in Ness dittos. Combined with the general very high variance that comes with Ness, at this point I'm thinking that there certainly is a decent chance I can lose the set.

Well, that took a while. I'll analyze the other matches later... maybe.
cool recovery by A$ in the last video, sliding off the ramp lol
It was unexpected.
dont we have a video thread these days...misses point~
I get more comments by creating my own thread, but the video thread is effective as a reference point for someone looking for a particular person's video. Besides, this thread'll probably be more interesting when/if I make that DI video.
ok...
dont read if you dislike .. an honest opinion

the ness ditto's were incredibly boring, your di was interesting and effective though.
the boring part is (i hope) probably the tournament factor, a lot of times you'll see one uair goto a dair for an attempted (usually failed) tech chase. in a lot of these cases in would be 10x more interesting to at least see an attempt at a nair/fair chain. or even a usmash etc. thrown in there before an attempted dair chain/tech chase.
Sorry you didn't like them. N-air/f-air chains probably would have been more interesting if they would work, but (1) Mahie's DI is good enough so that it would be VERY difficult to pull them off successfully (4 frames of delay adds to that... less reaction time to adapt to his DI), and (2) I suck at DJCing anyway. Firo's really good at those kinds of Ness techniques. I think if SheerMadness played Ness, he would be too.

Tech-chasing can be unexploitable, and, in a sense, a combo. If you space well enough and time your hits well enough, you can make it so that your opponent literally cannot escape a tech "combo", no matter which of the five options he chooses (tech roll right, tech roll left, standing tech, stand up attack, regular stand up). However, the more frames of delay there are, the less unexploitable ("combo-like") the tech-chase can become. So, when tech-chasing, I have a rely on prediction, which is not reliable.

It also means that I should try strategies that don't involve prediction, but, as I said before, I don't think that n-air/f-air chains would fall under that category. Would failed attempts really be that much more interesting?

If you haven't already and you don't mind, try watching the set where I play ImNotPro. We played with one frame of delay, which may have made for some more interesting matches.
Nice videos man... we should record matches some time!
Fo sho.
sweet matches
Thanks dude.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I recorded the Ness finals at 6000kbps instead of my normal 10000kbps, and I noticed a quality drop, so I won't be doing that again. 10000kbps from now on.

DMoogle

A$
Ah, you're right. I included tech-rolling, but left out non-tech rolling.

Doesn't really matter though for what I was talking about, because the three non-tech non-attack options have so much starting lag.

Top Bottom