• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake's Bdacus

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Iv'e been Practicing with snake for some time(Trying to figure out how he works). I started messing around with his Bdacus and I found some useful things with it . Bdacus is really good for snake and he has a lot of uses for it. Below, I am going to list some of the best moves to use with Bdacus

1. Short hop C4 explosion to Bdacus: This one seems to be vary useful to me because you can jump behind your C4 and then surprise your opponent with a Bdacus.

2. Double jump Nair to Bdacus: This one also seems to be vary useful because it allows you to catch up to your opponent when he is sent flying by the last hit of the Nair.

3. Short hop Uair to Ddacus: Although not as useful as the first two, I could see some good uses for this one like when your opponent DIs the attack in the direction that you are facing

4. Shield drop to Bdacus: This one in my opinion is the most useful. It allows you to grab your grenades when you drop them while shielding and you will catch a lot of opponents off guard with the Bdacus .

5.Full hop grenade pull to Bdacus: It's pretty self explanatory. I could see some good uses for this.

will add more information later. I hope to see a lot more people using this tech as it will give you snakes more options.

Underload

Lazy
I think if you BDACUS, it's pretty much guaranteed that it'll be the longest distance possible for his DACUS, so that's good. It's really just used as an immediate follow-up move to catch people offguard, like SMJ said. Have you ever seen Falco use it? It's actually quite useful for him out of stuff like dthrow.

SaveMeJebus, this is good stuff. Mind testing some potential uses for BDACUS out of Snake's throws?

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
both dacus and Bdacus travel the same distance. You can also Bdacus out of all of snakes throws even his Back throw because he faces his opponent after he throws them

Underload

Lazy
Well, a perfectly done DACUS goes as far as a BDACUS. If you're me and never learned to DACUS perfectly, you don't get the full distance and a BDACUS actually goes a bit farther.

napZzz

Smash Hero
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I dont think theres a such thing as a perfect dacus, in my time of playing snake the invention of the mortar slide to now i'm pretty sure I would've done at least 1 perfect dacus that goes farther....

etecoon

Smash Hero
yeah, I've seen that with falco, I don't think I've ever seen snake's dacus go different lengths

Underload

Lazy
When I DACUS, I hear the sound Snake makes when he does a dash attack and also the sound made when you pull out a mortar. When some other Snake mortarslide, you only hear the sound of them pulling out the mortar. I'm pretty sure one of them goes farther than the other, even if it's not by much. I'm not talking about anything really significant here.

PZ

Smash Lord
They do go the same distance when snake goes perfectly dacus but its not hard to do it perfectly with the other way. I think down cstick<up z. BDACUS moves you accross the length slightly faster than DACUS. Works great after ftilt and fthrow/bthrow at low percents might actually be a "combo" most likely not considering the weight differences.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'd rather DACUS normally since buffering the DACUS with Snake doesn't serve too much of a benefit as doing it regularly. It does come out much much faster, but it travels the same amount of distance and has tight timing. I agree on most of the examples, but things like FH- Bair > Bdacus wouldn't work, as FH-Bair > Standard DACUS, would. Nice to find implements for this AT, i never use it a lot, so this should be a help.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I dont think it would be a waste of time. Even if we are late on the timing it should show up as a normal dacus since snake has alot of frames to input dacus. And as long as it is buffered it will help.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Just tried to Bdacus out of Snake's FH-Bair, it doesn't work. I don't think you can buffer a turnaround animation, if so, it may require 2 tap and returns of the Control Stick, as opposed to 1 with normal Bdacus.
However, FH-Bair > Normal Dacus works fine. I don't see too many uses for Snake's Bdacus unless you are facing your opponent.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
Comments like this are the reason snake isn't improving
slow down there speedy.

snake's bdacus doesn't go any further, and it's only going to save you a handful of frames. that's so fast you won't even almost notice the difference. not to mention that it's easy to screw up, leaving you either doing an empty dash, random dash attack or standing usmash, all of which leave you pretty wide open.

instead, people need to focus on their nade game. it's so complicated that it can never be completely mastered, and can ALWAYS improve. and further, this is the sole reason why snake has positive mus against most of the cast. improve here and your snake will be worlds better than before.

you want to improve snake? i think getting priorities right is the most important place to start.

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
How about we try out ff ad > BDACUS from spawning ? it could be a way to close space and instantly put pressure on your opponent, and you have the invincibility frames to cover you.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
and if they shield it you've wasted valuable time that you could have set up other projectiles instead of being right next to the ledge

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Its an option, I'm not saying to do it every time.

EDIT: So dash attack hitbox comes out on frame 5 and usmash comes out frame 11, so add 1 frame for dash cancel that would be frame 12.

Perhaps it would be good to learn to buffer dash attacks first since it seems to have more potential.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The BDacus is pretty much the regular Dacus aka the Mortarslide (the snakes' nickname) except it comes out faster. With some characters you gain more distance with it, Snake's already travels like half of FD though. The easiest way to perform a BDacus is to buffer (input a command during the ending lag of the current move so that the next move is executed immediately after) a dash and then perform the Dacus. For BDacus I set the R button as attack.

And I input:

Dash (should be buffered) + down on the C-stick then up on the control stick + R.

That's my method. To get a good idea of what a buffered Dacus looks like experiment with Wario, Falco, or Diddy to see very clear result. You can perform a buffered Dacus after any move. Even just a regular dash or a throw, whatev

Top Bottom