• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CEO STORM Presents: EXP Con 2010 - St. Augustine, FL - Oct. 8th-10th - The NEW FAST2?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
From the guys who brought you CEO2010 comes the landmark Florida event you've been waiting for (and pretty much the replacement for FAST2) :

Alright, so I recently became an official representative of CEO Storm, which is a conglomeration between Alex "Googlemyname" Jebaily and Joshua "Tyger" Campbell of the SRK Community.

My role in the group is to be in charge of all smash events they choose to add to their events. With the MAJOR success that was CEO2010 and HOOTERS BRAWL, it is clear that this is a group with high potential, with heavy community support and in-depth connections with multiple video game communities.

With the decline of FAST2 this September, I believe this will serve as an appropriate replacement event (just like CEO2010 was a replacement for the late GAMME). I want heavy OOS support for this tournament; people were willing to travel to CATA5 but that was postponed...

I will post more information about this tournament soon. It has HEAVY potential and I can practically guarantee that ALL of FL Smash will be present (It's not like any other region is going to be able to beat us anyway...I'm pretty sure we've already consolidated that :D) I expect a great turnout at this!

Official site: click on the banner.

Quick Details:

Renaissance Resort at the World Golf Village
500 South Legacy Trail
St. Augustine, FL 32092
(904) 940-8000

Super Street Fighter IV - 1:00pm
Melee/Brawl Doubles - 1:00pm
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift - 3:00pm
Melee/Brawl Singles - 4:00pm
Tekken 6 - 5:00pm

Info of event is on expcon.org.

Venue Fee: $20/person (Includes access to gameroom for all 3 days)
Competition Fee: $10/entry

May wanna make note that if they want to just purchase an EXP Con pass, the venue fee is waived. The fee for EXP Con is $30. The rest of the prices are here: http://expcon.org/registration.php

World Golf Village Renaissance Resort, St. Augustine, FL

That is a tentative schedule; it is likely that Smash events will take place over two days.

By the way, this IS a convention, and there is a HUGE amount of featured stuff like celebrities, artist booths, voice actors, competitions, random events, etc...

Get hyped, peepz.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hbox, is there any way you can change the date? Tipped off 6 is the week after this...

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
Hbox, is there any way you can change the date? Tipped off 6 is the week after this...
Why are you scheduling this so close to Tipped Off 6?
It's not my event; they just wanted me to post it...their date has been set for a while...

<_>

talk to Alex Jebailey if you want a changed date...

You know I'm still coming to Tipped Off 6...

sorry :(

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
It's not my event; they just wanted me to post it...their date has been set for a while...

<_>

talk to Alex Jebailey if you want a changed date...

You know I'm still coming to Tipped Off 6...

sorry :(
*shrug*

Its fine I suppose- I hate it when tournaments detract from each other because of dates though. =(

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
cool cool. ill prob have to save for ROM but good ish hosting hbox!!! anime tournies are a ***** cuz you get outside entrants who have no idea what the hell they are doing tho, beware!

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
We are not trying to compete with Tipped Off 6.

Come if you are interested and able. If not, there will be many more events in the future. :)

D

Deleted member

Small chance of me being able to make this, i happen to be staying in Orlando around that time and i'll probably need a ride. I'll help pay the gas money if anyone would be kind enough to give me a ride from the hotel. Dunno where i'll be staying yet though. All i know is it's going to be at a hotel in Orlando.

Tyger

Smash Apprentice
Prizes will be cash. 60/30/10. If amount of participants is large, it will be split for Top 4.

I will be running both Melee and Brawl. If you guys have any questions, please feel free to contact me at ddrtyger@gmail.com. Thanks guys! See you in 4 weeks!

LoliLovesRain

Smash Master
:O I already wanted to go to EXP con ....... uh uh uh I'll tell the person who drives me everywhere... xD see if he's interested in going :3

Top Bottom