• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Island Presents: *Sigh...* Duck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
I don't know about you guys, but I had a blast at this tournament. It was a little small still, but loads of fun. I hope you guys feel the same ^_^Thanks so much for everyone who came by, and here are the full results:

Melee Singles

1: Will ($40.00) :falcon:
2: Eli :drmario: :dk2: :marth: :link2:
3: Ben :shiek:
4: Swain :jigglypuff:
5: Luap :falco: :fox:
5: vVv Shippo (Vinnie) :jigglypuff: :ganondorf:

Brawl Doubles

1: Shadow and Zucco ($66.00) :wario:/:metaknight: + :lucario:
2: Spam and vVv Shippo (Orion + Vinnie) ($33.00) :metaknight: + :gw:
3: Inui and Snakeee ($11.00) :metaknight: + :zerosuitsamus:
4: Will and Minty :dk2: + :marth:
5: Nike Nick and Chair :pit: + :wario:
5: Dabuz and Swain :olimar: + :toonlink: (Because he turned down teaming with Eli)
7: Fire and Problem :metaknight: + :snake:/:metaknight:

Brawl Singles

1: vVv Shippo (Vinnie) ($100.00) :gw: :popo:
2: Dabuz ($71.00) :olimar:
3: Shadow ($19.00) :metaknight:
4: Orion :metaknight:
5: Will :dk2:
5: Mr. R (Minty) :marth: :metaknight:
7: Penta :gw:
7: Inui :metaknight:
9: Hakuuu (Snakeee)
9: BBW
9: John Zipcode
9: Zucco
13: Nike Nick
13: Cyber
13: Sapphire Birch
13: Chair
17: Swain
17: HippieDude
17: Fire
17: Dream
17: MBlaze

Allied

Smash Master
****** NY/NJ RANDOMS GO HARD

VINNIE IS DA BESS THERE EVER WAS

STRAIGHT FROM THE PROJECTS

MAH ******.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
People should know vinnie and dabuz agreed to split the money $100 and $71 for first and second and then played it out.

Good **** Vinnie <3.

Nikenick

Smash Journeyman
I definitely had a great time, it was really fun to see an American local, I've met a lot of nice people and played some great matches.

Congrats Vinnie!

Zucco

Smash Master
playing my crewmate second round was gay at this :/

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Wyatt, maann, we won doubles with a 6-0 comeback in grands!
I was content :).
Fun teamin with yah again zucco :D. Let's **** Apex!

No more singles for me if the competition is somewhat stacked, unless i'm in a reaalllyy good mood, i've decided on it. Just gonna have fun. I always worry about the money so much and turn into an emo ***** when i lose XD.
NO MORE!

CONGRATS VINNIE! Knew you could do it. Make it happen again at Apex man.
Good **** dabuz, you're too good, lol.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
5: Mr. R (Minty) OH LOL, next tourney im going with the minty tag :D

Snakeee

Smash Master
Snakeee is back to being a noob?
Shut up lol.
I went MK in most of my singles matches. Honestly, ZSS is not capable of beating a lot of characters when they know how to exploit her. I used MK in MU's im not familiar with and it honestly went pretty well considering that. I don't regret it, and I felt like I made a lot of progress yesterday....just wish I could use the characters I prefer to play as, but can't always have your cake and eat it too :/

...I hate that line, but I couldn't think of anything better lol

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
playing my crewmate second round was gay at this :/
I've been saying this for months, yet ignored. Complete bull****.

Whats worse, it's usually FIRST ****ING ROUND, who the **** doesn't know John12346 and I are NEAR STATIC teammates!?

And now in a crew to prevent this from happening again.

Tomato

Smash Journeyman
Shut up lol.
I went MK in most of my singles matches. Honestly, ZSS is not capable of beating a lot of characters when they know how to exploit her. I used MK in MU's im not familiar with and it honestly went pretty well considering that. I don't regret it, and I felt like I made a lot of progress yesterday....just wish I could use the characters I prefer to play as, but can't always have your cake and eat it too :/

I'd be more inclined to think people would be better prepared to face a MK than a ZSS in all honesty though - ZSS is nowhere near as popular competitively, a lot of people probably wouldn't really know how to handle her as well as MK, since everyone has to deal with him almost constantly. Especially in the Northeast, I honestly can't think of anyone else who plays as ZSS.

Congrats to Vinnie for winning, kind of wish I could've made it out to this one to lose in the first round.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
I've been saying this for months, yet ignored. Complete bull****.

Whats worse, it's usually FIRST ****ING ROUND, who the **** doesn't know John12346 and I are NEAR STATIC teammates!?

And now in a crew to prevent this from happening again.
wtf y u mad. niga who da *** cares. if you get switched with someone else youll likely still lose lmao

o and for the record, i didnt know you and john are near static teammates. or in a crew. i doubt anyone did.

and wtf does near static mean anyway. am i near static with inui cuz i teamed with him a couple times?

CO18

Smash Hero
Shut up lol.

Hmmm. You know what I think?

Riddle would've won this tournament. Get better.

CO18

Smash Hero
Ah true Snakeee would definitley **** on those TVs as well.

O wait nvm he just loses to an unranked mk of ours my bad. :(

CO18

Smash Hero
I dont care as many times as hes tried to say "FL doesnt know how to fight ZSS" and Riddle relies on gimmicks and would get ***** OOS. He needs to know hes bad rofl.

Nick gets 11th and 3rd At 250 person tourneys.

His only losses being M2k,Ally(after beating him),ADHD(3rd game last hit) and DEHF rofl.

Those are like 4/5 of the best players in the world lmfao

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
wtf y u mad. niga who da *** cares. if you get switched with someone else youll likely still lose lmao

o and for the record, i didnt know you and john are near static teammates. or in a crew. i doubt anyone did.

and wtf does near static mean anyway. am i near static with inui cuz i teamed with him a couple times?
Ok...

1. It's not the point of playing to fight someone who I would win against, it's the fact I'm paying to fight someone I already play/stategize with on a regular basis, sort of like you having to fight Gunblade or something round 1, seems ******** right?

2. Here's some logic that I ran into that was lacking

-I team with John12346. I play him round 1 in singles. The faulty logic here is the fact that the TO did not seed by association correctly and is seeding teammates next to eachother

-I fight a team in winners bracket in doubles round 1. I then fight one of the people I fought in winners bracket singles round 1. The faulty logic in this situation is that the TO would have caused a double jeopardy cross-events, which a TO should avoid.

3. Playing the same people first round every tournament is boring. Stop having complete bias because you get a bye first round, playing someone round 1 over and over again and playing someone round 2 over and over again is different.

4. Obviously when either one of us aren't going to a tournament we will team with someone else. I hate when people say "static partner" and team with other people, static partner means team with them or don't team at all.

Also I do bring this up with the TO after they publicize singles bracket, which I ask to be switched and they just shrug and say "sorry bracket's made." It's essentially like if Will and Wes fought round 1 on bracket, Will goes to the TO to say that he and Wes are in the same crew and should avoid fighting round 1. Would the TO just shrug and say "sorry, bracket's made?" Bad TO is bad.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I dont care as many times as hes tried to say "FL doesnt know how to fight ZSS" and Riddle relies on gimmicks and would get ***** OOS. He needs to know hes bad rofl.

Nick gets 11th and 3rd At 250 person tourneys.

His only losses being M2k,Ally(after beating him),ADHD(3rd game last hit) and DEHF rofl.

Those are like 4/5 of the best players in the world lmfao
Key points here:

1) ZSS is not viable.

2) Nick Riddle is a total luckbox along with the rest of FL.

3) This tournament was an exercise to get my MK ready for next weekend.

4) I'm beyond anyone in your state, and there's no one I can't beat.

5) See you at Apex :p

CO18

Smash Hero
Key points here:

1) ZSS is not viable.

Keypoints here.

1) Your skill is not viable.

2) You got ***** by an unranked metaknight riddle consisently 2 stocks so your 4th point is already void.

3. Your metaknight sucks since you suck as a player.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Keypoints here.

1) Your skill is not viable.

2) You got ***** by an unranked metaknight riddle consisently 2 stocks so your 4th point is already void.

3. Your metaknight sucks since you suck as a player.
Alright specifically on your 2nd "point" there, I can safely say that Riddle could EASILY lose to any of the average MK's over here.

Hell, if any competent MK knows how to fight ZSS correctly, it becomes an insanely uphill battle. I've lost round one to some MK's recently, and brought it back by dittoing them quite a few times already since my comeback.

And I'm not even going to really respond to the other two since they're just random abysmal attempts of trash talk by someone with horrendous grammar that never heard of punctuation.

CO18

Smash Hero
Alright specifically on your 2nd "point" there, I can safely say that Riddle could EASILY lose to any of the average MK's over here.

Hell, if any competent MK knows how to fight ZSS correctly, it becomes an insanely uphill battle. I've lost round one to some MK's recently, and brought it back by dittoing them quite a few times already since my comeback.

And I'm not even going to really respond to the other two since they're just random abysmal attempts of trash talk by someone with horrendous grammar that never heard of punctuation.
Rofl yes obviously Id love to see that and would place any amount of money it wouldnt happen. Get ***** by mero some more. Eventually once you fail with MK you'll realize that you're just garb but until then keep johning about your char while someone else makes over 1k in a weekend with her.

Also its funny how just random fl players can post in this thread and Id be able to confidently bet money on them ****** u rofl.

I amuse myself.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
Key points here:

1) ZSS is not viable.

Hope point 4 was a troll......

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
ITT:
Mah ***** CO18 coming into random threads and "amusing himself" (quoted from the man himself) as usual.
Yet another results thread destroyed by the angry floridian.
Sorry vinnie :(.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Rofl yes obviously Id love to see that and would place any amount of money it wouldnt happen. Get ***** by mero some more. Eventually once you fail with MK you'll realize that you're just garb but until then keep johning about your char while someone else makes over 1k in a weekend with her.

Also its funny how just random fl players can post in this thread and Id be able to confidently bet money on them ****** u rofl.

I amuse myself.
I'll let you guys stay completely ignorant just to back up one of your "top players." Gimmicks can work and even get someone into the top 3 on occasion even in a national with the right bracket, but as I'm also a poker player, it's extremely obvious just how much his play fails in the long run. I've done whatever I could with ZSS' REAL metagame, but sadly it's peak still has the player at a MAJOR disadvantage in quite a few MU's.

Speaking of characters that shouldn't be placing, FL must be the worst region in the world to be losing to a giant punching bag.

On a side note, it's hilarious to me how much emphasis the smash community puts on single placements in any given tournament. There's a TON of variance that goes on in every tournament, and you need to look at a big sample to even have a clue of someone's skill. I've placed top 3 in many regionals while I was in practice. I had a lot going on in life, so obviously my placings would suffer during that time. I can safely say I am back in practice now, so go ahead and underestimate me, fool.

CO18

Smash Hero
I'll let you guys stay completely ignorant just to back up one of your "top players." Gimmicks can work and even get someone into the top 3 on occasion even in a national with the right bracket, but as I'm also a poker player, it's extremely obvious just how much his play fails in the long run. I've done whatever I could with ZSS' REAL metagame, but sadly it's peak still has the player at a MAJOR disadvantage in quite a few MU's.

Speaking of characters that shouldn't be placing, FL must be the worst region in the world to lose to a giant punching bag.
Im literally dying now @ unwilling you are to accept hes significnatly better than you rofl.
I didn't smarts+knowledge of your char = gimmick. Maybe you do have knowledge of your char but since you're dumb as a rock you still place horribly. You should come down to FL and maybe we can smarten you up as we place with our
"gimmicky" chars like D3,zss,pika, and ness.

Oh Word. Alright then This giant punching bag vs your MK/ZSS/W/e 20$ At Apex. Noob ***.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom