• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Export #3 - Pokemon Stadium 2

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Pokemon Stadium 2

Pros:
- Stages are easy to manipulate
- Some parts make camping so much better.
- Thundersliding gimmicks
- One of Lucas' Best stages
Cons:
-The one con is Possible Grab infinites on the Ground stage wall

Counterpicks - :peach: (?)

Bans - None atm

Rating - 9/10

Welcome to Pokemon Stadium 2! The future of Pokemon battling galore! PS2 is a very fun and unique stage where it literally changes physics on some of it's transformations but nontheless it is fun. With a crowd cheering and a grand stand tv showing you in a new light examine this stage with an open mind and just have fun. No beaches to relax though unlike the previous destination. ;_;

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

I love this stage. It's come to be my favorite counterpick because rarely anyone actually plays this stage alot.

There are 4 phases:
  1. Electric
  2. Ground
  3. Flying
  4. Ice

1. Electric: 8/10

You really want the position that I have in that picture. It's the campiest spot ever lol. The conveyors give the opponent a harder time to approach you, so you should throw out PK Fires, and possibly PK Freezes and PK Thunders from there. If they try to approach you, just punish them by sending them off stage. I usually see a shield, so I like pivot grabbing or using a Nair and eating their shield, then following with a jab.

If you manage to keep your spot and send them off stage, U-SMASH CANCEL. :p If you U-smash (uncharged) in position #1 (right after the slant in the conveyor belt), it should cancel just at the right moment as to make it as close to the ledge as possible. The hitbox lingers, so while you edgehog, they're forced to go onto the stage and get hit by it. Of course, you have to time it perfectly - but it's pretty cool when you pull it off. :bee:

If you lose your spot, just PK Fire your opponent in the middle (assuming that they take control of it). Grabbing is a pretty useful approach if you're trying to regain your position. Just use it right at the edge of the conveyor belt. If you grab, wait until the conveyor belt carries you near the edge, and throw them away. If you miss, you have a lower chance of getting punished, because the conveyor belt may screw up their timing.

D-smash is pretty cool on conveyor belt too. They can hit get by all 3 hitboxes. :chuckle:

[COLLAPSE=Electric Phase]
Electric
2. Ground: 7/10

This is a mediocre phase for us. The main problem for us is the wall. All non-tether characters have a wall infinite grab release on us, so don't hang around on the right side of the stage even though we can get an F-tilt lock on them. I usually end up waiting this phase out on the left side.

You can get pretty good range with D-smash on the very top of the hill. There was a pretty cool effect with Thundersliding at Position #1. You just slide down the hill lol. Nothing too special I guess, but I thought it was pretty cool. :)

[COLLAPSE=Ground Phase]
Ground

[/COLLAPSE]

3. Flying: 9/10

Most of you may find this phase annoying because of the low gravity, but I really like it. It's probably our best phase. If you don't know already, our air game is not the best out there, so we have an advantage over those who favor the air.

PKT1 is amazing on this phase. Just send them up, and start PKT1 chasing. They're suspended in the air for a long time, so if they try to air dodge, you can easily hit them by looping again.

This phase complements U-smash pretty well too. I usually use this against characters with little range. Wario comes into mind. Since they're falling extremely slowly, and U-smash's massive hitboxes linger forever, their airdodge is useless against this. Plus, if it hits, it'll kill early because of the low gravity.

Stalling works well on here too. If, for some odd reason, you need to time out, you can just Full Hop --> Zap Jump --> Multiple PSI Magnets. The Zap Jump sends you so high, that you're in that little bubble, and PSI Magnets give you the ability to stall quite a bit.

[COLLAPSE=Flying Phase]
Flying

[/COLLAPSE]

4. Ice: 9/10

2x tripping rate, so just throw out random F-smashes and hope they trip into them. ;)

D-smash is pretty awesome on here. Just Run --> Shield --> D-smash. It's like on Electric phase. It gives the smash AMAZING range, and there's always the possibility of getting 3 hits for racking up damage.

You can have a gliding F-smash too. Just charge your F-smash (using Tap -> A), and you'll start gliding.

Your PKT2 makes you glide across the whole stage. :p I like using it quite a bit. It's hard to punish because you move so far in such a short time. I've had weird results with Thundersliding. Thundersliding up the left platform results in a faceplant to the floor. I can't actually Thunderslide across the stage. However, Thundersliding up the right platform results in an autosnap to the ledge. ._. Looking at the picture, the stage overall looks pretty symmetrical. A bit confusing.

[COLLAPSE=Ice Phase]
Ice

[/COLLAPSE]

Overall, 9/10. None of the phases are actually really bad for us, while some of them are actually atrocious for other characters. I really like the starting phase. The platform arrangement is nice, and there's no annoying ledge like in PS1.

I wouldn't ban this against anyone. Although Diddy can be quite annoying on this stage, but it's definitely not gonna replace Final Destination as a ban.
Ice:

The ice transformation is soooo fun. No lie. PKT2 goes from side to side and doesn't afraid of anything. Sliding Dsmash, Fsmash, and USMASHSHSHSHSH really hurts too. This is the transition where I like to just play around and have fun lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENq...5718756D1A5B&playnext_from=PL&index=0#t=0m50s

Sky

The sky transformation is fun too. Zap jump puts you like high above the magnifying glass at the top and then you can magnet pull/reverse magnet your way down for the fun factor. If you're one of those people that plays Lucas and doesn't want to have fun with the sky transformation, hit them up and start circling PKT's around them. It's really hard for them to recover.

Rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENq...45718756D1A5B&playnext_from=PL&index=0#t=4m1s
omg please let this freacking collapse already

[/collapse]

Tokaio

Smash Journeyman
I love this stage. It's come to be my favorite counterpick because rarely anyone actually plays this stage alot.

There are 4 phases:
  1. Electric
  2. Ground
  3. Flying
  4. Ice

1. Electric: 8/10

You really want the position that I have in that picture. It's the campiest spot ever lol. The conveyors give the opponent a harder time to approach you, so you should throw out PK Fires, and possibly PK Freezes and PK Thunders from there. If they try to approach you, just punish them by sending them off stage. I usually see a shield, so I like pivot grabbing or using a Nair and eating their shield, then following with a jab.

If you manage to keep your spot and send them off stage, U-SMASH CANCEL. :p If you U-smash (uncharged) in position #1 (right after the slant in the conveyor belt), it should cancel just at the right moment as to make it as close to the ledge as possible. The hitbox lingers, so while you edgehog, they're forced to go onto the stage and get hit by it. Of course, you have to time it perfectly - but it's pretty cool when you pull it off. :bee:

If you lose your spot, just PK Fire your opponent in the middle (assuming that they take control of it). Grabbing is a pretty useful approach if you're trying to regain your position. Just use it right at the edge of the conveyor belt. If you grab, wait until the conveyor belt carries you near the edge, and throw them away. If you miss, you have a lower chance of getting punished, because the conveyor belt may screw up their timing.

D-smash is pretty cool on conveyor belt too. They can hit get by all 3 hitboxes. :chuckle:

[COLLAPSE=Electric Phase]
Electric

[/COLLAPSE]

2. Ground: 7/10

This is a mediocre phase for us. The main problem for us is the wall. All non-tether characters have a wall infinite grab release on us, so don't hang around on the right side of the stage even though we can get an F-tilt lock on them. I usually end up waiting this phase out on the left side.

You can get pretty good range with D-smash on the very top of the hill. There was a pretty cool effect with Thundersliding at Position #1. You just slide down the hill lol. Nothing too special I guess, but I thought it was pretty cool. :)

[COLLAPSE=Ground Phase]
Ground

[/COLLAPSE]

3. Flying: 9/10

Most of you may find this phase annoying because of the low gravity, but I really like it. It's probably our best phase. If you don't know already, our air game is not the best out there, so we have an advantage over those who favor the air.

PKT1 is amazing on this phase. Just send them up, and start PKT1 chasing. They're suspended in the air for a long time, so if they try to air dodge, you can easily hit them by looping again.

This phase complements U-smash pretty well too. I usually use this against characters with little range. Wario comes into mind. Since they're falling extremely slowly, and U-smash's massive hitboxes linger forever, their airdodge is useless against this. Plus, if it hits, it'll kill early because of the low gravity.

Stalling works well on here too. If, for some odd reason, you need to time out, you can just Full Hop --> Zap Jump --> Multiple PSI Magnets. The Zap Jump sends you so high, that you're in that little bubble, and PSI Magnets give you the ability to stall quite a bit.

[COLLAPSE=Flying Phase]
Flying

[/COLLAPSE]

4. Ice: 9/10

2x tripping rate, so just throw out random F-smashes and hope they trip into them. ;)

D-smash is pretty awesome on here. Just Run --> Shield --> D-smash. It's like on Electric phase. It gives the smash AMAZING range, and there's always the possibility of getting 3 hits for racking up damage.

You can have a gliding F-smash too. Just charge your F-smash (using Tap -> A), and you'll start gliding.

Your PKT2 makes you glide across the whole stage. :p I like using it quite a bit. It's hard to punish because you move so far in such a short time. I've had weird results with Thundersliding. Thundersliding up the left platform results in a faceplant to the floor. I can't actually Thunderslide across the stage. However, Thundersliding up the right platform results in an autosnap to the ledge. ._. Looking at the picture, the stage overall looks pretty symmetrical. A bit confusing.

[COLLAPSE=Ice Phase]
Ice

[/COLLAPSE]

Overall, 9/10. None of the phases are actually really bad for us, while some of them are actually atrocious for other characters. I really like the starting phase. The platform arrangement is nice, and there's no annoying ledge like in PS1.

I wouldn't ban this against anyone. Although Diddy can be quite annoying on this stage, but it's definitely not gonna replace Final Destination as a ban.

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
Ice:

The ice transformation is soooo fun. No lie. PKT2 goes from side to side and doesn't afraid of anything. Sliding Dsmash, Fsmash, and USMASHSHSHSHSH really hurts too. This is the transition where I like to just play around and have fun lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENq...5718756D1A5B&playnext_from=PL&index=0#t=0m50s

Sky

The sky transformation is fun too. Zap jump puts you like high above the magnifying glass at the top and then you can magnet pull/reverse magnet your way down for the fun factor. If you're one of those people that plays Lucas and doesn't want to have fun with the sky transformation, hit them up and start circling PKT's around them. It's really hard for them to recover.

Rock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nENq...45718756D1A5B&playnext_from=PL&index=0#t=4m1s

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
You guys make these stage discussions too easy. ;-;

I personally love this stage and this is where I go if Brinstar gets banned on me. However if LM is allowed i debate on these two. 9/10 seems right though i can't think of any negatives to this stage. No one does horrible on this stage (well this is like Peach's worst stage iirc sooo maybe CP her there however this stage is just a stage no one is really bad). Ban against uhm i can't see banning this against anyone. ;s

Anyways summary will be up soon so expect a new stage discussion in a couple hours.

Edit: Summary is up but effing SWF is being stupid and won't let me collapse it.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Pocket MK and Pocket Olimar wreck too much on LM for me to actually want to CP there. Lucas wrecks really good on this stage and not many pocket characters can wreck us here. In my book, it's better than LM.

T-block

B2B TST
I'm pretty interested in what you guys have to say on this... lately discussions about this stage have raised questions about which characters see this as a strong CP, and which characters see this as a bad stage for them.

I've played Tokaio a lot, and I've seen (and felt lol) what Lucas can do on PS2... people seem to be in agreement though? Where would you rank this on your CP list? Would you strongly consider CP'ing this in a bo3? bo5?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Pocket MK and Pocket Olimar wreck too much on LM for me to actually want to CP there. Lucas wrecks really good on this stage and not many pocket characters can wreck us here. In my book, it's better than LM.
Exactly the reason I debate between. However I feel comfortable on either one of them and i just go with what i feel chances will help me with. Gotta have a little luck with your picks ;).

I'm pretty interested in what you guys have to say on this... lately discussions about this stage have raised questions about which characters see this as a strong CP, and which characters see this as a bad stage for them.

I've played Tokaio a lot, and I've seen (and felt lol) what Lucas can do on PS2... people seem to be in agreement though? Where would you rank this on your CP list? Would you strongly consider CP'ing this in a bo3? bo5?
This stage is a strong cp for Lucas ;D. I'd possibly rank this imho as our second Brinstar. Brinstar being the best, PS2 is most likely a strong second. I'm sorry i do not know the terms bo3 or bo5 =/. Overall this stage is really good for him. (hence the 9/10 rating)

T-block

B2B TST
bo3/bo5 means best-of-3, best-of-5, referring to the number of games in a set.

So if you rank it as your second CP, it means you're actually fairly likely to CP it in a set - if Brinstar is banned, or if your opponent's character does really well on Brinstar? And it means it's very likely to see it in a bo5?

Kole

Smash Lord
I'd CP this if they ban Brinstar and their character does well on BF

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
bo3/bo5 means best-of-3, best-of-5, referring to the number of games in a set.

So if you rank it as your second CP, it means you're actually fairly likely to CP it in a set - if Brinstar is banned, or if your opponent's character does really well on Brinstar? And it means it's very likely to see it in a bo5?
Thank you for telling me what it means, I just really fail with anagrams I don't know. :laugh:

This stage can be seen in both a bo3/bo5 set. If someone bans Brinstar (which is currently Lucas' best stage) it is suggested using this as his stage. However some people would prefer to use this stage over Brinstar because other characters do very well on it as well (i.e. MK, GW, Wario, ZSS come to mind). With PS2 it is more broad as to who you can take here and still do very well on it.

It really depends on the player. PS2 most likely can be seen in a set just as much as Brisntar. The likelyhood of seeing it in a bo3/bo5 set seems the same as being VERY likely ^_^

I hope I answered your question T-block!

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
I don't CP Brinstar any more b/c of people going MK on it. So yes, I do CP this when I know that they may go MK.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Has anyone ever made friends rage one the Electric part when they are trying to get back when you can literally just PKT and PKF camp from the center and it makes it really hard for them to not be put in an awkward position/offstage or take damage.

imo I love the electric part the best. Electric, Flying, Ice, Normal, and then Ground in that order for me. :3

Electric = 10/10 (remember im an opptimist)
Flying = 9/10
Ice = 9/10
Normal = 8/10
Ground = 7/10

Overall 9/10.

Once you learn how to navagate this stage to it's fullest this stage is raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaape for Lucas <3333.

Top Bottom