• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match Up Export: Bowser

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
Overview:TBA

Bowser's Pros and Cons:

+ UpB OoS
+ Heavy

- No vertical recovery/ gimpable recovery
- Big frame
- No Approach option

Watch out for:
0% Kirby– Say what?! Exactly. When you're @ 0% stay in the center of the stage

because otherwise there's a chance you'll be Bowsercided. Simple take a little damage and

keep towards the center of the stage until Bowser has higher damage percents than Kirby.

UpB OoS– Anything you do that doesn't have perfect spacing, punishing something, etc.

is going to be rewarded w/ an UpB OoS (out of shield) and it's going to

outprioritize/superarmor (I'm not sure which) anything you're doing.

Fire Edgegaurding– It'll eat up your jumps. Go around it.

How to win:
Bait and BAir– Since Bowser can UpB OoS and won't be approaching anyways, you need

'to get the turtle to come out of his shell'

[insert 'See what I did there' pic]

by Baiting w/ jump and/or properly spaced Bair coming from 10-11 o'clock angle (in front and

above). Once you bait the UpB, punish w/ something quickly because it's deceptive how fast

Bowser can react afterwards; a FSmash should do the trick or a grab combo at lower percents.

UpTilt the hell out of him.

Gimp– DAir Bowsers UpB when Bowser is offstage. Gimp suggestions:

Recovering low ->DAir.
Recovering onstage ->Inhale>one second>jump offstage>footstool
Recovering from far -> jump twice to bait the UpB, then DAir or just wait to DAir.

Also, this is a great time to take his Firebreathing which is great in this MU.

Spit out or Swallow?
This is definitely a MU that goes either way. If you don't have the lead, then go for an

inhalebreak>footstool offstage or while Bowser is recovering. If you have the lead,

Firebreathing is DA BESS! On platforms the angle of the fire can be used to full effect and

against Bowser's big frame is hard to avoid. Don't get attacked trying to get this delicious

power, just wait til Bowser is recovering.

Stages

Will update after discussion.

Synopsis: TBA

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I haven't played too many Kirby players, but I've never found the MU to be too difficult.

Kirby doesn't have much range and is forced to get in close to deal damage to Bowser. Bowser has no problem just waiting and punishing Kirby's mistakes.

Kirby has his fthrow combo on Bowser, but with proper SDI, I've only been hit by one upair following the fthrow.

A good Kirby could definitely benefit from sucking up Bowser's Fire Breath. With our large body, it's more difficult for us to SDI out of the fire than it is for Kirby to SDI out of our fire.

Fortunately for Kirby, Bowser doesn't have many GR options on him. Bowser has a guaranteed fair out of air release on Kirby, and that's it. Now if the Kirby mashes out while being pummeled, we can regrab, Klaw, jab, and ftilt.

Kirby absolutely wrecks Bowser offstage, so Bowser will try his hardest to stay onstage as much as possible.

This MU really boils down to being a very patient MU for both sides.

60:40 in Kirby's favor...maybe 55:45.

B!squick

Smash Master
Yeah, Kirby's DAir out prioritizes Fortress, so if Bowser is recovering low you should have no trouble taking the stock.

Match-up should be standard affair for Kirby. BAir constantly and all that. If you can get a UTilt chain going expect ALOT of damage. Watch out for Bowser's OoS game. Be ready to DI like mad after only a couple hits.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sounds pretty accurate. Also, situational, but we have inhale break>footstool on bowser.

lucassassin

Smash Cadet
It seems to me that the awnser to this match up is spaced bairs and the down air spike. Also as stated before try to stay in the middle when at lower percentages than bowser but know that if you are higher or about the same you have slight control over the path the attack takes.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Stage against Bowser, huh... Platforms rule for Kirby more than Bowser due to how we can change from ground-game to air-game to ground-game seamlessly, covering all our bases! And well, stages with high ceilings would help us survive more. Close side blast-zones and the ability to gimp Bowser help us make this MU easy. On that note, stages with no ledges means Bowser will have an even worse time recovering, so PT:AD should be one of Kirby's primary counterpicks whenever available.

I've never had problems against Bowser either. I think that when Kirby gets a single grab, or an utilt, on Bowser at 0%, Bowser inevitable gets hurt real bad afterwards. Both have low ground and aerial speed, so Kirby can keep up with Bowser and continue his strings far easier than with many other characters. Only bad thing about the MU for us is that Bowser is strong, so he can hit us hard if we're not careful... But other than that, getting a grab on Kirby's gonna be hard, unless the Bowser is searching for grab opportunities only, since Kirby loves to be in the air and lands only to tilt or grab.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ So far any stage with a close blast zone, or lacks ledges most/all of the time is the best stages for Bowser vs Kirby. I'll say Castle Siege might be Bowser's best stage, it's not easy to gimp on the first level, only on the third level. Second level you don't want to get into a close fight while the statues are in tacked unless your performing grab strings. It would be easy for Bowser to maneuver with the statues standing making it hard to counter or defend against Bowser's attacks. So it's better to Hammer out those statues when you have the chance. Over all it's not too bad, but you don't want to go here if your not use to Castle Siege.

☯ Other than that, it's not easy to find what stage Bowser play's better vs Kirby on. I haven't played much Bowser's to say the match up, or know what stage Kirby ***** Bowser on.

Cassius.

you're deadMEAT.
NNID
CVSSIUS
3DS FC
3239-3108-0529
Just don't pick stages with small blast zones, and just pick stages where either:

Bowser's recovery seems crappier than usual/it's easy to gimp him

the other edge to that is that majority of said stages have relatively small blast zones.

I don't want to say I'd go to Delfino as Kirby, but I probably would.

Unless you're confident you won't get damaged racked up quickly, and you can live fairly well/don't fall for dumb ****, you could just pick Frigate or RC or something and be done with it. lol

Top Bottom