• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Steakfest 3!!: Free Cash @ San Antonio, Tx

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Singles

1: Espy :sonic: ($75) [Split]
2: K Prime :pikachu2: ($38) [Split]
3: Nike :marth: ($12)
4: Castro :peach:
5: KoN :metaknight:
5: Kinzer :sonic:
7: Sonic King :sonic:
7: Suspect :random:
9: Pyledriver :snake:
9: Rob :random:
9: Oreo :pit: :lucario:
9: RedShadow :wario:
13: Paw :zerosuitsamus:
13: Kyro :ness2: :rob:
13: Jay :wolf:

===Players below did not advance out of pools===

16: Slush :yoshi2:
16: Laurel :marth:
16: CBF :falco: :dk2:
16: Cloud :ike:
16: Candy :falco:
21: Tofer :peach:
21: 610 :pikachu2:
21: Riza :peach: :pikachu2: :toonlink:
21: Big Boss :snake:
21: Omega :sonic:

Redemption Bracket

1: Paw :zerosuitsamus:
2: Big Boss :snake:
3: Omega :sonic:
4: Cloud :ike:
5: CBF :falco: :dk2:
5: Slush :yoshi2:
7: 610 :pikachu2:
7: Jay :wolf:
9: Candy :falco:
9: Riza :peach: :pikachu2: :toonlink:
9: Kyro :ness2: :rob:
9: Laurel :marth:
13: Tofer :peach:

=====

Help with who mained what characters in tournament will be appreciated.

I'll provide shout outs later.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Espy - Good job on 1st place.
What a surprise!
K Prime - ****, so close! I love watching your Pika in action. It's da bess. <3
Nike - Didn't get the big one this time? Lol, good job on 3rd.
Castro - Good job against Sonic King & KoN!. Redeemed yourself!
Kinzer - Awesome Sonic. Beat Espy in a friendly! Zomg!
Sonic King - GGs, man. Better start watching out for me. I took you to the 3rd game this time.
Suspect - Nice MM w/Diddy, MM me at S.L.U.T. 2. Also, **** that was a close match w/KoN!!
Pyledriver - Gah, you got me this time! We're 1-1 in tourneys, so I'll try to break the tie next time.
Rob - Didn't really see/play you here.
Oreo - Didn't really see/play you here.
RedShadow - Didn't really play you here. PS - I woulda *****ed about those pancakes!
Paw - GGs, Salt Master. I'm coming for blood next time we face in a tourney. Watch out!
Kyro - Didn't really see/play you here.
Jay - Didn't really see/play you here.
Slush - Awesome Yoshi. Too bad you had to leave.
Laurel - You're doing so much better. Keep up the hard work & practice! <3
CBF - Didn't really see/play you here.
Cloud - GGs, really. Sorry I had to Japes you.
Candy - Didn't really see/play you here.
Little Boss - You gotta cheer me on next tourney, or you're no longer LB! Also, get *****.
610 - Get into Brawl competitively and chain grab the **** outta Snake! GGs, man.
Big Boss - Get *****. 'Nuff said.
Omega - GGs on both sets. Try to mix it up every now and then, so you're not easy to read.

Special thanks to Espy for that Death Pool, his advice, and support during my matches.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yeah had to leave early since it was I believe 8 PM when I left and it's almost an hour to get to my house to kerrville. But my grandmother lives in Bandera which means another hour for her.
One thing I learned from this tournament though.. Never invite my brother. A yugioh player came by and felt like joining even though the tournament started he had no money and my brother gave him 5 bucks of my grandmothers money. He then faced me and instead of Lucario chose Pit even though he never used him and spammed B most of the time and F-Smash getting near him. For Yoshi Vs Pit MU's Yoshi isn't that successful.
I'll try harder to get higher then 16 for S.L.U.T. 2

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
THE SALT MASTA

****ING SHOUTSIES

1: Espy - <3, thanks for the tournament, and the surplus of sonics

2: K Prime - get ***** by the ghost on yoshis prime! RAWRAWRARWR

3: Nike - nikkke thanks for the ride, and i'm taking you out in the next tournament, <3

4: Castro - lolcastro

5: KoN - close set, was sad i lost :<

5: Kinzer - we didnt get to play, but thanks for coming :>

7: Sonic King - i failed in our set, NEXT TIME SUCKA

7: Suspect - i heard u quit brawl

9: Pyledriver - stop ****** me :(

9: RedShadow - cool meeting you, fun friendlies

13: Paw - lol

13: Kyro - we didnt play, hadent talked/seen you in forever, lolz

16: Slush - i saw you playing, you look really good (that sounds weird, but w/e)

16: Laurel - hearing you **** talk was hilarious, ggs as well (especially on distant planet :p)

16: Cloud - surprised me, hard. goood sets

21: Tofer - goofer i know your better then this dawg, you got dis

21: 610 - fun hearing you troll at ihop :p

21: Big Boss - <3 10 games made my mind die, good ****

21: Omega - ggs

EVERYONE COME TO S.L.U.T 2 AUGUST 21ST

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Probably the most fun I've had in a tournament. The SA scene is just off-the-wall crazy. I hope to see you guys again in the near future. :)

Life

Smash Hero
I like how there's ONE MK in the entire tournament.

Grats espy, I'd buy you a steak but one, I don't know you, two, I don't have the cash, and three, I live nowhere nearby.... but grats anyway.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
shoutouts!

1 Espy- good job on winning again (me counter picking you to port town doesnt work if you wont get hit by the cars) :(

2 Kprime- ggs we must chat more next tourny.

3 Nike- good job on 3rd Get primed!

4 Castro- :mad: jk ggs you just wanted it more :(

5 KoN!- you play sooooo gay **** you and your port town (deadpool agrees)

5 Kinzer- did you tell the sonic boards how you beat espy in friendlies lol

7 turbospeedsonicXkingjr- i saw most of your games good job kinzer too good and castro did me in too i feel your pain.

7 Suspect- ggs good money match, blame espy for port town lol

9 Pyle- we forgot to mm :(

9 Rob- ggs

9 oreo- gay a$$ pit (i mean played it right lol) your never gonna read this lol

9 Redshadow - ggs broke a$$ wario

13 Paw- ggs just like i told sus blame espy for port town :psycho:

13 Kyro- long time no see we didnt play:(

13 Jay- ???????

16 Slush- good friendlies

16 laurel- getting better

16 CBF- didnt play you

16 Cloud- i saw your ike good ****

16 Candy- dont hate yourself just keep practicing

21 Tofer- pick up snake, become little boss!

21 610- always good to see you john:bee:

21 Riza- didnt play you

21 BigBoss-"Keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final"-Roger Babson

21 Omega - didnt play you either :confused:

special thanks to espy one hellofa tourny lol i left two chairs (broken promises)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
What the hell is a redemption bracket?

And 3 Sonic's in top 8. That's just not right....

Paw

Smash Ace
NNID
pawzor
all the people who didnt get out of pools and lost 1st round got put in a seperate bracket, winner gets their money back

Nike.

Smash Hero
Espy Thank you for the tourney, I had a really fun time. Steakfests are always memorable. And it's so much fun hyping every match you play <3

K Prime You've improved. It's clear. I've never lost that bad in a tourney set before. You and Espy are on a complete seperate level from the rest of us. Amazing job for taking Espy to an extra set.

Castro The suicide didn't matter. You straight up outplayed me in our first set. You stepped it up so much from 2.1, and you got your revenge on Kon and especially Speedx. And now I have a true rival <3

KoN We didn't play lol

Kinzer Hyping your friendlies against Espy was so funny x) Nevada > Texas!!

Sonic King Getting first in your pool was an amazing accomplishment. I'm looking forward to us playing more :)

Suspect I could tell during our set that you couldnt shake off that Port Town game :/ I felt bad when that happened to you.

Pyledriver jdfsvgkljsdhglsdjk You were supposed to beat Speedx! D: Oh well, you'll have more chances. Let's practice for S.L.U.T. <3

Rob LMFAO. More random than 4 sonics at a tourney.

Oreo Glad to see you finally entering a tourney :D

RedShadow Thank you for coming down. I was interested to see how you'd do against all of SA. I feel like your a better player than me and that I just got lucky. Fun friendlies at my house, MAIN PEACH!

Paw Proud of you for making it out of pools, and I'm even more proud of you for grinding out that 10 game set. Your the player I fear playing most in tourney cuz you get so much more focused and it's overwhelming.

Kyro I'm glad you came to this :) and DON'T APPROACH omggggg x)

Slush Glad you came down to this, I was curious to see how you do against people besides random con noobs x)

Laurel BBF <3 one day we'll have an epic marth training session :D

CBF Your second tourney, and you did pretty well in redemption. I hope to start seeing you at more tournies

Cloud Dangggg, came all the way to SA for a brawl tourney! Legit. You did very well in redemption :D

Tofer We're gonna start training for S.L.U.T. because your sets against everyone are always too close and I think your just one step away from placing consistently higher.

610 Your trolling at Ihop was so **** x)

Riza Thank you for coming to this :D everyone was happy to see you at the tourney.

Big Boss I wanna call you BOSS! lol

Omega I didn't get to play your sonic D: it was cool to see you at this cuz we didn't have enough sonics x)

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Dang it, I actually have a bit of money right now.

But 3 Sonics in the top 8? O_o What has happened to SA since I last checked? Espy, stop influencing everyone!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
With Austin out of the way, espy will continue to dominate until he is unstoppable!

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Espy - Thanks for hosting the tourny, it was a lot of fun. I will pay you back the money soon.

K Prime - You're getting a lot better, I noticed it when you were playing Espy. Good **** on mixing it up though.

Nike - I know I need to train more. ALOT more I am the worst player in San Antonio, and I know I shouldn't be. Also, amazing matches with Castro and Prime.

Castro - Seeing you play makes me want to quit playing Peach. You stepped it up so much since the last time I saw you play, I am going to dedicate more time into Peach then DK.

Kinzer - Amazing Sonic, man. I loved watching it.

Sonic Speed Turbo X King - You're getting better, that much I can see. Also I am going to make Pik A Nik with twice as much food and you're not invited.

Suspect - That match with KoN was amazing, I still wondered why you went D3 the whole time though. Either way, you're a great player. Glad to see you haven't quit <3

Pyledriver - I really wish I could've seen your match with Boss. Good Job on your placing though.

Rob - Didn't really see/play you here.

Oreo - I am not going to John about losing, but I will say that you play extremely gay. But play to win I guess.

RedShadow - Good matches with Espy and Nike. Nice looking Wario.

Paw - Good **** Paw, good ****ing ****.

Kyro - Why did you approach?! WHY?!

Jay - Didn't really see/play you here.

Slush - You have a great Yoshi, I really enjoyed playing you. Yoshi's so fat.

Laurel - You're improving really well, just keep doing what you're doing <3

CBF - Your Falco is pretty cool, I had fun trading hits with you. Although you need to calm down a little when you start playing.

Cloud - I didn't get to see you play, but from what I heard you did good.

Candy - Didn't really see/play you here.

Little Boss/Tofer/Goofer - You're so bad, you got camped by a Pit.

610 - You should become more active.

Big Boss - I will root for you next. I promise <3

Omega - I didn't get to see you play that much, but I did see you and Sonic Speed Turbo X King

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Oreo mains Lucario and randomly picked Pit up during the tournament too see how far he'd go with him until someone forced him to use Lucario.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Suspect - That match with KoN was amazing, I still wondered why you went D3 the whole time though. Either way, you're a great player. Glad to see you haven't quit <3
That match was NOT amazing. I went D3 the whole time cause I have no problems playing metaknights with him (as showed game 1) only problem I have so far is what happen in game 3, which im gonna learn to adapt to soon. Game 2 was on port town so it didnt matter who I chose, it was against a mk :(

I need to step it up.

i quit.

p.s. For sure not going to any tournies with banned stages on anymore, morningstar made a smart choice.

1: Espy- fun tournament ( cept for stage) good job winning as expected
2: K Prime- thanks for ****** me in friendlies
3: Nike- you have gotten so gay good. You are gonna beat prime soon.
4: Castro- Good job on 4th, you finally beat sonic king and took a game off prime in pools.
5: KoN- Match was intense, mm was fun. You have gotten so much better.
5: Kinzer- Our first pool match was amazing o.o wish we had gotten to play more.
7: Sonic King- I tied with you da fugg
7: Suspect- step it up
9: Pyledriver- your wario is pretty scary, so i had to switch to D3 :(
9: RedShadow- you have gotten so good! you should of been top 3!
13: Paw-salty
13: Kyro- nice seeing you again
13: Jay- you wont see this but thanks for coming out, see you at work

===Players below did not advance out of pools===

16: Laurel- heard you cheer for me in one of my matches thanks ha, nice playing you finally
21: Tofer- you are better than this.
21: 610-stop suiciding
21: Big Boss- heard you had a tough pool, you should of made it out :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Shout out time:

K Prime: New mixups, I see. Tricky little devil. Thanks for the great games. You locked me like, 6 times!

Nike: What happened vs. Prime! :< Practice! It can happen, it can!

Castro: Good to see you finally pass the "Turbo Bump".

KoN: You got so good so fast! It was a treat to see.

Kinzer: It was great to finally meet another Sonic from OoS. You have potential, you just need modification and experience. Try not to rush in so recklessly, your aggressiveness will be your own undoing.

Turbo: What happened? Either way, good stuff at claiming 1st Seed in your pool.

Suspect: Glad you decided to enter. Ban Port Town if you dislike it so much. The experience should've been good for you, at least. Maybe one day you'll learn to CP and not get mauled by the cars.

Pyledriver: Good stuff. It was fun just hanging out here and there at this tournament. Keep fighting!

Oreo: Needs more arrows, lol.

RedShadow: Thanks for coming down to this one, and I'm happy that you enjoyed your time with us down here. Good games in singles, your Wario has improved, believe me.

Paw: That set with Big Boss was amazing. Good job on clutching the victory.

Kyro: Thanks for the pizza. I'll say what's already been said: WHY DID YOU APPROACH!?

Slush: You need to be patient against things such as Pit's arrow spam. It's annoying, and it's tough to bypass, I know, but you need to keep a calm mind when dealing with pressure. It's the only way you'll be able to successfully overcome player to player obstacles.

Laurel: lol @ scritching. It was fun hanging out, like always. Hope you and Big Boss come by for more games.

CBF: I don't even know who you are, but you did pretty well for a first time. Good stuff.

Cloud: Thanks for coming to this. You can't let certain events in tournament keep you down though. Win the first match, and stay focused so you can clutch the set in the second round!

Tofer: 3 bucks, Gopher. Thanks for helping me set up and clean up after the event.

610: Omg, where would I have been without you?! Thanks for setting up, cleaning, getting me lunch, AND taking Tofer and I to IHOP when I was unable to go! Friggin' awesome, man. Wish I could've listened to your trolling at IHOP. :<

Riza: Thanks for coming to the tournament with Cloud! I appreciate it.

Big Boss: Don't let this get to you. The moment that happens is the moment everything starts to take a turn for the worst. I can grab several famous quotes from several famous and infamous people in history, but I think this one fits the scenario very well on it's own:

Failure is success if we learn from it.
- Malcolm Forbes

Also, your set vs. Paw was beast!! Take him out next time! You can do it!

Omega: I wish I could've played you. Sucks that you showed up a tad late. Go to S.L.U.T. 2 so we can play!!

=====

Thank you to everyone for showing up to this event, and making it a great experience!
Steakfest 4 WILL happen, I guarantee it!!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Sonics
Sonics everywhere.
This one sentence made me think of this..

Also..

Espy Kasrani10874680 said:
Slush: You need to be patient against things such as Pit's arrow spam. It's annoying, and it's tough to bypass, I know, but you need to keep a calm mind when dealing with pressure. It's the only way you'll be able to successfully overcome player to player obstacles.
"Uses Calm Mind! SpAtk and SpDef has been Raised!" On a serious note I was sorta calm but with Yoshi you can't time much things as fast as sonic and every other character since they (I think) all have the same kind of sheilds while Yoshi is the only one with a sheild that can't be sheild poked but no Sheild Item Dashing and other aspects.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
True, Yoshi's shield is awful.
However, you have an incredible air speed, an airdodge, and a spot dodge.

You have all the tools necessary to combat Pit's arrows.

Laurel

Smash Ace
i am mad at myself, i did stupid things and lost where i shouldn't have
--
Espy - omg what a surprise 1st again lols. lol'd at your turbo/kinzer vs you friendly. i hope you like the new desktop wallpaper i picked out for you <3

K Prime - really fun watching your final set with espy, and stop bei9ng so shy, i don't bite D8

Nike - <3BFF, epic training sessions yes, you got my #, let me know when you want to.

Castro - we need to play more, and with your peach **** it

KoN - great job, stop getting so good so fast, i definitely can't keep up with your mk at all anymore. cheap ******* going to port town on everyone lol <3

Kinzer - gg, i didn't expect an aggressive sonic at ALL, but patience is indeed a virtue and wow@beating espy in a friendly haha. ;p

SpeedTurboSonicEspyXKingJr - good job in your pool, and you know i don't hate you. i was cheering for you, ya ******* child

Suspect - finally played you. i would like to marth ditto again, and i blame paw for my lucario fail. makes me sad.

Pyledriver - i ONLY saw the last part of your match with boss. close if i recall. we need to play more.

Oreo - side b side b side b side b side b forward smash. rinse, repeat.

RedShadow - i wanted to play you. your pancakes looked gross, you should've complained. :X

Paw - HAHA@being the only set who played on distant planet. arg play me more, people hog you all the time. ;_;

Kyro - omg, rob? -_- **** that top thing/laser spam lol, i was expecting a ness like everyone said.

Slush - ahhhh god **** your yoshi >.> i wasn't expecting you to live foreverrrrrrrr. stupid eggs too, gdi lol. ggs,

Laurel - why did you get impatient, lrn2powershield

Tofer - if the pit wasn't so **** cheap you would've won.

610 - glad we played even though we didn't have to, kept catching me in pika's (what was it, down smash? idk) and it was sooper annoying. fun at ihop

Riza - pretty good peach, good on your part to take me to japes but you should work on your camping.

Big Boss - dude, your EXTREMELY close sets with paw is proof you got it in you, you just need more study and more practice. you got this, you do. i know you do, lol.

Omega - i was not expecting ANOTHER sonic.

Big Boss

Smash Journeyman
Instead of johning about anything (except my Death Pool), I will take this as a bad day. I did horrible, my opponents played better than me, and I let everyone's trash talk get inside my head. Everyone below Espy & K Prime are on my hit list, so expect a better game if you play me at the next tourney.

inb4 coolstorybro

MeltyTale

Smash Rookie
Thanks but I wont be attending anymore offline tournaments.
Done with Brawl, I'm shiit now.

But thnx anyway, guys. Y'all are fun.

Btw u had a nice house espy =[
I wanted to steal it.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I really need to play with people that live near Kerrville. Rather then playing my brother, not only is he not good. But training advanced Falco techs for one night makes him think he can beat me and anyone else.
I don't like training off a cocky kid need a more mature calm and better player then that.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Hi everybody. I made it back home safe and sound. I just want to say that you have a wonderful community and that everybody here is great. Even if I don't talk a lot in-person, I am very glad to have talked with some of you about some stuff, and it was an honor to have played everyone I did.

I am terrible with remembering people though, so please forgive me if I don't match face with gamertag. So much was/is still going throuh my mind, but that will not deter the memories I will have from this place and having the spend the day with your lovely community.

First off, let me just say that with such a beautiful and historic city, it really shouldn't be that much a surprise that everybody was as welcoming and friendly as they were. Though I was sort of worried because my mother has got to be up there for most overprotective mother out there and that I would have to do some explaining/make-ups afterwards, but on the contrary your behavior has finally assured my mother that the smash community in general can be a very great group to be around and it's because everyone that I may be able to do more trips like this out of state. I want to personally thank you, as my local community has... shall we say, died off? I still play with a couple of people every now and then but it's not enough to make a difference, nor does it inspire me to practice all that much.

I'm just glad I did as well as I did. In all due honesty, I expected to get ***** because I have heard good things about the Texas community, and as for the pressure that comes with competitive play I probably thought I would not be at my prime. On the contrary though, I amazed myself and surpassed my expectations, even if I may still be somewhat disappointed that I could not join the grand finals and have a chance to time out my Steakfather. Regardless though, just because I managed to 2-0 a lot of you does not do this community justice in terms of the skill-level this community has to offer. All the matches I played were amazing, and even the ones I lost could've probably went in anybody's favor.

I am so sorry I did not take any pictures though! It did not cross my mind that I would want to have something other than Youtube videos to cherish the memory of having come to this place, but I am still happy that I met everyone anyway and I did manage to capture some of you passing by the T.V. or whatever. I was probably also too busy playing those recorded matches, as well as watching some of you play and duke it out. It kind of reminds me of Vegas back in '09 when everybody played to have fun and of course get better.

I want to wish your community prosperity in the years to come, and I also want to wish you all luck in reaching you dreams; whatever they are, for as long as you play this game and thereafter. I could not have asked for anything more out of you because I pretty much did everything I wanted to.

Now that I have that out of the way, I can get shout-outs going, and I was really looking forward to doing them. Again though, my memory is just awful, so please don't feel insulted if I don't remember your name, I have not, and will not forget how two of you for example helped me in getting food, because my mother and I took a taxi and the nearest restaurant certainly wasn't walking distance; besides that I was freaking hungry. :< They don't lie when they say everything is bigger in Texas, now I understand why a lot of, if not all of you, can't really be bothered to travel out of state. Going to the nearest city with competition much be a hassle all of it's own, and getting back too I'd imagine.

You know what would've been nice though? Drive-by Steakhouses. I had to settle for Burger King, but if I had a Steak for dinner, I might've been able to do better though. Oh well, no johns.

I should Get the general shout-outs out of the way, because for example, somebody asked me "Hey Kinzer, are you power-ranked in your state?" and I'm not sure if that was a compliment or an honest question, and either way, I will say this:

No, no I am not power-ranked, and for many reasons. Some of them are my assumption but there are other, and perhaps much better reasons for that.

For one, I am just an average player. Power rankings are for professional players, a level of which I have not reached as of yet.

Two, I'm pretty sure my local power-rankings were run in a circle of friends, so just because I'm not well known and my personally is counter-productive for socializing I probably didn't talk to enough panel-lists to go over some things and discuss how the rankings would be formed. Reason I believe this is well...

I hope nobody from here reads this, but take for example Kokaloo. I doubt a lot of you have heard of him, he's probably more recognized out of state. He's a Zero Suit Samus player. On his own he is pretty good but he has some things to work on. Why do I say this?

I beat him clean the last time we played. There is a serious problem if me, an average Sonic player, manages to take out who is as of the latest update is 5th/4th(?) on the local power-ranking. The same goes for Xero who is a local Olimar player, difference is I played this guy much more often and our score is more even. I'm not sure if he's power-ranked still but he was, and I wouldn't surprised if he still is. Our sets is probably in my favor but God is this matchup so Gay, probably just because of the character and what he can do to Sonic. Regardless, I will not lecture you all on a detailed description, since I know some of you can't be bothered to play either character or keep up with their metagame.

I could be wrong on that though, after all one of, if not the best Sonic in the nation, lives here, so maybe if you all want to have an easier time hit me up on AIM and I'll tell you what I know, no problem.

Anyway, I think another reason that I'm not power-ranked could be because I don't perform as well as I should for how much I know about this game, and because I don't(can't) travel out of state and play people and make a name for myself it may seem kind of "off" to have a random nobody on the local power-ranking. When Vegas was active, the higher-ups did everything they could to make this city look legit, and it was; really. Maybe now that my 18th birthday is coming up and I'm becoming an adult I'll start being able to do more of what I want, and right now that is to join Espy, along with the other well-respected Sonic mains, in representing this character with all our heart. I myself am not done, I just wish that my local community wasn't.

Who called out the song Espy had on his Wii on Pokemon Stadium I? Good call. It's been a while since I've played Adventure II, I think I should fix that soon.

Did somebody ask for a trash-talk thread on the Sonic boards? Done.

Who was trash-talking the matches between me and Espy? Good stuff~! <3

Hmm~... Was that it? I suppose so, Burger King too good. Burger King does what McDon'talds?

/lame.

Regardless, I'll save the best(Read:longest) specific ones for last, so~:

21: Tofer - I watched some of your matches. Peachy.

21: 610 - Good games man. Don't worry about being ridiculed on YT, if anybody says anything nasty about you I'll see to it the comments get deleted. It's all just memories of being here.

21: Riza - Ah, forgive me. I couldn't keep track of you. I was wandering all over, I think I played you though. Good games.

21: Big Boss - Almost took out Turbo, right? Luckily that was just almost. ^.- No I'm kidding, that's a legit Snake.

21: Omega - SAWNIK?! WHY~?! If only you showed up earlier or something! I'm sorry we didn't play either, would've been amazing no doubt.

16: Laurel - You're the Marth player correct? You were unlucky, I had played my apprentice with Marth before I left and I kind of figured that if I move around a lot with Sonic I may be able to give Marth players a good amount of trouble since it's hard to space with so much pressure even from across the stage. What a shame this did not help me against Nike, but it's whatever.

16: CBF - Forgive me, I did not watch or see much of you either. :(

16: Cloud - You play Ike? That's legit. It's not often I get to play an Ike, elt alone one worth their salt. Our set was real close. I might've lost if I hadn't mained Ike before I moved on.

16: Candy - Tasty. Aside from that, I really can't say much. Again, I'm sorry.

16: Slush - You played that Cyan Yoshi, correct? Augh~, you gotta work on getting around spam. I don't even play Yoshi and I wanted to cry. I believe that you are better than that~! You can do it!

13: Paw - Those boobies... Uhm, I mean, I watched your matches, and they were close~. Good stuff. Would've been nice to play a different Zero Suit Samus player since those are a rarity to begin with.

13: Kyro - Ah~, Ness~. I think I have FOW to thank for this, because I certainly would've been caught off-guard if I didn't bother to analyze this character and find out what to do in certain moments and in certain places. Still can't do the chaingrab, but I guess I don't have it in me to play gay.

13: Jay -Puppy? I don't play against Wolf players either. Seems like San Antonio's got it all when it comes to the cast.

9: Pyledriver -Again, what is it with me and not even introducing myself to everybody individually? I really feel bad when all I can say are excuses. :/

9: Rob - And again. I would just go with the same, but I know better than to make assumptions, and since I know nothing else, I guess I can say thank you for coming and making my experience richer.

9: Oreo - Glad to see Lucario still gives me trouble after all the work I put into trying to counter this character. -_- Don't mind me though, you did what you had to do, now if you can work out the habits I might've caught on midmatch I would've lost. That's pretty much the deal-breaker in this MU, if I can't do that it's lost.

9: RedShadow - I did see a Wario player, I suppose that would be you. It really would've been nice to play you, the only Wario player I know of that's close to me is a Melee player so~... Anyway though, I kind of saw that you gave up when you lost to Marth. Please don't let it get to you, I believe Wario has the stuff he needs to avoid losing in that matchup, I'm sure all you gotta do is play this game a bit more and you'll be a force to be reckoned with.

7: Sonic King - I couldn't wait to get to you! The only thing I disliked about meeting you was that I would have to play you in-bracket, and send you to losers. I really dislike it when I have to play another fellow Sonic player in-bracket when I am trying to help everybody that wants to chase the same dream reach it. Don't ever lose faith in yourself Turbo, you have so much potential and I think I'd cry if I ever had to read something like a going-away speech. All you need to do is get rid of that ugly rolling habit and you'll already make a huge leap for the better, I guarantee it. I am so glad I played friendlies with you and watched you play, I really want to see you get better and that nasty habit you have right now is not doing you any favors when I saw you get punished for it time and time again. I am also glad that you live so close to Espy, he can help you so much and I'm sure he doesn't mind this kind of thing at all; but I cannot speak on his behalf so I'm just going off the impression I got while I was there.

7: Suspect - Oh my goodness was a set we played out! I was overhearing a couple of you guys make fun of West Coast DI too, I don't think they watched me play your Diddy, or Nike for that matter. Especially you, allowing me to live to 247% IIRC. That's not something you should let a Sonic get away with! In any case though, I thought you had moved away from Texas, you mind telling me the story? I am curious. If it's tl;dr though, I just want to say very good games.

5: KoN - Meat Knight?

5: Kinzer - What is this? Some Random Sonic Guy from Nevada, makes his mom book a last minute trip to some place to play a child's game with a bunch of other dudes, and worst of all manages to place shy of the money? I hate your guts, and you don't deserve any of the pot from the money to get that Reisen plushie you wanted for your birthday when you don't deserve it. Why do you even play Sonic? He's a bad character and you should feel bad and perhaps reconsider picking up a better character so it shows more that you suck at this game and nothing you could do would make you place in the money. </3

4: Castro - I eat Peaches for breakfast, lunch, and I'd say dinner too if I wasn't eating Steak that time! If Turbo here didn't beat you I would've had I not lost to KPrime or Nike Om-Nom-Nom-Nom.

3: Nike - Playing you was fantastic, and thank you for making the most of the money match. You've taught me that I still have a little bit to learn before I can start taking names. When I lost to you in bracket, I had thought that I made some conscious mistakes that if I played you again I would've fixed and had you beat. I am not disappointed in any bit to have been proven wrong.

2: K Prime - You remind me much of Z when we played. and playing you was like playing him. I always manage to get closer with every session but for whatever reason I can never take a set off. I suppose it's due to one too many grabs and Thunder kills. You are a very good player, please keep going on with that, and perhaps push it even further. Pikachu is a fun matchup even if some of the things that go down are ridiculous, it forces me to think and play different in a way that I want to look out for so I can find ways of getting better. I wish I could've recorded the set between you and Espy but the camera ran out of memory. I will have to settle for watching and analyzing it on Youtube, but it just isn't the same as being there in-person.

1: Espy - The champ himself. Espy, what an honor to have met you, come to your house, and even play you for a bit. Your family is very understanding with smashers, and I love to see that. I also enjoyed it here thanks to the atmosphere. So chill. And I'm afraid of the choice of words I make when I compliment you, for I fear that not only would they be inaccurate, but they just might not be able to describe the amount of respect I have for you now. For as long as I've known you to be around, I have always looked up to you for inspiration and you have given me more than enough reasons to improve my Sonic before I decided I was too bad of a player to quit. However, watching you play live and in-person is entirely different than watching you on Youtube. The sheer amazement of watching you do things that I have thought before as unfathomable, is nothing short of mind-blowing. You truly have ascended to a level above and beyond. The song that comes to my mind thinking about it that could best fit the situation would be "Un-Gravitify." It looks to me as if not that you have conditioned these guys to play against a Sonic, but simply you have trained them to take out anybody that isn't worthy of claiming the first spot, and I certainly have a bit of a ways to go.

I am surprised though, you probably had the best of San Antonio come to this tournament, and I exceeded my own expectations for myself, even if I had that small glint of hope that I'd be able to win. This was a Steakfest afterall, it would have been an insult to not have played at my best, and maybe then some more. The only regret I have with the tourney was that there weren't more "Sonic" next to peoples' names, but I suppose having that happen is but a wet dream, even in a tourney dedicated to the very hedgehog himself. I have to find some way to get better, I want to make you, and everybody else proud, when they believe in me. I not only have respect for you, but everybody else as well, I did not expect to get this much encouragement coming here, being that I am not from San Antonio. I don't even care if all the trash-talking towards your own community was a joke, it is good to know that I had somebody, or some people behind me and wanting me to follow in your footsteps and do great things with Sonic.

I believe I may already be living my dream though. My skill as a player cannot unfortunately match my knowledge as somebody who looks extensively into this game, and therefore I find equal joy in helping others chase the same dream. This goes for everybody, no matter how hopeful or hopeless they seem.

Tails has honestly lost a lot of hope in himself, but the thing that keeps me trying to help him, among others, is that I see myself when I look at others. Somewhere deep down I know that there lies a little voice or person that tells the individual that they are capable of pulling off the most phenomenal of things. Sometimes though it is easy to forget that, and it is certainly much easier to spend time regretting the mistakes we "should not" have made. Point-being though, it is these imperfections that bring out the best of people o try to correct them and reach infinite possibility. You, Espy, are probably the closest thing for somebody to have a free mind and do things that others would deem risky or outright stupid. When I played those friendly matches with you, I actually had to be careful about my choice of recovery, because if I left myself too open you would go out and pursuit me, and I would be lucky to avoid your assault. I never would've in my wildest dreams thought that I would be more frightened of playing against another Sonic player before I would be terrified of playing any of Sonic's "bad" matchups.

And frankly, it is because of you that I am now convinced that not only am I able to do stuff if I put my mind to it, but my hopes for Sonic have risen another step. Granted, my hopes for him were always high, but now I am only more assured that Sonic is only limited by the player behind the controller, and you do not disappoint. One day, I want to reach this level of control, surpass that, reach whatever level you may be on at the time, surpass that, and become the new "beacon of hope" for the Blue Blur. Pretty big shoes to fill, but If I don't have a dream to chase I begin to lose sight of what makes me happy, and I need something to drive me to go onwards for as long I set my eyes on monumental achievements.

Thank you so much, for everything. I don't think even these long write-ups get everything I want to say, but for now I have to go with this.

One last thing I want to say though, specifically to you. I'm sorry Kita had to call you and get me your number to force me to call you to ask if you wanted to do anything Sunday. Not that I have anything against you, but I assume that you have a life to live, and I don't think you wanted to spend it with somebody who doesn't even really talk. Besides that, I promised my mom that I would go touring the city with her if she took me here. Kita's a troll, you don't even want to see the Reisen hentai he keeps showing me every night. :<

...Or maybe you do, since she's a bunny girl. I'm sure you two would get along better than we could. It's all good though, really I enjoyed myself here, and perhaps some day I may come back when I have my own money and I am my own individual, not legally bound to a guardian. For now though, my sights are on Maryland/Virginia, and then Utah. Nothing here in Vegas anymore. :/

Kinzer - Awesome Sonic. Beat Espy in a friendly! Zomg!
YESH~!

5: Kinzer - we didnt get to play, but thanks for coming :>
Thank you. I'm truly sorry we didn't get to play, our matches would've been fun I know it.

5 Kinzer- did you tell the sonic boards how you beat espy in friendlies lol
I just did. ^.-

And 3 Sonic's in top 8. That's just not right....
Tell me about it. WTF is with all these characters that don't start with an 'S' and end in a 'onic,' or even "Sawnik?"

Kinzer Hyping your friendlies against Espy was so funny x) Nevada > Texas!!
Lolwut? I'm da bess?

Kinzer - Amazing Sonic, man. I loved watching it.
Thank you, I try my best to please.

5: Kinzer- Our first pool match was amazing o.o wish we had gotten to play more.
Tell me about it.

Kinzer: It was great to finally meet another Sonic from OoS. You have potential, you just need modification and experience. Try not to rush in so recklessly, your aggressiveness will be your own undoing.
Thanks so much Espy, this means a lot coming from you. I did not think I played aggressively since my problem is usually not abusing/creating enough opportunities, but I guess in this case I went about it the wrong way. Thank you for noticing, I'll try to work on it asap. Oh BTW, could you show me the thread where you have that Spring > Jab-lock thing? I'm going to look into it myself and I'll try to incorporate it into my game. I can't promise I'll get it down anytime soon though, I still have trouble DDPing as some may have noticed during my matches.

Oh Also, before I forget, I was kind of fun showing you some tough love with my new brother. XD It must've been difficult when you got two of the same character you're playing and the opponents know what you're doing (somewhat) and how to punish it (somewhat).

Oh, and I hope you don't mind, but Kita no longer owes you sex after this. I took the ****** for him, and I'm glad I at least managed to get one back for him.

...Still though, I am terribly sorry you had to deal with this troll***. I don't even know how you can owe somebody you've never met in-person, halfway across the U.S., sex. Lol@that. He continued/continues to deny his debt though, but I got him now that I'm back home.

i am mad at myself, i did stupid things and lost where i shouldn't have

Kinzer - gg, i didn't expect an aggressive sonic at ALL, but patience is indeed a virtue and wow@beating espy in a friendly haha. ;p
Channel that anger into something that makes you want to correct the kinks in your style. I know you'll find a way.

And thank you, I'm probably just as surprised as everybody else who was expecting Espy to have me on lock. Or maybe not, did anybody out there actually think I'd do amazing, except maybe for Daddy since it's kind of expected from a father? XD

anyone mind giving me some feedback on my Ike to help me? .-.
If you could work on edgeguarding better, you'd probably be more solid than you already are. Good stuff~!

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wow.

I guess because we play him all the time, I tend to forget how much Espy affects the Sonic commmunity, and how others look up to him as an inspiration.

It was an honor playing you in our tourney set. I always thought I'd never lose to another sonic, and we basically went dead even.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
16: Slush - You played that Cyan Yoshi, correct? Augh~, you gotta work on getting around spam. I don't even play Yoshi and I wanted to cry. I believe that you are better than that~! You can do it!
Not being rude but Yoshi is sorta suppose to spam eggs. If you've ever played Delta-Cod he usually does mostly eggs and tries to time people out. As for me spamming eggs a bit I usually do that against MU's like MK Snake Sonic or ZSS, Probably Marth or wario too I forgot. But other then that CG'ing some of the characters I mentioned is also something I did.

Top Bottom