• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

QUAKE CON 2010+Phase 12!!! August 14th!! No venue/entry fee!! PLEASE BRING SET-UPS!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Quake Con is the largest LAN party in North American with attendance totals reaching more than 7000 players(last year). Normally, Quake Con focuses on computer games like DOOM and QUAKE but this year they are allowing Xyro, Utd Zac and Monsters Arcade to hold a Brawl event. There will also be a tournament for SSF4(justin wong is CONFIRMED) and Sc4 at Quake Con 2010. So yea, please capitalize on this rare chance to play some brawl/ssf4/sc4 and much more at this historic tournament series.

Venue

Hilton Anatole - Link for more info
2201 Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, Texas, United States 75207
Tel: 1-214-748-1200
Fax: 1-214-761-7520
If you have problems, call Xyro (409-692-0697)

Date / Time

August 14th, 2010 at 1:00 PM

Be there by 11:30am and we start at 1:00pm with or without you. I HAVE to get 1vs1 and 2v 2 completed in ONE DAY so please be on time and bring a full set-up(wii/tv/ssbb)

Events and Fees

Venue Fee = FREE
Brawl 1vs1 = FREE
Brawl 2vs2 = FREE

Monsters Arcade is putting up a guaranteed $500 cash for Brawl. Entering Brawl is FREE but if you would like to make the payout bigger and stretch farther(top 5 or top 7) then please go here payments@gmma.us or walk into Monsters Arcade and donate a few bucks(the amount is up to you) so that when you win you can receive more cash. If you DO decide to donate, PLEASE put a note saying WHAT game you are donating to. REMEMBER, this is completely OPTIONAL!!!!!

Payouts

Brawl 1v1 - $350
1st = $200
2nd = $90
3rd = $40
4th = $20

Brawl 2v2 - $150
1st = $90
2nd = $40
3rd = $20

Links

Venue Website
www.quakecon.org

SPONSER: Monsters Arcade
http://www.monstersarcade.net/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Houston-TX/Monsters-Arcade/380893261130?ref=ts&__a=36&
http://www.youtube.com/user/MonstersArcade

SPONSER: FX Game Exchange
http://www.fxvideogameexchange.com/FX_GAME_EXCHANGE/HOME.html

Live stream
http://www.justin.tv/monsters_arcade
http://www.quake-live.tv/

Twitter
http://twitter.com/HOBO_Series

AiB
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=10271

Housing

Go to http://www.hotels.com/ and type in the address to Quake Con. It will show you ALL the hotels closest to the venue(even though the venue IS a hotel).

You can also try to contact one of these locals. If you live in the Dallas area and can house people, let me know and I'll add you to the list.

Dphat 214-536-1403
UTDZac 361-676-2223 - Housing P4's carpool
Shuz 469-237-4493
Ice 214-518-5886
Sethlon 832-482-5588
Brett (Denton) 214-729-1880

Setups

Please PLEASE please bring full set-ups(wii/tv/ssbb). Set-ups MAKE or break the speed of a tournament, so please help me out.

Rules

Stage Legality

Starters
Smashville
Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi Story
Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Halberd
Castle Siege

Counterpicks
Brinstar
Frigate
Rainbow Cruise
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Greens
Norfair
Pictochat

Banned
Everything else!

General Rules

1. Each match should be a 3 Stock battle with a 8 minute timer

2. Items are set to "off" and "none"

3. Set format (In Order of Procedure):
For Game 1 of each set, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

4. All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

5. In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

6. No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

7. In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

8. If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

9. Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

10. By entering the tournament you agree to have any tournament matches be recorded if possible, and be uploaded without the need for consent by the players in the match. The only time a match can be requested not to be uploaded is with extraordinary occurrences such as a power outage during the match. Failure to abide by this rule can result in a DQ for a tournament match. Reasoning: I believe that if players attend tournaments and play with the potential ability to win money at the expense of the community, the community is allowed to watch matches that are part of these tournaments that had money on the line.

11. The Mage's DQ rule is also in effect:
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Specific rules

DeDeDe's Infinite grab. You CANNOT Chain grab IN PLACE. NOT EVEN ONCE. The small step CG is banned as well. Normal CG is legal.

The Infinite grab-release on ness/lucas is banned. You must HIT them out of the release, do not re-grab.

Bowser/Ganon suicide attacks. If these moves are used to end a match and a sudden death is then started. Bowser/ Ganon will be declared the winners.

For teams, Team Attack is ON and Share Stock is allowed.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Planking is a perfect example. If i see it, you WILL lose your ENTIRE SET. No warnings! Play, dont gay.

Ledge Grab Limit Rule(MK only): ALL METAKNIGHTs that enter a match will be under the LGL rule. Metaknights are allowed to grab the ledge a TOTAL of 40 times PER MATCH(assuming the game goes to timer). The numbers can be viewed AFTER a match on the results screen. If you exceed the limit even by a single ledge grab you will lose your entire SET or match( the TO will decide).

Stage Gliding Rule (MK only): Due to recent events of M2k vs Meep/Gnes, i have created the Stage Gliding Rule. Metaknight is not allowed to glide under ANY stage more than 2 times in a row. He MUST land an attack in order to be able to reset the the stage glide count.

Xyro77

PLEASE READ THIS POST! It may answer some questions you have!

What happened to Phase?
Phase 12 is STILL happening, its just been moved to the Quake Con venue. So instead of going to FX game exchange, go to the address on the first post. If you have any questions about that, please call/aim Xyro(409-692-0697) or Utd Zac(361-676-2223)

How much will it cost to enter and play brawl?
The venue fee for Quake Con is FREE! The fee for playing in 1vs1 and 2vs2 is FREE. I am also 90% sure that SSF4 and SC4 are free to enter too.

How big do you expect this event to be?
If Quake Con's history tells me anything, this year will have 7000+ players attend Quake Con 2010. Since Brawl is 100% free(and its possible to WIN money) i think that if we can just get 2% of that 7000 player pool we will have 140 for brawl singles. Thats not counting the people that PLAY brawl competitive.

What kind of rules are you using? HOBO, Phase or the new BBR rule-set?
We are sticking with HOBO rules. But if there is a rule(besides mk LGL) you wish to be changed or maybe a stage you DO NOT want, let me know and ill try and change it. I wont be as much as a hard *** on rules for this event.

What about doubles?
Doubles WILL happen wether you get money for winning or not. Read below for more info.

What is the payout for 1vs1 and 2vs2?
Quake Con takes pride in the fact that they are the largest FREE tournament in North America. Because of that fact, they do not want/like us to charge money AT the venue. We have found a loop-hole though.....paypal. On the front page you will find a link to Monsters Arcade paypal account. They opened that account so that if you wish to donate money to increase the payout or to create a payout for 2vs2 you can.

Now before you go "wtf h3ll no N!GG@" please think about it. At a normal tournament the top 3 in teams and top 3 singles are 95% guaranteed to make it to top 3(gnes/razer/dojo) and the same can be said for teams (gnes+razer/trela+zac/dphat+????) so in reality we already know who will win and we are all DONATING to the pot without getting anything in return(dont be blind to that fact). Treat the paypal issue the same way. W/e you were going to pay for teams/singles at a hobo or phase, just go ahead and send it to the pay pal account. I say this so that teams will get payed out and singles may get a BOOST in payout(monsters arcade already donated 500$ to brawl 1vs1). Now of course, the paypal issue is 100% OPTIONAL. You DO NOT have to donate ANYTHING!

If you DO donate money, it can be ANY amount that you want. I also ask that when you make a donation, PLEASE put a note along with it(it will let u type a note) that says either brawl 1vs1 or brawl 2vs2. The money that you donate goes STRAIGHT to Monsters Arcade and they will hand out the money the MOMENT singles/doubles is over. They are VERY trustworthy and you have MY WORD that you will get paid. This aint no SNES/WinterFest.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Really good chance I'm going to this.

I need a ride though.

Sync.

Smash Champion
I am DEFINITELY going to this. I want to place high for once. I know I can't afford to get housing so PLEASE Dallas smashers house me [:

Edit: If anyone is carpooling from Houston please let me know so I can pay you gas money to go!!!

Xyro77

Any dallas player that houses houston for this event will get into any event of their choice for FREE at the next hobo they attend. you have my word.

bassem6

Smash Lord
so.... if nobody contributes to the pot then there will be no prizes for 2nd or 3rd place??

FK1

Smash Journeyman
I won't know till a few days before the event...but more than likely, I'll be able to house some players.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
so.... if nobody contributes to the pot then there will be no prizes for 2nd or 3rd place??
From how I read it, if more people donate to the pot, he can also payout 4th, 5th, etc. Top 3 is guaranteed payout...at least that is how I am reading it.

Definitely interested in going.

Xyro77

From how I read it, if more people donate to the pot, he can also payout 4th, 5th, etc. Top 3 is guaranteed payout...at least that is how I am reading it.

Definitely interested in going.
Top 4 should get money(ill split up the 500). If people donate money to paypal then it will allow me to pay 5th/7th....ect

-Tetsuo-

Smash Rookie

ruin`

Smash Journeyman
hmmm ^^^^^^

singles but no doubles. Phase has singles and dublz...ez decision me thinks.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You should totally use the ruleset that just came out. I foresee Distant Planet and Port Town shenanigans.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Help help, we're being repressed!

Wolfwood0

Smash Rookie
Updated donation list!

Brandon Buffington - $20 - SC4
Jerome Dotson - $40 - SC4
IcecoldEdge - $20 - SC4
Josshua Staton - $20 - Sc4
Omar Mohammed - $20-SC4
David Martinez -$20 - SSF4
KingAce - $25 - Sc4

Collected $165 so far, so that means we are now giving away $2310.00 in prize money! Keep it up guys. Show support for your game. ALL donations go directly to your pot. Lets make this big!

Xyro77

Updated donation list!

Brandon Buffington - $20 - SC4
Jerome Dotson - $40 - SC4
IcecoldEdge - $20 - SC4
Josshua Staton - $20 - Sc4
Omar Mohammed - $20-SC4
David Martinez -$20 - SSF4
KingAce - $25 - Sc4

Collected $165 so far, so that means we are now giving away $2310.00 in prize money! Keep it up guys. Show support for your game. ALL donations go directly to your pot. Lets make this big!
THIS^ is what you guys need to do if u want the pot bigger. ANY amount is fine just make sure you say its for Brawl

-Ran

Smash Master
If I can get us housing for it, I'm pretty sure Louisiana will come up with a car pool if we have enough people that want to come. By saving 15 bucks for not having to pay for the tournament, this will be a pretty easy sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom