• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Battleaxe Chronicles, July 31st, Durham NC

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Results

Melee Doubles Results

1: Baby Dragon ($36.00)
2: Reemergence of the Diablo Featheringills (18.00)
3: Manly Love ($6.00)
4: The Kids
5: Smash Knights
5: Horny Leaders

Melee Singles Results:
1: Dr. PP (63.00)
2: Twitch (32.00)
3: Yay (11.00)
4: Karn
5: Stingers
5: General
7: THO
7: Slasherking
9: Spoon
9: Jim
9: Josh
9: DJ Rome
13: Pan
13: Eman
13: Black Chris
13: Arvy
17: Mits
17: Ocean
17: Llllink
25: Bees

Brawl Doubles Results:
1: Buff Physiques ($48.00)
2: The Terrorizers ($24.00)
3: Duo + Ilove ($8.00)
4: Fire and Ice
5: Spite + Lllllink
5: Mits + Damage Points
7: Obama + Osama
7: Big Daddies

Brawl Singles Results:
1: Stingers ($58.50)
1: Dr. PP ($58.50)
3: Duo ($13.00)
4: Ilove
5: Spite
5: Ragnarok
7: Shady
7: Fyre
9: Stock
9: Dre
9: Uncle
9: Mits
13: SSJ6GogetaSephiroth666
13: Lllllink
13: Takua
13: Cow
17: Arck
17: 702
17: Business Man Cam Jam Johnson
17: Gurt
17: LtL
17: R
17: Ghost
17: Damage Points
25: KSK
25: Pepperz

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone for coming out, it was an awesome tournament.
I have no idea how to post brackets. I am going to work on that later since I have to go to work soon :)

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I have no idea how we got listed as "Manly Love" when we were clearly "40 Hour Work Week" but whatever.

We *****. Good stuff, Steven. So sad to see you go. :[

EDIT: Maria, you can send me or just about anybody the bracket file and we can upload it for you if you want.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
just go to the tab that says bracket for each event and then right click somewhere on the bracket where no names are and hit save image of bracket. then upload them to imgcake.com and post the links here

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol I need to remember how to do that. I suck.....

Fun tourney though.

Fine ZIO lol:

Maria: Thank you so much for hosting!!! This tourney was really fun! =)

Yay: Sorry about your Falco bro. =(
It was great to see you again man. Always too fun to hang out with haha.

Fyre/Tara/person who was obviously cuter than Stockfield(get *****): Thank you soooo much for housing us Saturday night! =) That Pit was mad good/patient. You combine that with some funky vs Marth strats(which I'll hook you up with, don't worry) and you'll be getting off even harder. Also good shiz vs Raggy.

Stockfield: =)

Raggy: GGs in teams and singles man. Always too fun to see you/talk to you man haha.

Fiz: We needed to play/talk more. =(

Shady: Remember what's not allowed to happen anymore....remember.
Also, I saw you checkin me out. =p Don't worry, we'll keep what happened our little secret. =D

Uncle: Lovin that beard man haha. See you around bro.

KSK: Lookin mad cute as always man. Sorry I missed the orgy, you guys are too fast. =(

Duo: Bro, WFs was tough. I honestly didn't know I had learned to fight Fox since that Billfest you beat me at, but hey I'll take what I can get lol. You put up a really good fight, and Lucario was a big surprise for me. Keep on rapin.

Mits: Good friendlies bro. Chillin/playin you is always a pleasure. Also LOL @ my MK. XD

DJ: Man we need to friendly more, you're getting that gayness better and better. =)

Karn: You sure create a lot of fun stories I get to hear later, the way you play. =p
Good stuff. I'm seeing some improvement.

Josh: Our talk/friendlies on the lol-lag TV were pretty silly/fun haha. Keep workin the bird. =)

PS: MAD CUTE

Chris: My Kirby is pretty gay lol. Sorry I didn't friendly you more.

Spoon: Sorry we didn't friendly! My bad man.

Slasher: I'm likin the improvement man. I'll try to get those vids up asap.

THO: You are soooo funny hahaha. I love the friendlies and just talkin to you/your beard. =)

The General: Thanks for the housing offer Friday night man. It was awesome to see you here again before you head back to NY, and I'm really glad you had a great time here. =) Keep beasting with Peach dude.

PS: Paper towel run/story sharing was **** haha.

Cam: MAAAAAAD CUTE in that suit+monkey bag combo. The friendlies were fun too(in those few small instances when you don't sandbag <3). It was fun hyping you in Brawl and just talkin to you bro. =)

Smith: Good shiz for making car rides awesome lol.

Jim: Always always always a good time driving you around and chillin with you. Everyone is getting gayer, so you gotta up that Ganon game. I know you'll do it. =)

Stongers: Thanks for ****** in teams with me(sorry I started sucking for a while), and mad legit coming back on Duo like that. Rep us well at MLG! =)

Twitch: Atta baby gettin Yay like that! Stay calm you doofus lol.

Itty Bitty: My head!

Cat whose name I forgot: My foot!

Maria's parents: Legit coming out to see the tournament. I hope it was interesting enough. =)

Adrian: Got cheated by Norfair. =( Should have beaten me easy.

Lemme know if I forgot you so I can add you in(tired johns).

Everyone: Thanks for coming!

Gamefrog people: Thanks for letting us come!

Laggy TVs: LOL

justice

Smash Ace
I had fun everyone hope to play some friendlies and more stuff. Before the next big event.

Ali?: Thanks for the Ganon match up. It was pretty fun. I still think it's fun doing Roy versus Ganon.

Bl@ckChris: Smooth Ganon I loved your Moonwalk demonstrations after I lost a stock. You should jab after an missed forward fair sometimes to keep Sheik from punishing you as much.The Zelda match up can be surprising. But, overall it's a spacing game for both sides. Because Zelda doesn't want to get punished. Triforce of Wisdom vs Triforce of Power the results are obvious every time.

BlueSlasherKing: I don't know but during the singles tourney. I saw you varying different tech skills. You were on beast mode for a good amount of time though. Great job with Placing with your Falco. I know you can only go up from there. "Give me a moment while I adjust my headphones".

Darksyde: Thanks for all the Falco advice. I didn't know you were friends with Pac. We should talk more next time. Sorry I could hear that well over everything... Could you be the other Falco Pac told me about a while back? That would randomly double shine for no reason? I swear I'll only be remembered because of that combo vid...

DJ Rome: Great patience Sheik. I loved your tactics and thanks for the experience. I should use the chain more off the stage against fox. It's fun for sure. Thanks for the Marth comment too.

Dr.Kevin: Thanks for fulfilling my dreams of Roy dittos and showing me so many options. I'll try to see if I can have my Roy up to the same level as my other characters next time. Then maybe... I can try to enter singles with him finally. Loved your awesome combos and down/tech follow ups. Don't know why people is calling it gay or get annoyed about it.

EverlastingYay: I can't believe I didn't figure out who you were till the end of the tourney. I gotta meet you again sometime.

General: Amazing Peach for sure! I hope to meet you again sometime. You're a real cool dude. Thanks for the encouragement as well. Also, you were using Claw Technique right?

Kadaj: Next time...

LoLLink: There are some pretty Beast Links and Zelda. Work on your spacing with Zelda and jump out of shields with Lighting kick. Also, you gotta chain grab Ganon, Spacies, Falcon, and maybe a few others with up throw. Darkmusician is a great melee(brawl) Zelda. You should check him out. I respect you for trying to bring Zelda back. I used Zelda a little as well today it was pretty cool.. I still wish she had the speed of brawl Zelda... You can fair/bair through fire(/bird?)fox and even phantasms. Also, a spaced Nayru's love on the stage can help if they are trying to recover over the stage or phantasm. To get them off the cliff to an Fair or some shenanigans. (Zelda is like an slower Marth with lightning fair walls instead?)

I don't know much about Link though. But if you stay still his shield can block lasers. Then you can crouch to block lasers that would hit below your shield or head. But, it's probably not good to stay still against Falco. But, it's a fun tidbit.

Maria: Thanks for the snacks and overall great hosting. Did you enter any of the tourney yourself?

Ocean: Cool name. It was nice talking to you. We should play next time.

ShellShock821: Beast fox your tech skill kept on varying against different people though. You'll do better next time for sure. Thanks for teaming with me man and the friendlies it was great.

SmashLordSpoon: Wow, your Fox was on point all day. I'm not sure where you placed. But, the one match with you defiantly helped me later on in the tourney. Thanks, man for the help.

Smith: Awesome, man. I'm glad I meet you in person. Best Masks ever! I don't know why I called you Majora's Mask Kid sometimes.

Stingers: Thanks for being so awesome. Too bad I didn't know who you were earlier. Remember the time Kos-mos gets remodeled and become more awesome. I still think Brawl Peach is easier.

Twitch: You seemed pretty beast. When I got to see some of your matches. I'll try to play you next time. Keep on having fun with the game.

Shout out to all the melee players. I defiantly want to play more after this experience. But, I guess there isn't much friendlies in Durham. (lol) See you guys next time.

Shoutout to the brawl players. I could hear you guys being hype even at my station.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
It was a great tourney. I could should have gotten 5, I lost to Spite who I beat all the time, but I SD'd oh well. I'll do better next time.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
It was a great tourney. I could should have gotten 5, I lost to Spite who I beat all the time, but I SD'd oh well. I'll do better next time.
yea, it stingz when u beat a friend alot and then they get ya in tourney. Don't worry stock, just clear ur head and stock it up next time.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
yea, it stingz when u beat a friend alot and then they get ya in tourney. Don't worry stock, just clear ur head and stock it up next time.
I know man, I just hate when I make dumb mistakes and lose to people I know I can beat. But like you said I'll just have to Stock it up next time.

Edit: for the record I know it seems like I'm talking down Spite, so I hope he doesn't take it personal. He beat me this time and that's that. It won't happen again in tourney.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I'm sure you'll get me back sometime. It would have been 2-0 if the lava didn't save me on Brinstar.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
This happens to me literally every tourney. I **** or do really well vs most everybody in friendlies and then kill myself/do dumb things and end up losing. Super Squander Bros.

The only people who consistently beat me a lot more than I beat them outside of tourney anymore are Kevin, Adam, Yay, and Mike. Why are they so good? :[

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
well I mean, Cam and I know plenty of others including myself sandbag in friendlies.
Loool, I've played every top player in this state on numerous occasions for at least an hour at a time. I think it would be more effort to actively sandbag for an entire session than it would be to really try. The only person who really actually does this in this state is Austin, who I generally have to threaten with fire (fyre?) before he'll start trying.

"I sandbag in friendlies" is possibly the worst john there is.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Loool, I've played every top player in this state on numerous occasions for at least an hour at a time. I think it would be more effort to actively sandbag for an entire session than it would be to really try. The only person who really actually does this in this state is Austin, who I generally have to threaten with fire (fyre?) before he'll start trying.

"I sandbag in friendlies" is possibly the worst john there is.
Cam definitely sandbags in friendlies actively

Stockfield

Smash Champion
I mean I may not go all out in friendlies, but I definitely still try. The only person I completely sandbag against is Fyre, even then not all the time.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Cam definitely sandbags in friendlies actively
Sometimes but not all the time.

I've definitely played quite a few serious friendlies with him, albeit not in the last little while because he's been either floating in the clouds or in Bill (good thing I don't care about this game) mode. Cam's Falco is still better than mine for the time being though, I admit, since he's been playing him a lot longer.

He'll never money match me though. :[

Actually now that I think about it, nobody but BlackChris or Austin ever accept my money match challenges. :[

lord karn

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure I win about 60% of the friendlies we play, josh. At least after we warm up for a while. You usually **** me for the first 15-20 mins we play.

Also, I try sometimes in friendlies, but usually I just play experimentally or make it a point to try to do certain things that I need to practice. This usually equates to doing worse, but not all the times. I also sandbag sometimes, too lol.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure I win about 60% of the friendlies we play, josh. At least after we warm up for a while. You usually **** me for the first 15-20 mins we play.

Also, I try sometimes in friendlies, but usually I just play experimentally or make it a point to try to do certain things that I need to practice. This usually equates to doing worse, but not all the times. I also sandbag sometimes, too lol.
Darksyde said:
The only people who consistently beat me a lot more than I beat them outside of tourney anymore are Kevin, Adam, Yay, and Mike.
60% =/= A lot

And for the record, I think it's about 50/50, and it's mostly close 1 stocks in either direction.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
The fact there isn't money on the line doesn't push someone. Everyone I've talked to says they sandbag in friendlies.

Top Bottom