• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How to Free Pull (Bone walk) Manually. Tutorial

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I learned the ways and timing of this thing. Excel explained it in his thread but he was a lil off with the directions. Which when I tried it, I could not do it. So I thought there had to be another method to doing so. Which there. I made a vid of it. Now my PC is on crap mode so I don't know if you will be able to see clearly what I am doing. But I explained in the video how it is done. And I'll explain it here.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM9Prc97iwc

To do the one from your dash, do a fox trot. And before the animation ends, get a turnip and then hold the stock forward.

--> + Down B + -->

You gotta be quick to get it right. This one is not so hard to do as doing it in place.

Now doing it in place. You have to TILT down/left or down/right. This needs to be done or you won't get it out. Just hitting down, then turnip then tap stick forward does nothing. That's why people had such a hard time doing so. So if you are looking left, hit down/right and get a turnip. then hit the stick forward. Do it EXCALTY as you read it here:

Down/left
-------------> + B + Right/Left
Down/right

If you over over the first part, Peach will do a F-B:

You have Down left/right on your control Stick. DO NOT GO PAST THAT WHEN YOU TILT IT. Also if you don't tilt the control stick enough, Peach will do a walking told as I was doing in the video. When I get my PC back in gear I'll make a better video. For now, this the best I got so bare with me here.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
hitting down and tapping the stick forward DOES work.

it's the method I use b/c it's a lot easier for me. I just messed up a ton at first but eventually I just built enough speed to be able to do it that way.

dash, down b, hit forward is the way Sky told me to do it a long time ago and it's been paying off now since my friend started making me learn it several days ago lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Dark this is genius and comfortable! I got it down consistently within 5 minutes. Great job!

Alas, B-sticking shall finally be overthrown. You know you want to conform, Meno. <3

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Ignore this post.
Going to try learning this.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ooooooh i didn't read the entire post coz i thought it was just bonewalking.

ima try to practice your way of doin' the mannypull lool.

i think ima start calling it the mannypull our of the irony for the b-sticking mannykins. xD

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I DUN CAR U'LL NEVAR DO IT CONSISTNTLY

bstick > you

Nicole

Smash Champion
i cant learn it for apex, but i will definitely try to learn these techniques for when i get back. your way sounds less complicated and watching the vid, they both look pretty useful. thanks dark!

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Hmm I'm still having a bit of trouble with the input myself. I probably may just be my controller's analog. I've been trying to compare the input with this diagram here:

Looking at the picture and thinking about the input I guess it maybe a sort of just between South-Southeast and Southeast(and vice versa when trying to slide to the other direction) input then moving onto straight East/West. Sorry for all the compass direction stuff I like the think of input sensitive stuff in terms like this from back when I used to study Zelda's Farore's Wind.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
This was really helpful, thanks Dark!
Now to practice doing it consistently-ish.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Hmm I'm still having a bit of trouble with the input myself. I probably may just be my controller's analog. I've been trying to compare the input with this diagram here:

Looking at the picture and thinking about the input I guess it maybe a sort of just between South-Southeast and Southeast(and vice versa when trying to slide to the other direction) input then moving onto straight East/West. Sorry for all the compass direction stuff I like the think of input sensitive stuff in terms like this from back when I used to study Zelda's Farore's Wind.
By this picture here, Don't go past southeast. If you do, you wont get it. Stay within south east.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I was first to see this post. :p

But omg, I find it so difficult. I'm gonna get back too it l8r. I just really need to add this to my Peach game. My spacing is awesome, I save my kill moves. This is all I really need now.. :|

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Nice post. You might want to explain that the B button needs to be hit quickly after pressing down, or you'll crouch first and get no slide. Thats what I did wrong at first, but it's pretty easy not that I'm hitting fast. Is there another method to doing it in place?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Tilt your control stick diagonally. You shouldn't ever encounter a scenario of accidental crouching if you get used to initiating your turnip pull while you tilt the stick; then right as she pulls the turnip you press either left or right as you normally would to dash: solidly. The only mistake that could still occur is an accidental bomber or an accidental standstill toad, but even those can be overcome and minimized with time and practice.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I meant the Fox Trot pull and you can tilt it or press it down all the way. Sometimes you'll buffer a turnip pull out of a crouch if you don't hit B fast enough.

Ugh, I wish I could do that C Stick method consistently, it's way easier and would help for C bouncing. :/

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Dangit I just saw this. I'm gonna try to practice it tonight for Apex tomorrow.

SO SIMPLE, WHY DID WE OVERLOOK THIS...

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Is the standing one a Bonewalk or a Free Pull? I couldn't tell if Peach was turning around or not to do it or even see it that well... If I'm facing right, I tilt down right or down left? If this is the one where you just turn around, the C Stick + B Method is way easier, IMO.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Wow, this is extremely useful and a lot better than simple bonewalking, because you can use this as a real spacing tool, rather than as a tool to get turnips. I think I'll practice this.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Wait wait wait wait
So basically what this is about is that you're using the buffering system to input the free pull directions so you don't mess the free pull up? And in this example, you're using the initial dash (where you can't do anything except jump) to buffer the inputs?

Is that right? I accidently do this when my fingers get in a mess when I'm Bone Walking every now and then but its never really occured to me that it could be a handy spacing tool. Could be handy after moves such as F Smash that hit a shield...possibly

We need to decide at what range doing a free pull instead of a Bone Walk would be useful otherwise you end up placing yourself too close/far away from your opponent

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's best done at midrange.

It's still just a turnip pull, which is incredibly unsafe up-close, but at midrange it's utterly fantastic. It bursts you out of range of lots of ftilts, fsmashes, aerials, and dash attacks. After which, you have a turnip for free punishes!

Top Bottom