• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Wings of Revealing light - A Pit tricks montage. [Video]

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
nice video.

although i knew everything before, but still nice and better than most combo vids :)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
It's good to see vids of the more technical setups Pit has. Nice work!

Suyon

Smash Lord
Very nicely done.
Makes me not want to quit from seeing something amazing like that.
But putting it into usage is going to be difficult for me.

Judo777

Smash Master
Cool Vid although some of these setups arent close to guarenteed like the uair setups but its a cool idea still.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
Come on suyon, practice the dair one, it can be usefull really! And thanks.

Judo: I also lol at the uair setup, it was just a cool thing to add. =P

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Wow! What a fantastic video, I'm really impressed! :)

If we could dive further into Pit's technical games maybe we could make serious progress. That D-Air footstool combo looks really awesome, I want to go practice it now :bee:

I think I will post this as helpful info in the Pit matchup thread.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
The dair at lower percents sends them at a certain height. Just follow the DI and you can footstool easily. Plus the dair to foot stool is usually a true combo and they can't react after the dair.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
A false approach SHDair that can be used to retreat if missed, or into the footstool if connected seems pretty viable to me. I've used the SHDair as a filler move used to create spacing in probably all of my more recent matches.

link2702

Smash Champion
really neat....unfortuantly it kinda seems like the falcon footstool lock combo on rob

so ridiculously tough to pull off that its not worth using/VERY SITUATIONAL in competitive play.

i mean its definatly impressive, and it can obviously have its uses....but IDK....like i said...it just seems like one of those things that is so insanely hard to pull off/so situational that you will rarely, if ever find yourself in the ideal situation to use it.

but *shrugs* IDK i'm sure the pro/higher up pits can find some use out of it.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Just advance and train linky. Its difficult at first but, with training, it becomes 2nd nature. I've done it several times.

The footstool isn't even the hard part for me.... Its me accidentally sweet spotting Bair.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
When you in WoI mode if you press a direction he will turn.

Using C-stick will do the attack without turning. The problem comes when trying to space correctly. You are trying to retreat with Fair so you accidentally turn first then c-stick in the opposite direction. You should time your Fair first, and then space.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Has anyone tried using bair as a jab lock, instead of using the charged f-smash after the footstool/lock?

Tikun

Smash Apprentice
Jesus, amazing.
Sorry for the double posting.
Thank you so much ayoub.

Do you mind if i put this at Brazilian smash forum?
:T

Yass

Smash Cadet
Wow I'm happy to see that Undrdog is still alive !
I'm still waiting for your next arrow video man.

And thx to everyone who liked it :)

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I think I'm doing the Wingstool Lock wrong.

I've been able to perform this move, but on lighter characters (such as Peach) I'm not able to achieve the jab lock state. Although, I can get the jab lock state on heavier characters (like Marth or Snake). Are there some characters that are immune to this move?

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
I think I'm doing the Wingstool Lock wrong.

I've been able to perform this move, but on lighter characters (such as Peach) I'm not able to achieve the jab lock state. Although, I can get the jab lock state on heavier characters (like Marth or Snake). Are there some characters that are immune to this move?
Some fall faster, you'll have to change your timing. Everyone has a specific damage range that it can work flawlessly. Such as mk 3-7. Dk up to 10 or 12. Remember let them hit the floor first to bounce. Foot stools can't be tech'd so its a great opportunity.

Yass

Smash Cadet
arrow video??? **spoiler**

Ya know... arrow loop > WoI > Any hit (fsmash)= true combo!! (3 hits) charged of course. As much I have the opportunity to do it. I always forget WoI.
Oh, I already did it, I took the replays and I'll show it in a next video.

I have some others funny stuff to show ;)

Top Bottom