• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Cool Cats Approach To Competitve Brawl 2! July 31st St. Louis, MO (5 dollar entry)

Teh Future

Smash Master
*Payout amount listed are ESTIMATES

Doubles:

1: Butterscotch Skidmarks (Metal/Legan) ($72.00) :metaknight: :dedede: / :zerosuitsamus: :marth: :metaknight:
2: Jack/FAE (Jack/FAE) ($38.00) :samus2: / :lucas:
3: Hy88 and Ra88 Destroyers (Ripple/Chewwy) ($12.00) :jigglypuff: :dk2: / :metaknight: :dedede:
4: 2 Vertical Infinites (Hy88 and Ra88)
5: Shake n Bake (Fwog/Kemorro)
5: Ralalalalalalalalape (Future/CTX)
7: Paragon (DeltaZ/DJIke)
7: Super Gay Like Will Gay (Syphien/JoWii)
9: Catasmash (Kellen/Sean)
9: Alex/JoCo (Alex/JoCo)
9: Chris/Phillip (Chris/Phillip)
9: Jacob/Kevin (Jacob/Kevin)
13: Team Not There (Nicole TP)

Singles:

1: Hylian ($80.00) :popo: :gw:
2: Ripple ($40.00) :dk2:
3: FAE ($15.00) :lucas: (da bess)
4: Chewyy :popo: :dedede:
5: Legan :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :marth:
5: MetalMusicMan :falco: :dedede:
7: Future :rob: :yoshi2: :mario2: :popo: :marth:
7: Kemorro :falco:
9: Ctx :toonlink:
9: Fuu :zelda: :shiek:
9: Syphien :fox: :luigi2:
9: Clove :samus2:
13: Chris
13: Alex
13: Radium88
13: JoWii
17: Joey
17: DeltaZ
17: DJIke
17: Sean
17: Oranos
17: Fwog
17: Kevin
17: Kellen

Awesome time! Thanks to everyone that came. Until next time cool cats

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Had lots of fun :). About to sleep so I'll post shoutouts later. Missouri crowd is fun. Night <3.

Also, I only used GW like one match the entire tournament but you can count it if you want since I won I guess lol.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Second post-ish

1: Hylian- I love you man. That is all.
2: Ripple- Good job making 2nd! Sorry I dropped the ball during crews but I def. need more exp. with that MU and Will outplays me :/ Pools was fun though! Wolf< 3 Kirbicides. It's just funnnnn. Hope to see ya again at another tournament!
3: FAE- Goddammit FAE you are tooooooo ****ing good. Like,....WAY to ****ing good. If it hadn't been for DK infinites you would've won this whole **** thing. You've done **** Lucas shouldn't, by any right, be able to do. PLZ keep up the RAEP and get GHEEYYYY with it.
4: Chewyy- >_> i didn't talk or play with you much.
5: Legan- You're amazing.
5: MetalMusicMan- **** YOU. Will, dammit, **** you. I love ya guy and you're too good. I promise by MLG D.C. I will be taking games off you. Good **** during crews.
7: Future- Yoshi. >_> Too good.
7: Kemorro- Didn't see/ play you that I remember
9: Ctx- THANK YOU!!!!! Honestly thank you for the TL MU experience. I needed it. I really think I can compete more evenly with TL now and I think TL as a secondary would be something fun to do. Moar friendlies plox.
9: Fuu- Sexy *** Zelda.
9: Syphien- O_o Is this Seth? TEAMs!!!!!!!
9: Clove- Jack, I know you're leaving to NY but I'ma miss you!!!
13: Chris- Didn't see/play you that I remember
13: Alex- I went against you in teams right? Those were pretty fun if I remember you correctly.
13: Radium88- Kirby too good! Rauleen, I'm being sincere when I say, you definitely have a better grasp of certain MUs with Kirby than I do. There's some non-character specific things you need fixing and there are some Kirby shenanigans you still could learn but you're awesome.
13: JoWii- I love you, youu're amazing. 7-2 in pools, 2-2 in brackets. you hit your goal but you'd have done better with a greater knowledge of certain MUs. You might've been excessive w/ ****talking but it's because you were excited lololololol. DONT LOSE TO WILL SO BADLY.
17: Joey- Namestealer.
17: DeltaZ- You could use with learning more about Kirby if you're going to main him. Simple stuff like priority and speed of attacks will help your Kirby get better, that and getting amazing on Kirby's best stages and the shenanigans on those stages.
17: DJIke- Your Fox was good and I think you could've won more of your pools matches. You were close on a lot of them.
17: Sean Didn't see/play you that I remember
17: Oranos- Read up on the GW/ Kirby MU. >_> GW ***** Kirby hard but it's just a lack of MU exp. An easy fix. Thanks for the good games.
17: Fwog-Didn't see/play you that I remember
17: Kevin- Thanks for the matches. You'll get better as you learn more stuff about the stages, your character, etc.
17: Kellen- Didn't see/play you that I remember

Overall, thanks to everyone I played with. Sorry if my **** talking was excessive but I can't help myself. I'll hold back more next time lololololol. >_> Banana crackers and kirbicide sandwiches, right?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Legan NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go back to link!!!!!!

And who the hell is jack?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
MO needs some mks. Yall are behind on the times
Roffle mow.

who the hell is jack?
Jack is "CLove" on Smashboards. He's legit. He almost beat Domo's MK at the last Cool Cats, took the first game and almost had the second iirc. There will be a set of Jack vs my Falco from this tournament uploaded soon hopefully. This was his last MO tourney though, he's moving to New York :(

FAE too gooooooood zomfg.

CTX

Smash Journeyman
Good **** everybody. Nice tourney. Nice pizza :-)

1) Hylian = Good job gettin' first! Thanks for the friendlies. Maybe next time you can play an annoying character like TL in the tourney :-p
2) Ripple = Good games man. During game 3 of our set I really didn't realize how great Brinstar was for DK. Hellas fun match in crews, I thought I had ya
3) FAE = Best Lucas. Period. No discussion needed.
4) Chewy = I bet your cool.
5) Legan = lolololol best zss lolololololol
5) Metal = God **** I hate falco. I need to learn that matchup because in all honesty I have more trouble with that than MK at times. Friendlies on Tuesday?
7) Future = Great ****ing tourney man. Great job. Wish I would have been more on my game in our match :(
7) Kemorro = Never played ya, but just looking at your Falco, you know all the tricks with your character. Just gotta learn those matchups. Reminds me of somebody...
9) CTX = *looks at above post*
9) Fuu = lolololol @ tri-force tier friendlies. Good games
9) Syphien = Cool chattin' with ya.
9) CLove = If ya keep playin', you are gonna tear **** up in New York. Show them a proper Samus
13) Radium = Rauleen thanks for the ride soooooooooooooooooooooo much! Always great talkin' to ya. Hope to see ya again on Tuesday!
13) JoWii = Anytime man. I would be more the happy to get some friendlies in on Tuesday. And lololololol @ timing you out. First time I have ever done that

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Dammnnn, nice work Jack and FAE!

FAE, way to wreck great players. Can't wait till you start going to OoS tournaments and wrecking there too.

Good props to Hylian for winning.

Also, glad to see a ton of new names in that list. These monthlies were a great idea to help our area grow.

Looks like this was a fun tournament!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ripple - Good games! Your DK is really good. My controller wasn't broken this time ;).

FAE - This kid is crazy! Flashiest lucas I've ever seen, if not the best. Way to overcome the shortcomings of your character..sorta haha. Lucas still has those problem match-ups and I'd recommend picking up a secondary for them if you want to start winning tournaments :).

Chewyy - Always good to see another IC player...until you have to play them in tournament that is haha. You took me off guard that first match but I do know the match-up and have good practice in it, even though it's a really dumb match-up. Your set with FAE was dumb, be more patient when you have the lead, it will come :).

Legan - Coreyyyy :) always fun enjoyed the friendlies a lot, good stuff in teams!

MetalMusicMan - Willlll. See above :p.

Future - Thanks for hosting! You need to start playing seriously! haha

Kemorro - Good games, I like the way your falco moves

Ctx - **** your character!!!!!!! (<3)

Clove - Good stuff with the spike in teams :p. ... :(

Radium88 - Crew battle MVP!!!!!!! Good job running the tournament and make delicious foods for everyone and being amazing in general <3.

JoWii - I love you too. Don't trash talk if you can't handle it though!!! hahaha just kidding :).

Joey - The real Joey!

DeltaZ - JV 4 stock!

DJIke - Good games :). Try to stay away from me more lol.

Fun times, hope to see more MO people next time :).

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Fun tourney, and Rauleen and her amazing cooking skillz always makes things better. Lol everyone in my bracket after Legan cg'ed me :'(

1: Hylian - Congrats on winning! Good games in doubles too.
2: Ripple - Stop eliminating me from David's tourneys!!!111one. I'll get you one of these days, don't worry :)
3: FAE - Stop getting grabbed you scrub.
4: Chewwy - Lol good games. I got really lucky, I definately wouldn't have won if you hadn't sd'ed Game 2
And I got to play with 2 extra stocks game 3
5: Legan - Good games in doubles, pools, singles, and friendlies dude. It was funny watching you and Will discuss the viablility of your Zamus in doubles haha. Your MK is legit.
5: MetalMusicMan - I was glad to have been able to play you more in friendlies, we haven't done them in a long time. Also those doubles matches were intense and good stuff in crews where you almost Phantasm spiked me. Lol JoWii :D We have to play more D3 vs Lucas thoughhh.
7: Future - We didn't get to play but thanks for hosting, it was an awesome tourney.
7: Kemor - We finally got those friendlies that we've been waiting for. Your Falco is so technical and fast, it has a much different playstyle than the ones I usually play. Keep it up, hope we can play more at other tourneys/smashfests
9: Ctx - We also didn't get to play, but nice comeback on Ripple in crews. I actually thought you'd take the win
9: Fuu - We only got to play a couple of friendlies before pools started, so good games :) Also, nice job in pools and hope you had a fun time at your first tourney.
9: Syphien - Dude you're really cool. We need to play sometime haha. Just watch out for those Zeldas with your Weegee shield, and Sheiks with your Fox shie- nvm
9: CLove - Jack I'm gonna miss you so much. It was fun playing with you at the smashfests and finally getting our team to where we wanted it to be at the tourney. Hope you arrive safely in NY, nice knowing you dude.
13: Alex - Ggs in pools
13: Rauleen - Your amazing cookies will never be forgotten. Good games in singles and doubles too ^^ And nice job in crews
13: JoWii - Lol man you're awesome. Your ****talking is the reason I came to the tourney. Haha but seriously, good games in the friendlies and be on the lookout for those Wills that might try to 3 stock you in crews xD
17: DjIke - Lol I drank your Powerade without knowing it was yours >_> Sorry about that haha. But glad we were able to play a few matches, hope we can play again soon
17: Sean - Good games in pools
17: Oranos - We never got to play :( I'll make sure we play at our next tourney, don't worry
17: Fwog - You and Kemor made a really good team, it was so hard to hit you guys in doubles. Let's play some friendlies next time though
17: Kevin - Good games in pools

Teh Future

Smash Master
singles fee was 5 dollars + whatever was left of the venue pot after paying for things.

doubles was 10 dollars per team

FBP

Smash Rookie
That was good times. Definitely a fun first tournament. I actually won a match too so that was pretty sweet. FAE you kick ***, I had to play against you in pools and I watched your doubles matches and you are insane. Thanks Metal for the tips. Thanks Future for hosting.

CLove

Smash Cadet
And who the hell is jack?
I was wondering the same thing...why is my real name in brackets? I worked hard to come up with a creative tag...don't make me out to be another "Nicole"

9: CLove - Jack I'm gonna miss you so much. It was fun playing with you at the smashfests and finally getting our team to where we wanted it to be at the tourney. Hope you arrive safely in NY, nice knowing you dude.

Finally? It was our first time teaming...unless you are referring to the times when we teamed up at Will's which consisted of me blasting you in the face with charge shots...yeah, our chemistry got way better as the tourney went on, if I was staying, I bet we could have become a local dynasty. I think I heard somebody say during grand finals, "It's a shame Jack is leaving, now these two can never team again." I say...never say never.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Legan called me a tourny *** cause he thought I didn't go only TL. *****!

WHERE'S DAT LINK SON!!?? You still got something to prove with your character ! <3

Teh Future

Smash Master
quick shoutouts:

1: Hylian ($80.00) lol
2: Ripple ($40.00) good stuff, now get that IC matchup down just a lil moar.
3: FAE ($15.00) da bess lucas. You beat some really good players. good stuff
4: Chewyy imma get that yoshi/ic matchup down lol. Still haven't beat you in tournament =(
5: Legan yoshi mk makes me sad =(
5: MetalMusicMan falco is broken
7: Kemorro didn't get to play you today sorry =( glad you guys found a ride though
9: Ctx play better against me
9: Fuu you are the campiest player ever haha
9: Syphien keep it up! I will definitely help you practice.
9: Clove hope you come back to see your family and pay us a visit see you at apex!
13: Chris thanks for coming!
13: Alex thanks for coming!
13: Radium88 you are getting gr8 at making brackets. can't wait for HD2
13: JoWii yo step it up or rauleen is gonna pass you up
17: Joey you got nervous in crews lol! thanks for coming
17: DeltaZ Work on your lucario more!
17: DJIke thanks for coming, don't think I got to play you though =(
17: Sean thanks for coming!
17: Oranos Play more!
17: Fwog I didn't play you either =( Next time!
17: Kevin thanks for coming dawg, hope to see you on tuesdays some time!
17: Kellen Hope to see you around, hope you had fun!

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
I don't care if they suck, everyone says you're a beast apparently, I want to see Lucas kick some *** lol.

Teh Future

Smash Master
i have some(not sure what got saved) replays on my sd card. But my wii is broken so I can't currently upload them

Top Bottom